Coach's WITB

Jaygolf37Jaygolf37 All Go. No Quit.Members Posts: 646 ✭✭
Comments, questions, and suggestions will all be heard...have a great day!
LTD Black w/ Rogue
BioCell 3W w/ Aldila Tour Green ATX65
F9 Speedback 3 Hybrid w/ Atmos
JPX Forged EZ w/ KBS 115’s
 Callaway Wedges
Taylormade Black Spider Tour or Odyssey Black Tour Design #4
...all subject to “adjustment” per WRX societal norms...

Comments

• llamontllamont Members Posts: 1,823 ✭✭
    "Well, we're waiting..." I'm digging your avatar! As for your bag, it seems legit to me. How are the Reid Lokhart wedges? I haven't seen much RL equipment around in recent times. Nice bag!
    I love golf
  • Jaygolf37Jaygolf37 All Go. No Quit. Members Posts: 646 ✭✭
    Gambling at Bushwood is illegal sir, and I never slice...

I am really happy with their performance. Great forged feel on the sweet spot. The soles are what separate them. They have really simplified my short game. Thanks for the complement.
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
  • kblaheykblahey Kevbot Members Posts: 205 ✭✭
    How are the cobra fw and hybrid? Looking at getting them..........
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 80 S
    Taylormade M2 16.5 HL Reax S
    Titleist 816 H1 21 Hybrid Mitsubishi Diamana S
    TaylorMade MC 2014 4-PW KBS Tour S
    Titleist SM6 Vokey 50 DGS400
    Titleist SM5 Vokey 54, 58 DGS400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 1.5 Prototype
    kblahey wrote:

How are the cobra fw and hybrid? Looking at getting them..........

Many have tried to explain the feel of those hybrids, to no avail. I just smoke it. The lie doesn't seem to matter, if that makes sense. Very versatile and hot. I feel that it and the RazrX Pro are as consistent a hybrid as there is in terms of ball flight and distance. The Cobra is a bit more versatile. The 3wood is great because I can lower the loft and use it off the tee on shorter courses, and increase the loft for longer courses when I need to hit to certain distances. He that helps.
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,213 ✭✭
    How do you like the Amp Cell driver?
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
    edited May 27, 2014 #7
    Update to my bag:

New: Cobra BioCell Driver upgraded with Matrix Black Tie and cut to 45 inches. As others have stated on other forums...IT IS A CANNON.

Replaced the Cobra Amp Cell

New: Cobra Amp Cell 3-4 FW with Stock Fuel shaft at 42.5 inches...Blue...just to match Driver

Replaced Red FW

New: Titleist 909H hybrids (21 & 24) with upgraded Proto ByYou 80-S shafts. These were brand new...A club pro's pair that he never hit. I loved the one I had a couple of years ago. Bought them and dropped the shafts in. I love them because they are a true iron replacement for me. Far more consistent than the Amp Cell they replaced. The upgraded shaft has handled the lefts that some said they had with them.

Replaced Amp Cell 3-4 Hybrid and Callaway Razr Tour 4 Hybrid

New: Mizuno MP-52's with TTDGS300. These were a display set at a golf course in Springfield, MO. They had never been hit! I put the DGS300 shafts in to bring the ball-flight down and they are absolute butter now.

Replaced Cleveland TA7-TOUR

New: Reshafted the wedges with old Penley iMS graphite in a 6.0 flex. I LOVE the feel ans spin I get off of them. Swingweights blended right into my irons as well.

New: Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs Wide 1. 34.25 inches with a Winn Prox 1.18 grip. Not as soft feeling, but I am more consistent with this putter, always have been. I just rotate it out every now and then.

Replaced Sizemore blade.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
  • calc61calc61 Army Veteran 1980-1984 Members Posts: 2,939
    Great bag!! I like the look of the amp cell fw.Almost bought one yesterday.Hopefully soon.
    Haven't played in over 2 years.
    Still dealing with bladder cancer.I'm in the hands of the VA now.
    edited Jun 2, 2014 #9
    calc61 wrote:

Great bag!! I like the look of the amp cell fw.Almost bought one yesterday.Hopefully soon.

Thanks. Just bought a Bio Cell 3 wood, and swapped the Lockharts for a 54 / 58 wedge setup. I will post pics tonight.

The Bio Cell is a lot longer. I had to dial mine to 15.5 because it was scary long at 13.5. The Amp Cell was a great fairway, though.
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
    edited Jul 1, 2014 #10
    Update on my bag...with lots-o-pics...

Driver: Cobra BioCell - Matrix Black Tie (S) - 44.75 inches

3W: Cobra BioCell - Matrix Black Tie (S) - 42.5 inches

Hybrid/5W: Cleveland Origional Mashie 20.5 - Stock (S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-52 - 4-PW Traditional Lofts - TTDGS300

W1: Titleist Vokey 254.10 - S400

W2: Nike VR Pro DS - 58 - S400

All grips are Lamkin 3Gen in different colors

Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs 1 Wide - 34 - WinnPro 1.18

Ball: Bridgestone E5

Bag: OGIO GROM

A little paint-fill color here and there, but nothing crazy. Other than the line on top of the Mashie (helps w alignment). Lime Green seems to show up on each club.

I have played the E5 ball since it came out. I am very comfortable with its performance on approach shots, as well as around the green.

LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
    edited Oct 29, 2014 #11
    Welll...I've had a little turnover in my bag this season thanks to WRX. In fact, I think the bag and the putter are the only things that have survived.

LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
    edited Feb 28, 2015 #12
    Bag set for the spring...I think. It is important to put the money amount down because I like to brag about how little I spent to update. Or back-date, depending on how you look at it.

Out are the Mizzy Experiments MX-950, and in are a sweet find that posted in equip forum. KING Cobra Forged SS (3-pw, 50, & 55) with TTDG Sensicores. Folks, they are a SOFT forging...13 years old...and in rediculous shape.

$55 total for irons and new GP Tour velvet grips +1 wrap. Awesome.

LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
    Pics of the matching wedges...

LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
    edited Feb 27, 2015 #14
    Out is the blue monster Bio Cell...and replaced with the silver crown Bio Cell. I also sold the Black Tie shaft and went with a Red Tie from the BioCell+. My launch numbers are much more consistent. I hit the occasional knuckleball with the Black Tie, and I feel the kick better in this one. Distance is almost identical.

$20 total. Shaft was an even swap. Head was 20 because it was in better condition...as in it had not been hit.

LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
    Also constructed a counterbalanced putter from a Ping Craz-E G2i. I have always loved how the putter sat behind a ball in regards to alignment. I figured if I were to be more SBST, then a counterbalanced version of this would work. I put a graphite shaft extension that was melted on one end. Filled it with a mix of sand and tungsten powder to appx. 55g. And then slapped on a Winn CB grip. $22 invested. It is money...lol.

LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
    And, for $22.99, I picked up a 22-degree IDEA Superhybrid...the non-ti version, but shafted up with the Fubuki AX from the XTD version. It fills the yardage gap perfectly.

LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,286 ✭✭
    I noticed with all the changes the V-Steel is still in the bag. I am a big V-Steel fan currently carry a 7 and 9 wood in that
    BIG STU wrote:

I noticed with all the changes the V-Steel is still in the bag. I am a big V-Steel fan currently carry a 7 and 9 wood in that

That is a fact my good man. The best $15 I ever spent. It is a 4 wood with a GDesigns Purple Ice in it. I have hit FW woods that work great off a tee...and FW woods that work great off the deck. Very few are able to do both. You have a 9 wood in it? That is awesome, and I wood love to see a pic of it. Shoot one and post it in The Band of Brothers thread. How are the FC4000's?
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
  • MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,471 ✭✭
    Great pick-up on the Cobra SS Forged, very nice minimal offset forged cb with very functional sole grind.
    Taylormade r510tp 10.5* Fuji Evo TS 661
    Taylormade 300 tour 15* Fuji TS 8.0
    Taylormade V Steel 18* Purple Ice 85
    TEE CNC Ltd. Forged 3-pw s400
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Cameron 1996 Laguna
    Mitchell wrote:

Great pick-up on the Cobra SS Forged, very nice minimal offset forged cb with very functional sole grind.

Thank you. I can get my hands on some 962's too. They look sweet polished up...like on your avatar. Are those yours?
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
  • MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,471 ✭✭
    edited Feb 28, 2015 #21
    Jaygolf37 wrote:

Mitchell wrote:

Thank you. I can get my hands on some 962's too. They look sweet polished up...like on your avatar. Are those yours?
    Found pic here, I do have two sets of 962b and one set of 962, with 962b in the bag
    Taylormade r510tp 10.5* Fuji Evo TS 661
    Taylormade 300 tour 15* Fuji TS 8.0
    Taylormade V Steel 18* Purple Ice 85
    TEE CNC Ltd. Forged 3-pw s400
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Cameron 1996 Laguna
    Jaygolf37 wrote:

BIG STU wrote:

That is a fact my good man. The best $15 I ever spent. It is a 4 wood with a GDesigns Purple Ice in it. I have hit FW woods that work great off a tee...and FW woods that work great off the deck. Very few are able to do both. You have a 9 wood in it? That is awesome, and I wood love to see a pic of it. Shoot one and post it in The Band of Brothers thread. How are the FC4000's?
    I never knew the 9 wood existed either until a fellow WRXer mentioned it on here one night. I Pmed him and asked if he wanted to sell and he gave it to me. I ended up putting the same shaft I have in my 7 wood and 3 wood and gram weighting it the same as the 7 wood. Sorry I am not techinacally advanced to do pics yet. The old FCs are great they are my vintage set they have a history behind them because my Dad bought them new and played with them for years they even survived an auto accident in the 70s
    BIG STU wrote:

Jaygolf37 wrote:

BIG STU wrote:

I never knew the 9 wood existed either until a fellow WRXer mentioned it on here one night. I Pmed him and asked if he wanted to sell and he gave it to me. I ended up putting the same shaft I have in my 7 wood and 3 wood and gram weighting it the same as the 7 wood. Sorry I am not techinacally advanced to do pics yet. The old FCs are great they are my vintage set they have a history behind them because my Dad bought them new and played with them for years they even survived an auto accident in the 70s

That's crazy. Your irons are rare, but your 9-Wood may be the rarest on WRX. I would love to find one just to to say I had it...heck I'd game it just to say I had one too. Cool stuff.
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
    Jaygolf37 wrote:

BIG STU wrote:

Jaygolf37 wrote:

BIG STU wrote:

That's crazy. Your irons are rare, but your 9-Wood may be the rarest on WRX. I would love to find one just to to say I had it...heck I'd game it just to say I had one too. Cool stuff.
    My "modern" gamers are rare too you hardly see or hear of them even on WRX. They are Infiniti TS-10s which are a forged cavity back. Mine were custom ground at the factory and then custom built by a good friend of mine who is an Infiniti dealer. My driver is even "oddball' in the custom world. It is a 2012 Hathaway with a Nanoet Creation Tour Only shaft. All of my stuff combines odd according to the mainstream world. I have got to get pic capable and do both my WITBs
    edited Mar 4, 2015 #25
    Picked up a Superfast 2.0, and decided to pair it with a TP RIP Phenom 80. Yes, it is the Beer-can Shim-job club. 42.75 inches. Great weight. Can't wait to hit it. It will have to be stupid good for me to use it over the V-Steel though.

$36 total investment.

LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
    Burner experiment sold to a playing buddy. I wanted to try a new idea at the top of my bag...and I'm obviously not brand loyal, so I went to a product show at an outdoor range to test some fairways against the V-Steel and the 19 XTD. Here is how the top looks now:

LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
    edited Mar 23, 2015 #27
    Which leaves the bottom. I am sold on my Cobra Forged SS's. The set I found came with matching wedges up to 55 degrees. And though they are great, the Vokeys are just a bit more versatile. I did keep the 50 in the bag because it is tons better on full shots than the SM5 it replaced.

LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
    Found a SeeMore Corona Del Mar X4 Milled for less than $50. I'm diggin the balance of it.

LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
    I was taking a break in between AAU basketball games today and wandered into Golfsmith. Found these. Bought these. $83.00 for Ping BeNi ISI 2-SW2 with matching numbers. TTDGS300 shafts. Holy crap, what a find! Gonna clean them up and post more pics.
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
     Callaway Wedges
    edited Jul 23, 2016 #30
    Man o man you have been hitting the deals lately! That See More is one heck of a deal for $55

Edit; Was looking and this is an old thread I have done some changes since I originally posted. Went back to my "roots" so to speak and rebuilt my old Macgregor VIPs and put them back in the bag. I hit those long irons so good but the one fairway metal I carry now is still a V-Steel
  • ajschn06ajschn06 Banned Posts: 2,398
    I love those irons.... Wish more sets would come with sand and lob wedges- I'd do anything for a S and L to match my AP1's