Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Golf Stat apps/online - My experiences and ideal solution

bjp1bjp1 SilkyJohns Creek, GAMembers Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭✭
Over the past 4 years I've cycled between several different means of tracking my round stats. Over the past 2 years, I've wanted to move away from having 'more' stuff to cycle through while on the golf, i.e. fewer screens, less visual clutter (maps), etc. At times, I'm sure my play was affected by fiddling with my phone to keep my pace of play, but also capture my stats along the way. Here's what I've used, and where I found the most benefit:

- Golfshot GPS (app) - ease of use, basic aerial views, clear GPS readings, club tracking stats - Best feature for me - easy access to layup distances

- PGA Tour Caddie (app) - same as Golfshot - Best feature for me - video flyovers including club distances tee to green

- Shot-by-Shot (app and online) - simple online, simple stats - Best feature for me - summarized stats with key insights for improvements

- oobGolf (app and online) - ease of use, basic GPS, lengthy stat options, very good stats analysis features online - Best feature for me - round notes feature

- MySmartGolf.com (online only) - lengthy stats, creates a round summary after inputting stats, tracks club and ballstriking quality - Best feature for me - GIR per club and avg first putt distance per club

- Swing by Swing Looper (app and online) - good stats analysis online - Best feature for me - visual aerial recap of the entire round

- GolfSites (phone and ipad app) - very similar to SbS Looper, but a little easier to navigate during the round - Best feature for me - visual aerial recap of the entire round (cleaner than SbS Looper)

I'm sure there are other options out there as well that I haven't tried, i.e. GolfLogix, etc. Each one of these does something that I find would be ideal if only one app/online resource could provide. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some of these apps will evolve and become the ideal solution for me. Ultimately, I'm looking for an app/online resource that does the following:

1) Provide simple input of hole-by-hole stats, with the option to add stats (like oobGolf)

2) Analyze my round stats and generate insightful feedback, comparisons (avg for my hcp or pro).

3) Provide detailed stats per tracked clubs, including GIR distances from the pin by club, distance from the pin by approach yardage, greens missed by mishit type

4) Ability to add notes to the round, i.e. swing thoughts, what worked today, what didn't, WITB, etc.

One solution would be ideal, but I'll have to continue to use oobGolf app/online and mysmartgolf in combination to get the most of what I'm looking for.

If anyone has feedback or recommendations, I'm interested in hearing what you're using and what you're trying to capture about your game during and post round.
Mizuno JPX-900 w/Fuji Speeder 661 Evolution IV S
Titleist 818H1 & H2 17*, 20*, 23* w/Tensei Blue S
Callaway Apex CF19 5-AW w/Elevate 95S 
Ping Glide 3.0 54* & 60*
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball Fang 38"

Comments

• Kingfisher69Kingfisher69 Kingfisher Members Posts: 29
    Thanks for the post. Ive been using the "Grint" app. I like it but had problems with the GPS.
    Driver-Ping G25 8.5* TFC 189 R Flex
    Irons-Ping G25 4-W, Blue dot, CFS R Flex
    Wedges- KZG Forged II 56*, 60*
    Putter- Ping Scottsdale Half Pipe
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE
    "ROLL TIDE ROLL"
  • biggs810biggs810 Members Posts: 12
    Hang in there fellas. I believe something is coming out that is EXACTLY what you are looking for. I'm going to flag this post and I'll report back soon. We have an app in late stages of development. For information, PM me.
  • SAGolfer61SAGolfer61 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

golfstatscoach.com is a great option.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file