NEED GOLF CLEAT RECEPTACLE PLEASE HELP!!!

I have a special leg disorder requiring me to wear custom orthotic shoes. I wanted to convert these shoes to golf shoes but I needed to find receptacles for golf cleats so we could a fix them into the sole of the shoes and then add cleats. My orthopedist is willing to build a sole around the receptacles. Does anyone know where I can buy the receptacles for fast twist, tri lock, PINS or Q lock.





11.png

PS

I've already tried quickspikes and other golf shoe converters but they don't work.

Comments

  • sheppy335sheppy335 TMAG Junkie Members Posts: 6,343 ✭✭
    did you try calling the softspike manufacturer?
    TM M3 440 TP 10 Mitsubishi Kai'li
    TM M2 Tour 15 Kuro Kage
    TM M1 Tour 18 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
    TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
    TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
    TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
    TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
    TM ATV HP 58 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

    I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.
  • brian25brian25 Members Posts: 37
    http://www.customcleats.com



    these guys should be able to help you.



    Also have you tried just cutting out the sections you needed from a cheap pair of spikes
  • XYB34AXYB34A Unregistered Posts: 2,446
    i think its called a "last" but not sure the exact term its not just the cleat hole thing its a plastic or metal form with the cleat holes attached to it.



    go buy a new pair of golf shoes that are blemished and have the shoe maker take them apart and get each "last" out of the blemished shoes and use them in the pair you want built
  • drcabraldrcabral Members Posts: 64
    sheppy335 wrote:


    did you try calling the softspike manufacturer?




    Yeah I called softspike and Champ's. They only sell receptacles to shoe manufactures. For what ever reason they to sell you cleats but like keeping the recpticles on lock
  • drcabraldrcabral Members Posts: 64
    brian25 wrote:


    http://www.customcleats.com



    these guys should be able to help you.



    Also have you tried just cutting out the sections you needed from a cheap pair of spikes




    I spoke with Custom cleats. They affix cleat plates to the bottom of shoes but, because my orthotics are custom made my orthopedist says it won't work.
  • Asics10Asics10 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    I've been doing this on football (soccer) cleat studs for a long time. Get a softspike with metal threads, then take it to your local hardware store and get the proper length and thread size t-nut (it may actually be metric). A drill and some creativity and you put the t-nut underneath the insole and thread the softspike on the other end.

  • drcabraldrcabral Members Posts: 64
    Asics10 wrote:


    I've been doing this on football (soccer) cleat studs for a long time. Get a softspike with metal threads, then take it to your local hardware store and get the proper length and thread size t-nut (it may actually be metric). A drill and some creativity and you put the t-nut underneath the insole and thread the softspike on the other end.





    How do you get them to stick in rubber soles? Do you glue them or nail them in?
  • Asics10Asics10 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    drcabral wrote:

    Asics10 wrote:


    I've been doing this on football (soccer) cleat studs for a long time. Get a softspike with metal threads, then take it to your local hardware store and get the proper length and thread size t-nut (it may actually be metric). A drill and some creativity and you put the t-nut underneath the insole and thread the softspike on the other end.





    How do you get them to stick in rubber soles? Do you glue them or nail them in?




    You can glue them but it's not really necessary, the more you tighten down the soft spike, the more the t-nut will pull into the last (the cardboard piece under the insole).
  • H.A. KerrH.A. Kerr I'm almost 100% sure the word you want is "losing" Members Posts: 738
    drcabral wrote:


    How do you get them to stick in rubber soles? Do you glue them or nail them in?




    T-nuts go in from the top. Drill a hole, insert the T-nut from the topside of the footbed (under your insoles) and screw the spike in from the bottom.
  • juice744juice744 Members Posts: 527 ✭✭
    I have to say,..I can't see this working properly. Unless the shoe is designed as a cleat , you are going to run into some issues. The rubber sole of a shoe (orthepedic or not) is not firm enough to do this with.

    I mean, sure...you can put the spikes in on the bottom, but unless there are large hard plastic plates plates to distribute the pressure of the screw of the spike accross the entire sole of your foot, you are going to wind up feeling like you are walking on nails.

    . .you might as well just hammer nails through your feet. It will probably feel just about as comfortable.



    If the footwear in question is somehow intended for this use, then good luck. But if it is not, you are going to have bloody screw holes inboth feet
  • juice744juice744 Members Posts: 527 ✭✭
    Also, if you really want to do this correctly.

    Bring your orthopedic shoes to a leatherworker/shoe repair shop.

    Ask them to re-sole them using cleat bottoms.



    I wasn't trying to come off mean before. I just don't want u ruining a pair of expensive orthotics, only to find out it didn't work, and is very painful
  • MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,475 ✭✭
    As stated before, a much better option would be to have last such is on Ashworth cardiff or Ecco street sole added to appropriate shoe form, these "spikeless" alternative shoes provide excellent traction. You may also want to have orthopedic doctor/podiatrist contact shoe manufacturer directly. I personally am aware that New Balance and Nike have assisted those with special issues in the past.
    Taylormade r510tp 10.5* Fuji Evo TS 661
    Taylormade 300 tour 15* Fuji TS 8.0
    Taylormade V Steel 18* Purple Ice 85
    TEE CNC Ltd. Forged 3-pw s400
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Cameron 1996 Laguna
Sign In or Register to comment.