All Things Michigan Golf....the Mulligan (MOD EDIT: NO POLITICS, NO COVID-19, NO ECONOMICS)

Openwater22

Welcome to the thread SRT8. You'll find everybody open to playing together whenever the opportunity arises.
Based on your screen name, are you involved in the auto industry? Asking cause GBone and I are as well.

Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D

[quote name='Openwater22' timestamp='1412474672' post='10237361']Welcome to the thread SRT8. You'll find everybody open to playing together whenever the opportunity arises.
Based on your screen name, are you involved in the auto industry? Asking cause GBone and I are as well.[/quote]

thanks for the welcome! glad to hear, sounds like a great group of guys and that's all you can really ask for, I love getting out and trying new courses when I can so great to hear! and yes I am a bit not and hopefully more in the future.

Here's a quick synopsis on me, played golf one year at Hope college back in 08, loved it but after my fathers passing just before I left it didn't make monetary sense for me to stay there. so left and spent a few years at state but never felt at home, but then worked at Cauley Ferrari in West Bloomfield, helping run their detail department. but then decided to go back to school and now I attend U of M in dearborn as now they integrate schools from each school (Ann arbor/dearborn). but now to help pay for school I do high end detailing and paint corrections (removing scratches, swirls etc). but also do a lot of work with Lingenfelter as I am close friends with the owners. but lately I have a few friends that are calibration engineers at SRT and I have been looking into a internship at SRT. one reason being is I drive. Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, and after spending a bit of time with Ralph Gilles I really enjoyed the energy he had for the company and am thinking about them for employment, among others of course. but yes from Ferrari I have had the pleasure of driving every Ferrari made from early 80's until present, which was pretty cool at 23.

[quote name='Sweet' timestamp='1412432615' post='10234323']
:scenic:

[color=#282828]ok boys....I had told 3JP at the Mid Am that I had a story for him (and never got the chance to explain) so I'm gonna put it out here.[/color]
[color=#282828]I am moving to AZ (Phx/Scottsdale area)![/color]
[color=#282828]Wife got transferred and it makes sense for my biz too.[/color]
[color=#282828]So......I have ALOT of shafts mostly pulls that have actually never been hit. also they are mostly regs and stiffs but I believe I have a few X's also (but few)[/color]
[color=#282828]I also have a ton of Driver heads (altho none of them are current models)[/color]
[color=#282828]I really don't want to have to take ALL of them with me, so if you guys are looking for some deals to experiment with PM me asap and I will go thru my stock and try to help out anyone I can.[/color]
[color=#282828]Not gonna give them away but these will be GOOD deals.[/color]
[color=#282828]Let me know.[/color]
:partytime2:
[color=#282828]Year round golf here I come!!!! [/color]
[/quote]

Congrats on the move, hey at least your 2 hours away from the mountain resorts in Flagstaff too.

Southern Dunes is good, really good actually and We-Ko-Pa Saguaro

Ping G400 LST 8.5° ~ AD-IZ 6s
Titleist 915 16.5° F ~ AD-GT 7s
Titleist 915 21° H ~ AD-DI 85s
Epon AF-302 4-PW ~ Recoil Proto 110s
Miura 1957 51°| 55° | 59° ~ Recoil Proto 110s
EVNRoll ER3

[quote name='MichiganSRT8' timestamp='1412472503' post='10237125']
[quote name='FSCMatt' timestamp='1412470958' post='10236985']
On Wednesday I'm playing Wuskowhan Players Club. The guys I'm playing with say it's awesome. What should I practice on leading up to the round?
[/quote]

Hey Matt! I'm newer here but thought I would chime in since Wuskowhan was my home course while I played at Hope College, even though it was just a year. Honestly quickly became one of the favorite courses I ever played and really unhappy that I had to leave the school and haven't got to play it since. Really if the course is in as good condition as they kept it while I was there just make sure your irons are on point, oddly enough irons were my problem my freshman year mostly but still loved every round there. Beautiful course, and tipped out makes it quite difficult. I know it doesn't help much but id say most of all just try to look around and enjoy it, one of the most beautiful courses around IMO.

[/quote]

When I played at Hope, we had to play at Winding Creek.

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

[quote name='Openwater22' timestamp='1412477538' post='10237529']
Wow! Feel bad for you UM guys.
[/quote]

UM should have won that game. They got screwed on their last drive, by what looked like a Calvin Johnson "complete the process" rule, which I didn't realize applied in college football? Receiver had two steps and possession in bounds for a first down, but fell on the ball out of bounds causing it to come out. So, no catch? Huh?

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

I know I shouldn't post this in the MI thread but you can't forget where you come from....Let's Go Bills! We got some Buffalo people in town for the game and hoping for a good one.

915D2 9.5* Rogue Silver
915F 15* Diamana White
915H 21* Diamana White 90
712u 4i, 712CB 5-6, 712MB 7-P; C-Taper
Scotty Cameron GoLo
Vokey SM4 50, 55K Grind, 60E Grind
WITB Link

[quote name='MaxPower328' timestamp='1412512429' post='10238453']
I know I shouldn't post this in the MI thread but you can't forget where you come from....Let's Go Bills! We got some Buffalo people in town for the game and hoping for a good one.
[/quote]

If you're going, better get there early! Downtown looks like it will be a mess with both the Lions and Tigers playing this afternoon.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

[quote name='knickerbocker' timestamp='1412509415' post='10238361']

When I played at Hope, we had to play at Winding Creek.
[/quote]

I played winding creek few times when I moved into Grand Rapids I think, weird I never played it while we were out in Holland. Honestly I was spoiled playing there when I did, we split our time for practice between Wuskowhan, The Ravines, and Macatawa Legends. I'd say most was spent at Macatawa but with the condition that they were kept and playing there so many times it was really something I wish I wouldn't have taken for granted during the time there.

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1412511643' post='10238425']
[quote name='Openwater22' timestamp='1412477538' post='10237529']
Wow! Feel bad for you UM guys.
[/quote]

UM should have won that game. They got screwed on their last drive, by what looked like a Calvin Johnson "complete the process" rule, which I didn't realize applied in college football? Receiver had two steps and possession in bounds for a first down, but fell on the ball out of bounds causing it to come out. So, no catch? Huh?
[/quote]

Even the announcer said if it happened in the middle of the field, it would be a completion because "the ground can't cause a fumble". But this wasn't. And to say it was confirmed? Wow.....While I want it to lead to changes at AD and HC, the players don't deserve to have a loss because the refs took if from them.

Hit up Beard's brewpub in Petosky yesterday. The Serendipty porter and Red Myst ale were particularly good. Worth a visit.

M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S

Really itching to get fit for the new 915 stuff. To my knowledge only Miles has it and they just won't let you take it out and hit and try it with different shafts without a fitting. Anyone know who else has one. I did hit the 8.5 D3 with new white but it was too low spin. The 915f was pretty solid with the white from both the deck and tee. Way longer and more forgiving than previous models.

2024 WITB: 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 (@ 9.5) Diamana ZF 60S

TM MINI DRIVER??

Callaway Apex UW 19 deg MMT 70 Stiff

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour Rescue #4 AV Limited Blue 75 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 48F, 56M, ??

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

The Lions stink.

I love Beards...hank out there a few times a year.

I have not played in a week - I need to get out.

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

General Post to keep track of the new Michigan thread. Coming up there next week! No golf yet, I'm at week 17 of my broken ankle and foot. Hoping to get released to walk Thursday.

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

[quote name='odshot68' timestamp='1412537538' post='10239579']
Really itching to get fit for the new 915 stuff. To my knowledge only Miles has it and they just won't let you take it out and hit and try it with different shafts without a fitting. Anyone know who else has one. I did hit the 8.5 D3 with new white but it was too low spin. The 915f was pretty solid with the white from both the deck and tee. Way longer and more forgiving than previous models.
[/quote]
I called Carls Launch Pad and asked when they would have it in and they are offering free fittings for the 915 lines this coming weekend. I am going Sunday 10/12 at 10am. No obligation to buy (I asked) which I was surprised to hear considering a fitting is usually $125

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

Bad weekend for local sports. Bright side got a round in with my son.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Driver: Yonex Ezone 380 9*
Fairway: Tour Edge cb5 15*
Hybrid: Tour Edge cb5 19*
Irons: Hogan Ft Worth (15) 21*, 25*, 29*, 33*, 37*, 41*, 45*
Wedges: Hogan TK 49*, 53*, 57*
Putter: 2007 Odyssey Black #1
Bag: PING Hoofer[/font]

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1412607603' post='10243067']
[/quote]
I called Carls Launch Pad and asked when they would have it in and they are offering free fittings for the 915 lines this coming weekend. I am going Sunday 10/12 at 10am. No obligation to buy (I asked) which I was surprised to hear considering a fitting is usually $125
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Will be there at 3pm Friday with Peter to get fit for my driver, fairway, and hybrid.

2024 WITB: 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 (@ 9.5) Diamana ZF 60S

TM MINI DRIVER??

Callaway Apex UW 19 deg MMT 70 Stiff

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour Rescue #4 AV Limited Blue 75 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 48F, 56M, ??

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

Played Arcadia today...greens were rolling good and only a 1 club wind off the lake.

Playing Valhalla this weekend!!!!!!

Ping G400 LST 8.5° ~ AD-IZ 6s
Titleist 915 16.5° F ~ AD-GT 7s
Titleist 915 21° H ~ AD-DI 85s
Epon AF-302 4-PW ~ Recoil Proto 110s
Miura 1957 51°| 55° | 59° ~ Recoil Proto 110s
EVNRoll ER3

Played Arcadia today...greens were rolling good and only a 1 club wind off the lake.

Insanely jealous, been trying to a group to head up there but no one can commit to a date and don't wanna go alone. Glad to hear it was a good day up there!

I got out today on the Golden Fox at Fox hills, was only person on entire course, started at 5 to 4, finished at 5 after 6 haha. Was a great time after got the clubs regriped and finished. Threw on some midsize NDMC instead of my normal 3/4 wrap, so about same overall but feel is more solid I felt great today and got my hands quieted down for a 73. For some reason I remember the Golden Fox being longer, then remembered the last time I played it I was 16 haha.

IMG_6923_zpsfe0684d2.jpg

I didn't get to respond in the other thread so I'll put this here:

I was able to get to Miles of Golf for a fitting over the weekend. I'm from up north, but was in town for the Lions game on Sunday ( how depressing, Downtown was a mess as well). It was a great experience, I went in to get my irons looked at and see if they were right for me, as well as get fitted for a driver. I've never been able to get on a monitor or get any kind of fitting before so I wasn't sure if my irons were right for me, what my specs should be etc etc. Even though I hit them well, Ive been wanting to get fit for irons to know what I needed.

I worked with Ken and he had me hit some six irons for a while and told me what I had was perfect for me. I'm standard length and lie, so it'll be pretty easy for me to find irons in the future knowing that I can buy straight of the rack and the set is already custom for me haha. He did say that in the future I could probably go with x flex in the irons with my 6-iron swing speed of 88-92, my current irons are '14 TM Tour Preferred CBs with s300's.

The driver fitting was great. I probably hit different driver combos for about an hour and a half or a little less. At no point did I ever feel rushed, or that I needed to finish up. I got the feeling that he would have let me hit for another hour if I wanted to. I got to hit basically anything I wanted, and told the fitter I was open to trying anything so he kept bringing me in all kinds of different heads and shaft combos he thought might work.

With the driver my swing speed was at 104 to start then got up to 107 as I got warmed up. I ended up hitting the g30 with 10.5 loft and the tour 65g stiff shaft the best and got it. Apparently that shaft is pretty scarce right now, but they happened to have my setup in stock. During the fitting I learned a lot about my swing. I hit down on the ball slightly with the driver, my miss is off the heel way more than off the toe. He gave me the sheet with the trackman stats I was getting with the g30. What I can remember without looking is that I was getting 107 swing speed, 2600 spin and 1.48 smash factor with the ping.

Can't say enough about the fitting process and Ken helping out along the way. Was a great experience.

When I got home this evening I was able to get out for 9 holes to try the g30 out on course . It was cold out, maybe 50 degrees, probably a tad less. After playing holes 10 and 11 I was extremely happy because I had hit both tee shots further than any previous tee shots I've hit on those holes all season. The shot on hole 10 was around 275, and the one on 11 was just short of 300. (of course these are with roll out as well). edit--measured with my garmin S1 watch.

So again I'd like to give the guys at Miles of Golf in Ann Arbor a shout out, they were great, and helped me a great deal. It was an awesome experience to finally get fit and hit on a Trackman.

[quote name='dozer996' timestamp='1412644597' post='10246439']

[/quote]

Enjoy Valhalla... Next time I'll be quicker on the 'reply' button! Lol

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

[quote name='G-Bone' timestamp='1412653195' post='10247313']
[quote name='dozer996' timestamp='1412644597' post='10246439']

[/quote]

Enjoy Valhalla... Next time I'll be quicker on the 'reply' button! Lol
[/quote]

Edit: Valhalla and Covered Bridge and Against the Grain brewery. Just in case you were'nt feelin bad enough. Hehe

M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S

I have a GAM event at Oakland Hills on Monday. Hoping for great weather and pure greens! This is pretty late to be punching greens, isn't it? We punch ours Labor Day

915D2 9.5* Rogue Silver
915F 15* Diamana White
Scotty Cameron GoLo
WITB Link

[quote name='odshot68' timestamp='1412611104' post='10243315']
[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1412607603' post='10243067']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Will be there at 3pm Friday with Peter to get fit for my driver, fairway, and hybrid.
[/quote]

Let us know how it goes. I have the inlaws in town this weekend so can't get over there, but will definitely be planning on making a visit the weekend after this one. I am thinking it may be time to upgrade the 910F and my 2008 TM Rescue. This is the worst part about WRX....the 2008 TM Rescue is one of the most reliable clubs in my bag, BUT it is sooo old. I want something shiny and new.

915D2 9.5* Rogue Silver
915F 15* Diamana White
Scotty Cameron GoLo
WITB Link

[quote name='FSCMatt' timestamp='1412717335' post='10251297']
Played Wuskowhan Players Club today. Holy cow! What an awesome track. I played pretty good all day and shot 76 from 6700 and was happy. They sanded the greens today so they were suspect at times. Overall I had a blast. Definitely a place I'd like to play daily.
[/quote]

Always wanted to play Wuskowan.....heard there is a lot of forced carries. Is that the case? I should have an opportunity to play there next year if all goes well

Ping G425 Max Driver - 9*

Ping G425 Max 3-wood 14.5*

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19*

Ping G425 4 Hybrid 22*
Ping G710 irons 4-PW 
Ping G710 Wedges 48* 54*
Ping Anser 2 Putter
WITB Link