2014 Adams XTD Driver, FW and Forged Irons LOVEFEST Thread- Yum yum... (pics of all)

easyyy ·  
easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a HoDetroitRules Official, Administrator  12490WRX Points: 793Handicap: 4Posts: 12,490 Marshals
Time to give Adams some more love. This year we are seeing so much great equipment come out. So much new great gear is out there and many are being over looked. IMHGO we have some great products that came out of Adams this year.

Don't want to be like everyone else? Drive an Audi, Maserati, or a Subaru. Dont want to play what everyone else is this year but want to game some hi tech gear... seriously, try Adams. I have a bag in front of me that looks so good and performs. Here is a bunch of Pics for the Adams fans to give them some love.

Adams XTD Driver- (See the review on the frontpage) Flat black paint, crazy slot on the crown, larger footprint but also a deep profile. Same adaptor as TMag so make Hoin easy for us WRX'ers. I have personally tested it and could easily tweak the setup to be my gamer. There is a 55g stiff white tie in it now and I need to put something with less spin in it. The sound is NOT muted. Louder than the average driver but sounds good. Dark horse this year.

Adams XTD Ti Fairway Wood- WOWOWOW. Cannon! This is no dark horse. This was/is right next to me as I watch the tournament on tv today and I am loving it. Same satin black finish and slot on the top. I love the look of the slot. I think it frames the ball like nothing I have seen. Ti titanium face and wow... one of those long cannons. I love to hear guys say they hit their 3 wood to long. A problem I would love to have. This will be one of those exceptionally long fw woods. Tour Edge and Adams Ti are those long crazy titanium ones this year. Built it to 43" and looks perfect. Great flight and numbers from the Testing Panel support my opinion. LONG LONG LONG!

Adams XTD Pro Hybrid- Ahhh just try it. This is a all around great hybrid. Drop dead great look and it is long. We will be hearing about this all year long.

Adams XTD Forged Irons- (Read the review on the frontpage) What a unique tech story. Players iron with speed and tungsten to tweak the CG. Multi piece head that adds gap between the face the forged chassis for speed in the longer irons. I tell you when you hit them you can feel the difference. Pricey but worth a test if you get a chance to hit them. You can but 3-pw or opt for 3 and 4 iron in an optional DHY (driving iron) that makes you never want to hit a 3 or 4 iron ever again. They are small enough also to not need headcovers. Helps me not look like I am on the LPGA. The DHY are money. I shafted them in the same shafts as my 5-pw. Right now I am playing 4-pw in the irons and swapped out the 3 iron with the DHY. If Adams marketed like the otehr big boys these would be front and center for players irons.

Here are the pics. See the new WRX pin on the bottom of the bag? Nice. Just got 50 of them in.

XTD Driver-

XTD Ti Fairway (Howitzer Cannon)-

XTD Pro Hybrid-

Pro Mini-

Adams XTD Forged Irons-

Puglielli Wedge-

Comparison Pics with the TMag MC-

Posted:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho DetroitRules Official, Administrator  12490WRX Points: 793Handicap: 4Posts: 12,490 Marshals
    place holder
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tucker500tucker500 Members  886WRX Points: 97Posts: 886 Golden Tee
    How do they compare to the MC as far as forgiveness? The XTD look similar but I'm sure they feel better.

How do we score one of those WRX pins!?!?

I like it. Subtle and classic.

Posted:
  • StarFleetGolferStarFleetGolfer Members  10647WRX Points: 306Posts: 10,647 Titanium Tees
    I love the 3w, waiting for the hybrid release
    Posted:

Callaway Mavrick
    Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W
    Callaway Superhybrid
    Titleist 510 20
    Titleist T100
    Vokey SM7 54 and 60
    Scotty Cameron T22

• pullfadepullfade Members  1428WRX Points: 101Posts: 1,428 Platinum Tees
    Richard you can see from my signature I am not far behind you! Just saw the pro hybrids and the stand bag you have but I want to know where you got the satin puglielli"s??? To be honest I am tossing between the XTD and the SLDR 430....but IMO the irons are better than the TM and I like the fact the have the slot tech throughout...more consistent, once again IMO.
    Posted:
  • tinmantinman Members  2936WRX Points: 170Posts: 2,936 Titanium Tees
    I've always loved Adams equipment since the a4's & pro golds.That driver & fairway look fantastic!!!!
    Posted:
    Adams 9015D w/X con4,Ping G20 w/HD6& [color=#0000CD Mizuno JPX 900 5 & 7 woods,Mashie 3 & 4
    Bridgestone J40 DPC’s & S3 Pro’s,Mizuno S7 54 & 58
    Bettinardi SS7, BC1,Ping Anser 1968 BeCu
  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho DetroitRules Official, Administrator  12490WRX Points: 793Handicap: 4Posts: 12,490 Marshals
    tucker500 wrote:

How do they compare to the MC as far as forgiveness? The XTD look similar but I'm sure they feel better.

WRX Pins!!! We are responding to a few requests from members asking for some way to identify ourselves in the bag other than putter covers. We made some awesome bag tags and these pins that just came int eh other day. We will be offering them for free or close to. They didnt cost that much and we are looking to get them out there.

Comparison to MC? I cant answer that. I have hit them at length. They feel just incredible. I think the construction allows some face give and it feels like lead with a pop. I mean it is cool. Fitters at Carls and Miles of Golf that hit everything all day every day both asked me if I had hit them. Hummmm.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • kwooten31kwooten31 Members  2093WRX Points: 2Handicap: 9.4Posts: 2,093 Platinum Tees
    I want a GolfWRX pin too!!! Adams once again is looking awesome, really like the hybrids and irons..
    Posted:
    TM SLDR 11° Fujikura Fuel 60
    TM SLDR 15° MRC Blueboard 73x5ct
    9031DF 20°~23° Altus Black Tie, ADDI 105
    Cally RAZR X Forged 5-AW, PX flighted
    Dynacraft CNC Forged 56°&60°
    Scotty Cameron Cali Monterey
  • SchickSchick Members  632WRX Points: 0Posts: 632
    I hit the XTD Ti hybrid and it's unbelievable. Don't think I can drop $300 on a hybrid right now, but it will definitely be on my list when the price drops a little. Oh, and the pin is pretty awesome too!
    Posted:
    Cobra Amp Cell 8.5* w/ Black Tie
    TEE XCG4 15* w/ Prolaunch Red
    Adams Super LS w/ KK Black 19*
    Mizuno JPX 800 4-GW w/S300
    Cleveland 588 RTX 56*
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 15
  • tucker500tucker500 Members  886WRX Points: 97Posts: 886 Golden Tee
    easyyy wrote:

tucker500 wrote:

WRX Pins!!! We are responding to a few requests from members asking for some way to identify ourselves in the bag other than putter covers. We made some awesome bag tags and these pins that just came int eh other day. We will be offering them for free or close to. They didnt cost that much and we are looking to get them out there.

Comparison to MC? I cant answer that. I have hit them at length. They feel just incredible. I think the construction allows some face give and it feels like lead with a pop. I mean it is cool. Fitters at Carls and Miles of Golf that hit everything all day every day both asked me if I had hit them. Hummmm.

Pencil me in for a pin.

What would compare the forgiveness to? I heard a rep say they were far beyond the CMB and close to an I25 or ap2. Hard to believe, because they look very similar to CMB (in pictures).
    Posted:
  • ignitewvuignitewvu Members  2285WRX Points: 264Posts: 2,285 Platinum Tees
    The 3 wood + Diamana S+82 is heaven.
    Posted:
    SIM MAX10.5 Fujikura Evo IV 661 Stiff
    M5 15 3 Wood Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 7.3 Stiff
    Bridgestone Tour B 19 Hybrid KBS Proto 85 Stiff
    M1 3i KBS Tour 105 Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 5-PW DG AMT S300
    Taylormade MG 52 S300
    Taylormade MG2 56/8 KBS HiRev 125
    Taylormade Hi Toe 60/10 KBS HiRev 115
    Scotty Cameron TeI Newport 2 Longneck 34"
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

• shawneeshawnee Members  1274WRX Points: 112Handicap: 8.0Posts: 1,274 Platinum Tees
    must

have

these

irons
    Posted:
    TM M1 440 Fuji Atmos TS 60x
    TM M6 3w AD IZ 7x
    Titleist 816 Hybrid Fuji Speeder TS
    Srixon z745 4-P Tour DG 120
    Vokey Wedgeworks 50m / 56v / 60d KBS Hi Rev 2.0
    Cameron Newport Continental Golf Custom

Advertisement
  • nah18nah18 Members  121WRX Points: 45Posts: 121 Fairways
    I haven't hit the irons, but I just put a xtd 15 degree on an addi 7 shaft, and it is a rocket launcher. Amazing club. I also have the 19 degree hybrid, but the jury is still out. Head is hot, but not sure the stock red tie shaft works for me.

Wish there was more availability to try the driver out. My club does not carry adams and I don't feel like I get a good idea about a club hitting into a net or screen at golfsmith.

Would love to get one of those pins.....
    Posted:
    M1- AD MT
    Aeroburner Mini - ADDI7
    915 4 wood - Rogue
    816 3 hybrid - Speeder
    Srixon 545 5-w - S300
    Cleveland 48, 54
    Callaway 60
    Scotty
  • xerproxerpro Is it weird that my 3 wood has lower loft than my driver? Members  2319WRX Points: 95Handicap: 1.6Posts: 2,319 Platinum Tees
    The xtd irons are on my short list to try, but I love my tour issue mb2 too much to change.

Richard, can you compare the xtd fairway to the stage2 or sldr fairway?

Thanks

I would also be willing to purchase a pin

X
    Posted:
    Taylormade M4 9.5* AD-GP 6
    Taylormade m2 15* Motore Speeder 7.2TSX
    R15 21* Speeder 869X
    Adams XTD 5-PW Aldila Rip Tour 115
    MD4 52/58 MD3 64
    OG Scotty Cameron Futura 33"
  • PuppetmasterPuppetmaster Members  15051WRX Points: 449Posts: 15,051 Titanium Tees
    Richard, any more info on that Pug wedge? Really loving the look of the grind. The Pro hybrid and irons look awesome too. Thanks.
    Posted:
    WITB Link

Cobra King Ltd 8.5*, Speeder TS 6.2
    Callaway Steelhead 4+, Diamana Kai'li
    Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump
    Cobra Fly Z+, KBS Tour 
    Vokey 254.10, V-Grind 60*
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M
  • Beastmode BrokerBeastmode Broker Canadian AF Members  6332WRX Points: 151Handicap: 4Posts: 6,332 Titanium Tees
    want a PIN, those r awesome

man not sure where I've been but those irons are awesome, didn't even know about them! LOL!
    Posted:
    Taylormade M1 440 9.5 | Kuro Kage DC 60 X
    Taylormade M2 15 | RIP Alpha B 70 X
    Callaway XHP 20 | RIP Alpha 85 X
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW | TI DGX100 ssx1
    Callaway MD3 RAW 52S / 56W | DGS300
    Titleist Vokey SM6 RAW 58K | DGS400
    Taylormade Milled Collection Mullen 35"
  • BENNYSUPREMEBENNYSUPREME Members  2462WRX Points: 55Handicap: 9.8Posts: 2,462 Platinum Tees
    I started playing this game with the A3os. Check the Sig for what I play now. All Adams but my wedges and putter!

Oh yeah, sign me up for a pin also please!
    Posted:
    JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
    Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
    Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
    Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
    Machine M6 Inspirer
    50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
    WITB Link

Advertisement
  • resnorresnor Members  473WRX Points: 137Posts: 473 Greens
    Love the look of those irons. My ancient Nike blades are crying...

Would love to sport one of those pins...
    Posted:
  • MrTmagMrTmag Members  2384WRX Points: 40Posts: 2,384 Platinum Tees
    Gotta have one of those lapel pins it would look killer on my Adidas samba bag!
    Posted:
    tucker500 wrote:

easyyy wrote:

tucker500 wrote:

Pencil me in for a pin.

What would compare the forgiveness to? I heard a rep say they were far beyond the CMB and close to an I25 or ap2. Hard to believe, because they look very similar to CMB (in pictures).

Humm... I dont know about that. The i25 look to have significantly more perimeter weighting and much thicker soles than the XTD. However there is some for real bounce on these XTD's that will certainly help if you come in a touch early.

xerpro wrote:

The xtd irons are on my short list to try, but I love my tour issue mb2 too much to change.

Richard, can you compare the xtd fairway to the stage2 or sldr fairway?

Thanks

I would also be willing to purchase a pin

X

I will try to. I have both here.

Pins should be available for almost free in a few weeks.

Richard
    Posted:
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15 Members  11487WRX Points: 205Handicap: BabyPosts: 11,487 Titanium Tees
    That PW looks similar to the Fourteen FH1000 with that grind around the perimeter. The irons and wedges look great.. interesting.
    Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram:
    On -, @pure745
    https://www.instagram.com/pure745/
    [/font]
  • skilikemeskilikeme Members  191WRX Points: 0Posts: 191
    The whole lineup is gorgeous this year. Wow!

I'm in for a pin when they're available!
    Posted:
    G25 8.5*
    RBZ Tour 14.5*
    PING G30 4H 22*
    PING G30 5-PW CFS Stiff
    TM ATV 50*, 58*
    Scotty Studio Stainless Newport

Advertisement
  • jonn443jonn443 Jonnystx Members  4649WRX Points: 247Posts: 4,649 Titanium Tees
    I hit the XTD driver last month at a local shop. I brought my CT 2.0 in to test some shafts and after not finding any better (there), I hit the XTD driver at 10.5 with a Red Tie stiff. I prefer the look of a conventional black head so not exactly a fan of the slot in the top, though it won't stop me from gaming it (own a XTD 3t 16*). As easyyy stated, the sound is not muted abs is louder then I'd prefer but not a deal breaker. Performance is where this club was surprising. My swing was tight and off and I was not getting very good numbers with the CT 2.0 nor the SLDR for that matter. Then one of the sales guys handed me the XTD and whoa, compared to my avg with the CT 2.0 at 248 total, I was averaging 260 and belted one 271. Which that day, the way I was hitting it, was amazing. Nice high draws and pretty forgiving. I am impressed with it still and I haven't forgotten about it. Since then, I've found a very good combo in the CT 2.0 pairing it up with an original Blueboard so not completely lost without a driver right now. Not that it matters to me personally but I wish this club got more recognition on Tour and through the various websites that have done mass reviews of the top drivers of the year. All of the Adams guys are in the SLDR.. Now I know they are part of TMAG and are paid to play it but if the club really didn't give them the chance to win, I really doubt that they would game it just for the tee-up $$$.. They're getting RESULTS. My take on it.
    Posted:
    AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
    AB TP 3HL / 757
    XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
    DWS 24*/ VS Proto
    J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
    X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
    Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members  2637WRX Points: 138Handicap: 3.6Posts: 2,637 Titanium Tees
    Irons, and wedges look amazing.
    Posted:
    Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
    4 Hybrid...
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
    Ping Ketsch Mid 
  • AspiringScratchAspiringScratch Members  177WRX Points: 0Handicap: 14.4Posts: 177
    What's your opinion on the aldila tour red shafts in the hybrids?
    Posted:
  • goondawg goondawg RIP my buddy Members  1979WRX Points: 163Posts: 1,979 Platinum Tees
    I believe the LSP hybrid has come to retail as the Pro. I have an 18 in both and they are identical in every measurable. Only difference is paint.
    Posted:
  • PuppetmasterPuppetmaster Members  15051WRX Points: 449Posts: 15,051 Titanium Tees
    goondawg wrote:

I believe the LSP hybrid has come to retail as the Pro. I have an 18 in both and they are identical in every measurable. Only difference is paint.

But wasn't the LSP a titanium face? The Pro is steel but with the same thin face, slot tech as the Super 9031/Pro Mini.

The feel between my LSP 18* and black Super 9031 20* is completely different.
    Posted:
    WITB Link

Cobra King Ltd 8.5*, Speeder TS 6.2
    Callaway Steelhead 4+, Diamana Kai'li
    Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump
    Cobra Fly Z+, KBS Tour 
    Vokey 254.10, V-Grind 60*
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M

Advertisement
  • goondawg goondawg RIP my buddy Members  1979WRX Points: 163Posts: 1,979 Platinum Tees
    You are correct. Completely forgot about the LSP being Ti. My LSP is hotmelted and Pro isn't so I chalked it up to that while completely forgetting about the obvious. Regardless, the Pro hangs right with the LSP distance wise.
    Posted:
  • mattsammattsam New Orleans/Benton HarborMembers  1713WRX Points: 127Handicap: 3.2Posts: 1,713 Platinum Tees
    What wedges does Adams have that are forged? The Watson IX look nice.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS4 9.5 La Golf Ozik Tphde 7 stiff  
    Callaway Epic Flash 15 deg Graphite Design TP-7 Stiff
    Callaway epic Flash 18 deg Fujikura Ventus 7 Stiff
    Miura MC101 4 iron NS Pro Stiff
    Miura CB-301 5-gw Steelfiber 95 still
    Miura 56 K 2.0 Grind Recoil 95 stiff
    PXG Milled Zulu 60 deg S400 tour issue
    Miura KM-009 34"
    Taylormade TP5
    Adidas Boost XT 360      
  • jonn443jonn443 Jonnystx Members  4649WRX Points: 247Posts: 4,649 Titanium Tees
    mattsam wrote:

What wedges does Adams have that are forged? The Watson IX look nice.

Look at the Pugelli wedges pictured in this thread... Those are the forged offering from Adams.
    Posted:
    AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
    AB TP 3HL / 757
    XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
    DWS 24*/ VS Proto
    J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
    X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
    Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

Advertisement
  • SheriffBoothSheriffBooth Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods  4496WRX Points: 287Handicap: 2.6Posts: 4,496 Marshals
    In addition to what Richard's showcasing above, I was also very impressed with the standard XTD hybrid.

The XTD Forged irons paired with the RIP Tour 115 graphite felt amazing in my limited testing.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M6, 9.0*, Hzrdus Smoke 60 S
    Taylormade M5, 15*, Hzrdus Smoke 70 S
    Callaway Apex 3H, Kuro Kage S
    Taylormade P-790, 4-PW, Recoil 110 F4 +1"
    Taylormade MG 50, 56, 60 Recoil 110 F4 +1"
    Odyssey Armlock Doublewide, 42"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.