(Football) Soccer thread (English Premier League, Champions League)

apple_crumble

Chelsea played awesome, Man Utd needs time to gel, good to hear Blind is coming, and in 2 weeks time for their next game, Shaw, Rojo, Blind, Di Maria and the other signings might all be well/fit enough to play together.

Di Maria showed his quality today, only Van Persie was able to receive his passes, everyone else sucked.

4-3-3 is preferred.

Wenger is his own worst enemy at this point. Needs a Striker just like he has since RVP left.

Nice for me to see Liverpool find their game this morning and show no hangover effects of the disappointing night at Man City. When Balotelli get up to full match fitness he will be a big plus for us. Sturridge looked much more dangerous up front with him on the pitch as well instead of stranded like Mon night.

Chelsea Everton will be one of the matches of the year!!!

I don't know if there's a more stubborn manager than Wenger in the world right now. Arsenal need a true defensive midfielder and a top class striker badly. Apparently they put in a bid for Remy at the last minute, but my question is why are you waiting until the last minute? Even with Giroud fit they needed another striker.

I'm really happy with what Mourinho has done with the squad. Costa and Fabregas have been brilliant and we have great depth now across the entire pitch. Remy signing is important too. He won't start tons of games but he's a great player and is more reliable than Torres and who knows what we're getting with Drogba at this point in his career. Balotelli looked really good today as well. Seems like Rodgers is going to get the best out of him.

Chelsea fan here! What a game vs Everton.

Man united about to sign Radamel falcao...

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

And they have! Finally, looks a bit more decent this team. Blind and Falcao signed.

But still it needs 2 strong CB and an extra winger I believe, as backup.

Man Utd better score a goal against QPR in 2 weeks time. Hopefully Rojo, Blind, Shaw, Di Maria and Falcao will play together. Herrera most likely won't play.

6th place could be a possibility this season.

[quote name='mnplayer' timestamp='1409531445' post='10042181']
I don't know if there's a more stubborn manager than Wenger in the world right now. Arsenal need a true defensive midfielder and a top class striker badly. Apparently they put in a bid for Remy at the last minute, but my question is why are you waiting until the last minute? Even with Giroud fit they needed another striker.

I'm really happy with what Mourinho has done with the squad. Costa and Fabregas have been brilliant and we have great depth now across the entire pitch. Remy signing is important too. He won't start tons of games but he's a great player and is more reliable than Torres and who knows what we're getting with Drogba at this point in his career. Balotelli looked really good today as well. Seems like Rodgers is going to get the best out of him.
[/quote]

Arsenal should have put in more effort and money to sign players, since they offer CL football it should be a lot easier. They need someone established from the German League.

Damn international break this week, no matches this weekend. Hope no injuries !

Driver -  PXG Gen5 0311 XF 12* - PX Cypher 50 R

5 Wood -  Taylormade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue R

Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW - True Temper S

Wedges - Titleist SM8 52* 56* 

Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Special Select - 33" 

[quote name='apple_crumble' timestamp='1409644641' post='10048503']
I have a weird vibe that Barcelona or Real Madrid will fork out a crazy sum for Costa next season.
[/quote]

I don't think he would replace any of the front men in either team. El Clasico this season will be a game to watch, its in the realms of Football Manager/FIFA team wise.

I facepalmed when Arsenal dug around the bottom of the barrel for Welbeck, then did it again when i realised he's very likely an upgrade from Giroud.

910D3 8.5* 
910F 17* 
AP2 (714) 3-PW 
Cleveland 588 Forged 50*/54*/60* 
SC Newport2 Pro Platinum

[quote name='apple_crumble' timestamp='1409644641' post='10048503']
I have a weird vibe that Barcelona or Real Madrid will fork out a crazy sum for Costa next season.
[/quote]

Costa doesn't fit in the tiki-taka system at all imo. Just look at the world Cup with spain. He's a great striker but not the type of player Barcelona needs.

[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1409700712' post='10052579']
My Manchester United Team
Best 11

======De Gea=====
Rafael=Jones=Rojo==Shaw
=======Blind===
Valencia=========Dimaria
=======Mata======
==Rooney===Falcao
[/quote]

No denying the fear they can put into people going forward but nowhere near enough steal in that squad to keep goals out of the net. Just going to get run over in midfield and have to play on the counter all the time. Lots of 3-2 wins will be needed. Rooney, RVP, Falcao, Mata, and Di Maria have to all be on the pitch or else there will be some dressing room issues.

I see Mata leaving in January or the summer. I think he's the odd man out of those 5. Rooney can't be dropped, at least one of RVP/Falcao will start, and I don't see Di Maria as a wingback working out. I don't think Mata is needed with Di Maria in the squad, this is how I see them lining up with everyone fit(assuming Van Gaal drops the 352). I think it'll be similar to what PSG played two years ago, 442/4222.

[indent=8]De Gea[/indent]
[indent=6]Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw[/indent]
[indent=6] Herrera Blind [/indent]
[indent=5] Di Maria Valencia[/indent]
[indent=6] Rooney Falcao[/indent]

Longtime United supporter, but watch as many games in all European leagues as I can. Anybody else hate the early International break? Drives me insane.

TaylorMade Sim2 9.5* Fujikura Ventus Black Velacore 6x
TaylorMade Sim2 Ti 15* Graphite Design Tour AD TP 7X
Mizuno Pro FliHi 3i Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX
Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4-GW DG X100

TaylorMade MG3 54, 58 
Bettinardi BB1 Limited Blackout 
#InsideTMag2013 

Man U is a mess. I really don't understand what they are doing. They had Rooney, RVP and Welbeck to back them up. Now they drop welbeck and add falcao who is potentially going to cause a bunch of drama up front. Didn't Rooney just get done having a fit last season? Also, RVP is a boss, don't need to make him angry.

Don't even get me started on the defense. Really don't understand that. LOL My guess is Blind might end up playing some left back or LWB. He looked really good going forward from there during the World Cup.

All that said I wish the hammers had United's first world problems.

[quote name='RedDevilWheezy' timestamp='1409872554' post='10066359']
Longtime United supporter, but watch as many games in all European leagues as I can. Anybody else hate the early International break? Drives me insane.
[/quote]

I hate all international breaks.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]

Costa injured. Withdrew from Spain squad. I hate international breaks!!!!

I hate international breaks, and how Plantini said it is part of their fifa statue that players are not allowed to sit out on those duties, what a load of crap.

Di Maria, Blind, Rojo, and Falcao better not get injured. I think some players should just fake their injuries with club doctors helping them.
Look at Costa, fantastic player, get's injured for Spain. Hope he recovers quick.

Also, I want Man United to buy 2 new defenders (CB preferred) in Jan. For some who say they should sell Mata, I say no, keep him in case Di Maria gets injured.

I think my picture gives it away, I'm in the middle of it ha ha. Only live 15 minutes walk from old Trafford, so United is in the blood. Been a season ticket holder (Stretford ender) since about '84......Been spoilt since 91 but last season was a reality check but I'm confident United will be bounce back. However, the fergie dominance will never happen again

[quote name='scruffynick' timestamp='1410361408' post='10095169']
I think my picture gives it away, I'm in the middle of it ha ha. Only live 15 minutes walk from old Trafford, so United is in the blood. Been a season ticket holder (Stretford ender) since about '84......Been spoilt since 91 but last season was a reality check but I'm confident United will be bounce back. However, the fergie dominance will never happen again
[/quote]

Damn I envy you for football watching, but feel bad for your golf weather haha :)

Driver -  PXG Gen5 0311 XF 12* - PX Cypher 50 R

5 Wood -  Taylormade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue R

Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW - True Temper S

Wedges - Titleist SM8 52* 56* 

Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Special Select - 33" 

[quote name='JWells' timestamp='1410364593' post='10095485']
[/quote]

Damn I envy you for football watching, but feel bad for your golf weather haha :)
[/quote]

Been a cracking summer to be fair, Sept has been great and the Ryder cup shoukd be on now as in 2 weeks in Scotland it will be cold and wet. But my kids do more damage to golf than United......and the wife but at least she supports United too ha ha

[quote name='apple_crumble' timestamp='1410242110' post='10088055']
I hate international breaks, and how Plantini said it is part of their fifa statue that players are not allowed to sit out on those duties, what a load of crap.

Di Maria, Blind, Rojo, and Falcao better not get injured. I think some players should just fake their injuries with club doctors helping them.
Look at Costa, fantastic player, get's injured for Spain. Hope he recovers quick.

Also, I want Man United to buy 2 new defenders (CB preferred) in Jan. For some who say they should sell Mata, I say no, keep him in case Di Maria gets injured.
[/quote]

International breaks are so awful. I was born in South Africa, now living in North Carolina, so taking interest in the international game outside of the WC is tough for me. The Euros are Gold Cup are okay, I suppose/

Newcastle fan since I was about 5 or 6 years old, 26 now. Dad is a Liverpool fan, I changed sides when I saw NUFC knock them off on a random Saturday in the early 90s.

[/quote]

You're so lucky! I think the gaal-lacticos will last a few years before another great comes along.

[quote name='bafana87' timestamp='1410464110' post='10102903']
[quote name='apple_crumble' timestamp='1410242110' post='10088055']

[/quote]

International breaks are so awful. I was born in South Africa, now living in North Carolina, so taking interest in the international game outside of the WC is tough for me. The Euros are Gold Cup are okay, I suppose/

Newcastle fan since I was about 5 or 6 years old, 26 now. Dad is a Liverpool fan, I changed sides when I saw NUFC knock them off on a random Saturday in the early 90s.
[/quote]

They are awful indeed! They cause injuries and they don't compensate the clubs.