Cool Tattoo's!

SatelliteGuy

[quote name='bunana3' timestamp='1410476521' post='10104039']
No tattoos here, but I appreciate and love the artistry. I just havn't found anything I like enough to get permanently marked on my body and since I am 32 now, the door is probably shutting on me quickly.

I worked in a prison for 7 years and I have found a few things to be consistent:

1. If you have any tattoos on your face, you probably have a personality that gets you punched in the face often.
2. If you have tattoos on the neck, you want people to think that you are tougher than you are (your dead cousin doesn't care that you tattooed his name on neck). Nobody else cares about your dead cousin either. (although black guys pull it off better than white guys).
3. If you have any tattoos that can be covered up with a banana hammock, you are either on a sex offender registry somewhere or will be (I'm talking about men here)

But like previous posters have said, its about moderation. Like it or not, you will be judged by your tattoos, what would you think about someone who has a "Devo 1982 world tour" tattoo on their forearm? Be original, because before you know it, certain tattoo trends eventually coencide with douchbaggery ie, barbedwire or tribal. My fear has always been to walk down the street and see someone who has the same as me (my hypothetical tattoo).
[/quote]

I'm not so sure the prison population is an accurate barometer for any segment of the population.

My experience says that most of the people with HIGH QUALITY artwork done by a true professional are the exact opposite of what you describe...

I think a buddy said it best once when talking about marijuana...

Weed doesn't make you stupid, it's just a coincidence stupid people smoke weed.

9.5 Opti440 - Fujikura Rombax 5Wo6 X

Taylormade 17.9 4 wood - NVX (X)
Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uwhf.jpg

That's my stomach outlined, I've had the blacks added but it isn't colored yet. As you can see my chest and my side aren't finished, I'm going to outline the other side of my stomach and then color in my whole front right up to the base of my throat.

poci.jpg

Thats the sand hornet

47na.jpg

Abe

f0lg.jpg

John Wilkes Booth

Thats enough for now, as you can probably guess I've got A LOT more but I think these are some of my favorites for now. I make a living doing body piercings, I know it seems like a joke of a job to most people but believe it or not I make pretty good money and get to look exactly how I want with no questions. We work in the afternoons so plenty of morning golf time and get to hang out with my buddies all day. Not bad not bad at all. Hope you guys like them!

The torso tat looks amazing! must have felt like a massage on the ribs lol j/k seriously though looks wicked.

I'm curious about the Abraham Lincoln....

Sometimes there's a story behind Tattoos...

My sleeve is a homage to people at work calling me a machine...

I can put 6/7 installs in the dirt in a day and not look like I did a thing... And they are identical... Super high quality... Methods no one else uses...

They call my installs The Assembly Line.... And I'm the machine....

Anyone else have a cool story behind one....

Not that my story is all that cool...

Just sayin!

:)

Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

[quote name='Ness' timestamp='1411224313' post='10152643']
[quote name='Jim Clark' timestamp='1411223720' post='10152607']
Simple tattoos are fine. IMHO, people who tattoo 50+% of their bodies are freaks.
[/quote]

I quit looking at this thread because of the troll post outbreak. Come back, still going strong.
[/quote]

No kidding.

It's one of those, "I've got an opinion but no need to share it as it adds nothing to the conversation" moments...

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1411238143' post='10153419']
[quote name='Ness' timestamp='1411224313' post='10152643']
[quote name='Jim Clark' timestamp='1411223720' post='10152607']
Simple tattoos are fine. IMHO, people who tattoo 50+% of their bodies are freaks.
[/quote]

I quit looking at this thread because of the troll post outbreak. Come back, still going strong.
[/quote]

No kidding.

It's one of those, "I've got an opinion but no need to share it as it adds nothing to the conversation" moments...
[/quote]

It's not even that.

Opinions are fine. But I'm sure some of our members have 50+% of their body covered, so to call them freaks is pretty uncalled for and very childish. Just because you have the option of free speech, doesn't mean you should exercise it to degrade others.

I'm just wondering, like with the last " Random Thought "...

Does this guy also wander into a Jacked Up Truck party and say...

HEY... 3 inches is a good lift.... But anyone over that is over compensating for a small " SHOCK ABSORBER "

Randomly insertin one's opinion when it isn't called for or appropriate is weird...

A better way to say things would have been...

Hey! I'm not a huge fan of major coverage but I do enjoy smaller, less visible tattoos...

And by the way..... Anyone who judges another for their appearance isn't a freak..... But... There is a label for that behavior..

It's called a Bigot.

:)

Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

The fast story on the Abe Lincoln is in my opinion (yes my opinion no need to make this a political debate) we'd be a hell of a lot better off with him in office now. I don't like what is going on in this country and I think he's the best true example of what we need, the other reason is he's the reason everyone is being treated as equal as possible, white black brown yellow purple male female short tall etc. He stood for equality and did what no one else would for the slaves, Abe is the man again in my opinion.
I'm ok with the people calling me a freak, it's quite easy to tell who's genuine when you look like I do. The look of disgust is hard to hide, if you're not willing to let me get a sentence in before you've judged me as a scum bag then I'm not interested in talking with them either. I've got two boys and it's very easy to show examples of discrimination, and to teach them how to be bigger people. Judge people based on their merit, their character and how they act. Forget what they look like or who they are and treat them based on their attitude. No one is handing respect out for free and it shouldn't be granted to those too ignorant to see through a little ink and metal.

Callaway XR16 Pro 9* Fujikura Speeder Evolution II TS 65 S
TaylorMade M1 17* Fujikura Pro 70 S
Srixon Z45h 19* Aldila Rouge Black 85S
Srixon 745 4-P Tour Issue S400
Bettinardi Soft Carbon Stinger Raw 51*-55*-59* KBS HiRev Tour
Bettinardi Soft Carbon Half Moon Raw 33.5"
Srixon Z Star

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='Jaws2525' timestamp='1419651262' post='10645565']
Awesome thread. Here's mine from my session a couple months ago.
[/quote]

Is there a story or just an impulse?

I've got a giant scorpion on my back... I always say it's because my wife is a Scorpio and she's always on my back about something but I got the tattoo before we even started dating... :)

Good stuff man... Sensitive area too

Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

Always wanted a great white tattoo. After years of finding the right design and my arist, I decided on to get the baddest great white of them all. After we talked there was a three month wait for my guy so after it was all done it came out exactly how I wanted. We finished off my half sleeve with a great white's jaw bone to wrap around my arm. But after everything was said and done I couldn't have been happier.

[quote name='ButchE' timestamp='1410388372' post='10097753']
[quote name='SatelliteGuy' timestamp='1410314960' post='10093053']
[quote name='ButchE' timestamp='1410266614' post='10088649']
not a fan of ink....
[/quote]

So...

If you're a Ford guy....

Do you randomly stop by Chevy car dealerships....open the door.... Scream.... I HATE CHEVY....

Then leave without another word...

It's like drive by hate speech...

Odd duck this Butch fella...
[/quote]

not really....many inksters in the family...even my Dad has one from the Navy for crossing some zone.....just never saw the attraction to put a permanent mark on my body...not that there's not some good artists doing it...my neice does tats...pure artistry....and , if you tatties can make a statement with ink(which is exactly what you do), I can make one with words....last time I checked freedom of speech was still allowed..I know I gave 3 yrs so EVERYONE could have it !!
[/quote]

You do have freedom of speech, but that amendment covers your freedom of speech against the government, not private entities, organizations, persons, etc. Know what you're fighting to protect...

With that out of the way, I have zero tats. Can't ever seem to find anything I'd want forever. I've often said when my mother passes, I will get my first, her signature on the inside of my biceps. Love looking at them and watching all of the shows, though.

Never understood the desire to do this. In my early 30's without any tattoos but friends and family members have them; the majority seem to regret the decision.

If you believe in something that much, do you really need to cut it into your skin? What about just using the underlying mantra for your mental strength?

Spare me the art argument. I've seen enough paw prints and baby feet to put all the masterpieces to shame.

At the end of the day it seems like a good way to let people know you were able to scrape some cash together.

[quote name='RiskyBusiness' timestamp='1419733240' post='10649177']
Never understood the desire to do this. In my early 30's without any tattoos but friends and family members have them; the majority seem to regret the decision.

If you believe in something that much, do you really need to cut it into your skin? What about just using the underlying mantra for your mental strength?

Spare me the art argument. I've seen enough paw prints and baby feet to put all the masterpieces to shame.

At the end of the day it seems like a good way to let people know you were able to scrape some cash together.
[/quote]
Way to come in with some great insight. Very good contribution into the thread about having cool tattoos.

Here is something for you. Good luck with your sale when you post it. Lots of posts today about nothing to get you to 75.

[quote name='Jaws2525' timestamp='1419709464' post='10647669']
Always wanted a great white tattoo. After years of finding the right design and my arist, I decided on to get the baddest great white of them all. After we talked there was a three month wait for my guy so after it was all done it came out exactly how I wanted. We finished off my half sleeve with a great white's jaw bone to wrap around my arm. But after everything was said and done I couldn't have been happier.
[/quote]

Shark looks good. Maybe get Brody, Quint and Hooper on the other arm ; )

I wanted to get a tattoo but my Mom never let met.

But, in their place, I have the same stretch marks as you from benching 490 back in the day!

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1419738255' post='10649631']
[quote name='Jaws2525' timestamp='1419709464' post='10647669']
[/quote]

Shark looks good. Maybe get Brody, Quint and Hooper on the other arm ; )

I wanted to get a tattoo but my Mom never let met.

But, in their place, I have the same stretch marks as you from benching 490 back in the day!
[/quote]

Haha thanks. 490 is madness weight. Im not in the over 400 club yet but maybe one day.

SG,

I tuned in to this thread last night after perusing the putter forum. Drifted off to sleep after putting the baby to sleep at 2 am and had a vivid tattoo nightmare. I was in a tattoo shop receiving my first tattoo from a woman named Delilah. I was in a great deal of pain as Delilah inked the inside of my bicep. When the deed was done she brought me a mirror and I took a gander. On the inside of my arm was the image of a 'putter', but this wasn't a traditional putter shape. Picture an 8802 style shaped like a squirrel. The head was at the end of the toe and the tail was the hosel that attached to the flange. I woke up to the sounds of my older son coughing. Freakin' nightmare. I think I'm spending too much time in the Forums before bed.

Love the tattoos ladies and gents. I wonder if any of these designs were conceived in a dream?

Please keep the images coming. It's a pleasure to live vicariously through you : )

Happy New Year.

Mike.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1419817134' post='10653273']
SG,

I tuned in to this thread last night after perusing the putter forum. Drifted off to sleep after putting the baby to sleep at 2 am and had a vivid tattoo nightmare. I was in a tattoo shop receiving my first tattoo from a woman named Delilah. I was in a great deal of pain as Delilah inked the inside of my bicep. When the deed was done she brought me a mirror and I took a gander. On the inside of my arm was the image of a 'putter', but this wasn't a traditional putter shape. Picture an 8802 style shaped like a squirrel. The head was at the end of the toe and the tail was the hosel that attached to the flange. I woke up to the sounds of my older son coughing. Freakin' nightmare. I think I'm spending too much time in the Forums before bed.

Love the tattoos ladies and gents. I wonder if any of these designs were conceived in a dream?

Please keep the images coming. It's a pleasure to live vicariously through you : )

Happy New Year.

Mike.
[/quote]

Never had anything from a dream inspire a tattoo... I do have my next one in mind though...

So here's a little detail..

My wife is half black/half Jewish.... ( I know, sounds like a bar joke )

She makes by far, hands down the best cheesecake... Homemade, from scratch, on the planet...

Even a friend who's wife worked at the CheeseCake Factory said they couldn't touch em.... She could sell em for a 100.00 and wouldn't be able to keep up... Everyone we know BEGS for invites... Anyways.... ( can ya tell I'm a little proud of HER skills... Such a wimp )

She's also a raging a-hole.... Just how it is folks... My wife... I can say it... :)

She loves her Bersa, loves it...

Great figure, gorgeous...

So here's my next tattoo...

I'm gonna have a pin-up version of the wife.... With gun holsters on.... A bandana like an old bank robber.., seriously skimpy outfit... But full coverage... Holding a cheesecake in one hand and a pistol in the other....

Back of the leg... From ankle to knee!

Better than a name and still explainable if she gets rid of me...!

:lol:

Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

[/quote]

The majority seem to regret them?

So these are people with image issues, who have no idea how to remain positive about their own decisions, who obviously got something that had more meaning at the time and now has very little, something incredibly superficial in other words...

Spare you the Art argument? Spared.... No need to speak to someone ignorant about art.... About said subject... It's like talking to a Coffee Barista about rebuilding a transmission... Lots of dull looks, confusion, and frustration.... So you are spared the rough one..

To suggest one has to SCRAPE together cash for a tattoo implies something about the nature of said person's finances and also implies you know very little about tattoo pricing or what it takes...

In other words.. There was an overwhelming amount of ignorance in your statements and as several people have found out... Wandering in here making assumptions about who we are, what we do this for, our social or economic status is probably going to gain you very little and just end up resulting in a poor exchange of words.... And lastly...

Just like the other Fellas who wandered in...

If you don't like Tattoos.... Why even read, respond, and utilize your time in here?

It's not a thread called " What do you think of Tattoos? "

It's called Cool Tattoos.....

It's about hooligans sharing with other hooligans and enjoying our involvement in a VERY LARGE portion of today's culture...

So thanks for stopping by...

We appreciate your input!

Have an awesome day!

Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

I have always wanted to get some tattoos but it always seems like something else comes up instead.

The last time I was really itching to get some ink done, I decided I wanted to start playing golf...

Ping G30 SFT (RIp Alpha)
Taylormade Jetspeed 3 Wood (RIP Alpha)
Taylormade SLDR 5 Wood (Kai'li)
Ping G25 (4-U) (Nippon 950gh)
Taylormade ATV 58*
Bettinardi Signature 6

[quote name='SatelliteGuy' timestamp='1419835548' post='10654223']
SG,

Happy New Year.

Mike.
[/quote]

Never had anything from a dream inspire a tattoo... I do have my next one in mind though...

She makes by far, hands down the best cheesecake... Homemade, from scratch, on the planet...

Even a friend who's wife worked at the CheeseCake Factory said they couldn't touch em.... She could sell em for a 100.00 and wouldn't be able to keep up... Everyone we know BEGS for invites... Anyways.... ( can ya tell I'm a little proud of HER skills... Such a wimp )

She's also a raging a-hole.... Just how it is folks... My wife... I can say it... :)

I'm gonna have a pin-up version of the wife.... With gun holsters on.... A bandana like an old bank robber.., seriously skimpy outfit... But full coverage... Holding a cheesecake in one hand and a pistol in the other....

[/quote]

I don't know, sounds like a dream to me. Cheese cake, beautiful women and responsible gun ownership. I'm in : )

Look forward to the finished result SG. Big pin-up fan. In the Great White North they wear parkas, toques, snow pants, gloves and boots. What's underneath is left to the imagination. Let's you focus on their pretty faces.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1419866074' post='10655011']
[quote name='SatelliteGuy' timestamp='1419835548' post='10654223']
SG,

Happy New Year.

Mike.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't know, sounds like a dream to me. Cheese cake, beautiful women and responsible gun ownership. I'm in : )

Look forward to the finished result SG. Big pin-up fan. In the Great White North they wear parkas, toques, snow pants, gloves and boots. What's underneath is left to the imagination. Let's you focus on their pretty faces.
[/quote]

I wouldn't be adverse to parkas... U zipped with something awesome underneath... Clothing wise.... But when the face is going be all but absent... Fully clothed and no face would defeat the pinup motif to me... Cause you gotta have one or the other.... Smokin face or smokin body..!

I will post pics as always when it's done!

Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

[/quote]

How about this beauty?

Go back to the Ferrari forum and tell them all about how your Porsche is a far superior driving machine, even though you don't drive the Turbo or GT3, you absolute turd.

[quote name='Gripit_Swiftit' timestamp='1419906473' post='10658227']

[/quote]

How about this beauty?

Go back to the Ferrari forum and tell them all about how your Porsche is a far superior driving machine, even though you don't drive the Turbo or GT3, you absolute turd.
[/quote]

I think my favorite part was the scrape together money comment...

I would wage he has ZERO concept of the prices of the real artists out there.... Those picture parlors who cater to 50/100 dollar walk ins is what this guy thinks we're engaging in....

Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

[quote name='Gripit_Swiftit' timestamp='1419906473' post='10658227'][quote name='RiskyBusiness' timestamp='1419733240' post='10649177']

[/quote]

How about this beauty?

Go back to the Ferrari forum and tell them all about how your Porsche is a far superior driving machine, even though you don't drive the Turbo or GT3, you absolute turd.[/quote]

This might be one of my favorite posts on WRX ever lol. It's a simple and absolutely perfect rebuttal.

I just can't get over Jaws' tattoo of a great white on the inside of his arm. That would have to be two bottles of Jack before I could sit through that session. It looks outstanding.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter