I think the wife had an 'epiphany'

joey2aces

so the wife and I were talking... I am trying to get her into golf but not forcing her. When we go out she plays 3-4 holes... I also have her tee up at the 150yd marker so she does not get frustrated.... it is a process I guess.... but she used to play ice hockey and when she connects...wow.... her VERY first 7 iron on the range went 120, dead straight.... but I digress

She asked one day while I was on a site looking at golf shoes..... why I needed so many different shoes, balls, gloves etc.... that they cost 'so much money'. I simply said,"I will stop buying shoes/gloves etc until they are no longer playable... (balls I get for free).... if you stop buying shoes and boots and sandles...." she cut me off and said..." ohhh those black ones are nice.... you should get them in brown too. What's the difference between those and those?? (softspike vs spikeless)."

Pick your battles my friends.... pick your battles

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like you need to get some new headcovers that represent her on the golf course or offer to get her some personalized some for her bag so she can be stylin on the course.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1391107231' post='8566100']
It sounds like you need to get some new headcovers that represent her on the golf course or offer to get her some personalized some for her bag so she can be stylin on the course.
[/quote]

haha yes... I am still thinking of those cupcakes!

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

My friends and I like to call that the "Jedi Mind Trick"

Well played ;)

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin

Thank you sirs. We don't get out if control though. She's a saver and I'm a financial advisor so we keep everything in perspective. I tell her how much i "could be" spending if I didn't get balls via my wholesalers. I couldn't care less that they have their logo on them. As long as their giving out Pro V 1x I'm takin em. :)

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

My wife said something one time...

I pointed to two IDENTICAL purses.... Same Model... Same Exterior Color...

Different Liner...

She has been silence since.

:)

9.5 Opti440 - Fujikura Rombax 5Wo6 X

Taylormade 17.9 4 wood - NVX (X)
Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

[quote name='DirecTVTechGuy' timestamp='1391132551' post='8568636']

Different Liner...

[/quote]
Oh, I feel for you my friend. My wife does the purse thing... It's definitely good for leverage. :)

SLDR 460 8.5° / TEE XCG6 16.5°
2-PW '94 Ram FXTG / Rifle 7.0
Cally Jaws CC SW 55° / LW 60°
Arm Lock Ping Cushin / Salty Grip.
WITB Link

[quote name='Froth' timestamp='1391132980' post='8568678']

Different Liner...

[/quote]
Oh, I feel for you my friend. My wife does the purse thing... It's definitely good for leverage. :)
[/quote]

Check this out...

Harvey's SeatBelt Bags..

If she doesn't know about em... You will be a GOD amongst men for " discovering " these purses....

TRUST me..

Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

[quote name='DirecTVTechGuy' timestamp='1391134633' post='8568858']

Different Liner...

[/quote]
[/quote]

Check this out...

Harvey's SeatBelt Bags..

If she doesn't know about em... You will be a GOD amongst men for " discovering " these purses....

TRUST me..
[/quote]LMAO, you're so right Dude, LMAO-

Everytime I buy myself a club, I stop and grab her a seatbelt bag, LMAO

This started about 5-6 years ago, when the dealer where I bought my SUV gave me one and I gave it to her.

We came to an agreement after that.

I buy myself a club, I buy her a bag.

Those bags are frickin indestructible, lol.

Have you started on the Limited Editions yet?

They're sharp, lol

For some reason, I think that I'm comin out on the short end cuz it costin $450-550 a driver now

Have a great season :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

my wife is trying to get into golf. She doesn't have a hockey/softball backround or anything so it's tough. She is fairly athletic but we're going to the range once a week together to practice. She played with me on our honeymoon at the Norman course in the Bahamas, and like you we tee'd it up about 100 yards away on every hole.

Anyway, she is pretty excited to play more. So that's good. Also she never complains about cost since she's a horseback rider. Golf is cheap by comparison. My golf membership + bar bill and clubs costs less then her boarding the horse. So i got that going for me

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1391135633' post='8568948']
[quote name='DirecTVTechGuy' timestamp='1391134633' post='8568858']

Different Liner...

[/quote]
[/quote]

Check this out...

Harvey's SeatBelt Bags..

TRUST me..
[/quote]LMAO, you're so right Dude, LMAO-

Everytime I buy myself a club, I stop and grab her a seatbelt bag, LMAO

This started about 5-6 years ago, when the dealer where I bought my SUV gave me one and I gave it to her.

We came to an agreement after that.

I buy myself a club, I buy her a bag.

Those bags are frickin indestructible, lol.

Have you started on the Limited Editions yet?

They're sharp, lol

For some reason, I think that I'm comin out on the short end cuz it costin $450-550 a driver now

Have a great season :)

Fairways &amp; Greens My Friend,
Richard
[/quote]

Limited Editions....

Or as I call them... 'Mortgage Busters...

Her favorite is the Disney wallet.... Almost as much as a bag...

She has what she calls.... " A Few "

I think there is about two dozen.... And indestructible isn't the word...

All my buddies now hate me... My wife is grounded from hanging out with their wives... Forever.

Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

My wife still thinks golf takes 6 hours to play and lasts 36 holes

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

[quote name='somaplr' timestamp='1391184063' post='8571512']
[/quote]

A friend at the club when his wife started playing a couple years said " great. Now shes gonna figure out a round of golf on a Saturday doesn't actually take 10 hours! "

[quote name='joey2aces' timestamp='1391106055' post='8565984']
so the wife and I were talking... I am trying to get her into golf but not forcing her. When we go out she plays 3-4 holes... I also have her tee up at the 150yd marker so she does not get frustrated.... it is a process I guess.... but she used to play ice hockey and when she connects...wow.... her VERY first 7 iron on the range went 120, dead straight.... but I digress

She asked one day while I was on a site looking at golf shoes..... why I needed so many different shoes, balls, gloves etc.... that they cost 'so much money'. I simply said,"I will stop buying shoes/gloves etc until they are no longer playable... (balls I get for free).... if you stop buying shoes and boots and sandles...." she cut me off and said..." ohhh those black ones are nice.... you should get them in brown too. What's the difference between those and those?? (softspike vs spikeless)."

[/quote]
I started to teach my girlfriend to play golf, and quite surprisingly she was pretty decent. But when the day came that she wanted me to ditch my normal 4-some of friends for her it was off. Done. That's It. Why did I even think to do that. Don't put you &^#^*$ where your playground is. Just good advice.

Cleveland DST 9.0 vSL Stiff
Cleveland DST 3W vSL Stiff
4,5 Cleveland HYB vSL Stiff
Cleveland CG7 Black Pearl's
Scotty Cameron Newport 1996
Srixon Z Star

Before my wife started playing I would leave to go play and she never once said anything about what I was wearing.

Now my shirt and pants don't match and are wrinkled.

Not sure why my stuff suddenly stopped matching and got wrinkled just because she started playing golf.......

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

My wife plays, with her girl friends in a Monday night ladies league. This has been the best of both worlds. She has a great time playing with the gals, it is more the social aspect than anything else. I get to play whenever I like because she understands the alure of the game.

I have been married 32 years and we still have a great relationship. It boils down to having your own personal interests and being able to do your own thing. Oh and I let her buy whatever she wants.

Ping Rapture V2
Ping G15, four wood
Callaway X hot pro 20* hybrid
Ping G25 - 4 to PW
Callaway X tour 50*' 54* & 58*
Scotty newport

[quote name='LiveWire' timestamp='1391223528' post='8575728']
[quote name='joey2aces' timestamp='1391106055' post='8565984']

[/quote]
I started to teach my girlfriend to play golf, and quite surprisingly she was pretty decent. But when the day came that she wanted me to ditch my normal 4-some of friends for her it was off. Done. That's It. Why did I even think to do that. Don't put you &^#^*$ where your playground is. Just good advice.
[/quote]

My wife plays as well... HOWEVER, she knows Saturday and Sunday mornings are the guy's game and if she wants to play, she is more than welcome to show up after we have made the turn and hit balls on the range and wait for me to finish up. Then we go out on the course and have our golf bonding time... It is a plus I don't complain when she goes shopping :)

[quote name='somaplr' timestamp='1391184063' post='8571512']
[/quote]

Tell her you got stuck behind a slow 4some and that might get you a couple more hours...oh and then tell her you are going to start a thread about slow play here and see what others think.

[quote name='Medic' timestamp='1391224451' post='8575832']
Before my wife started playing I would leave to go play and she never once said anything about what I was wearing.

Now my shirt and pants don't match and are wrinkled.

Not sure why my stuff suddenly stopped matching and got wrinkled just because she started playing golf.......
[/quote]

Exactly the same here! (You're not going to wear THOSE pants. Why, what's wr......? They're all wrinkled! Yea, well they're gonna be wrinkled with grass and mud stains on them in about 1 hour....)

[quote name='Titleist 670' timestamp='1391565453' post='8600155']
I am glad I married the woman I did. None of this "if you buy clothes, I can buy clubs" stuff, or if you let me play golf, you can go shopping stuff.

Holy smokes - I never understand couples who need permission to do stuff outside of a relationship.
[/quote]

Not everyone who says... " If I play golf... You can go shopping " has some kind of weird ultimatum or blackmail style arrangement...

A lot of what gets said is in jest and good humor...

Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

[quote name='DirecTVTechGuy' timestamp='1391565783' post='8600209']
I am glad I married the woman I did. None of this "if you buy clothes, I can buy clubs" stuff, or if you let me play golf, you can go shopping stuff.

Holy smokes - I never understand couples who need permission to do stuff outside of a relationship.
[/quote]

Not everyone who says... " If I play golf... You can go shopping " has some kind of weird ultimatum or blackmail style arrangement...

[/quote]

Not some of my co-workers!

[quote name='Titleist 670' timestamp='1391566045' post='8600255']
[quote name='DirecTVTechGuy' timestamp='1391565783' post='8600209']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not some of my co-workers!
[/quote]

I feel bad for those guys.

I just like the " excuse " to buy my wife pretty things...

We both know who is in charge.... :hi:

She is...

:(

Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

similar situation here, the long time girlfriend isnt a fan of my golf spending until I start looking for a new pair of shoes. next thing I know she is telling me to buy a $200 pair of tw14s. she also knows golf style better than me. came home last night to 3 new golf shirts so I dont "look like im homeless at the country club this weekend".

[quote name='Kadin 25' timestamp='1391127475' post='8568080']
My friends and I like to call that the "Jedi Mind Trick"

Well played ;)
[/quote]

[gimg]http://i.imgur.com/ddZY2LU.gif[/gimg]

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

A "normal" week for me during the warm season is usually playing 9 after work with the wife, she has a league on Tuesday night, and I play behind the league with our daughter, wednesday night is my league, and we switch, she plays with the kid behind us, thursday is an "off day", every other friday night is our couple's league, I play with the guys saturday morning, she plays with the girls saturday afternoon, and then we all play 18 sunday.

Single guys...they're out there. Marry the right one, and you get to play a lot more.

M5 w/Rogue
Cobra F6 3/4 wood w/Kuro Kage
RSI 2 driving iron w/recoil
PSI Tour 4-pw w/S300
MD3 50/54/58
Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert