Grown very Fond of Bridgestone Balls!

EbenSalgado24

Picked up some B330 series balls and usually I play Titleist balls NXT-Tours or Pro-V1s but I must say I was very impressed of the Bridgestone. They had a decent amount of spin for me and held greens very well, they also felt soft around the greens. I'm not a big fan of the e-series type balls but the B330 are a very good ball.

Titleist 915 D2 10.5 / GD AD-DI 7S
Titleist 915F 15 / GD AD-DI 7S
Mizuno JPX-850 2H / Motore Speeder 8.2S
Mizuno MP-54 / KBS Tour 120S
Vokey 50, 55, 60 / DG ONYX Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron Squareback 33"

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed to the B330s last year after being a ProV1x player since 2001 or so. Is it a better ball? Nope. Last longer? Nope. Cost less? Nope.

Does it fit MY game better? Absolutely. Compared to the Titlesit the ball flight is better and it's easier to control. For ME. And that's all that matters.

Nike Vr Pro LE 8.5 degree
TEE CB Pro LE 13 degree
TEE XCGV 16.5 degree
Adams A4 Forged DG X100
Vokey Custom 54 & 58
Cameron CLN 1997 Custom Shop

[quote name='Hidalgo' timestamp='1391457857' post='8591574']
I changed to the B330s last year after being a ProV1x player since 2001 or so. Is it a better ball? Nope. Last longer? Nope. Cost less? Nope.

Does it fit MY game better? Absolutely. Compared to the Titlesit the ball flight is better and it's easier to control. For ME. And that's all that matters.
[/quote]

I agree - the B330S is a terrific ball. I compared B330/B330S with Pro V1/Pro V1X for a few month and both balls convinced me.

See here: [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/937812-titleist-pro-v1-vs-pro-v1x-vs-bridgestone-b330-vs-b330-s-vs-b330-rx-vs-b330-rxs/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/937812-titleist-pro-v1-vs-pro-v1x-vs-bridgestone-b330-vs-b330-s-vs-b330-rx-vs-b330-rxs/[/url]

What i definitely like most compared to the Pro V1X was the lower overall compression of the B330S. It felt smoother and easier to compress.
So it's mainly a feel thing why i prefer it against the Pro V1X.

Love me some B-Stone B330. Haven't fooled around too much with the S, but may give it whirl. Mostly worried about additional driver spin, as I am a high spin player.

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

[quote name='gpleonard' timestamp='1391602352' post='8602141']
B330 RX is my favorite golf ball. Feel, distance and control all very good for my game. [b]Also play the E5 in the spring and late fall when it is cold.[/b]
[/quote]

Hmmm...strange that you would do that considering that the E5 has a higher overall compression than the B330RX (the cover is slightly softer on the E5 though)

[quote name='storm319' timestamp='1391605041' post='8602239']
B330 RX is my favorite golf ball. Feel, distance and control all very good for my game. [b]Also play the E5 in the spring and late fall when it is cold.[/b]
[/quote]

Hmmm...strange that you would do that considering that the E5 has a higher overall compression than the B330RX (the cover is slightly softer on the E5 though)
[/quote]

Absolutely - based on the GBS Data Sheet the overall compression of the E5 is at least 20% higher than the B330RX.
But maybe that was a typo (??) and gpleonard meant the E6 as his (your) fall/winter ball as the E6 is significantly softer compared to the RX.

[quote name='backtees' timestamp='1391615664' post='8603179']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely - based on the GBS Data Sheet the overall compression of the E5 is at least 20% higher than the B330RX.
But maybe that was a typo (??) and gpleonard meant the E6 as his (your) fall/winter ball as the E6 is significantly softer compared to the RX.
[/quote]

Strange to me that anyone would change balls due to weather or course conditions. How is your game going to improve or be consistent when you are changing balls all the time?

TEE CB Pro LE 13 degree
TEE XCGV 16.5 degree
Adams A4 Forged DG X100
Vokey Custom 54 & 58

[quote name='Hidalgo' timestamp='1391618373' post='8603541']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Strange to me that anyone would change balls due to weather or course conditions. How is your game going to improve or be consistent when you are changing balls all the time?
[/quote]

While I do not change balls when it’s colder outside it is proven that the ball travels farther wenn it is warmer outside. The materials respond better if they are more resilient and warmth enhances resiliency. A warmer ball comes off the face with more velocity and spin than a colder ball. I think that below 50 degrees Fahrenheit a ball start to lose length. So depending on the temperature (as well as humidity and altitude) it could make sense to change balls.

I do not change balls if it’s getting colder – because I do not like to play golf when it’s getting really cold. But when I put a ball in the fridge for only an hour and let it bounce side to side with a ball at room temperature I can see that the cold one is bouncing less.

[quote name='backtees' timestamp='1391622673' post='8604061']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

While I do not change balls when it’s colder outside it is proven that the ball travels farther wenn it is warmer outside. The materials respond better if they are more resilient and warmth enhances resiliency. A warmer ball comes off the face with more velocity and spin than a colder ball. I think that below 50 degrees Fahrenheit a ball start to lose length. So depending on the temperature (as well as humidity and altitude) it could make sense to change balls.

I do not change balls if it’s getting colder – because I do not like to play golf when it’s getting really cold. But when I put a ball in the fridge for only an hour and let it bounce side to side with a ball at room temperature I can see that the cold one is bouncing less.
[/quote]

YEP, it's a fact that you lose distance when the ball is cold. Have you ever read the fine print to see how MUCH that distance is? You might want to find that info and decide if it is worth losing spin, control, and the other benefits of a premium ball just to gain that minute amount of distance. If this were an issue at all, the professionals at the British Open would all be playing softer balls because of the cold temps. But it isn't. (Phil Mickelson did change to a different model ball in 2011 because of the weather, for what that might be worth) Frank Thomas once did a test to see how much yardage was lost with temperature of the ball. It equated to 2 yards for every 10 degrees. The test started with balls that were at 72 degrees. If a loss of 6 yards off the tee in 40 degree weather with your driver concerns you enough to make you change balls, I would only have to assume that you hit the ball exactly in the center of the driver face to warrant this concern. Six yards off the tee doesn't concern me in the least. I would much rather have the familiarity of my regular golf ball when hitting the second shot to a tight pin or a short pitch. Honestly, unless a person has every other facet of their game down to perfection a ball change due to temperature is an extremely minor concern.

TEE CB Pro LE 13 degree
TEE XCGV 16.5 degree
Adams A4 Forged DG X100
Vokey Custom 54 & 58

I play the B330S and they are great! Cant say they are better than other tour balls. But they perform just as good as the pro V1 and V1x and are a lot cheaper.

SLDR 10,5 ALDILA RIP Phenom Nasty Long
Taylormade R11 Tour Issue 3-wood project X 7a3
Bridgestone J15 MB 4-PW X100
Bridgestone J15 52, 56, 60 wedges X100
Ping Pick em up L
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1158523-steff-p-witb-20-2015/page__p__11269627__hl__+steff_p#entry11269627"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Hidalgo' timestamp='1391637119' post='8605631']
[quote name='backtees' timestamp='1391622673' post='8604061']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

YEP, it's a fact that you lose distance when the ball is cold. Have you ever read the fine print to see how MUCH that distance is? You might want to find that info and decide if it is worth losing spin, control, and the other benefits of a premium ball just to gain that minute amount of distance. If this were an issue at all, the professionals at the British Open would all be playing softer balls because of the cold temps. But it isn't. (Phil Mickelson did change to a different model ball in 2011 because of the weather, for what that might be worth) Frank Thomas once did a test to see how much yardage was lost with temperature of the ball. It equated to 2 yards for every 10 degrees. The test started with balls that were at 72 degrees. If a loss of 6 yards off the tee in 40 degree weather with your driver concerns you enough to make you change balls, I would only have to assume that you hit the ball exactly in the center of the driver face to warrant this concern. Six yards off the tee doesn't concern me in the least. I would much rather have the familiarity of my regular golf ball when hitting the second shot to a tight pin or a short pitch. Honestly, unless a person has every other facet of their game down to perfection a ball change due to temperature is an extremely minor concern.
[/quote]

Wow, only 2 yards on 10 degrees Fahrenheit? That's not that much. I thought it would be much more. That's interesting.

BUT: it confirms me not to change the ball. I always felt fine with my gamer also when it was a bit colder or hotter.

[quote name='backtees' timestamp='1391706289' post='8609847']
Wow, only 2 yards on 10 degrees Fahrenheit? That's not that much. I thought it would be much more. That's interesting.

BUT: it confirms me not to change the ball. I always felt fine with my gamer also when it was a bit colder or hotter.
[/quote]

I'll elaborate a little more because those stats might have been a little misleading. That test only involved BALL temperature. AIR temperature wasn't in the equation. When you factor the air temperature into the mix, that will also cause a reduction in distance due to the denser air. I saw the results of that test but can't locate it right now. It was also less than you would initially think. Somewhere around the same drop as the ball temp. You could multiply the ball stats by 2 and be very close. So even if you figure 10-12 yards of lost distance from the tee, the loss with the irons would be even less because of the shorter distance involved. Even at that, it isn't significant enough to warrant a ball change that would inevitably cause problems in the short game.

Our golf-playing temps here in Tennessee vary from 90s in the summer to 40s in the winter, and I only see a drop with my irons of 5 yards or so, and even less with anything under a 7 iron. I haven't noticed any significant difference off the tee although I am certain there is some.

TEE CB Pro LE 13 degree
TEE XCGV 16.5 degree
Adams A4 Forged DG X100
Vokey Custom 54 & 58