So GolfBallSelector.com says....

ColinMB ·  
ColinMBColinMB  1836WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 1,836
Should I trust this? Some things I'm looking at.
I put my recent stats into the GolfballSelector thing-a-magoo and it says the Taylormade TP Red is an excellent ball for me.

When I look at the pictures, and dates of the selections, it appears this is based on older balls. I think the TM TP Red has changed markedly since the data on GBS.com reviewed and tested it.

Should I believe it? Should I trust it?

Right now I am playing the ProV1x and the season has just started here. I have been very impressed with wedge control. Yet the V1x is still notably forgiving on driver side spin. Where I have issue with the ProV1x is twofold: I don't believe I have the swingspeed for it. I average 97-104 MPH. I think this ball has been mentioned as a potential 'yardage robber' if you can't compress it. And secondly it's a bit more expensive.

I also have a box of Nike ONE Blacks (08), but I really haven't used them. GBS.com puts the NOB as a very unlikely good candidate for me. Oddly enough they've also changed a lot so is this data even useful??? Any thoughts???
Posted:

Comments

• PurePursuit PurePursuit  2237WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 2,237
    I would certainly try the new TM LDP Red's.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • littlepingmanlittlepingman  7537WRX Points: 57Members Posts: 7,537 Titanium Tees
    Shagshow wrote on Apr 18 2008, 11:25 AM:
    I would certainly try the new TM LDP Red's.

True dat!

The new LDP lineup from Taylormade is really nice. The black is my preferred version because I am a low spin player. But I hear good things about the reds as well.
    Posted:
  • ColinMBColinMB  1836WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 1,836
    Well it's early in the season... I'm probably gonna trust you guys and buy a box of LDP Reds. I has such a great experience with the V1x's... I am just hoping I can stick the greens as nicely without sacrificing driver forgiveness. Like I said I have a feeling my swing speed is better suited to the LDP reds.

In the time I put my first post up, I started doing searches on the LDP reds, I can't believe how positive all the reviews are for both LDP balls. Maybe I'll have my own review of it this weekend. Wish me luck.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.