Inversion Table

dennis4190dennis4190 Louisville,KyMembers Posts: 557 ✭✭
Do any of you use an inversion table? Do they work? I've had back and neck issues for a long time. People have told me to try an Inversion table....any info or results would be helpful, thanks

Comments

• Chief IlliniwekChief Illiniwek Members Posts: 2,726 ✭✭
    edited Mar 26, 2014 #2
    Never tried it but after years of needing to go to the chiropractor about ten times/year a friend of mine recommended a foam roller. It's the best $18 I've ever spent, no doubt about it. There's videos on eBay to learn the technique. I get on the thing about 30 seconds per day and I haven't been to the chiropractor since the day I bought it. It's literally changed the quality of my life. Now all that said I've recommended it to a few other friends and it doesn't seem to work for everyone. But for about $20 I'd at least give it a try!

Edit: videos on YouTube, not eBay, of course
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Bill3508Bill3508 Members Posts: 695
    Yes they do work. Weve had ours for a couple years now and it really seems to help.
    Crazy 450 Crazy LY01 6.9
    3 Deep Proforce V2 75s
    Buchi 05 DI Nippon 950HT 39.5"
    Yonex Ezone Mb Nippon Super Peening Blue
    Yururi Gekko 53,61:Romaro Ray SX 58
    SeeMore mFGPcs 370g 32"
  • AimeeAimee Members Posts: 503 ✭✭
    my husband has neck issues and a pinched nerve that flares up, he bought a Saunders Medical home traction device and it works great, a bit less stressful on the back overall than an inversion table, you have to be careful with these things. If you see a chiro or other Dr. for treatment, get their opinion because it depends on the root location/cause of your issue.
    It's not how...it's how many
  • kayeartkayeart Members Posts: 6
    Have been into inversion for five yrs. .it works. Just be sure you buy a teeter they are the safest and best. Do it.
  • JustmuckitJustmuckit Members Posts: 1,420 ✭✭
    +1 on the Teeter. Built like a tank, and helps immensely. I used to have nasty sciatic pain down my left leg from two bulging disks - not anymore. Well worth the money.
  • JackpotJohnnyJackpotJohnny Members Posts: 2,498 ✭✭
    Inversion machine/table is amazing for your back.

It will change your life
  • dennis4190dennis4190 Louisville,KyMembers Posts: 557 ✭✭
    I know this topic is 4 years old but I finally went and bought a Teeter inversion table. I couldn’t even play anymore because of my back and all I can say is WOW. I got relief just testing it in the store. I’ve used it several times and I’m already feeling better. Looks like I’ll be playing again next week. I don’t know why I waited so long to get one
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,243 ClubWRX
    Inversion table user for several years, that along with the foam roller makes 6am golf doable.
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • BarfolomewBarfolomew #worstWRXer Members Posts: 1,216 ✭✭
    have one works great...
    G30 LS
    M2 BMW
    XR 4 Hybrid
    OnOffOnAgain Kuros
    Cleveland Blob
    Square Strike
    SeeMore Butts
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,305 ✭✭
    For nerve issues and spinal alignment issues, they’re great. For muscular issues, not so much.

Having had herniated discs and 2 surgeries, I tweaked my back once and tried a table. I had a muscle strain, and not my normal nerve impingement, and the table made it worse. I couldn’t stand up straight for 2 days. My advice would be to get your back thoroughly checked and diagnosed before getting on one.
  • Jab3384Jab3384 Members Posts: 641
    Just bought a teeter also... Feels like it's working after a few days, but want to give it more time to be sure.

Had a microdisectomy on my L5-S1 in February and the darn sciatic pain reared her ugly head again a couple months ago.

🤞🏻
  • cmckelvmicmckelvmi ClubWRX Posts: 104 ClubWRX
    I have a Hang-ups inversion table and I am forever grateful to have it. Anytime I feel tense, tight, or like I need to decompress my back I get in for a few minutes and it always does the trick.