Just did my first pair of Custom Golf shoes!

VitoMaserati ·  
VitoMaseratiVitoMaserati Members  12WRX Points: 0Posts: 12
Just customized my first pair of golf shoes for those days when you wana be extra flashy!

ukv0DCg.jpg
Posted:
Tagged:

Comments

• Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members  6763WRX Points: 910Handicap: XX.5Posts: 6,763 Titanium Tees
    Extra flashy for sure lol. Love em. Like how you kept the front black.
    Posted:
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • VitoMaseratiVitoMaserati Members  12WRX Points: 0Posts: 12
    Thanks ya i didnt wana go to crazy on them but wanted them to really pop and stand out. I thought it was pretty crucial to keep them simple in the toe. A guy on reddit just gave me the name for them as The Etonic Crime Scenes for those days when you wana murder the ball!
    Posted:
  • LancejokerLancejoker Members  788WRX Points: 30Posts: 788 Golden Tee
    Those look great. How long did it take to paint them?
    Posted:
  • Northpaw68Northpaw68 Featured Writer  217WRX Points: 52Handicap: 1.9Posts: 217 Fairways
    Bring your A game on the days you feel like being flashy!!
    Posted:
    Taylormade M3
    Titleist 913F
    Titleist 910H
    Ping iBlade
    Ping Glide
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 / GoLo
  • mac94mac94 Banned  6321WRX Points: 1Posts: 6,321 BST Banned
    Here are a couple pair I've done. The red adipures I've had for a season and the purple adizeros I just did. Yours look killer!
    Posted:
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members  10271WRX Points: 306Posts: 10,271 Titanium Tees
    Wow.... guys stuck inside for the winter?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • eagle1997eagle1997 Members  18366WRX Points: 1,159Posts: 18,366 Titanium Tees
    must. know. how.

please, give us a step by step!
    Posted:
    Cobra F8+ 9.5°
    TEE XCG4 3w 15°
    Cally Steelhead XR 17°
    Cobra BioCell 22°
    Cobra One Length 5-PW
    Bstone J15 50°
    Bstone J15 52°
    Odyssey Black Milled #1
    Lancejoker wrote:

Those look great. How long did it take to paint them?

took me about 8 hours with all the dry time beteween coats
    Posted:
    mac94 wrote:

Here are a couple pair I've done. The red adipures I've had for a season and the purple adizeros I just did. Yours look killer!

Those are nice man its a fun project for sure! Ive been doing Nikes and Jordan restoration for awhile and finally thought id take a stab at my old golf shoes
    Posted:

Wow.... guys stuck inside for the winter?

No I live in San Diego and paint shoes in my spare time, I golf year round no winter here lol.
    Posted:
    To do these i used Angelus leather paint, you have to deglaze the whole shoe of the old paint and finish (these started out white and brown) Then i sprayed multiple coats using an airbrush then used a small paint brush for the splatter. Then finished it off with one of Angelus's finish products for these i used the satin for some shine i usually use the matte for J's and Nikes. If anybody would like a pair of shoes done and have some ideas pm me and we can talk!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • mac94mac94 Banned  6321WRX Points: 1Posts: 6,321 BST Banned
    I'm the one stuck inside for winter.
    Posted:
    mac94 wrote:

I'm the one stuck inside for winter.

I feel for you, I just moved to San Diego from Montana about 6 months ago. my home town was -34 today so this whole year round golf thing is new to me but man i sure dont miss that cold and snow! hope it warms up for ya soon!
    Posted:
  • CCUgolfer23CCUgolfer23 Members  3136WRX Points: 136Posts: 3,136 Titanium Tees

To do these i used Angelus leather paint, you have to deglaze the whole shoe of the old paint and finish (these started out white and brown) Then i sprayed multiple coats using an airbrush then used a small paint brush for the splatter. Then finished it off with one of Angelus's finish products for these i used the satin for some shine i usually use the matte for J's and Nikes. If anybody would like a pair of shoes done and have some ideas pm me and we can talk!

what did you use for the deglazing process? I have 3 pair of old shoes I'd love to try this on.
    Posted:
    PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
    PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
    Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
    Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
    Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

what did you use for the deglazing process? I have 3 pair of old shoes I'd love to try this on.

Angelus makes a deglazer or you can just use acetone which you can grab a quart can at home depot for like $6.
    Posted:
  • OUZO PowerOUZO Power #CallaWRX2 Banned  2712WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,712
    Curious. Will the angelus white paint cover black PVC well? Have. Nice pair of white gold shoes but I don't like the black highlights.
    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
    FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
    FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
    Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
    Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
    Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

Advertisement
    OUZO Power wrote:

Curious. Will the angelus white paint cover black PVC well? Have. Nice pair of white gold shoes but I don't like the black highlights.

ya it will cover you might have to do a few coats but it should cover in 3-4 thin coats
    Posted:
  • OUZO PowerOUZO Power #CallaWRX2 Banned  2712WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,712

OUZO Power wrote:

ya it will cover you might have to do a few coats but it should cover in 3-4 thin coats
    thanks
    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
    FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
    FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
    Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
    Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
    Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT
  • StunuttStunutt Members  1WRX Points: 0Posts: 1
    Here's a few pairs I did... Gave some life to these!
    Posted:
  • pierso2pierso2 Shooters Shoot Members  2605WRX Points: 34Handicap: 4Posts: 2,605 Bunkers
    Stunutt wrote:

Here's a few pairs I did... Gave some life to these!

Those Icons look brand spankin new! Might have to try this with an old pair and do some elephant print or racing stripes!
    Posted:
    Option 1
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
    Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
    Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
    Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
    Adams MB2 GW
    Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
    Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
    Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
    Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
    16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
    Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
    Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
    Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2
  • mccjudmccjud Members  496WRX Points: 86Posts: 496 Greens
    Nice work! I turned a pair of Adidas lime green... check my pic to the left. Super happy with how my turned out.... my buddies give ,e a hard time & I love it!

I also used all Angelus leather products, from deglazer, to the leather paint to the waterproof finisher. There on some lime lades & good to go. Sorta cool to say no one else has a pair this color. I've been aspiring to turn an old pair of FJ sports which are currently blue & white to Grey & blue. You might have just given me to motivation I need!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.