HoM STyLz new bag**UPDATED 12/23/05**

CGT member
What's In The Bag?

Sponsored by Scratch Golf & Cleveland Golf

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 TP 8.5* w/UST Proforce V2 Tour 86g X

Backups:Taylor Made R7 425 TP 8.5* w/UST Proforce V2 Tour 86g XS, Taylor Made R7 425 TP 7.5* w/UST Proforce V2 Tour 86g XS, Cleveland Launcher Comp 460 (proto) 8.5* w/Aldila NV 85-x, Cleveland Launcher Comp 420 (proto) 8.5 w/Aldila NV 75-X

3-Wood: Cleveland Golf Launcher Steel 13* w/UST Proforce V2 Tour 96g XS

Hybrid: Cleveland Golf Halo 16* w/True Temper Dynamic Gold x100 (3iron length)

Irons: Cleveland GolfCG2 (4-6iron) w/True Temper Tour Concept x1, Cleveland Golf CG1 satin *not pictured* (7iron-PW) w/True Temper Tour Concept x1, ***soon to be replaced with SCRATCH

Wedges: Cleveland Golf TC CG11 50*/54*/58* w/True Temper s400, soon to be replaced with SCRATCH

Putter: Taylor Made Rossa Mezza Monza

Bag: Cleveland Golf "Cleveland Golf Tour" stand bag, Cleveland Golf 10.5" staff bag

Cleveland Golf Tour pro

𝗦ᴜɴ𝗧ʀᴜsᴛ 𝗧ᴀᴍᴘᴀ 𝗕ᴀʏ 𝗣ʀᴏ/𝗔ᴍ 𝗣ʀᴏғᴇssɪᴏɴᴀʟ 𝗖ʜᴀᴍᴘɪᴏɴ (-𝟭𝟮/𝟮𝟬𝟭)

68A7239E-AAC2-4873-AAB4-79AB07381822.png.1162e21eb149e0d7ca8526c3ec552f4c.png

DRIVER: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ 𝗤𝗶𝟭𝟬 𝗟𝗦 𝟴° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗚𝗞 𝗫𝗫

3 WOOD: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ 𝗤𝗶𝟭𝟬 𝟭𝟰.𝟱° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗙𝗪 𝗦ᴇᴠᴇɴ 𝗫

5 WOOD: 𝗖ᴏʙʀᴀ 𝗥ᴀᴅ𝗦ᴘᴇᴇᴅ 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝟭𝟵° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗙𝗪 𝗦ᴇᴠᴇɴ 𝗫

IRONS: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ ᴘ𝟳𝟱𝟬 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏ 𝟯ɪ 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗛ʏʙʀɪᴅ 𝟭𝟬𝟬 𝗫,𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ ᴘ𝟳𝟱𝟬 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏ 𝟰ɪ/ᴘ𝟳ᴛᴡ 𝟱ɪ-𝗣𝗪 𝗡ɪᴘᴘᴏɴ 𝗡.𝗦. 𝗣ʀᴏ 𝗠ᴏᴅᴜs 𝟭𝟬𝟱 𝗫

WEDGES: 𝗧ɪᴛʟᴇɪsᴛ 𝗩ᴏᴋᴇʏ 𝗦𝗠𝟭𝟬 𝟱𝟰°𝗙 𝗥ᴀᴡ/𝗧ɪᴛʟᴇɪsᴛ 𝗩ᴏᴋᴇʏ 𝗦𝗠𝟵 𝟱𝟴°𝗩 𝗥ᴀᴡ 𝗡ɪᴘᴘᴏɴ 𝗡.𝗦. 𝗣ʀᴏ 𝗠ᴏᴅᴜs 𝟭𝟮𝟬 𝗫

PUTTER: 𝗕ʏʀᴏɴ 𝗠ᴏʀɢᴀɴ 𝗗𝗛𝟴𝟵 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗪ᴇʟᴅᴇᴅ 𝗙ʟᴏᴡ 𝗡ᴇᴄᴋ 𝟯𝘅 𝗕ʟᴀᴄᴋ

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how have you been playing this year. any good finishes??? good luck. matt

53206[/snapback]

tried playing the year with a torn acl/mcl but didnt go well. had surgery & had a few top 20's in state opens toward the end of the year. hopefully next year will be a injury free year, i hope to play the Hooters Tour winter series. thanks

IRONS: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ ᴘ𝟳𝟱𝟬 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏ 𝟯ɪ 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗛ʏʙʀɪᴅ 𝟭𝟬𝟬 𝗫,𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ ᴘ𝟳𝟱𝟬 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏ 𝟰ɪ/ᴘ𝟳ᴛᴡ 𝟱ɪ-𝗣𝗪 𝗡ɪᴘᴘᴏɴ 𝗡.𝗦. 𝗣ʀᴏ 𝗠ᴏᴅᴜs 𝟭𝟬𝟱 𝗫

WEDGES: 𝗧ɪᴛʟᴇɪsᴛ 𝗩ᴏᴋᴇʏ 𝗦𝗠𝟭𝟬 𝟱𝟰°𝗙 𝗥ᴀᴡ/𝗧ɪᴛʟᴇɪsᴛ 𝗩ᴏᴋᴇʏ 𝗦𝗠𝟵 𝟱𝟴°𝗩 𝗥ᴀᴡ 𝗡ɪᴘᴘᴏɴ 𝗡.𝗦. 𝗣ʀᴏ 𝗠ᴏᴅᴜs 𝟭𝟮𝟬 𝗫

what happened to your Scratch stuff?

53231[/snapback]

still have my Scratch irons & wedges!!! i could never get rid of those, they are my favorite irons ever. but it was one of those things where my eyes needed a change & Cleveland really wanted me in a set of their irons. they made me a set of TA1's, CG1's, CG2's, & after grinding them to my specifications we decides on a combo of CG1 & 2's, the Scratch wedges actually stayed in the bag for a while because it took a while to get the grinds down on all my wedges, but after a lot of grinding & drilling through a couple of faces the guys on the van got it perfect! when Cleveland's supplying the gear & their reps/tour van are there week in & week out you feel pressured to please them!

i do not mean to offend you, but how did you score a Cleveland Sponsorship? I saw what you shot in the 2 Tournaments that you played in on their tour ,  you must have played on a different tour as well and caught their attention

53365[/snapback]

im not offended at all, i tried playing the season without undergoing knee surgery, turned out i couldnt play very well until i had it done. played in a pro/am event with a Cleveland PGA Tour rep, told me he thought i had tremendous potential, said that i had the "image" they were looking for, that they could really help me in the future, & said that he'd never played with anyone who hits the ball that long. BAM, after that ive had bag full of Cleveland Golf products. now i'm just looking toward a injury free season next year, & most likely playing a few Spanos or Tour de las Americas events early next season

here's the requested Scratch irons wedges, they are Tour Blades 3-9iron, 3x black finish, Tour Concept x1 shafts. quility is bad i know but i dont have a digi at the time, sorry

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

i do not mean to offend you, but how did you score a Cleveland Sponsorship? I saw what you shot in the 2 Tournaments that you played in on their tour ,  you must have played on a different tour as well and caught their attention

53365[/snapback]

im not offended at all, i tried playing the season without undergoing knee surgery, turned out i couldnt play very well until i had it done. played in a pro/am event with a Cleveland PGA Tour rep, told me he thought i had tremendous potential, said that i had the "image" they were looking for, that they could really help me in the future, & said that he'd never played with anyone who hits the ball that long. BAM, after that ive had bag full of Cleveland Golf products. now i'm just looking toward a injury free season next year, & most likely playing a few Spanos or Tour de las Americas events early next season

53373[/snapback]

thanks for answering that. i am waiting on a set of same Scratch blades from Ari, glad to hear you like them. Good luck on your future golf, hope you get to the place you want to be.

Now we just need to get you a Canon camera sponsorship.  :drinks:

53387[/snapback]

got that right!!! only soo much i can do with a sidekickII phone. hell ill carry around a Canon staff bag for a free camera!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
those clubs look sweet how do you liek th comp 420 compared to the 460?

61841[/snapback]

the 420 i would say is about the same as the 460 although i have found that the 460 is about 10yards longer & a tad more forgiving. i have had the 460 in the bag because it has also been the most accurate. i have a couple of FT-3 tour heads coming in today from Callaway so i'm going to shaft them up & test them out, but i have yet to find a driver as solid as the Comp.

53206[/snapback]

tried playing the year with a torn acl/mcl but didnt go well. had surgery & had a few top 20's in state opens toward the end of the year. hopefully next year will be a injury free year, i hope to play the Hooters Tour winter series. thanks

53229[/snapback]

Which knee did you have a problem with?? Just curious.

my right knee.... went with the cg11 because we got the lowest ball flight with those & didnt have to drill any holes to get the flight down. it was mostly a feel thing & at the time they weren't available yet & the guys on the tour van really liked them & talked me into them, after hitting the CG11's i really liked them... not to mention we got the grinds perfect, ive got 6 CG10 wedges that i have yet put into play because i really like the feel & stability of the CG11's

great set of clubs! I really like the look of those clevaland drivers. What golf course is that?  Looks familiar. Is that in Mass?

72282[/snapback]

Waverly Oaks in Plymouth, I met up with a Golfwrx member who I've become pretty good friends with, Mike (OC).

great set of clubs! I really like the look of those clevaland drivers. What golf course is that?  Looks familiar. Is that in Mass?

72282[/snapback]

Waverly Oaks in Plymouth, I met up with a Golfwrx member who I've become pretty good friends with, Mike (OC).

72800[/snapback]

yup, Waverly Oaks in Plymouth, played that a couple of times, but its been a few years. Great course. I gotta go back there. I always get sucked into Pinehills accross the street. Thanks , and good luck with your game!!!

72282[/snapback]

72800[/snapback]

yup, Waverly Oaks in Plymouth, played that a couple of times, but its been a few years. Great course. I gotta go back there. I always get sucked into Pinehills accross the street. Thanks , and good luck with your game!!!

I hope to play Pine Hills when I get back from Florida in the spring, I've got TJ Valentines e-mail at a CGT event this year, I'll hafta see if he can get me on!

53206[/snapback]

53229[/snapback]

Again, I too am not trying to offend, my curiosity led me to the scorecards as well...I simply did not think the larger equipment companies would sponsor based on potential (I guess I am showing my ignorance), I had assumed that winning and or placing highly had something to do with one's marketability...Did you play college golf?...What were your scores like pre-knee injury?...You also mentioned that the Cleveland guys said you were one of the longest players they had seen, have you taken advantage of your length to make some $$$ at the LDA events?

53206[/snapback]

53229[/snapback]

Again, I too am not trying to offend, my curiosity led me to the scorecards as well...I simply did not think the larger equipment companies would sponsor based on potential (I guess I am showing my ignorance), I had assumed that winning and or placing highly had something to do with one's marketability...Did you play college golf?...What were your scores like pre-knee injury?...You also mentioned that the Cleveland guys said you were one of the longest players they had seen, have you taken advantage of your length to make some $$$ at the LDA events?

placed well in a couple of state opens but thats it. i met a PGA Tour rep from Cleveland & played with him in a pro/am, come to find out he lives in my town. i guess he thought there was something worth investing in & thats how i got my deal. all the reps out on the mini tours have their own accounts that they put players on that they feel have the potential & thats how these guys 1st get picked up. i was thinking about the LDA but i cant compete by using a 44" driver, maybe an exceptional driver contest i could do really well in but against guys using a 48' driver i dont stand a chance

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing the Comp for a while now, I had never used a Cleveland wood until this year & the Comp is most definatly the best driver I have ever used. The Comp460 is in the bag now, I was using the 420 but since I have a tendency to crack the crowns & faces with ease I am a bit nevous in using it. Whatever I am hitting well or feels best I put in the bag. I am now testing out the new R7 425 & FT-3 to see how they compare to the Comp, but as of now the Comp is in the bag to stay until Cleveland comes out with some more goodies!

i know bud! the knee is great & i can't wait to play with you! KK, thanks for all your help i appreciate it!!!

how are the launcher comp fairway wooods? I am yet to try one out...

i love em', they go forever. i have to say that i like the new steel Launcher b/c the shape makes it easier to hit off the deck but the Comp FW is definatly the longest as i drove a 313yard par4 with it this year. its tough to say as im have changed the 2 alot but have stuck with the steel for a while now. definatly great fairway woods, you'd just have to hit them to see which one you like better, definatly one of the longest fw's out there.

hey man, just wondering, what's your swing speed? 313 3 wood...gotta say in the 130's or higher..right? what was it when you were 16???

just to let the guy who keeps questioning your sponsorship know...i used to work for a small time golf company under the table..and i was supposed to keep my eye out for sponsorship opportunities...guys that were struggling on the tours and what not, playing state tourneys. it happens. and i wish the best to all of them. the advantage those guys get from being sponsored is that they get access to the best tech out there..and have NO excuse not to use their equiptment to their full advantage, eh hom bomb?