Need some recommendations for performance balls

rwolfcastle80rwolfcastle80 Members Posts: 12
I've never really given much thought to what kind of balls I hit but getting better lately and looking for something I can squeeze a little more out of. I have a fairly moderate swing speed, 95-98 mph with driver, hit my irons insanely high and am definitely looking for more spin around the greens. Can recommendations to lower ball flight in irons but maximize distance for my swing speed. I'm looking mainly at the big 6, Srixon, B-stone, Titleist, TM, Callaway, & Nike and have kind of ruled out V1X and Platinum due to my swing speed but am open to any other suggestions, especially since most manufacturers don't really specify which of their performance balls are for those of us without herculean swings.

Thanks

Comments

• mcheppmchepp Members Posts: 181
    This season seems much better for golf ball selection that I remember in a since the Pro V1 hit the market. I have been a long time Pro V1 user but this year I have been shopping around and for the time being I have settled on the Bridgstone B-330s. I tried the Callaway ix but it didn't spin enough around the green with my 58 and I have been told the i should be better for that but the i is not yet available in my golf store. The durability of the ix really suprised me. the pro v1 can sometimes shred with my wedge but the ix really didn't. The Bridgestone seems to hold up pretty well against the wedge as well.

I have heard mixed reviews on the taylor made ball. I have never been a fan of taylor made balls but this year I may give them another try.

I really find that you need to try them out. I think 3 or 4 rounds to make a full opinion.