Packers Vs. Cowboys (Spoiler Alert)

billyhandsomeface

What in God's name happened???!!!! What were those play calls near the end??!!! Why must we give up 450ish yards a game (one for every year Monte Kiffin has lived?)? I think the real question is; why am I still watching them after all these years? Jerry Jones may be great in the Oil and Gas business. He is even good at creating new eyesores. He is no GM. That realization is all I want for Christmas this year. Jerry Jones can let Jerry Jr or even Spalding be the GM.

I AM AN FBI AGENT!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team is so frustrating. I'm almost embarrassed to call myself a Cowboys fan. The defense is terrible and Romo is still making crucial mistakes when it matters.

Blame Kiffin, blame Romo, blame whoever you want.. At the end of the day though, it's all JJ. He's turned this once heralded franchise into the laughing stock of the NFL throughout the last 15 years or so.

But let's look at what really matters (in JJ's eyes). The franchise is worth 10x what it was when he bought it.

Who cares? They can't win.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

The funny thing is- neither favre nor Rodgers can beat Dallas on Dallas, but Flynn does.

And he holds single game packer passing and td records.

How is this guy so good at times, but can't play for the raiders or bills?

G430 LST 9* Ventus TR Black 6S

Darkspeed 15* 1K Pro White 70S

G430 19* LIN-Q TSPX Black 85H F4

Black Ops 22* AV White 85S
ZX5 MkII (5-P) Modus3 105X
MG4 50,54,58 Modus3 125S

Futura 5.5 Weld Neck by Slighter

It's funny, after the 1st half I tell my son, don't worry Romo will choke coming down the stretch, and (even though we are both Giants fans) he starts pulling out all these stats like Romo is the best come from behind 4th quarter QB, he has the highest 4th quarter point total, etc. After the game I had a blast giving him about a dozen I-told-you-so's. Why the hell did they keep passing when they were ahead with something like 3 min left???

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rX7wtNOkuHo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rX7wtNOkuHo[/url]

Granted Romo threw two very ill-timed interceptions BUT...

We shouldn't have been in that position for those interceptions to be so damaging in the first place. We need a defense that can show up for all four quarters and get the job done. When the offense puts up 30+ points the defense has to step up and do their job on their side of the ball and not let the other team score that many. Going into half time leading by over 20 points should be a guaranteed win (unless P. Manning sat out the first half and comes back in in the 3Q and starts lighting things up - dude can still play).

Sure there are a few issues with play calling on offense but at the end of the day without a defense winning games will always be difficult. We need guys that are going to have the energy to play hard for four quarters and do that all 16 games of the regular season. If by chance someone gets hurt there has to be somebody with skills to step up and replace them...

It is hard being a Cowboys fan after the last 2 games, but hopefully they'll get their act together for these next two games and win the division then ride that momentum past the first round of the playoffs...

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1387214847' post='8307889']
Stay classy dez...
[/quote]

Typical NFL WR these days. Such a shame. Why can't they all be like Calvin Johnson?

My unsolicited thoughts.

1. Most QBs put in the situations Romo has would fail miserably. Not to mention, he is the reason a lot of the time that they're even in the tight games.

2. Jesus Manning (along with half the QBs in the league) would have been sacked on the one play that resulted in an interception, alleviating him from liability.

3. There isn't a team in the league that wouldn't give their left one to have Dez Bryant suit up for them.

4. If I have to see the Tony Romo's Turnovers ad one more time, I'm going to come unglued. Do people realize he's only thrown 9 INTS in 14 games, better than 2/3 of the league including the afore mentioned Jesus Manning. And don't even get me started about his "clutch" brother Eli.

5. When a team that's ahead 23 points, averaging over 7 yards per rush in a first half only runs the ball 7 times in the second half, they deserve to lose. Same goes for a defense that allows 34 second half points to a team that hasn't scored more than 26 in a game for the last 6 weeks.

The problem as I see it is lack of leadership and management from the head coaching position. There is very little of either. A 14 year old playing Madden has better game management than Jason Garrett.

[quote name='dogfather526' timestamp='1387253379' post='8311093']
My unsolicited thoughts.

1. Most QBs put in the situations Romo has would fail miserably. Not to mention, he is the reason a lot of the time that they're even in the tight games.

2. Jesus Manning (along with half the QBs in the league) would have been sacked on the one play that resulted in an interception, alleviating him from liability.

3. There isn't a team in the league that wouldn't give their left one to have Dez Bryant suit up for them.

4. If I have to see the Tony Romo's Turnovers ad one more time, I'm going to come unglued. Do people realize he's only thrown 9 INTS in 14 games, better than 2/3 of the league including the afore mentioned Jesus Manning. And don't even get me started about his "clutch" brother Eli.

5. When a team that's ahead 23 points, averaging over 7 yards per rush in a first half only runs the ball 7 times in the second half, they deserve to lose. Same goes for a defense that allows 34 second half points to a team that hasn't scored more than 26 in a game for the last 6 weeks.

The problem as I see it is lack of leadership and management from the head coaching position. There is very little of either. A 14 year old playing Madden has better game management than Jason Garrett.
[/quote]

I don't necessarily disagree with any of that other than the dez Bryant notion...

Please. Keep him. Chicago has had its fair share of (yes) prima donna...

He wouldn't last a year up here...

[quote name='mattdavidgolf74' timestamp='1387164033' post='8305827']
We deserve better than this. Send Princeton Boy and his entire staff home. No more of the "Ginger". Where is Shea in Irving when we need him? I would of walked off the field earlier than Dez.......
[/quote]
haha, Shea in Irving. love the DP show. listen everyday.

But my Cowboys, :(

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

This loss had nothing to do with Romo and everything about the defense and coaching. When you go into half time with that lead, and you run the ball like 5 times in the second half....and your defense cant stop anything bad things will happen. Romo and the offense put up 30+ points and jumped to a giant lead. He wasnt the one who couldnt stop anything.

Romo deserves his share of the blame in instances, but this wasnt one of them imo. All those people crushing Dez and calling him classless etc.....Ill take that "classless" player all day....guy is a beast and a top 5 wr easy, and hell Id be pissed off too.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1387274738' post='8311701']
This loss had nothing to do with Romo and everything about the defense and coaching. When you go into half time with that lead, and you run the ball like 5 times in the second half....and your defense cant stop anything bad things will happen. Romo and the offense put up 30+ points and jumped to a giant lead. He wasnt the one who couldnt stop anything.

Romo deserves his share of the blame in instances, but this wasnt one of them imo. All those people crushing Dez and calling him classless etc.....Ill take that "classless" player all day....guy is a beast and a top 5 wr easy, and hell Id be pissed off too.
[/quote]

I don't see any reason to get in Romo- he's played well. But to suggest he's completely blameless is a bit of stretch...

I couldn't disagree more about DB though. I hardly think he resides in the top five (to be honest, not sure he's in the top ten) and his petulant little child act is rather pathetic. You don't think everyone on that squad was pissed? You play as a team, win as one, lose as one. If this was his first time throwing a tantrum then hell yes, he gets a pass. But it ain't. Between the childish antics, getting in teammates grills during games and yes, the dropped passes, who the hell wants em? On top of which is the 24 hour babysitting thing. I mean really, wtf is that?? Guys the description I suppose...

Dude is a straight up cancer and the only way he learns is for folks to stop suggesting that his crybaby act is just him being "passionate" . What a joke...

Dallas can keep him. It's like a three ring freaking circus..

Every guy on a team that collapses a lead like that could share some blame.....but when I see a team vomit away a lead like that I look mainly on one side of the ball. To be up that large, and put up that many points and lose....speaks mainly to one side. Dallas D is non existent, and for the amount of names and talent on that team.....it shouldnt be.

Id venture to guess there would be 31 other teams lining up to claim Dez, so saying who wants him doesnt quite make sense. Guy has some attitude issues now and again, but he backs it up on the field and some of the better WRs in recent history have had similar attitude issues. Winning and losing as a team happens, but trust me when your defense or offense cant do their job and keeps squandering your wins and good performances.....I think most players would be upset about it. Wouldnt all show it that way, but the feeling is there.

I dont think hes a cancer at all, and I would bet that his team mates stand by him and dont think he is either. Cancer is a very strong word....diva tendencies, for sure....team cancer? Nah. Id be really curious to see who is in your top 10 wrs.....if you dont even have dez in there. If Im building a team around a young WR right now, it would either be Dez, Aj Green orJosh Gordon.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1387309106' post='8313849']
[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1387274738' post='8311701']

[/quote]

I don't see any reason to get in Romo- he's played well. But to suggest he's completely blameless is a bit of stretch...

I couldn't disagree more about DB though. I hardly think he resides in the top five (to be honest, not sure he's in the top ten) and his petulant little child act is rather pathetic. You don't think everyone on that squad was pissed? You play as a team, win as one, lose as one. If this was his first time throwing a tantrum then hell yes, he gets a pass. But it ain't. Between the childish antics, getting in teammates grills during games and yes, the dropped passes, who the hell wants em? On top of which is the 24 hour babysitting thing. I mean really, wtf is that?? Guys the description I suppose...

Dude is a straight up cancer and the only way he learns is for folks to stop suggesting that his crybaby act is just him being "passionate" . What a joke...

Dallas can keep him. It's like a three ring freaking circus..
[/quote]

I'd argue that he's probably a top 5 WR, but I'm admittedly a bit biased because I'm a cowboys fan.

Of all the WR's in the league, only Calvin Johnson has more TD's than him. If you throw it up to him near the goal line, more often than not he's going to come down with it. He's only 15th in the league in yards, which is down from last season, but several of the guys ahead of him have 20+ more targets this year. The emergence of Terrence Williams in combination with the always consistent Jason Witten kills him in that category, but he more than makes up for it with TD's IMO.

And speaking of cancers, let us not forget Brandon Marshall early in his career. Dez still has plenty of time to grow up, as it seems Brandon Marshall has.

My unsolicited thoughts.

[/quote]

I love people who don't know a thing of what they're talking about act like they're experts. Based on your comments I can tell that you're certainly not involved with any team, or know much about the nuances of football on the professional level when it comes to play calling and game situations. I'm no expert either, but there's a few things I should point out to you regarding your comments above.

For point 2, when saying that Manning would have been sacked on that play - that's entirely wrong. First of all, Manning would be aware of that defender rushing off the edge, and the blocking scheme that was called; therefore knowing that if he decided to go all hero in that situation, (throwing a pass that ended up being an int. instead of the intended run play that was called) that he would need to contend with that rusher, or make some change in order to deal with him.
For point 5, do you realize that the defense Romo was playing against was selling out to stop the run in the 2nd half. Do you know many run plays were actually called, and then later changed by Romo like the play you reference in point 2? You can't make a baseless statement like this without any sort of credible evidence to what you say.

[quote name='F171615' timestamp='1387318861' post='8314647']

I love people who don't know a thing of what they're talking about act like they're experts. Based on your comments I can tell that you're certainly not involved with any team, or know much about the nuances of football on the professional level when it comes to play calling and game situations. I'm no expert either, but there's a few things I should point out to you regarding your comments above.
[b]
For point 2, when saying that Manning would have been sacked on that play - that's entirely wrong. First of all, Manning would be aware of that defender rushing off the edge, and the blocking scheme that was called; therefore knowing that if he decided to go all hero in that situation, (throwing a pass that ended up being an int. instead of the intended run play that was called) that he would need to contend with that rusher, or make some change in order to deal with him.[/b]
For point 5, do you realize that the defense Romo was playing against was selling out to stop the run in the 2nd half. [b]Do you know many run plays were actually called, and then later changed by Romo like the play you reference in point 2?[/b] You can't make a baseless statement like this without any sort of credible evidence to what you say.
[/quote]

You have no way of knowing either of those.. Just saying. We know he audibled out of 1.. That's it..

TMQ mentioned it today, i didn't know the exact stats 'cause i didn't watch the full game, but pretty crazy that once they went up 26-3 , i think something like 25 of their next 31 play calls were passes, despite averaging 7 yards a carry for the game against a poor run defense. I mean that's pretty horrible

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1387328081' post='8315413']
TMQ mentioned it today, i didn't know the exact stats 'cause i didn't watch the full game, but pretty crazy that once they went up 26-3 , i think something like 25 of their next 31 play calls were passes, despite averaging 7 yards a carry for the game against a poor run defense. I mean that's pretty horrible
[/quote]

Its really unfathomable to playcall like that. Makes absolutely no sense, I also believe that the Cowboys called more pass plays in the second half than the Packers......yes, they threw it more than the team that was behind by more than 3 scores.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='F171615' timestamp='1387318861' post='8314647']
My unsolicited thoughts.

[/quote]

I love people who don't know a thing of what they're talking about act like they're experts. Based on your comments I can tell that you're certainly [b]not involved with any team[/b], or know much about the nuances of football on the professional level when it comes to play calling and game situations. I'm no expert either, but there's a few things I should point out to you regarding your comments above.

For point 2, when saying that Manning would have been sacked on that play - that's entirely wrong. First of all, Manning would be aware of that defender rushing off the edge, and the blocking scheme that was called; therefore knowing that if he decided to go all hero in that situation, (throwing a pass that ended up being an int. instead of the intended run play that was called) that he would need to contend with that rusher, or make some change in order to deal with him.
For point 5, do you realize that the defense Romo was playing against was [b]selling out to stop the run[/b] in the 2nd half. Do you know many run plays were actually called, and then later changed by Romo like the play you reference in point 2? You can't make a baseless statement like this without any sort of [b]credible evidence[/b] to what you say.
[/quote]

I don't understand what you mean by "not involved with any team".

When I said Manning would have been sacked, I simply meant that he would not have the physical agility to escape the free rusher.

How would anyone know the defense was selling out to stop the run in the second half, there were only 7 running plays.

In his post game press conference, Garrett referenced the last INT was a run play changed to a pass, but then later it was stated, by Garrett, that it was a run/pass option that always would be changed to a pass in that situation. Wasn't that actually your counter point to my play calling complaint? (This is also more evidence of Garrett's lack of leadership, passing blame)

What kind of "credible evidence" could any of us actually have?

My main frustration is simply that the true cause of the Cowboys' recent implosions are not due to the play of Romo alone, rather the record setting poor performance by the defense, and poor game management & leadership by Jason Garrett.