Golf Ball Retriever parts

tincup753 ·  
tincup753tincup753 tincup753 17Members Posts: 17
I recently broke the head off my "I Gotcha" ball retriever. The telescoping part is still just fine and I have removed the brad that held the broken spring loaded head. My question is, is there any place I can buy replacement parts such as a new head--- I can easily repair it myself if I can just find one. I looked at the company's website and saw no such heading. I have emailed them to ask. I read one posting on Ask.com saying they were guaranteed for life and that perhaps I could take it to Golfsmith and they could repair it. Thanks for any info you can shed on this.
Posted:

Comments

• wobgonwobgon  7573Members Posts: 7,573
    What does a new one cost?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tincup753tincup753 tincup753  17Members Posts: 17
    From what I have researched this particular brand goes for $30 bucks or so plus the shipping cost.
    Posted:
  • GreenieGreenie  3520Members Posts: 3,520
    I'm not sure what I paid for mine but they are not cheap. They come in different lengths so the prices are priced according to length. $30 sounds right for the shorter length one. I think the worse part of it is the crappy head. I doesn't pick up balls very well and it will drop them. I have other types with good heads and have been thinking of taking a head off one of my others and putting it on it. I'm not a ball hunter but it's nice for grabbing your ball that is just out of reach. I hate wasting time with that head though. What makes it nice is the small retractable pole. It fits in my golf pocket and doesn't need to be in my bag with my clubs or hanging on my bag. I didn't know they have a lifetime warranty. Post back if you do get it replaced under warranty. I read some people have had problems with the pole rusting out from the inside out and breaking. Water does squirt out of mine when I retract it if I have used in it a pond.
    Posted:
  • jnradioactivejnradioactive JNRadio  2676Banned Posts: 2,676
    Call them

Phone: 1.888.400.7413
    Posted:
  • teejaywhyteejaywhy Official GolfWRX Curmudgeon  7214Members Posts: 7,214
    Maybe time to retire it. Try to realize that you look like a goob carrying a ball retriever.
    Posted:
  • tsmitherstsmithers  1109Members Posts: 1,109
    I absolutely thought this was an april fools post.
    Posted:

Advertisement

Call them

Thanks, Called " I Gotcha Golf" at the number you gave me and spoke with Mark. He could not have been nicer. He is sending me a new replacement head Free of charge! It is nice to know there are still companies out there who stand behind their product and acutally take pride in customer service.
    Posted:
    teejaywhy wrote:

Maybe time to retire it. Try to realize that you look like a goob carrying a ball retriever.
    Sorry to hear you feel that way. I thought Golfwrx was supposed to be a forum for those of us who love the game help each other instead of a place where people with too much time on their hands feel they need to criticize and look down their noses at others.
    Posted:
  • bwrichmondbwrichmond Bomb and gouge??? More like bomb, search, gouge if you find it  1206Members Posts: 1,206
    Glad you got a replacement head free of charge. My father gave me my IGotcha retriever and engraved it Happy 15th Birthday. I'll be 29 in a couple days, so it's provided me 14 years of great service. I, for one, will never retire mine and hope I'm using it on my 90th birthday!
    Posted:
    TaylorMade SLDR 430 9* with Project X 7C3 6.0
    Callaway X Hot Pro 3Deep 13* with Aldila ProtoPYPE 80 S
    TaylorMade UDI 1-iron 16* with Dynamic Gold X100
    Cleveland 588TT 4-PW with KBS C-Taper X
    Scratch 47, 51, and 56 wedges with Dynamic Gold X7 8-iron shafts
    Odyssey Metal-X 7 Mid 385g cut to 38" and counterbalanced
    TaylorMade Lethal / TaylorMade Tour Preferred X
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank  14800ClubWRX Posts: 14,800
    teejaywhy wrote:

How does if feel then when a "goob" with his retriever beats you like a drum on the scorecard?
    Posted:
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • teejaywhyteejaywhy Official GolfWRX Curmudgeon  7214Members Posts: 7,214
    tincup753 wrote:

teejaywhy wrote:

Sorry to hear you feel that way. I thought Golfwrx was supposed to be a forum for those of us who love the game help each other instead of a place where people with too much time on their hands feel they need to criticize and look down their noses at others.

Please understand. This is said with love. I'm trying to help you.
    Posted:

Advertisement

teejaywhy wrote:

How does if feel then when a "goob" with his retriever beats you like a drum on the scorecard?

As a matter of fact I shot a 79 yesterday after doubling the first hole.
    Posted:
    tincup753 wrote:

Call them

Thanks, Called " I Gotcha Golf" at the number you gave me and spoke with Mark. He could not have been nicer. He is sending me a new replacement head Free of charge! It is nice to know there are still companies out there who stand behind their product and acutally take pride in customer service.

No Problem, speaking to a human is almost always the way to go, emails are too easy to ignore or "get back to later"...
    Posted:
    teejaywhy wrote:

Thats the best part about the iGotcha's is they collapse down small enough to fit into a bag pocket so no one knows you're a "goob" I'm not fishing for others lost balls but if my PV1 is just outta reach, I'm getting it...
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank  14800ClubWRX Posts: 14,800
    tincup753 wrote:

teejaywhy wrote:

As a matter of fact I shot a 79 yesterday after doubling the first hole.

I've got a 24' retriever with a four inch "basket" on the end. It's paid for itself in quality balls. I don't have much time to use it during normal play at our course because pace is pretty good. But one year in our big scramble (where play is really, really slow) the lake levels were down quite a bit and people couldn't get down to get their balls back. I must have grabbed two dozen like new, high end balls. And it kept me entertained while waiting between shots.

If I'm a "goob", so be it, especially if it makes it easier to negioate better terms on the first tee!
    Posted:
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62

Thats the best part about the iGotcha's is they collapse down small enough to fit into a bag packet so no one knows your a "goob" I'm not fishing for others lost balls but if my PV1 is just outta reach, I'm getting it...

I'm like you--- I don't run up to every pond looking for golf balls--- only mine. However, if some "goob" who just paid $16.25 for a sleeve of PV 1's feels it is below his dignity to reach down and get his out of the lake when they are right there in plain sight, then I become a fisherman.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file