Watch Enthusiasts

Comments

• Buckets2Buckets2  2570WRX Points: 294Members Posts: 2,570 Titanium Tees

On -, @Texas1 said:

I got a sub recently. Paid used what they are new as I couldn’t be arsed waiting, I get bored easily

SUB is such a great watch. I was after the deep sea, previous generation but a lot of dealers stay way clear due to the high influx of extremely good fakes/stolen watches

Guy near me gets subs in regularly, all checked and with warranty

Date or no date?

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker  4813WRX Points: 754ClubWRX Posts: 4,813 ClubWRX

On -, @PixlPutterman said:

On -, @Texas1 said:

I got a sub recently. Paid used what they are new as I couldn’t be arsed waiting, I get bored easily

SUB is such a great watch. I was after the deep sea, previous generation but a lot of dealers stay way clear due to the high influx of extremely good fakes/stolen watches

The replica world is getting astoundingly good. My buddy has a BB58 that you cant tell the difference

I had a replica Submariner once that was so good the authorized Rolex dealer I got my GMT wasn't able to tell. Of course I didn't tell them it was a replica. The cost was a bit more than what can be found at one of the many replica dealers as the bezel was original stock, the crown was also original stock. Once I got my GMT (back in 11/2011) I gave the replica to my brother (he still has it). I gave it to him with the condition of never selling it or it has to come back to me. I made a decision at that point not to support the replica market. This is one reason I would never buy a Rolex from the internet site where we buy most of our used golf equipment (and more). There are too many good fakes out there that have authentic swiss automatic movements, just not rolex movements.

Note: I am in no way promoting or endorsing the replica market. I believe in purchasing a product from a reputable authorized dealer selling legitimate product, or from a seller that can 100% verify that the product is authentic. This pertains to watches, golf clubs, electronics, etc.

Posted:
    EAMUS CATULI! AC020303
  • Texas1Texas1  391WRX Points: 110Handicap: 9Members Posts: 391 Greens

On -, @Buckets2 said:

On -, @Texas1 said:

Date or no date?

Date, even though I can’t see the date as my eyes are buggered 😂

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2 Fujikura PRO XLR8 S
    Titleist 917F2 13.5 ATTAS6 6x
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW Project X LZ
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54f KBS Tour V
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

And the thing is, I can get over a grand more than I paid last year as a trade in

Mental the used market as you can’t get them new, or have to be on their preferred list

Posted:
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60

On -, @Texas1 said:

And the thing is, I can get over a grand more than I paid last year as a trade in

Mental the used market as you can’t get them new, or have to be on their preferred list

They're going for 11-12k in the grey market

Posted:
  • altess27altess27 Northern MN Southpaw  854WRX Points: 99Handicap: 1.0Members Posts: 854 Golden Tee

I just purchased a Grand Seiko SBGR311. Will post pics when it arrives tomorrow.

Posted:
    Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback w/ PX HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5

Fairway: TC Callaway Epic Flash w/ Diamana Thump 75X

Hybrid: Taylormade GAPR LO w/ KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid 85X

Irons: Wilson Staff Model Blades w/ KBS $-Taper 130X

Wedges: Piretti w/ True Temper DG X100

Putter: Evnroll ER6

Advertisement

Had a dream last night where i somehow became fast best friends with a high volume dealer :(

Posted:
  • aenematedaenemated Los Angeles, CA 536WRX Points: 663Members Posts: 536 Golden Tee

My beloved Z-Blue Milgauss; the coolest Rolex ever ... photo taken mere moments before teeing off at The Old Course

Posted:

Titleist TS4 9.5°
    Titleist TS2 FW 15°, 18°
    Titleist TS2 Hybrid 19° 22°
    Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-6
    Mizuno MP-20 MB 7-PW
    Miura 52°, 56° RTG
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

• altess27altess27 Northern MN Southpaw  854WRX Points: 99Handicap: 1.0Members Posts: 854 Golden Tee

As promised, pics of my new GS.

Posted:

• Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn  2543WRX Points: 368Members Posts: 2,543 Titanium Tees

Someday, Omega Seamaster...

Posted:
  • YevKasimYevKasim  269WRX Points: 81Members Posts: 269 Greens

My wife and I bought me an Omega AQ chrono 8500 for my 60th birthday 2 years ago. After realizing I don’t wear it enough to keep it wound, I went ahead and got the same watch but in quartz. Where do y’all think would be the best place to try to sell the chrono?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MychMych  2096WRX Points: 346Members Posts: 2,096 Platinum Tees

Finished a mod and finally tracked down the NTH I wanted

I wasn't familiar with NTH before, but those are beautiful. I've been waiting to find something sub-$1K that isn't a generic department store watch, and the price point of those ($600-750) is perfect. I'm not ready for my Omega yet, but there might be an NTH on my Christmas list this year (if my wife reads this... this one: https://nthwatches.com/collections/watches/products/amphion-commando).

Posted:
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5~ Ping Anser 4w ~ Ping G30 3h~ Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Cobra King Forged One 4-P ~ Cobra King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)  8389WRX Points: 269Handicap: 6Members Posts: 8,389 Titanium Tees

On -, @Mych said:

Finished a mod and finally tracked down the NTH I wanted

I wasn't familiar with NTH before, but those are beautiful. I've been waiting to find something sub-$1K that isn't a generic department store watch, and the price point of those ($600-750) is perfect. I'm not ready for my Omega yet, but there might be an NTH on my Christmas list this year (if my wife reads this... this one: https://nthwatches.com/collections/watches/products/amphion-commando).

They are EASILY top value for the money in the sub $1k market.

I have that one and the Devil Fox, its a fantastic Doxa like homage.

Posted:
    Matte Siver Tour SLDR 9.5° (set to 8.5°) - HC EvenFlow Black 75x 
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    TM Milled Grind 52° - HiToe 56°/62°
    Edel E-3 - P2 Classic Grip
    2016 RZN Platinum (15 dozen in the garage)
  • YevKasimYevKasim  269WRX Points: 81Members Posts: 269 Greens

My wife and I bought me an Omega AQ chrono 8500 for my 60th birthday 2 years ago. After realizing I don’t wear it enough to keep it wound, I went ahead and got the same watch but in quartz. Where do y’all think would be the best place to try to sell the chrono?

Posted:

Anyone got a hook up on Subs (or other) from ADs at MSRP?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • swoosh21swoosh21  1016WRX Points: 139Members Posts: 1,016 Platinum Tees

Would love to get a Rolex pepsi, batman or hulk one day.

Posted:
    TM M5 9.0 Driver
    TM M5 3W
    TM 770 6-PW
    TM 790 3-5
    Titleist SM7 50, 54, 60
    Scotty Cameron Newport First 500
  • beaneybeaney  240WRX Points: 92Handicap: +0.7Members Posts: 240 Fairways

Had a Sub which I bought second hand a couple of years ago. It was a lovely watch, but I could never get away from the fact that it was always an investment to me so I was scared of marking/scratching it. So I sold it (for more than I paid for it), and bought something that I’d always had my eye on. It’s a Breitling Montbrillant 01 limited edition with the blue face and strap. It’s a really comfy watch to wear, cost half that the Rolex did, and I still love the look of it. I accepted that it’ll never make money but because of that I wear it everyday, which I never did with the Rolex. Still love putting it on more than 18 months after buying it.

Posted:
    Taylormade M2 2017
    Mizuno MX700 3W
    Titleist 909h 19*
    Srixon U65 23*
    Srixon Z765 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 RTXcb 50, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
  • LowDimeLowDime  182WRX Points: 92Handicap: 13Members Posts: 182 Fairways

my baby

Posted:
  • vaca22vaca22 Commander In Beef  690WRX Points: 116Members Posts: 690 Golden Tee

I picked up a GWG-1000-1A3 which correctly (neat!) predicted stormy weather. I plan on purchasing the yellow strap and swapping it out.

Posted:
  • TitleistHOGTitleistHOG Warner Robins, GA 1707WRX Points: 145Handicap: 5.3Members Posts: 1,707 Platinum Tees

Finally made a decision for my 2nd watch. I went with this Tag.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • aussiefreddyaussiefreddy  442WRX Points: 80Members Posts: 442 Greens

I have officially caught the watch bug I think, just recently I have noticed I have been looking for watches more than golf clubs so does that make official that I have caught the bug?
    First pic is my old everyday watch which I love as it has sentimental values as well as being an awesome looking watch, it was purchased early 2000 omega speed master reduced.
    Second is my recent purchase with summer coming up in Australia I just wanted a watch That looks like a beast that I didn’t have to worry about taking it off To go for a swim on the beach.
    It’s a Oris pro diver date it’s waterproof to 1000m 3281feet with a helium release valve.
    I’ll never go down that deep but at least I know I’m not going to ruin it by swimming or surfing with it on.
    Next purchase next year I think will have to be a nice Swiss Pilot watch.

Posted:
  • JackpotJohnnyJackpotJohnny  2521WRX Points: 134Members Posts: 2,521 Titanium Tees

On -, @Buckets2 said:

If you guys had 4-5k for an everyday watch, new or used, and had nothing else in the drawer, what would you buy? Would need to be versatile enough to be paired with a suit or jeans and a t-shirt. I have my thoughts but would like to hear yours.

Within that range, pelagos hands down

Posted:

Navitimer with a leather/croc strap
    Rolex air king
    Omega moon watch
    Iwc pilots watch

Posted:
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60

Can we revive this thread please?

Posted:

Advertisement

Just bought this for my wife’s birthday.

Posted:
    TM M5 9.0 Driver
    TM M5 3W
    TM 770 6-PW
    TM 790 3-5
    Titleist SM7 50, 54, 60

On -, @Buckets2 said:

Anyone got a hook up on Subs (or other) from ADs at MSRP?

I wish I can get this.

Posted:
    TM M5 9.0 Driver
    TM M5 3W
    TM 770 6-PW
    TM 790 3-5
    Titleist SM7 50, 54, 60

You have no chance
    The gmt with the blue bezel fetching upto $18k on used market

Been offered $3k more than I paid for my sub

Rolex are buggers 😂

Posted:
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60

Advertisement
  • DivinDaveDivinDave Longview Texas 597WRX Points: 117Handicap: 13.8Members Posts: 597 Golden Tee

i didn't know this thread was here...

Man some of you guys have some nice pieces!

I've got a few watches in the box, but nothing Luxury.
    I guess the most high end one I have is a Longines L2 Day/ Date. Man what a cool watch it is

In my box

• Longines L2 Dress Watch
    • An Orient Mako Diver that I had modified with an AR Double Dome sapphire crystal, a Coin Edge bezel and a ceramic bezel insert. 41mm in Stainless and deep dark blue iridescent dial. Very nice watch!
    • An Orient Bambino 42mm Dress watch in Gold Tone with a green iridescent dial with gold indices and hands and a date.
      -A Victorianox Diver in Black. 42mm Stanless - Automatic

• Gold Tone Graf Zepplin --- Hindenberg Automatic that has some cool complications on it.

• and last a Seiko Prestige Automatic - Dress Watch in a polished 41mm SS case.

Wish List
    18K Rolex Daytona
    AP Roal Oaks
    Patek Nautilus !
    (Wishful Thinking!)

Posted:
    Experience - What's leaned just after you needed it most

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.