Pinnacle Platinum Feel

pscaswellspscaswells Posts: 82
edited Mar 30, 2008 in Golf Balls #1
Anyone tried it?
Anyone know if the Pinnacle Platinum Feel is similar to (or the direct replacement for) the Exception from 06?

Anyone tried it out yet?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• its real nice
  • wirelessnesswirelessness Members Posts: 322
    I played it for a few rounds and they are just fine. I didn't really get any added length over the other balls I like playing like the E6+ and Burner TP which have better feel and performance around the green and on approach shots. imo
  • Bee-ManBee-Man Posts: 113
    Pinnacle balls play as per stated and are first class - made by Titleist and with better marketing, they would be the other best value golf ball on the market today....

The other ball being Top Flite.
  • as far as i am concerned it is the exact same ball

it suits my game and i seem to know exactly how it will respond to my shots both off woods and irons

great for putting

travels well too looks brand new after a round

great value too
  • bogey train wrote on Mar 31 2008, 04:37 AM:
    as far as i am concerned it is the exact same ball

it suits my game and i seem to know exactly how it will respond to my shots both off woods and irons

great for putting

travels well too looks brand new after a round

great value too

Thanks for the comments. I agree on the putting, that is why I switched to the exception in the first place.

It is a very predictable ball as well, you just know what it is going to do with each club. Don't expect to make it spin off the green cause it won't, but it will stop on the green.
  • spacedustspacedust Posts: 132
    been playing nxt extreme . its a good ball- very little spin, keeps drives straight. with tax its a little under 30 bucks a dozen.

tried the pinnacle platinum feel. very good distance, more spin than the nxt extreme. and its only 18 bucks after tax.

my 8 iron on down the either stops or take one hop backwards. my wedges it checks really good. sometimes spinning back a little.

the ball is slightly workable, which i like. doesn't get me into too much trouble.

to my surprise, i really like this ball.
  • Large David HammerLarge David Hammer Members Posts: 399
    edited Apr 18, 2008 #8
    I believe it IS the Exception, renamed. Which is a good thing. It's really solid all-around performer. It will out-duel all of the other 2-piece balls out there...except the e5+ which has a urethane cover. It beats Noodle, D2, NXT Extreme, DT, Big Bertha, Warbird, etc. No idea about the "Platinum Distance" counterpart. Buy Platinum Feel with confidence...it will pleasantly surprise you...guaranteed.
    RBZ TP 9.5* RIP'd NV 65
    TM R11s - 14* - RIP Alpha 70
    TM Rescue '11 TP - RIP 85
    Cleveland CG16 Tour - TT DG
    Cleveland 588 Forged Wedges
    Forged Yes "Callie f" Blade
  • Large David Hammer wrote on Apr 18 2008, 08:09 AM:
    I believe it IS the Exception, renamed. Which is a good thing. It's really solid all-around performer. It will out-duel all of the other 2-piece balls out there...except the e5+ which has a urethane cover. It beats Noodle, D2, NXT Extreme, DT, Big Bertha, Warbird, etc. No idea about the "Platinum Distance" counterpart. Buy Platinum Feel with confidence...it will pleasantly surprise you...guaranteed.

That's good to know, thanks for the info. I had a great year with the Pinnacle Exception last year. Needed some cheap balls one day and settled for a 4-pack, never turned back from there.
  • Calif_MulliganCalif_Mulligan Members Posts: 259
    Found one on the course...so I tried it on a par 5. Off the driver...compression felt weird. Almost like a lady's ball. Distance and flight was ok but short of what I would get with my NXT's. Second shot hitting hybrid was good...was able to shape the shot. Lob wedge pitch was good...where I felt the ball well off the face and it seem to bite. Putter feel was good. I don't know if it would be my first choice. But if you want a lower priced ball...it might be ok.