TheBoomer WITB Update 01/06/17

TheBoomer TheBoomer Members Posts: 3,373 ✭✭
Alright, finally got around to taking some pictures and hopefully will add more as time goes on.

First off, collecting putters is a hobby and a passion to see whats out there. I have fell in love the Newport/Anser style head as you can see.

To get something off my chest the 009 IMO is the best shape head ever created. I feel as if someone has taken a corvette (ping putter) and modified it and made it so much better which is now known as the 009 (Ferrari) Only MY opinion though. I do believe that the 009 is priced very stupid. But since you can't really lose money on them, its not a bad buy.

Titleist StaDry Stand Bag: Don't really like because it makes the grips very moist and slick.

Ping Hoofer New Model and Vantage are probably the best stand bags ever made.

Driver:

Taylor Made SLDR 10.5*

Accra Tour Z

Z-Cord Ribbed Grip

Fairway wood:

Callaway X-Hot (Regular Model) 15*

Miyazaki Blue

Z-Cord Ribbed

Hybrid:

Adams Super LS Idea 19*

Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85x

Z-Cord Ribbed Grip

Irons:

Epon AF-302 3-PW

Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S300

Pure Cord Grips

Epon AF-302 3-PW

Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Black Widow Spider Grips

Miura CB501 4-PW

Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue

IOMIC Ribbed Sticky

Mizuno MP-32's 4-PW

Dynamic Gold S300

GP TV Ribbed

Wedges:

Scratch Custom 53*

Scratch Custom 58*

Epon 52*

Epon 58*

Miura 54*

David Whitlam 52*

David Whitlam 58*

Putters:

Scotty Cameron 009 330g.

Scotty Cameron 009 350 NAKED

Scotty Cameron 009 350 Platinum

Scotty Cameron 009 350 3x Oil Can

Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 340g.

Scotty Cameron T10 ButtonBack II Circle T 360g.

Scotty Cameron GoLo Mini DB5

Odyssey Prototype #1 350

Odyssey Prototype #1 330

Odyssey Tri Hot IX #3 Japan

Odyssey Rossie Original

Byron Morgan DH89 345

Bettinardi BB54 Prototype 1 of 1

Ping O Blade

Rife Antigua Tour Issue Flow Neck

Post edited by Unknown User on
Something Rare
Something JDM
WITB Link
Tagged:

Comments

• BluePrints2BluePrints2 Get in tune with that ISLAND TIME Members Posts: 630
    Nice bag! love the irons and the putters. Especially that oilcan 009 and the byron.
    Titleist 913 d2 Oban Devotion 04
    TEE XCG6 15* Speeder vc6.0 Stiff
    Titleist 909f2 18.5, Mizuno Fli-Hi 21*
    Titleist AP2 712 4-PW Project X 5.5
    Titleist Vokey TVD 54M & 60M S400
    Scotty cameron TEi3 Newpot custom
  • hamptons fadehamptons fade ClubWRX Posts: 98 ClubWRX
    Good looking Byron! The 009's aren't that bad either. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • sleepy_augustosleepy_augusto Members Posts: 942
    How do you pick what to play? It has to be like picking which Ferrari to drive.

Thanks for sharing
  • Zach HeusserZach Heusser Marshals Posts: 5,151 mod
    Thanks for sharing your awesome collection!
    Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur University <br /><br />My WITB<br /><br /><br /><br />http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/<br />@Zheusser on twitter
  • ksavy17ksavy17 Members Posts: 2,624 ✭✭
    that daamn 009 is my dream putter
    ST 190G 9* w/Tensei Orange 70X
    Rogue 15* w/EF Blue 75X
    P790 17* w/KK Black 80X
    V6 Tour CB/MB 3-PW w/PX 6.5
    SM7 48F*/54M*/60M* w/DG Onyx S400
    Spider Tour Black
    TP5x
  • tyrotyro Members Posts: 2,604 ✭✭
    Yowza! Nice bag and nice putters!
  • TheBoomer TheBoomer Members Posts: 3,373 ✭✭
    Thanks,

The platinum 009 might be on market very soon after today's round.

mB
    Something Rare
    Something JDM
    WITB Link
  • HaaankHaaank One-Putt-Par Members Posts: 96
    LOVE the putter collection... Offset blades are great, I play one (circa 62 # 3) and can't see myself switching anytime soon, but I can't believe you have 5 of them and not a single Odyssey 2-ball! image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />

Ping G driver, stock whatever stiff it comes with. Been crushing it long & straight recently (i.e., 255 and only a 20 yard hook)
    913F 15*, DIamana kaI'LI 75 S
    19* 913H
    Ping S56 4-PW
    Vokey 52.07, illegal cleveland 55.10; vokey 59.07;
    old rusty scotty blade something-or-other
    Glove on left hand.
  • See The LineSee The Line Mixed Bag of Tricks Members Posts: 589
    Can I borrow a towel to wipe my drool? Haha very nice
    Titleist 913 D3 10.5*
    Adams Super XTD 19*
    Mizuno H4 21*
    Taylormade TP MB 4-PW
    Bettinardi Kuchar 1 - 35"
    Titleist Vokey 54, 58, 62*
    Miura Limited Edition Blades are on the way !!!!

Will post pics when they arrive.
    Something Rare
    Something JDM
    WITB Link
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,597 ✭✭
    No super peenings? Bought a set off the BST, thanks for conforming size for me on the 302's. Lemme know if you want to put my recoils through a session before I pull them, that was an expensive trial!

You game the 009's? Put some kind of tape on the bottom? I know you said you can't really lose money on them, over a season I'd think a couple minor imperfections would be inevitable(if you play a lot). I'd be too scared I think to put it in play.

Last question, see much forgiveness difference between the 501 and 302? The 501 can be had pretty cheap right now but I've read some posts about terrible MOI #s or something.
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
    swizbeatz wrote:

No super peenings? Bought a set off the BST, thanks for conforming size for me on the 302's. Lemme know if you want to put my recoils through a session before I pull them, that was an expensive trial!

You game the 009's? Put some kind of tape on the bottom? I know you said you can't really lose money on them, over a season I'd think a couple minor imperfections would be inevitable(if you play a lot). I'd be too scared I think to put it in play.

Last question, see much forgiveness difference between the 501 and 302? The 501 can be had pretty cheap right now but I've read some posts about terrible MOI #s or something.

The SP Orange will be my gamers (if the recoils don't pan out) Ive always resort to them every year.

I can't use any "ghost" tape on the putter. It just seems to slide while im putting. The oil can 009 isn't going anywhere.

The platinum is for sale and just testing the market. I just love that I can play it and not worry about it rusting.

If it doesn't sell ill reshaft it to 34"

I've shot my lowest scores with the Miura 501s and I've hit the most pure longest iron shots with the epons.

Feel is subjective so in my opinion the epons work better for me from their cavity to their leading edge grind.

The 501s are not as forgiving as people think and the grind just digs too much for me.

Epon shots feel very pure and solid.

Miura shots, you feel the ball compressing.

Epons are a lot more forgiving and a lot longer for ME.

I switch monthly between the two during the season though so it doesnt matter.
    Something Rare
    Something JDM
    WITB Link
    I will most likely shaft up these Miuras with some Steelfiber shafts.

mB
    Something Rare
    Something JDM
    WITB Link
  • Nelly32Nelly32 Members Posts: 843 ✭✭
    Those Circle T's look beautiful. Great collection
  • 300Drive300Drive Members Posts: 56
    Boomer, in the market for a solid fwy shaft, mid launch with some feel, (ss driver 108), how does the Miyazaki Blue set up for you? Where there other shafts that you almost pulled the trigger on well? Thanks.
  • mharffmharff Members Posts: 1
    Hey Boomer could you post a pic of the bottom of the 3 iron on the Miura tournament black blades ? I bought a set on ebay and I am suspicious of them be a knock off.
  • SkilletSkillet Never Par Members Posts: 784
    I suddenly don't feel so bad for all the equipment I have laying around! Very very nice collection you have there. Alot to be proud of and enjoy. Thanks for the post. I love seeing other's folk's gear. Hit em well..... All of em!
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Today's Junk...[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Epic Subzero: [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Grandura 510[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Woods:[/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif] Callaway Epic: [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Kiyoshi Purple[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Irons: [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Japan Legacy Forged[/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]: [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Recoil Proto[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Wedges: [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MD PM Grind[/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]: [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Recoil Proto[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Putter: [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Black Lab BL-1: [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Fuji Ferrari[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Bag: [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]BMW Motorsports Caddy Bag[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Ball: [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Chromesoft[/font]
  • Robby_HugheyRobby_Hughey Members Posts: 142
    Sick putters. And good to see a fellow Michigander.
  • Ed SettleEd Settle #InsideTMAG ClubWRX Posts: 6,046 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 6, 2013 #20
    Great collection, Boomer! Maybe too nice!! Haha Some of those should not be hit, too good looking for that! Thanks for the pictures.
    Twitter: @Ed_Settle

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Graphite Design VR-6X
    Fairway 3w: TaylorMade M5 Ti 3/15* GD GP-6X 
    Driving Iron: TM P-790 4/23* KBS Proto Hyb 85S
    Irons: New Level 4-PW Nippon Modus 105 S
    Wedges: New Level 50/52/Callaway Custom 60 WB Grind Modus 115 Wedge 
    Putter: Something new from Toulon Design
    Ball: Callaway ERC Soft/Callaway CSX Triple Track
    Bag: Vessel Black 14 way carry

My WITB
    edited Dec 6, 2013 #21
    2659edward wrote:

Great collection, Boomer! Maybe too nice!! Haha Some of those should not be hit, too good looking for that! Thanks for the pictures.

Hopefully I'll get to add some really nice custom stuff ........ Very soon

image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Something Rare
    Something JDM
    WITB Link
  • Ed SettleEd Settle #InsideTMAG ClubWRX Posts: 6,046 ClubWRX

2659edward wrote:

Hopefully I'll get to add some really nice custom stuff ........ Very soon

image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Kid in a candy store for sure!! image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    Twitter: @Ed_Settle

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Graphite Design VR-6X
    Fairway 3w: TaylorMade M5 Ti 3/15* GD GP-6X 
    Driving Iron: TM P-790 4/23* KBS Proto Hyb 85S
    Irons: New Level 4-PW Nippon Modus 105 S
    Wedges: New Level 50/52/Callaway Custom 60 WB Grind Modus 115 Wedge 
    Putter: Something new from Toulon Design
    Ball: Callaway ERC Soft/Callaway CSX Triple Track
    Bag: Vessel Black 14 way carry

My WITB
  • NYCgolfer17NYCgolfer17 Members Posts: 1,594 ✭✭
    2 sets of 302's???? Have you hit the 502's? I am thinking about trading or selling my 502's and getting 302's.
    G400 LST -Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    G25 3W - Ping tour X-Flex
    G30 5W - Ping Tour X
    MP 5 - TI X100
    Vokey 50/54/58
    DJ Spider Ltd

2 sets of 302's???? Have you hit the 502's? I am thinking about trading or selling my 502's and getting 302's.

Didn't like the 502s as much as I love the 302s.

503's were really good and I just put in a order for the New Epon IRONS
    Something Rare
    Something JDM
    WITB Link
  • Doc420Doc420 Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭
    I assume that you have hit Scratch Ar1's before? If you have could you compare them to your epon's , they look very similar to me.
  • bryanwmilburnbryanwmilburn Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭
    How do you find out the price of EPON irons? I went on the website and couldn't find prices.
    Everything in my bag has imploded.
  • NYCgolfer17NYCgolfer17 Members Posts: 1,594 ✭✭

How do you find out the price of EPON irons? I went on the website and couldn't find prices.

They run about $350/club depending on shaft
    G400 LST -Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    G25 3W - Ping tour X-Flex
    G30 5W - Ping Tour X
    MP 5 - TI X100
    Vokey 50/54/58
    DJ Spider Ltd
    The EPON price is pretty close.

Pure Impact Golf Studio in Commerce Michigan can help you out better.

My current "Gamer Iron Set" is the Miura CB501 Super Peening Orange
    Something Rare
    Something JDM
    WITB Link
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Play Golf With Him The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,616 ClubWRX
    Beautiful collection!!

THe 32's & the Miura blades are on another level image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Have a great season

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

Richard

image/miz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':miz:' />
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • SidetrackedSidetracked Inland Empire, CAMembers Posts: 1,950 ✭✭
    When you say you don't like the Titleist Stadry bag because it makes your grips wet, does that only happen when it rains? How are the zippers on the bag? I'm thinking about getting one of these bags because I like the color combinations.
  • bryanwmilburnbryanwmilburn Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭

They run about $350/club depending on shaft

Yikes! Out of my price range lol awesome collection though man!
    Everything in my bag has imploded.