2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Fantasy Football Gurus

EaglesGolf99

Who do you start this week, week 10, in a PPR League? Need 2 of these 3.

Frank Gore vs. Carolina

Fred Jackson @ Pittsburgh

Mike James vs. Miami

Thanks for any insight. Big week. Gore and Jackson have been my workhorses but James filled a nice roll for me last week and is projected to go big again this week.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you can bench Gore. He's been a beast this year. You especially can't bench him based on one good week from James last week. James is on a very bad team. I look at last week as the outlier, the exception if you will, and look at his previous 2 weeks as the expectation. James is going to be more of a 70 yards a game type of guy. James, also, isn't going to get a lot of scores. TB's O is simply too terrible.

I would start Gore and Jackson this week and wouldn't even think about it. Buffalo can say Spiller is healthy all they want, but, the fact is Jackson still has a significant role on that Offense. Quite frankly, even when Spiller was healthy the first few games, Jackson looked every bit as good from a fantasy perspective. He's going to get touches, he's going to receptions, and he has a very good chance of getting score.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

I would personally avoid Gore @ Carolina. His YPC over his last few games has been under 4 and Carolina plays really good defense. He also doesn't catch many passes either, while you're guaranteed at least 4 catches or so from the other guys.

With that being said, James hasn't scored a TD this year so you have to take that into account. I think James will likely total more yards and catch more passes than Gore, but Gore may sneak into the end zone at some point.

Jackson is a no brainer IMO.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

[quote name='itchyfinger' timestamp='1383834649' post='8114688']
James is a man. And I would be careful with Jackson....Spiller is at full speed and is finally living up to his draft spot.
[/quote]

I agree, I'd sit Jackson. He will still get goal line carries(although he's been ineffective there recently) so you have to consider that. But Spiller isn't hurt anymore, I think Jackson goes back to being a change of pace back. Jackson isn't gonna be getting all of those carries anymore.

Jackson still got 15+ touches a game when Spiller was healthy the first 4 or whatever weeks of the season. Jackson is going to get touches. Spiller is not a 20+ touch a game type of player. He has proven time and time again that he can't hold up. I'd expect Jackson's amount of touches to drop somewhat, but, I would still expect him in that 10 carry range with a few receptions. The game plan early in the season when Spiller was healthy was the same at last year. That meant Jackson was, and is, going to continue to be a part of the offense.

I try to never overreact to 1 game. I think Mike James is that trap. As good as he looked last weekend, he looked equally as ineffective the two games prior while taking on a large role for TB.

Just my thoughts at least.

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1383850042' post='8115708']
Jackson still got 15+ touches a game when Spiller was healthy the first 4 or whatever weeks of the season. Jackson is going to get touches. Spiller is not a 20+ touch a game type of player. He has proven time and time again that he can't hold up. I'd expect Jackson's amount of touches to drop somewhat, but, I would still expect him in that 10 carry range with a few receptions. The game plan early in the season when Spiller was healthy was the same at last year. That meant Jackson was, and is, going to continue to be a part of the offense.

I try to never overreact to 1 game. I think Mike James is that trap. As good as he looked last weekend, he looked equally as ineffective the two games prior while taking on a large role for TB.

Just my thoughts at least.
[/quote]

Frank Gore hasn't been good outside of goal line situations, with the exception of 1 run, in his last 3 games. If you're banking on those goal-to-go situations, he's the one to start.

Personally, I'm not starting Gore against the 2nd best rushing defense in the league when you can start Mike James against a defense that's giving up 116 yards per game.

The numbers say James, but if your gut says Gore, I guess you gotta do it OP. If Gore lights it up, it wouldn't be the 1st time I've been wrong! :)

[quote name='J-Tizzle' timestamp='1384286316' post='8138578']
Looks like Gore won the battle of these three this past week.
[/quote]

Yeah I mean none of them were effective. James was on pace for the biggest game until he broke his ankle.

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1384287839' post='8138726']
[/quote]

Yeah I mean none of them were effective. James was on pace for the biggest game until he broke his ankle.
[/quote]

Gore looked as if he had a good YPC average. I didn't see the game. Why didn't he get it more carries?

James was on a really good pace until disaster struck.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1384288971' post='8138834']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Gore looked as if he had a good YPC average. I didn't see the game. Why didn't he get it more carries?

[/quote]

I was there and I wanted, along with 40k others to personally walk up to Greg Roman's box and toss him out. Gore was quite effective against the Panthers run D.....yet Roman decided it was best to go to 7 step drop passes against a good rush and never bother to call Gore's number much come the second half. I guess Im too stupid to realize why an OC would abandon the only thing on offense that is working....and go strictly to something that didn work or hasnt all game.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1384289811' post='8138908']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was there and I wanted, along with 40k others to personally walk up to Greg Roman's box and toss him out. Gore was quite effective against the Panthers run D.....yet Roman decided it was best to go to 7 step drop passes against a good rush and never bother to call Gore's number much come the second half. I guess Im too stupid to realize why an OC would abandon the only thing on offense that is working....and go strictly to something that didn work or hasnt all game.
[/quote]

I was curious about that. I was somewhat keeping up with it on my phone and it seemed as if he was rather effective throughout the game.

As bad as that was Bubba, just be glad you aren't a Cowboys fan!

As bad as the Cowboys are at times, they can also compete with anybody in the league. Plus, youre in a bad division and sitting atop the standings and in control of your own destiny.....cant ask for much more at this point of the season. But I hear you, inconsistency is beyond frustrating.

49ers will be fine, just some adversity and I have total faith we shall right the ship.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Giving up 600+ yards to multiple opponents. That's what stings. The defense is soooo bad. The offensive line has fallen apart too. As much as I hate to say it, the Eagles look really good right now with Nick Foles.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1384294974' post='8139332']
[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1384289811' post='8138908']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was curious about that. I was somewhat keeping up with it on my phone and it seemed as if he was rather effective throughout the game.

As bad as that was Bubba, just be glad you aren't a Cowboys fan!
[/quote]

haha yeah I watched the game and was thinking the same thing as the 40k at the stadium. I also was wondering why they ran Kendall Hunter on the 1 yard after Gore had so effectively drove them down the field early in that game. SF ends up settling for a FG that drive.

Hey question about a trade while approaching the deadline today.

Lynch for Lacy and Garcon?

I'm on the cusp of making the playoffs so having a RB not on bye this week would be nice as my other two RBs are Woodhead and Ogbonnaya (Sproles on bench) and just feels kinda weak. I think Lacy is a top 10-15 RB and Garcon has upside over the WR he'd be replacing (Nicks), but not sure I'm getting full Lynch value out of this.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

[quote name='J-Tizzle' timestamp='1384963203' post='8177758']

I'm on the cusp of making the playoffs so having a RB not on bye this week would be nice as my other two RBs are Woodhead and Ogbonnaya (Sproles on bench) and just feels kinda weak. I think Lacy is a top 10-15 RB and Garcon has upside over the WR he'd be replacing (Nicks), but not sure I'm getting full Lynch value out of this.
[/quote]

This late in the season, I am not sure you have much of a choice. IF you really need a W to make the playoffs, then I would make the deal. Woodhead is solid play, Ogbonnaya is really not much of a play and Sproles has been pretty ineffective for most of the year. Lacy is certainly a downgrade from Lynch. You are going from maybe the #2 or #3 RB this year to a guy around #10. But, Garcon is a huge upgrade over Nicks. If you are in a must win situation to make the playoffs, I think you almost have to make the deal. If you have wiggle room to lose a game, then I wouldn't make the deal.

We had a similar move last week in our league where the guy with Lynch had to win out. He traded Lynch for Joique Bell and Reggie Bush (there were some other parts in the deal as well).

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1384964461' post='8177882']
[quote name='J-Tizzle' timestamp='1384963203' post='8177758']

[/quote]

This late in the season, I am not sure you have much of a choice. IF you really need a W to make the playoffs, then I would make the deal. Woodhead is solid play, Ogbonnaya is really not much of a play and Sproles has been pretty ineffective for most of the year. Lacy is certainly a downgrade from Lynch. You are going from maybe the #2 or #3 RB this year to a guy around #10. But, Garcon is a huge upgrade over Nicks. If you are in a must win situation to make the playoffs, I think you almost have to make the deal. If you have wiggle room to lose a game, then I wouldn't make the deal.

We had a similar move last week in our league where the guy with Lynch had to win out. He traded Lynch for Joique Bell and Reggie Bush (there were some other parts in the deal as well).
[/quote]

I'm really thinking I don't have an extra loss in there to play with. We are doing a 14-week league so I've got 3 left. I'm also thinking that Lynch will start sitting here before too long with Seattle pretty much rampaging their way to the playoffs already and with Green Bay in a race they'll continue to use Lacy a lot.

Normally Nicks is on the bench, but with Jackson and Lynch both on byes I've gotta move Woodhead from flex up and that gives the call to Nicks. I wouldn't mind putting Lacy and Garcon in the line up this week for sure...

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22