Colorado WRX 2014

pseudoswede

So, um, everyone enjoying the snow? :)

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i've played 2 rounds this year. Looks like warmer weather is coming though. Any know of any courses in the area (~an hours drive) that are open and not covered in snow? I'm itching to play.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

This arrived in my e-mail today...

[u]2014 Premier Foursome Pass[/u]

One round each at Omni Interlocken, Fossil Trace, Highlands Ranch Golf Club, and Green Valley Ranch for $259.

Valid anytime Monday through Thursday, and anytime after 1:30pm on Sundays.

Purchase at any four pro shops.

My neighbor invited me to play Blackstone yesterday. Sadly, I had to decline because I had to take an exam. :( (At least I got an A. :))

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1392663726' post='8687457']
My neighbor invited me to play Blackstone yesterday. Sadly, I had to decline because I had to take an exam. :( (At least I got an A. :))
[/quote]

Blackstone is a fun track. My buddy (former co-worker) works as a weekend marshal out there and Black Bear. I've had a chance to play both and they were in really good shape last year. Cannon Gate is the new ownership group out there and they seem to be willing to pay to maintain the courses. I just wish they were closer to my house I might think about joining one of them.

[quote name='pleepers303' timestamp='1392081720' post='8640675']
Any of you guys play CGA tourneys? Never done it and definitely been thinking about it. Cheers!
[/quote]

Hey Pleepers, Yes I have played in a couple CGA events and they're good tourneys. My experiences thought me that they bring out better talent, so you're going to need your best game if you're thinking about playing one. I'm looking at possibly playing more of them this year if I can get my game in order. I've also been looking into the GolfGalaxy Am Tour. Has anyone ever played in the Colorado events?

[quote name='beatenpath' timestamp='1393815229' post='8784234']
Hey Pleepers, Yes I have played in a couple CGA events and they're good tourneys. My experiences thought me that they bring out better talent, so you're going to need your best game if you're thinking about playing one. I'm looking at possibly playing more of them this year if I can get my game in order. I've also been looking into the GolfGalaxy Am Tour. Has anyone ever played in the Colorado events?
[/quote]

A few guys in my golf league/club play in the GGAT tourneys--and are members of Canongate (when the heck do they work?! :D). One even qualified for the national tournament at Sawgrass.

If you're interested in the golf league/club I'm a member of (see web address in my signature), feel free to send me a message. In the past, the club championship has been held at Castle Pines Golf Club. This year, it will be held at Colorado Golf Club.

Got a sweet bonus at work, so I'm going to use some of that towards a range membership at Meridian Golf Club starting on April 1. Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

With ski season coming to a close in the next month or so, I'm starting to get excited to play some golf again. I recently got on a 9/80 schedule, so I get every other Friday off - stoked! I'm hoping I can get my game back to pre-kids days lol. I made some good strides last year, but now it's time to hit it hard.

Awesome news Swede about the bonus and range membership. I'm loosely trying to get a job in that area, so a range membership would be sweet.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Unfortunately, due to work, school, and life, I've only been able to hit the ski slopes three times so far this season. #2 and #3 were this past weekend. :( Fortunately, I only paid for the cheapo Keystone/A-Basin pass, but I'll still be taking advantage of every possible weekend through April (maybe May*) to ski as much as I can. I'll use my range membership during my lunch hour during the week to get my swing back.

* - hmmmm, first golf league tournament is May 4 at HEB.

• 2 months later...

Breckenridge Golf Course has a promotion going on right now. $71 for 18 holes, cart, and range balls. Valid all of June. Call pro shop to book tee time and mention the "Par 71" promotion.

Wish it was valid in July. Heading up there for the Keystone Wine Festival.

• 1 month later...

It looks like both Deer Creek and Plum Creek have been purchased by Billy Casper Golf Inc. Both courses have fantastic layouts (Plum Creek is Pete Dye-designed, was once owned by the TPC, and was a regular stop on the Senior PGA Tour, for crying out loud), but both have been in a horrible state of disrepair for a good decade. The last time I was at Deer Creek about two years ago, the Head Pro was responsible for the Pro Shop, the bar, AND the kitchen!

Hopefully we'll see a turn-around at both courses and add two more desperately-needed courses for anyone's rotation in the south metro area.

• 2 weeks later...

Played plum creek on Friday. It's in good shape. However the greens were running very slow.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Finally got to play CommonGround last Sunday. What a fantastic course. And I absolutely love the legit par 4's (playing from the gold tees). My game was not there; and to make matters worse, my booming drives took unlucky bounces into the deep fairway bunkers more times than I cared for.

I was supposed to play all 27 at Fox Hollow this Sunday with the golf league, but I forgot that I'm going camping this weekend. :( Oh well, Murphy Creek on deck on 8/10.

• 4 weeks later...

My shorter-than-anticipated golf season may have officially come to an end. I've been offered an interesting opportunity in a rather obscure sport (at least in US) to participate in the US Championships at the Olympic Training Center in the Springs. That means training on the weekends until the event.

[url="http://www.usafloorball.org/about-floorball/what-is-floorball/"]Floorball[/url]

A respectable sports website (can't remember which one) called it one of the 10 best sports you've never heard of.

Correct and thanks. The kicker is that you aren't allowed to touch the other player--even lifting an opponent's stick is illegal. So it's all about ball/stick control, crisp passing, and lucky bounces.

Found the article...

[url="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2006921-the-coolest-sports-youve-never-heard-of/page/3"]http://bleacherrepor...heard-of/page/3[/url]

Anyone going to the BMW Championships this week/weekend?

Forgot to check this before the weekend. i was out there on Tuesday and Sunday. Agree with forecast, loved the course. now to find a member so I can play... anyone got Chauncey's number?

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1405354461' post='9697565']
It looks like both Deer Creek and Plum Creek have been purchased by Billy Casper Golf Inc. Both courses have fantastic layouts (Plum Creek is Pete Dye-designed, was once owned by the TPC, and was a regular stop on the Senior PGA Tour, for crying out loud), but both have been in a horrible state of disrepair for a good decade. The last time I was at Deer Creek about two years ago, the Head Pro was responsible for the Pro Shop, the bar, AND the kitchen!

Hopefully we'll see a turn-around at both courses and add two more desperately-needed courses for anyone's rotation in the south metro area.
[/quote]

Unfortunately they were not bought by Billy Casper Golf. They are in bankruptcy and BCG is just running them this year. I actually met one of the homeowners from the area that sits on the HSA bankruptcy committee in a bar a week or so ago and she stated that after a year the land will be sold to the highest bidder. Not very promising.

It didn't help that BCG came in and started charging market rates. The course itself is worth it but there is no restaurant, the range is poor, the clubhouse is falling apart, no clubs or leagues. They are charging almost $6000 for a full couple membership and that doesn't include range balls.

I hope they survive since I live 10 minutes away.

[quote name='AndyLL' timestamp='1411288698' post='10156205']

[/quote]

Unfortunately they were not bought by Billy Casper Golf. They are in bankruptcy and BCG is just running them this year. I actually met one of the homeowners from the area that sits on the HSA bankruptcy committee in a bar a week or so ago and she stated that after a year the land will be sold to the highest bidder. Not very promising.

It didn't help that BCG came in and started charging market rates. The course itself is worth it but there is no restaurant, the range is poor, the clubhouse is falling apart, no clubs or leagues. They are charging almost $6000 for a full couple membership and that doesn't include range balls.

[/quote]

Yea there's no way I would pay for the unlimited membership. I did buy the $100/annual card that gets you a free round and then $10 off every round and earlier twilight rates. I think they call it the Advantage Card.

It will be a shame if the course ends up getting sold to a developer who will demo some or all of it. It really is a great track. Would love to get a men's club or league going there if not.

• 2 months later...

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and I wish everyone a Merry Chriswanzanukkah. In 12 days, after seven years of toiling, I'll be finally done with grad school with two Master's degrees. Looking forward to a lengthy, enjoyable golf season next year--and many years afterwards. Unlike my promise earlier this year, I will be buying a range membership at Meridian.

See you all in 2015. Let skiing season begin!

Congrats on the degrees!! FYI: The golf season isn't over. Played the AFA on Friday wearing shorts. FYI2 : it was $10 to walk the blue course.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

• 3 months later...

[quote name='forecast6236' timestamp='1411307176' post='10156719']
[quote name='AndyLL' timestamp='1411288698' post='10156205']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea there's no way I would pay for the unlimited membership. I did buy the $100/annual card that gets you a free round and then $10 off every round and earlier twilight rates. I think they call it the Advantage Card.

It will be a shame if the course ends up getting sold to a developer who will demo some or all of it. It really is a great track. Would love to get a men's club or league going there if not.
[/quote]

Bear dance bought Plum Creek.

Hopefully they'll fix it up and offer some decent membership packages.