Alright guys i need help!!!

Go_Blue!Go_Blue! HAIL!Members Posts: 1,512 ✭✭
First some stats. I play in the mid-upper 70's with rounds in the low 70's. Driver SS is around 110, im 6'3" about 235, but have a very smooth swing for my size. I have a problem when it comes to finding what ball would be right to try. Problem occurs with my ball flight. I hit the ball high, higher than most. I hit it from 290-300+ off the tee, again though high...which is ok because i still get my distance. I also hit pretty high irons yet my 7 iron i 170-175....again still getting distance but a very high ball flight. All my irons inot greens seem to just land and stay due to how high i hit them and i take it my spin.

O.K. now that i got that done, i am looking for a premium ball that has lower hight but still has solid greenside control, but i don't want to lose my distance. So please, please help...

D
8.5* TM M1 w/ Rogue Silver X
15* TM M1 w/ Rogue Silver X
19* Bridgestone J36
4-PW Srixon Z745 w/ TTDG X100
52.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.10 S Titleist SM6
Taylormade Spider Tour Black
Srixon Z Star XV

Comments

• PurePursuit PurePursuit Members Posts: 2,237
    Try out the new Callaway IX, TM LDP Red, B330 is pretty good in that category. I'll be testing out the Srixon balls soon as well.
  • jones137jones137 Members Posts: 2,596
    Shagshow wrote on Apr 10 2008, 01:41 PM:
    Try out the new Callaway IX, TM LDP Red, B330 is pretty good in that category. I'll be testing out the Srixon balls soon as well.

+1

I'd add ProV1x to the list. I'm currently playing the Red LDP and it is pretty low spin off the driver. Not quite as much spin around the greens as the ProV1x.
    Titleist 915D2 9.5* Rogue Black 95MSI 60S
    Callaway XHot Pro 15* Project X 6.5
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 2 Iron C-Taper X
    Bridgeston J40CB 3-PW Project X 6.0
    Ping Anser 54*,60* Project X 6.0
    Taylormade Imola 8 35"
  • Go_Blue!Go_Blue! HAIL! Members Posts: 1,512 ✭✭
    Thanks Shagshow and jones. What have been you guys experience with the balls you have "prescribed" to try? Any word on the nikes/srixons that would fit my stats . I am sort of interested on Srixon, what version would be fit for me?

Thnx again gents,

D
    19* Bridgestone J36
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • PurePursuit PurePursuit Members Posts: 2,237
    I love the Nike One Platinum but this ball DOES NOT fit the bill for what your trying to accomplish, as it spins more than any new ball I've tried. Thanks to Bureo I have the Z-URS URC coming my way this week, look for a review in the Ball section. So far I have heard nothing but positive things in regards to the Srixon balls. The Nike One Black might be worth a try.
    I retract my comments............I didn't see the Go Blue screen name.

Look at the HX Pearl's..... image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
    Taylormade Imola 8 35"
  • themouth1themouth1 Members Posts: 1,255
    edited Apr 10, 2008 #7
    Go_Blue! wrote on Apr 10 2008, 07:33 AM:
    First some stats. I play in the mid-upper 70's with rounds in the low 70's. Driver SS is around 110, im 6'3" about 235, but have a very smooth swing for my size. I have a problem when it comes to finding what ball would be right to try. Problem occurs with my ball flight. I hit the ball high, higher than most. I hit it from 290-300+ off the tee, again though high...which is ok because i still get my distance. I also hit pretty high irons yet my 7 iron i 170-175....again still getting distance but a very high ball flight. All my irons inot greens seem to just land and stay due to how high i hit them and i take it my spin.

O.K. now that i got that done, i am looking for a premium ball that has lower hight but still has solid greenside control, but i don't want to lose my distance. So please, please help...

D

I don't see a problem with how you are hitting it now...I don't know how you could ever shoot in the high 70s hitting it like that. You must have a terrible short game image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
    jones137 wrote on Apr 10 2008, 01:12 PM:

Look at the HX Pearl's..... image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

C'mon Jones, pleae tell me you're not a suckeye! JK.
    19* Bridgestone J36
    Srixon Z Star XV
    themouth1 wrote on Apr 10 2008, 01:18 PM:
    Go_Blue! wrote on Apr 10 2008, 07:33 AM:

D

I don't see a problem with how you are hitting it now...I don't know how you could ever shoot in the high 70s hitting it like that. You must have a terrible short game image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

Well i didn't say i hit every gree image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' /> But actually yes my short game, ie putting was terrible last year. So far thru the first round this year my putting was solid with the new putter.

Well the problem with how i hit it so high is i think i may be losing out on some distance and when hitting irons into the gree its all carry, which isn't a bad thing bc they land soft due to the hight but would like to have a lower flight.
    19* Bridgestone J36
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • TheMotorCityTheMotorCity Members Posts: 565 ✭✭
    I would recommend the Pro V1X

Bridgestone 330

Nike Black
    Go_Blue! wrote on Apr 10 2008, 02:19 PM:
    jones137 wrote on Apr 10 2008, 01:12 PM:

C'mon Jones, pleae tell me you're not a suckeye! JK.

You must have missed the Huge Buckeye Avatar..........typically wolverine. image/crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />
    Taylormade Imola 8 35"
    Thanks Shagshow! I tried out the ix last week and fell in love. image/wub.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' /> That ball is crazy long for me off of the tee and is nice to putt with. However on appoach shots it released more than expected, but only like 10 feet or so. Still able to control how to play it. Thanks again man, i am excited to try out the srixon. Is it better or worse than the ix in your oppinion.

D
    19* Bridgestone J36
    Srixon Z Star XV