Dave D's swing thread - Pg 39 new putter & swing update 9th April

1293032343539
39

Comments

  • dg_1983dg_1983 Members  1284WRX Points: 56Handicap: 0.2Posts: 1,284 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #932
    It won't feel like it but I'm sure you're only a couple "mot" advisories away from being back to normal.
    Posted:
    2014 Low 2.9
    2015 Low 2.6
    2016 Low 2.1
    2017 Target 1.4
    2018 Target 0.4
    2019 Target +15
    Current 0.2
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • flog2flog2 Members  2161WRX Points: 2Handicap: 5Posts: 2,161 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #933
    This is why I think Golf is the hardest sport in the world to be consistent at, at any level.
    Posted:
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #934
    dg_1983 wrote:
    <br />
    It won't feel like it but I'm sure you're only a couple "mot" advisories away from being back to normal.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    haha hopefully<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    This is why I think Golf is the hardest sport in the world to be consistent at, at any level.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    absolutely, toughest game there is
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Mar 7, 2018 #935
    As much as I need to work on this:<br />
    <br />
    39959464894_c46de0f1b1_h.jpg<br />
    <br />
    25798571547_f27fc5ab8c_h.jpg<br />
    <br />
    I think a huge part of why I struggle so bad with it is due to my hip tilt, or lack of, in the backswing, as explained in this clip from the AMG guys:<br />
    <br />
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NeHnjuYMMF8
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #936
    Spent an hour or so during the day yesterday doing rehearsals and movements practicing a steeper hip tilt in backswing, and trying to get left shoulder working down and forward more in transition. Still obviously needs a lot of work but the difference in shots and ball flight from the 2 days before was amazing. Below some videos of a 6 iron and 3 wood.<br />
    <br />
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BgDtmGOnl79/?taken-by=davedunlop87<br />
    <br />
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BgCQsMYHLsW/?taken-by=davedunlop87
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #937
    I love the videos the Athletic Motion Golf guys put out, I've learnt a lot from watching their youtube videos so thought I'd do an online lesson with them just to hear their thoughts. and as I said I haven't got the time to visit either of the instructors I've used in recent times.<br />
    <br />
    It was Mike who did the review and they got it turned round in less than 48 hours, was a very impressive and easy process. The first thing he said was how many great ball striking elements I have in my swing, which you can never get tired of hearing <img src='http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><br />
    <br />
    He would like to see the club a touch more "on plane" on the backswing, I take it a bit "steep" and that is probably the main reason I've been struggling with 3/4 shots of late. I do get it back in to a good position at the top though.<br />
    <br />
    He believes my downswing tilt issues come from having my weight all in my heels at the top of my backswing. In the pictures below you can see how my toes are lifting up in the air slightly on both feet.<br />
    <br />
    25918547397_c86613cb17_h.jpg<br />
    <br />
    From that position it is then extremely difficult to get the weight off my heels and the weight would generally tend to move towards the front of my left foot, which I know it does as face on videos can show my left heel off the ground. My right foot and leg basically become an anchor, and because it then doesn't move much my upper body tilts in order to deliver the club in a decent way.<br />
    <br />
    38980144540_6af340236a_h.jpg<br />
    <br />
    So I need to free up my right leg and hip movement, he suggest maybe getting my weight more in the middle of my right foot *, which will help get the right hip rotating sooner instead of freezing out.<br />
    <br />
    *this concerns me slightly as I thought the weight should be more in the right heel at the top but I guess mine is too much in the heel. I also worry about this restricting my hip turn slightly as im not the most flexible person. Have emailed mike about this and waiting to his thoughts, doing some practice swings I certainly find the right leg working sooner and rotating more from this position at the top.
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • sethdavidsdadsethdavidsdad Members  1969WRX Points: 175Handicap: 2Posts: 1,969 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #938
    I'm interested in hearing his reply. Sunday I was messing around getting my weight more in the right heel as a fix for what I thought my problem was. One of the drills I was doing was putting a ball under my right toe, I saw monte do this with a student.<br />
    Talking about your earlier post, I had a chance to use a K-vest a couple of weeks ago, was surprised at how down my left shoulder had to be at the top of the backswing to make the sounds play. The position was noticeably different than what I was used to.
    Posted:
    TM Sim Tour AD DI 6x
    Ping G410 plus 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
    TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Velocore 8x
    Mizuno MP20 Nippon Modus 120
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
    Vokeys SM6 52,56 SM7 60
    WITB Link
  • lsu_justinlsu_justin Geaux Tigers! Members  671WRX Points: 93Posts: 671 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #939
    Dave D wrote:
    <br />
    I love the videos the Athletic Motion Golf guys put out, I've learnt a lot from watching their youtube videos so thought I'd do an online lesson with them just to hear their thoughts. and as I said I haven't got the time to visit either of the instructors I've used in recent times.<br />
    <br />
    It was Mike who did the review and they got it turned round in less than 48 hours, was a very impressive and easy process. The first thing he said was how many great ball striking elements I have in my swing, which you can never get tired of hearing <img src='http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><br />
    <br />
    He would like to see the club a touch more "on plane" on the backswing, I take it a bit "steep" and that is probably the main reason I've been struggling with 3/4 shots of late. I do get it back in to a good position at the top though.<br />
    <br />
    He believes my downswing tilt issues come from having my weight all in my heels at the top of my backswing. In the pictures below you can see how my toes are lifting up in the air slightly on both feet.<br />
    <br />
    25918547397_c86613cb17_h.jpg<br />
    <br />
    From that position it is then extremely difficult to get the weight off my heels and the weight would generally tend to move towards the front of my left foot, which I know it does as face on videos can show my left heel off the ground. My right foot and leg basically become an anchor, and because it then doesn't move much my upper body tilts in order to deliver the club in a decent way.<br />
    <br />
    38980144540_6af340236a_h.jpg<br />
    <br />
    So I need to free up my right leg and hip movement, he suggest maybe getting my weight more in the middle of my right foot *, which will help get the right hip rotating sooner instead of freezing out.<br />
    <br />
    *this concerns me slightly as I thought the weight should be more in the right heel at the top but I guess mine is too much in the heel. I also worry about this restricting my hip turn slightly as im not the most flexible person. Have emailed mike about this and waiting to his thoughts, doing some practice swings I certainly find the right leg working sooner and rotating more from this position at the top.<br />
    I take lessons locally from Robert Merrill who's part of the AMG team. We've worked on my pressure shifts which helped clean up my path issues. I think you'll enjoy your lessons, very intelligent group of guys.
    Posted:
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #940
    lsu_justin wrote:
    <br />
    Dave D wrote:
    <br />
    I love the videos the Athletic Motion Golf guys put out, I've learnt a lot from watching their youtube videos so thought I'd do an online lesson with them just to hear their thoughts. and as I said I haven't got the time to visit either of the instructors I've used in recent times.<br />
    <br />
    It was Mike who did the review and they got it turned round in less than 48 hours, was a very impressive and easy process. The first thing he said was how many great ball striking elements I have in my swing, which you can never get tired of hearing <img src='http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><br />
    <br />
    He would like to see the club a touch more "on plane" on the backswing, I take it a bit "steep" and that is probably the main reason I've been struggling with 3/4 shots of late. I do get it back in to a good position at the top though.<br />
    <br />
    He believes my downswing tilt issues come from having my weight all in my heels at the top of my backswing. In the pictures below you can see how my toes are lifting up in the air slightly on both feet.<br />
    <br />
    25918547397_c86613cb17_h.jpg<br />
    <br />
    From that position it is then extremely difficult to get the weight off my heels and the weight would generally tend to move towards the front of my left foot, which I know it does as face on videos can show my left heel off the ground. My right foot and leg basically become an anchor, and because it then doesn't move much my upper body tilts in order to deliver the club in a decent way.<br />
    <br />
    38980144540_6af340236a_h.jpg<br />
    <br />
    So I need to free up my right leg and hip movement, he suggest maybe getting my weight more in the middle of my right foot *, which will help get the right hip rotating sooner instead of freezing out.<br />
    <br />
    *this concerns me slightly as I thought the weight should be more in the right heel at the top but I guess mine is too much in the heel. I also worry about this restricting my hip turn slightly as im not the most flexible person. Have emailed mike about this and waiting to his thoughts, doing some practice swings I certainly find the right leg working sooner and rotating more from this position at the top.<br />
    I take lessons locally from Robert Merrill who's part of the AMG team. We've worked on my pressure shifts which helped clean up my path issues. I think you'll enjoy your lessons, very intelligent group of guys.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    That good to hear, they certainly do. Interesting what you say about pressure cleaning up path, I forgot to mention in my post that the way the I work the club is very neutral but the way my lower body works is very much moving the path right.
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #941
    <br />
    I'm interested in hearing his reply. Sunday I was messing around getting my weight more in the right heel as a fix for what I thought my problem was. One of the drills I was doing was putting a ball under my right toe, I saw monte do this with a student.<br />
    Talking about your earlier post, I had a chance to use a K-vest a couple of weeks ago, was surprised at how down my left shoulder had to be at the top of the backswing to make the sounds play. The position was noticeably different than what I was used to.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    in regards to the heel like everything in the golfswing i guess it can be over done. certainly sounds like a good drill to help get the weight into the heel. I know I certainly have a tendency to turn to flat at times and use the feel of left shoulder down to the ground to help that.
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • i*windowsi*windows Members  2308WRX Points: 260Handicap: 12.3Posts: 2,308 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #942
    Dave D wrote:
    <br />
    Spent an hour or so during the day yesterday doing rehearsals and movements practicing a steeper hip tilt in backswing, and trying to get left shoulder working down and forward more in transition. Still obviously needs a lot of work but the difference in shots and ball flight from the 2 days before was amazing. Below some videos of a 6 iron and 3 wood.<br />
    <br />
    https://www.instagra...by=davedunlop87<br />
    <br />
    https://www.instagra...by=davedunlop87<br />
    <br />
    nice twirl
    Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just hit the **** ball.[/font]
    TM R1
    Adams Tight lies 2 5w
    Cleveland Mashie 5h
    Nike Covert Forged 2, 6-PW
    Lynx Prowler VT 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Tour Action 51*
    MD Golf Seve Sedona 58*
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Mar 14, 2018 #943
    i*windows wrote:
    <br />
    Dave D wrote:
    <br />
    Spent an hour or so during the day yesterday doing rehearsals and movements practicing a steeper hip tilt in backswing, and trying to get left shoulder working down and forward more in transition. Still obviously needs a lot of work but the difference in shots and ball flight from the 2 days before was amazing. Below some videos of a 6 iron and 3 wood.<br />
    <br />
    https://www.instagra...by=davedunlop87<br />
    <br />
    https://www.instagra...by=davedunlop87<br />
    <br />
    nice twirl<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    thanks, if nothing else my #toursauce game has improved over the winter months <img src='http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><br />
    <br />
    I'd say I could beat most lpga players and 4 handicap men when it comes to twirl & pimp step game.
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #944
    Mike's reply:<br />
    <br />
    "You are definitely doing a lot of things right. Yes, getting that early backswing more on plane will tune up your 3/4 straight away.<br />
    <br />
    We get golfers in almost every day with the weight moving too much into that right heel… it’s just something that gradually gets overdone with time. Being aware of it goes a long way towards getting back up near the laces.<br />
    <br />
    Yes on getting off that right heel sooner in the downswing. A good drill to help with that is the Norman foot slide drill. At the start of the downswing just feel like you are starting to drag your right foot toward your left as you strike it. Do it with easy speed with a 7 iron. You’ll get a sense for that right foot having to lighten a bit earlier for you.<br />
    <br />
    If you need anything at all, just let us know."
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • crustcrust Members  50WRX Points: 25Posts: 50 Bunkers
    Joined:  #945
    Dave D wrote:
    <br />
    As much as I need to work on this:<br />
    <br />
    39959464894_c46de0f1b1_h.jpg<br />
    <br />
    25798571547_f27fc5ab8c_h.jpg<br />
    <br />
    I think a huge part of why I struggle so bad with it is due to my hip tilt, or lack of, in the backswing, as explained in this clip from the AMG guys:<br />
    <br />
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NeHnjuYMMF8<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Hey Dave I'd like to see the rest of this topic. Can you post the link please?<br />
    Cheers
    Posted:
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Mar 16, 2018 #946
    crust wrote:
    <br />
    Hey Dave I'd like to see the rest of this topic. Can you post the link please?<br />
    Cheers<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Here you go: http://www.golfwrx.c...t-in-downswing/
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • flog2flog2 Members  2161WRX Points: 2Handicap: 5Posts: 2,161 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #947
    how much do they charge for online lesson?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #948
    <br />
    how much do they charge for online lesson?<br />
    <br />
    $50
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #949
    First time in about 2 months I was due to be playing golf today, and it's f*#cking snowing! Bloody England.
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • crustcrust Members  50WRX Points: 25Posts: 50 Bunkers
    Joined:  #950
    Dave D wrote:
    <br />
    crust wrote:
    <br />
    Hey Dave I'd like to see the rest of this topic. Can you post the link please?<br />
    Cheers<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Here you go: http://www.golfwrx.c...t-in-downswing/<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    A belated thanks Dave
    Posted:
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #951
    Dave D wrote:
    <br />
    First time in about 2 months I was due to be playing golf today, and it's f*#cking snowing! Bloody England.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    We had to play our match as it's a national competition and had to be done by yesterday. We won the match 2 & 1 at a golf course I'd never played before. Hitting and finding shots wasn't an issue, some of the greens to putt on were very "interesting". Was concerned with how I'd hit it given the little time I'd had to try and implement the changes/feels. 1st hole I knocked driver pin high on the fringe, which I was rather happy with given it was 0*c with a feels like temperature of -6*. I hit the ball solid all match, driver especially, which has become the norm since getting my M2.<br />
    <br />
    Was a tough match and fairly even all the way until I hit it to a foot on 16 for gimmie birdie and then nearly had a hole in one on 17, landing 3 inches past the right edge of the cup and stopping 2 feet away. 2 & 1 win.<br />
    <br />
    Overall very happy with how the swing felt given the first round in over 2 months. Onwards and upwards as the weather hopefully picks up. Got a county competition for all the club champions on sunday 1st which is my next event.
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Mar 19, 2018 #952
    Also was the first time I'd got the spider out on the course and loved it, like the alignment lines too, similar to the lines on the ghost spider s but in a nicer looking head and firmer insert which will hopefully help me with distance control better on longer putts.
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • flog2flog2 Members  2161WRX Points: 2Handicap: 5Posts: 2,161 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #953
    love my vicino spider- prob the most solid putter I've owned, its needing some refurb/tlc so might try it myself like you did, easy? any recommendations on paints or process so it doesnt look like Del boy did it?
    Posted:
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Mar 20, 2018 #954
    <br />
    love my vicino spider- prob the most solid putter I've owned, its needing some refurb/tlc so might try it myself like you did, easy? any recommendations on paints or process so it doesnt look like Del boy did it?<br />
    <br />
    I never actually refurbed a spider, but when I have painted putters I've used car paints and they've always stood up pretty well. The key to a good finish is in the preparation, sanding to a good smooth finish greatly helps.
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #955
    Mizuno iron fitting booked for this sunday <img src='http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • flog2flog2 Members  2161WRX Points: 2Handicap: 5Posts: 2,161 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #956
    Dave D wrote:
    <br />
    Mizuno iron fitting booked for this sunday <img src='http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><br />
    <br />
    MP18 SC or MB
    Posted:
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #957
    <br />
    Dave D wrote:
    <br />
    Mizuno iron fitting booked for this sunday <img src='http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><br />
    <br />
    MP18 SC or MB<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    depends on the numbers but thinking of a combo set maybe, although both look awesome
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Mar 21, 2018 #958
    The sensible part of my brain is saying I should go for a fli-hi 4 iron bent a couple of degrees weak, 5-6 or 7 in SC and the rest MB<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    But my heart is saying a full set of MBs, these are just so **** to look at<br />
    <br />
    review18setbag.jpg
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • flog2flog2 Members  2161WRX Points: 2Handicap: 5Posts: 2,161 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #959
    agree re MB's being **** to look at, you can drool over them while looking at your scorecard and the 'couple of shots that got away' using the MB's..............unless you are playing full time the SC's give that tad of forgiveness and confidence us amateurs with hardly any strokes (none in your case) need.<br />
    <br />
    Combo set would be best, but your call
    Posted:
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #960
    <br />
    agree re MB's being **** to look at, you can drool over them while looking at your scorecard and the 'couple of shots that got away' using the MB's..............unless you are playing full time the SC's give that tad of forgiveness and confidence us amateurs with hardly any strokes (none in your case) need.<br />
    <br />
    Combo set would be best, but your call<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    yeah annoyingly that is what my head says. Although I've been reading reviews and quite a few say they don't really notice much difference between the 2 sets. You've got SC's haven't you? how do you find them? do they have a bit of forgiveness.<br />
    <br />
    Have to say I'm being somewhat influenced by a couple of the reviews and mark crossfield reviews on blades. Forgiveness is extremely hard to measure and will a small cavity really have much difference to a blade? or is it more confidence inspiring thinking there's a bit of help?
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #961
    But then my current set are MOI matched, using lead tape to alter the head weights, if I'm going to get that done would I be best having the SCs as the MBs wouldn't look as good with lead tape on anyway, decisions decisions
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

39

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.