Any other coffee lovers here?

Comments

• Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Members Posts: 1,597 ✭✭

I have a Wolf built in and the thing is incredible. One of the best cups I've ever had and it's ready in under 5 mins.

[media=]

VERY interesting but overkill right now. Kitchen remodel looming so this options in play at that time.
    Taylormade M1
    TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
    tuckman wrote:

Bob Cat wrote:

RED ALERT!!!

My beloved Cuisinart has bit the dust and I need a new auto-drip coffee maker, stat!

Same one's on sale for $45 BUT my wife REALLY wants one with a SS reservoir. Not easy to find.

I just want to fill it and hit the go button.

Anyone?

https://www.amazon.c...VsSL&ref=plSrch

I have a similar bunn except with the glass carafe and it is fantastic. Makes a full pot in 3 minutes. Yesterday I checked the water coming into the filter basket and the first drop was at 201 degrees. Perfect.

We've had a Bunn and they're certainly good. I was looking at their Speed Brew CSB2B which is the only home model on their website that specifically states it has a SS tank. I have an email in with them to verify.

https://homecatalog.bunn.com/product/Home-Catalog-US/BREWERS/MULTI-CUP/52700.0002

Saturday morning java and WRX time right now and I'm jonesing.
    Taylormade M1
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,267 ✭✭
    Bob Cat wrote:

I have a Wolf built in and the thing is incredible. One of the best cups I've ever had and it's ready in under 5 mins.

[media=]

VERY interesting but overkill right now. Kitchen remodel looming so this options in play at that time.

Gets used daily in my house.
  • WrigglesWriggles Members Posts: 3,208 ✭✭
    My sister in law just gave me a neat little device called a "Clever Coffee Capsule." It's a green plastic thing, made to fit inside a Keurig, like a Kcup. You put your own coffee in it. Reusable, I think she got it at Big Lots.

I previously fashioned my own by cutting up a used Kcup.

Chalk one up for browsing in stores.
    Bob Cat wrote:

tuckman wrote:

Bob Cat wrote:

RED ALERT!!!

My beloved Cuisinart has bit the dust and I need a new auto-drip coffee maker, stat!

Same one's on sale for $45 BUT my wife REALLY wants one with a SS reservoir. Not easy to find.

Anyone?

I have a similar bunn except with the glass carafe and it is fantastic. Makes a full pot in 3 minutes. Yesterday I checked the water coming into the filter basket and the first drop was at 201 degrees. Perfect.

We've had a Bunn and they're certainly good. I was looking at their Speed Brew CSB2B which is the only home model on their website that specifically states it has a SS tank. I have an email in with them to verify.

https://homecatalog....-CUP/52700.0002

I don't have the patience to press or pour over manually so after some investigating I found that the BUNN Speed Brew line has a SS tank and the rest of the parts are BPA free. The hunt is over - thank God.

Auto burr grinder is next.
    Taylormade M1
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • driverwedgedriverwedge If you swing hard and miss, it hurts a bit. Members Posts: 3,857 ✭✭
    Bob Cat wrote:

Bob Cat wrote:

tuckman wrote:

Bob Cat wrote:

RED ALERT!!!

Anyone?

https://homecatalog....-CUP/52700.0002

I don't have the patience to press or pour over manually so after some investigating I found that the BUNN Speed Brew line has a SS tank and the rest of the parts are BPA free. The hunt is over - thank God.

Auto burr grinder is next.

Auto Burr and drip. Steel mesh basket to let some oil through.

https://www.brevilleusa.com/collections/coffee-makers/products/the-grind-control?variant=33178484881
    Adams 9064LS 8.5*/ Aldila CINNAMON 65-X
    Adams Super LS Black 18*/ Redboard 83x/ Blueboard 83xION
    Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x Or
    Adams Super LSP Black 23*/ AxivRed 104x
    MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7
    MP T5 Black Ion 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny
    Tour Issue Drizzle Stick (In case it rains).
    All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+
    WITB Link
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,351 ✭✭
    tuckman wrote:
    Bob Cat wrote:

RED ALERT!!!

Anyone?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000FFRYYK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518835556&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=bunn+thermal&dpPl=1&dpID=418IIw5VsSL&ref=plSrch

I can’t recommend a Bunn enough. I have a BXB VelocityBrew (also with a glass carafe) and I love it! My wife just got me a Capresso Infinity burr grinder to go with it (my cheap burr grinder bit the dust after about 4 years, and the bald grinder I bought as interim sucked).

The Bunn coffee makers like mine and the one pictured keep the reservoir full of perfect temp water. When you pour the water in like you would for any other drip coffee maker, it displaces the hot water and the already hot water makes the coffee. No waiting for the water to heat up and drip at a snails pace. I fill the pot to the 6 cup line (10 cup pot) and it brews in under 2 minutes.
    bigred90gt wrote:

tuckman wrote:
    Bob Cat wrote:

RED ALERT!!!

Anyone?

I can’t recommend a Bunn enough. I have a BXB VelocityBrew (also with a glass carafe) and I love it! My wife just got me a Capresso Infinity burr grinder to go with it (my cheap burr grinder bit the dust after about 4 years, and the bald grinder I bought as interim sucked).

The Bunn coffee makers like mine and the one pictured keep the reservoir full of perfect temp water. When you pour the water in like you would for any other drip coffee maker, it displaces the hot water and the already hot water makes the coffee. No waiting for the water to heat up and drip at a snails pace. I fill the pot to the 6 cup line (10 cup pot) and it brews in under 2 minutes.

Do you have a reusable coffee filter? Trying to find one but the Bunn filter baskets are pretty tall.
    Taylormade M1
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,351 ✭✭
    Bob Cat wrote:

bigred90gt wrote:

tuckman wrote:
    Bob Cat wrote:

RED ALERT!!!

Anyone?

[url="https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000FFRYYK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518835556&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=bunn+thermal&dpPl=1&dpID=418IIw5VsSL&ref=plSrch"]https://www.amazon.c...VsSL&ref=plSrch[/url]

Do you have a reusable coffee filter? Trying to find one but the Bunn filter baskets are pretty tall.

No, I just use paper filters. If I come across the Bunn brand filters I buy them since they are properly sized for the deep basket. Otherwise, I use regular 8-12 cup filters. I rarely make a full pot. I usually only fill to the 6 cup line. That gives me around 2-2.5 cups, depending on which cup I’m drinking out of. When I have to go to work, it’s the perfect amount for 1 cup at home and fills my yeti all the way for the road.
  • ronnbeeronnbee Members Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    Brooklyn roasting co
  • bladehunterbladehunter Rain rain go the hell away ! south carolinaMembers Posts: 26,736 ✭✭
    edited Mar 2, 2018 #162
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

Be reviewing this thread now as well!

Thought I’d add this link to anyone interested. This place is local to me. I’ve been buying my coffee from them for a couple years now. They fly in raw beans from all over the world and roast them in a huge roaster that sits just beyond the counter. Smells heavenly in there everytime I go. Hands down the best tasting coffees ive ever had from these guys. And they have nearly any variety you could want. Organic certified , some that they mention down to the family farm where the beans were picked. My current favorite is the Guatemalan medium roast organic. I get them at the counter for $12 a pound. 2nd would be the Costa Rican. Not sure what most consider too expensive. Just thought someone may want to know about a US small business owner who I can attest to being great people and first hand fresh product. Bought some straight out of the roaster this morning!

https://www.littleriverroasting.com/
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21 ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-pw  Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
    BladeHunter, as a reference, I'm paying $14/lb for roasted Mexican beans up here. I'm not sure what a fair price is but they're good and I like supporting this semi-local little shop.
    Taylormade M1
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,491 ✭✭
    During my time in Hawaii, started drinking various Kona blends from Lion Coffee Company, especially a fan of the Vanilla Macadamia.
    Taylormade r510tp 10.5* Fuji Evo TS 661 
    TEE cbx 16.5* Accra TourZ LT70 
    Taylormade paintbreak V steel 18* Purple Ice 85
    TEE CNC Ltd. Forged 3-pw s400
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Cameron 1996 Laguna
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,371 ClubWRX
    I don't know if the JBM from Blue Macaw is genuine, but the beans are beautiful, have yet to find a shell or broken bean, and I am on my 3rd lb of 6. The low acid content is the key for me, so smooth, just a great cup of coffee.
    TM Mini 11.5 Pro white 70
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
    We went with the Cuisinart DBM-8 automatic burr mill. ~$50. I've got the hopper filled, my preferred grind setting honed in and set at 8 cups so all I have to do is hit a single button when I get up in the morning to grind the correct amount. Back in business. Happy.

I still need to find a deep replaceable coffee filter for the Bunn, though.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/cuisinart-reg-supreme-grind-trade-automatic-burr-mill/1013265020?skuId=13265020&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_coffeetea_online&product_id=13265020&adtype=pla&product_channel=online&adpos=1o1&creative=224233276482&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&mrkgadid=558402164&mrkgcl=609&rkg_id=h-d5e028fe97ab9509ad2feb2f645fadfc_t-1520427334&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuP7UBRDiARIsAFpxiRKqhqrEIMXa5iTnsT7w69b9MPDADVYVNIV4u1GwtkR0aEsIYtbENzEaAhJzEALw_wcB
    Taylormade M1
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • PaulCGaffneyPaulCGaffney Members Posts: 90
    i try to use the french press but am usually too rushed in the mornings. On weekends it's more prevalent for me. I also have a Nespresso and it's pretty good. I like my coffee black though and tend to drink it quite quickly though so it can be an expensive device.
    TM 2017 M1 8.5° - Aldila NV Protopype
    Callaway XR16 4 Wood
    Titleist T-MB 3 Iron
    Adams Super 9031 20°
    Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
    Titleist Vokey 54 & 58
    Callaway PM Grind 64°
    Odessey White Hot XG Rossie -or- Scotty Cameron California Sonoma
  • ronnbeeronnbee Members Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    Warrick wrote:

I don't know if the JBM from Blue Macaw is genuine, but the beans are beautiful, have yet to find a shell or broken bean, and I am on my 3rd lb of 6. The low acid content is the key for me, so smooth, just a great cup of coffee.
    just received -fast service coffee is great
  • WHC888WHC888 Members Posts: 2,732 ✭✭
    Pourover is my favorite brewing method!!

cAXOst4.jpg
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamonds 9* w/ Fuji VENTUS
    Taylormade M5 Rocket 3 wood
    Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons KBS FLT
    Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons KBS C Taper Lite
    Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons KBS $ Taper

NIKE OVEN Engage Wedges 46* Mike Taylor Specials

ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet ws8C8Un.jpg
    ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 49* wedge / KBS $Taper
    ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 53* wedge / KBS $Taper
    ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 58* wedge / KBS $Taper

Taylormade P7TW on deck

xG7EixQ.png
  • HankshankHankshank Members Posts: 1,612 ✭✭
    edited Mar 31, 2018 #170
    Used to work for a company before, that had an office in Dallas, TX. On the coffee machines over there, there were 4 strengths : mild/medium/strong/scandinavian.

We drink an enormous amount of coffee over here, most people do. In the office, everyone has a cup in front of them all day long. Or used to, the word has got around you should not drink after a certain time of the day (individual) if you do not want to ruin your nights sleep. But some guys will have like 7 och 8 cups a day. And our coffee is strong...

Some people have fancy espresso machines, buys whole coffee beans and all of that stuff, but normally you will have a "coffee brewer", You just buy ground coffee from the store, there are dozens of different brands, everyone have their favourites, scoop it into a filter and then the coffee brewer will lead boiling water in a pipe and let it drop over the coffee. Quick and tasty enough. Or sometimes just Nescafé and boiling water.

Just had my 5th cup for today, I guess I will have the last one after the Easter Dinner tonight. There will be enough brews that make you sleepy to compensate for the awakeness the coffee might produce...
  • leopoldstotchleopoldstotch Members Posts: 356 ✭✭
    WHC888 wrote:

Pourover is my favorite brewing method!!

cAXOst4.jpg

**** you spent some good money there with the kettle and v60.

I have a very Similar Setup, Plastic Hario V60, Hario Karafe, Hario Scale and Hario Canister burr grinder and of course the Hario V60 kettle.

now if only i had a better bean, bought some **** starbucks beans cause they were 25% off
    Taylormade M2 Driver (2016)
    Callaway XR16 3 Wood

Cobra Fly Z 5 Wood
    Srixon H45 4 Hybrid

Srixon Z565 5-AW
    Cleveland RTX 3 54/58
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red
  • scoteescotee Members Posts: 3,402 ✭✭
    Any iced coffee lovers here? I prefer iced especially in summer. I have used my Aeropress to make "espresso" shots over ice with nice results. Recently I have cold brewed with 1cup of beans course ground to 4 cups filtered water for 12 hrs. and then strained through cheese cloth in a stainless steel strainer. This lasts for the week in the fridge and is perfect for iced coffee or lates or mochas. It seems smoother, sweeter and less bitter than hot brewed.

How do you make your iced coffee?
    Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am
  • dan360dan360 Paisano Members Posts: 5,332 ✭✭
    At home, I'll grind, french press, and perk with old stuff that most people won't like but they work great. I make my own iced coffee with an old Italian strainer and cloth like scotee does it sounds like.

At work it's a Bunn Speed Brew
    WITB 4/30/19
    • TM M1 440 9.5° HZRDUS yeller settings all whacked out
    • FW shopping   (TM M1 3HL stock KK is here but having off the deck issues with it)
    • Adams CB3 4-G KBS Tour 90 molested in a thread here somewheres  (baby blades ready for when my swing catches up)
    • Wedges TBD rockin a OG Snake Eyes EV 56° until then 
    • PING Anser 2 Jim Wells Tour Proto 36"
  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,270 ClubWRX
    you want the best brewing machine? the technivorm moccamaster is the greatest hot brewing machine known to man kind. I've tried it all and that's the only one that serves me and my guests now.

It's so awesome I don't remember the last time I went to starbucks.
    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w ADTP, 3w ADIZ, 5w ADDI, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, 718 TMB 4i, Accra i100
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • SilverBulletsSilverBullets BMW Members Posts: 5,899 ✭✭
    Bob Cat wrote:

[media=]

My parents have a built in Miele and it looks very similar to the Wolf above. Makes an amazing cup of coffee with the press of 2 buttons.
    Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Taylormade '16 M2 15*
    Titleist 816h 21*
    Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop
  • Swoosh-ThudSwoosh-Thud Members Posts: 1,511 ✭✭
    I pull a double every morning. There's a custom roaster in Houston I use.

42880122602_d8ea1d93f9_b.jpg[/]
    JBeam ZY-11 10* Basileus Alpha S / Crazy 435ii 10.5* Basileus AAA X
    Tour Issue TM Superfast 2.0 TP 13.5* & 18* UST VTS SIlver 7S
    Apex Pro Recoil 95 R // Steelhead XR Pro Recoil ES 760
    Vega VM06 50 - 54 - 58 Shimada W
    Slighter Auburn
  • SullGolfSullGolf Members Posts: 8,812 ✭✭
    I drink a lot of coffee. This morning we ran out of beans and I drank a Starbucks Via. Never again.
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,670 ✭✭
    I addicted to nitrous cold brew.

• SilverBulletsSilverBullets BMW Members Posts: 5,899 ✭✭
    jerebear21 wrote:

you want the best brewing machine? the technivorm moccamaster is the greatest hot brewing machine known to man kind. I've tried it all and that's the only one that serves me and my guests now.

It's so awesome I don't remember the last time I went to starbucks.

I just bought one these. I had not heard of them until Your post so I went out and did some research. I was looking for a new brewer but didn’t want to spend a fortune and wanted something simple. This thing had awesome reviews so I said what the ****.

Just brewed my first pot with it and oh my. Silky smooth coffee and not bitter at all. Just a great brew. I’ve been using Red Beard Coffee for the last couple of weeks. In my old cuisnart the Red Beard was just ‘decent’. With the Moccamaster it was great. I can’t wait to buy some Staufs (out of Columbus Ohio.. stuff is the best coffee I have had... they ship by the way) and see what it comes out like with the Moccamaster.

Oh and the Moccamaster looks pretty cool too and fits perfectly in our kitchen
    Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Taylormade '16 M2 15*
    Titleist 816h 21*
    Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop
  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,270 ClubWRX
    Staufs?

You have a grinder ? Get a good grinder in the 200-300 range and your life will never be the same. I used to make espresso all the time but after getting the moccamaster why bother.

Believe it or not the best brew beans that my wife and I ever had is the willow blend from Starbucks. And we tried it all. When we found out it discontinued we bought excess of 10 bags and put it in the freezer.

I grind fresh beans before brewing. It makes a world of a difference. Only seconds to do. Saves me 15 minutes from waiting in line at Starbucks and my coffee taste way better.
    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w ADTP, 3w ADIZ, 5w ADDI, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, 718 TMB 4i, Accra i100
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • bub72ckbub72ck Members Posts: 2,456 ✭✭
    Currently drinking my staple Kenya AA and recently picked up some El Salvador Peaberry which is delicious.
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Kuro Kage 70X
    Taylormade Jetspeed TI 16* Speeder 869 X
    Taylormade Rescue 09 TP Aldila XVS9
    Titleist 714 AP2 TT DGX100 4-PW
    Vokey SM5 50*, 54* and 60* TT DGS400
    SIK Pro Custom