We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Bag Strap Broke - Trouble Finding Replacement

Medic ·  
MedicMedic  9422Members Posts: 9,422
I have an Ogio Atlas cart bag and I love it. Friday evening when I got home from playing I was carrying my bag in and it broke. Came apart at the seams (literally) at the top of the strap near the metal clamp. Really thick area and was really surprised it ripped/came apart. But the bag is some 5 years old, has been exposed to all sort of weather, and I have it filled with lots of stuff.

So I did a search. Google, eBay, and here - and have come up blank. I found replacement straps but they are all generic. The Ogio bag has a really large plastic buckle as opposed to small ones that seem to be the most prevalent available. For now I took the strap off of an old bag and put that large clamp on it - seems to be holding but isn't nearly as thick and stable as the original strap was.

Anyone have any idea where I can get a genuine replacement Ogio strap? I don't even care about the color - I just want that same thick quality if I can find it.

Thanks in advance,

Jim
Posted:
Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Comments

• ShamblesShambles  3548Members Posts: 3,548
    You might be able to have it resewn at a shoe or bag repair shop. Some car upholstery shops also have sewing machines for leather. Try the yellow pages.

Shambles
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MedicMedic  9422Members Posts: 9,422
    Shambles wrote:

You might be able to have it resewn at a shoe or bag repair shop. Some car upholstery shops also have sewing machines for leather. Try the yellow pages.

Shambles

Thanks! Hadn't thought of that.

Will definitely give it a try.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
    Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
    Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
    Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
    Titleist Vokey 50*
    Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
    Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
    Tad Moore TM-1 35"
    Callaway Chrome Soft

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.