Watch Enthusiasts

1262728293032»

Comments

• Buckets2Buckets2 Members Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Texas1 said:
    I got a sub recently. Paid used what they are new as I couldn’t be arsed waiting, I get bored easily

SUB is such a great watch. I was after the deep sea, previous generation but a lot of dealers stay way clear due to the high influx of extremely good fakes/stolen watches

Guy near me gets subs in regularly, all checked and with warranty

Date or no date?

• RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX Posts: 4,687 ClubWRX

@PixlPutterman said:

@Texas1 said:
    I got a sub recently. Paid used what they are new as I couldn’t be arsed waiting, I get bored easily

SUB is such a great watch. I was after the deep sea, previous generation but a lot of dealers stay way clear due to the high influx of extremely good fakes/stolen watches

The replica world is getting astoundingly good. My buddy has a BB58 that you cant tell the difference

I had a replica Submariner once that was so good the authorized Rolex dealer I got my GMT wasn't able to tell. Of course I didn't tell them it was a replica. The cost was a bit more than what can be found at one of the many replica dealers as the bezel was original stock, the crown was also original stock. Once I got my GMT (back in 11/2011) I gave the replica to my brother (he still has it). I gave it to him with the condition of never selling it or it has to come back to me. I made a decision at that point not to support the replica market. This is one reason I would never buy a Rolex from the internet site where we buy most of our used golf equipment (and more). There are too many good fakes out there that have authentic swiss automatic movements, just not rolex movements.

Note: I am in no way promoting or endorsing the replica market. I believe in purchasing a product from a reputable authorized dealer selling legitimate product, or from a seller that can 100% verify that the product is authentic. This pertains to watches, golf clubs, electronics, etc.

Titleist 905T 9.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
    Titleist 906F2 15 degree Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec stiff
    Taylormade SLDR 2 Hybrid Graphite Design Tour  AD DI-Hybrid 85 stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Tour (3-PW) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 50* GW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 58* LW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan Epic Day Long Pipe Copper plated
    BestGrips Augusta Microperf grips
  • Texas1Texas1 Members Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭

@Buckets2 said:

@Texas1 said:

Date or no date?

Date, even though I can’t see the date as my eyes are buggered 😂

Titleist 915 D2 Fujikura PRO XLR8 S
    Titleist 917F2 13.5 ATTAS6 6x
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW Project X LZ
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54f KBS Tour V
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5
  • Texas1Texas1 Members Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭

And the thing is, I can get over a grand more than I paid last year as a trade in

Mental the used market as you can’t get them new, or have to be on their preferred list

Titleist 915 D2 Fujikura PRO XLR8 S
    Titleist 917F2 13.5 ATTAS6 6x
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW Project X LZ
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54f KBS Tour V
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

@Texas1 said:
    And the thing is, I can get over a grand more than I paid last year as a trade in

Mental the used market as you can’t get them new, or have to be on their preferred list

They're going for 11-12k in the grey market

• altess27altess27 Northern MN Southpaw Members Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just purchased a Grand Seiko SBGR311. Will post pics when it arrives tomorrow.

Cobra F9 Speedback Driver
    Callaway XR 16 5 Wood
    Srixon Z H85 Hybrid
    Taylormade P760 Irons
    Piretti & Hi Toe Wedges
    SeeMore Z3C Putter

Had a dream last night where i somehow became fast best friends with a high volume dealer :(

• aenematedaenemated Los Angeles, CAMembers Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

My beloved Z-Blue Milgauss; the coolest Rolex ever ... photo taken mere moments before teeing off at The Old Course

Titleist TS3 Driver 9.5°
    Titleist TS2 15°, 18°, 21°
    Nike Vapor Pro 4-PW
    TaylorMade MG 52°, 60°
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8
    Titleist ProV1x

• altess27altess27 Northern MN Southpaw Members Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭✭

As promised, pics of my new GS.

Cobra F9 Speedback Driver
    Callaway XR 16 5 Wood
    Srixon Z H85 Hybrid
    Taylormade P760 Irons
    Piretti & Hi Toe Wedges
    SeeMore Z3C Putter
  • Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Someday, Omega Seamaster...

• YevKasimYevKasim Members Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭

My wife and I bought me an Omega AQ chrono 8500 for my 60th birthday 2 years ago. After realizing I don’t wear it enough to keep it wound, I went ahead and got the same watch but in quartz. Where do y’all think would be the best place to try to sell the chrono?

• MychMych Members Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 19, 2019 1:41pm #943

@PixlPutterman said:

Finished a mod and finally tracked down the NTH I wanted

I wasn't familiar with NTH before, but those are beautiful. I've been waiting to find something sub-$1K that isn't a generic department store watch, and the price point of those ($600-750) is perfect. I'm not ready for my Omega yet, but there might be an NTH on my Christmas list this year (if my wife reads this... this one: https://nthwatches.com/collections/watches/products/amphion-commando).

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5~ F6 Baffler 16 ~ Baffler 2h ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish) Members Posts: 8,290 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mych said:

@PixlPutterman said:

Finished a mod and finally tracked down the NTH I wanted

I wasn't familiar with NTH before, but those are beautiful. I've been waiting to find something sub-$1K that isn't a generic department store watch, and the price point of those ($600-750) is perfect. I'm not ready for my Omega yet, but there might be an NTH on my Christmas list this year (if my wife reads this... this one: https://nthwatches.com/collections/watches/products/amphion-commando).

They are EASILY top value for the money in the sub $1k market.

I have that one and the Devil Fox, its a fantastic Doxa like homage.

PXG 0811x 9° - HC EvenFlow Black 75x 
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52°/56°/62°- S300
    Mizuno TP Mills TP7 
    RZN Platinum
  • PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish) Members Posts: 8,290 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mr. Grumpy said:
    Someday, Omega Seamaster...

Sold off a few to get this recently.

PXG 0811x 9° - HC EvenFlow Black 75x 
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52°/56°/62°- S300
    Mizuno TP Mills TP7 
    RZN Platinum
  • YevKasimYevKasim Members Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭

My wife and I bought me an Omega AQ chrono 8500 for my 60th birthday 2 years ago. After realizing I don’t wear it enough to keep it wound, I went ahead and got the same watch but in quartz. Where do y’all think would be the best place to try to sell the chrono?

Anyone got a hook up on Subs (or other) from ADs at MSRP?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file