Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Burner and Burner TP Best Ball for the $

willpeopleswillpeoples The Peoples Clubs/Tour Stock PuttersMembers, Sponsors Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
I have just recently started playing these balls and I love them. The burner is great for the average golfer. It is very long and soft as well. The TP is a little softer and not as long but is great around the green. The burners are only $20.00 a dozen and the TP's are $25.00. Truly for the quality of the ball you cant beat that price. Pick up a sleeve and you will be impressed.

Comments

• evnpar1020evnpar1020 Members Posts: 467
    I picked up some burner tp's. For a weekend tourney. I was really impressed with them. They seemed to fly just as well as the prov1s, and the tour ix's i was trying. I did prefer the tour ix, over tp's around the green, but its wasn't really that much difference. I couldn't get anything to back-up, but it the greens were really wet and soggy. But the ball marks suggested they had some spin. All in all a good ball. I'll play them for awhile.
  • Played the Burner TPs this weekend. I could definitely see bagging them long term.
  • willpeopleswillpeoples The Peoples Clubs/Tour Stock Putters Members, Sponsors Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    seriously_obsessed_duffer wrote on Apr 7 2008, 12:31 PM:
    Played the Burner TPs this weekend. I could definitely see bagging them long term.

image/welcomeani.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' /> glad to hear, i played them this weekend as well image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />

Still love em, for the price they are the best, they play like a much more expensive ball...
  • Large David HammerLarge David Hammer Members Posts: 399
    Burner TP's are awesome! They're worth way more than $25/doz. For mid-low handicappers, they're perfect! They spin, they stop, I think they actually thrive around the greens. Super-soft feel and like butter withe the flat-stick. Truly tour performance, at 1/2 price! They're great in wind too. High trajectory, yet good in wind! This ball will make the most noise all-year!...my prediction.
    RBZ TP 9.5* RIP'd NV 65
    TM R11s - 14* - RIP Alpha 70
    TM Rescue '11 TP - RIP 85
    Cleveland CG16 Tour - TT DG
    Cleveland 588 Forged Wedges
    Forged Yes "Callie f" Blade
  • mbuildermbuilder Members Posts: 191
    put the bruner tp in play for the first time tuesday, very impressed by this this ball. soft feel around the green, nice ball flight, durable and long. I could see putting these in play quite a bit, espeacially with less than perfect conditions i.e. windy. normally play hx tour/ tour ix
  • Lefty94Lefty94 Members Posts: 1,513 ✭✭
    I am heading out in 20 minutes and will be using them for the 1st time. Playing 9 or until it gets dark tonight and then 18 tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see how they perform.
    XR 16 9.5 Fubuki ZT
    XR 16 15* PX 6.0
    XHot Pro 3 hy PX 6.0
    Callaway 09 X Forged 3i, 5-pw - PX 6.0
    Callaway MD3 52*, 56*, 60* KBS Tour
    Odyssey Vera B/W/B #7,
    Ball -TM TP5X
  • golfdad907golfdad907 Play fast, have fun Members Posts: 3,101
    I'd try the e5+, longer, softer and more spin, at least my experience.
    2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
    RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
    RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
    XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
    Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
    Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
    X Forged C Grind 52*
    PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
    Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
    Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year
  • willpeopleswillpeoples The Peoples Clubs/Tour Stock Putters Members, Sponsors Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    golfdad907 wrote on Apr 18 2008, 08:15 PM:
    I'd try the e5+, longer, softer and more spin, at least my experience.

i stand behind my original comment, use these things all the time I LOVE THEM!!!
  • Darthfader2Darthfader2 Members Posts: 146
    I usually play e5+ when I swinging good and the e6+ when I'm spraying it. I bought some new sticks Saturday and the sales guy gave me several 2 ball sample sleeves of the Burner TP. I plan on playing them tomorrow so I will be able to give a good direct comparison. e5+ is the current $25 champ in my book, so we'll see if the Burner TP has anything for the champ.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file