Hogan's secret...rosy retrospection?

400yards ·  
400yards400yards Members  277WRX Points: 1Posts: 277 Greens
Joined:  edited Oct 30, 2014 in Hogan's Heroes Swing Forum #1
No doubt Hogan was a world class golfer, but it seems as though his legend of ballstriking has surpassed him. Most stories of Hogan include how he loved practicing and always looked forward to the next day of crisp ballstriking. Hogan deemed one's best swing in the dirt and that practice "dug" it up. I've noticed that most of this subforum is about how Five Lessons wasn't his actual swing and how he actually swung. Of course there were swing sequences that Hogan had more success with, but why does everyone here think the swing of someone 5'9" with prior hooking issues is best suited for them?
Posted:

Comments

• MizunoJoeMizunoJoe Members  1000WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,000 Platinum Tees
    There are better ways to swing, but none as mysterious, which is why I watch it so much. I want his lower body action, the best I've ever seen.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BiomateurBiomateur l'inferno siamo noi Banned  534WRX Points: 0Posts: 534
    Everyman has issues. Hogan recast them into excellence.
    Posted:
  • dmagalhaesdmagalhaes Members  750WRX Points: 61Posts: 750 Golden Tee
    Hogan took his natural and unreliable hook swing and turned it into maybe the most reliable and repetitive swing we've ever seen. Remember that there were no 7 irons for him at Merion and only a man with complete control of every swing would leave that 7 iron out of his bag for five rounds.
    Posted:
  • JasonFLJasonFL Under My Left Foot Members  1044WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,044
    400yards wrote:

No doubt Hogan was a world class golfer, but it seems as though his legend of ballstriking has surpassed him. Most stories of Hogan include how he loved practicing and always looked forward to the next day of crisp ballstriking. Hogan deemed one's best swing in the dirt and that practice "dug" it up. I've noticed that most of this subforum is about how Five Lessons wasn't his actual swing and how he actually swung. Of course there were swing sequences that Hogan had more success with, but why does everyone here think the swing of someone 5'9" with prior hooking issues is best suited for them?

I dont believe his swing works for me. Im tall and if anything I tend to slice more than hook.

So opening my stance, weak grip, flaring the face open on the take away, flat lie angles, just not gonna work for me.

BUT... thats not to say keys of his swing arent usable for the many other ways to swing a club.
    Posted:
    Doubt ruins more dreams than failure
    ever will - someone on the internet

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.