2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bridgestone J15 Thread *MB pics pg.8 - DF vs VPC pics pg 7*

cz13X4

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if Bridgestone USA has confirmed the J15 B5 445 driver for the US market?

TM M1 460 10.5° .::. MRC Tensei CK Blue 6S
Adams XTD Ti 15° .::. Matrix 7Q3 S
TM R15 Black 19° .::. Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1 S (tipped 2")
Bridgestone Airmuscle 2i 19° .::. PX HD2
Tourstage X Blade 709 CB 4i .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
Tourstage X Blade 909 Ltd 5-PW .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
Bridgestone J15 Black Ox 52°/58° .::. DG Onyx S400
Piretti 'Tour Only' Cortino II w/ Matrix U11-P01 Proto
Piretti 'Cortino LN' Long Neck Tour Ltd
Piretti Teramo CS
Bridgestone *B* Tour 330
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1059465-bpark1210-witb-bridgestone-pic-heavy/page__pid__9832393#entry9832393"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='czastrow' timestamp='1414439803' post='10358587']
[quote name='texchad12' timestamp='1414439736' post='10358583']
Yeah not crazy about the lower lofts. still the cb's look tempting
[/quote]

easy to order them to custom lofts. :good:
[/quote]

Yeah but bending them, the adding 3* of loft to the 7 iron and then the changes on the others will change the bounce will change the turf interaction somewhat. I have never had a set of irons that any club was bent for loft more than two degrees that I liked. Most 7 irons have 4 degrees or so of bounce for this style of iron, you are adding 3 degrees of bounce(roughly, sue me I am not a club builder to know exactly) and will end up with 7* of bounce, which is more than most PW's.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

i'm wondering if they are going to ship demo sets to more stores or if we'll have to search these out and go to certain club fitters.

also wondering what improvement bridgestone are marketing the j15df over the j40dpc.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

[quote name='HoosierMizuno' timestamp='1414463479' post='10360337']
i'm wondering if they are going to ship demo sets to more stores or if we'll have to search these out and go to certain club fitters.

also wondering what improvement bridgestone are marketing the j15df over the j40dpc.
[/quote]

I'm just guessing, haven't heard anything regarding this, but I would think they would be expanding their availability now that they are making lefty sets and are expanding their line. Would only make sense, but who knows.

It's no secret that Bridgestone has been pushing their golf balls like crazy for the last three + years. With Tourstage going the way of the do-do bird and now offering lefty options I am assuming just like czastrow that they will have to make a push into clubs. FWIW quite a few years back Bridgestone made a push into clubs, but from what I remember they did not have the staff members they have now, nor ANY name recognition. It's one of those which came first, the chicken or the egg. Do you need name recognition or product first? Guessing here again they are using their golf balls to get the name recognition and they have been adding some big name players, once they feel they have a good handle on being the number 2 ball in golf they will push in with clubs.

Let's not kid ourselves Titleist has a strangle hold on the golf ball count, I prefer the Bridgestone ball to Titleist. To me it performs just as well and is more durable, which is a big deal for people buying there golf balls versus those guys on tour they are given their golf balls.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

[quote name='windsurfingodie' timestamp='1414706792' post='10375671']
I know this is the wrong thread but I pre-ordered a Bridgestone J715 10.5 driver form Discount Dan's today. Long wait till February but won't be golfing much anyways. Hope it's as nice as my J33R I used to have
[/quote]

Hey, we welcome anyone buying any of the new gear! :drinks:

The wait is long for sure but I'm sure it is worth it!

Does anyone happen to have any details on J15 wedge grinds?

I would love to see something with an M grind, but based on the current lineup, I don't expect to see anything like that.

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Mikey Town' timestamp='1414712205' post='10376045']

I would love to see something with an M grind, but based on the current lineup, I don't expect to see anything like that.
[/quote]

You probably won't. I think they usually only come out in one grind if I remember correctly.

[quote name='gambit' timestamp='1414712596' post='10376067']
[quote name='Mikey Town' timestamp='1414712205' post='10376045']

[/quote]

You probably won't. I think they usually only come out in one grind if I remember correctly.
[/quote]

I figured as much. May have to go with Bridgestone 52* and 56*, but stick with my MP R12 60*.

Hope all has been well with you, brother... hit me up and let me know when you'll be in the area again!

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='windsurfingodie' timestamp='1414706792' post='10375671']
I know this is the wrong thread but I pre-ordered a Bridgestone J715 10.5 driver form Discount Dan's today. Long wait till February but won't be golfing much anyways. Hope it's as nice as my J33R I used to have
[/quote]

Do you mind saying what Disc Dans price is on the j715 driver?

I really like my j40 driver and like that it isnt adjustable. I previously played the j33r460 and passed on the j38.

I like what they are doing with the j715 driver. not using trickery by offering 'so called' adjustable lofts with the hosel adjustment only for face angle and lie. If it is as solid as the j40 driver with that type of adjustability, i think you're really going to like it. As a sidenote the j40 doesnt feel much like the j33r. i'm guessing the j715 will feel more like the j40.....i just hope it is more of a thumper than a twanger :)

Any one here actually hit it?

j33 460 9.5 ACCRA DyMatch 2.0 MT M4
Exotics cb1 13 Matrix Ozik
Mizuno jpx825 hybrid 16
j38cb's - 3-pw s300sl pro soft & j36pc GAT 95
j40 52,56 & Odyssey Metal-X #7H
average score = 75

We got tons of pre-books for these irons already. We are running low on the j15mb irons since bridgestone only released a very few sets. I'll try to post more pictures of when the rep brought them in.

[b]Fairway Golf Online Store[/b] :golfer:
Website: [url="http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com"]http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com[/url]
Email: [email="[email protected]?subject=GolfWRX%20Inquiry"][email protected][/email]
Instagram:[url="https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/"]https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/[/url]
Phone: 1-619-702-1702

[quote name='FairwayGolfUSA.com' timestamp='1415065196' post='10393595']
We got tons of pre-books for these irons already. We are running low on the j15mb irons since bridgestone only released a very few sets. I'll try to post more pictures of when the rep brought them in.
[/quote]

how many mb sets do you get and how many are spoken for?

i realize these won't be released until end jan but typically with a new release how soon until some of the blogs or demo sets start showing up so we can get some reviews. i'm curious to see some comparisons between the df and dpc. i don't think i've ever been this interested a club release this soon before actual launch.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

[quote name='Monkey business' timestamp='1415089906' post='10394659']
I'm going to pre order a set of combos 4-6 cbs and 7-pw mbs. I'm going to stick them in an set of steel fibers I have lying around. If the feel is anything like the j40 Bstone is in for a distributing nightmare... In a good way.
[/quote]

Good luck. My understanding is Bridgestone won't do combo's.

I hit three of the models yesterday at a clinic (all but the MB). The DPF was 'OK', the DF had an extremely high ball flight and I really liked the CB the best. Great feel and consistency.

As an aside, one of the Bridgestone reps who played on tour many years ago and who knows about these things told me that Bridgestone can't or won't compete with Titleist in regard to tour players playing their ball. The money that Titleist pays these guys just to play their ball is incredible. If that is any indication of what other manufacturer's pay to have players use their products, clothing, clubs, etc., these guys are rich just from endorsement money!

[quote name='phil75070' timestamp='1415136323' post='10397291']
I hit three of the models yesterday at a clinic (all but the MB). The DPF was 'OK', the DF had an extremely high ball flight and I really liked the CB the best. Great feel and consistency.

As an aside, one of the Bridgestone reps who played on tour many years ago and who knows about these things told me that Bridgestone can't or won't compete with Titleist in regard to tour players playing their ball. The money that Titleist pays these guys just to play their ball is incredible. If that is any indication of what other manufacturer's pay to have players use their products, clothing, clubs, etc., these guys are rich just from endorsement money!
[/quote]

could you give any comparisons to the irons you hit?

The DPF was OK but certainly more in the GI category. The DF by comparison to the DPF seemed to have an excessively high launch and ball flight. The CB I hit better as it had a little less off-set and just the solid feel and consistent launch and trajectory were a pleasure to watch. I only hit graphite shafts or that SteelFiber that they will be offering *which I liked the feel of) but I can't recall which iron I hit that had that shaft. There were demo clubs set up on the range but it was tough to spend a lot of time there due to the total number of participants. There was also an iron "station" where you couldn't hit more than about three balls and for those I used the CB because of the performance I saw on the range.

I failed to mention that I also putted with the D03 putter with the smaller grip and that is one fine feeling putter. I stroked about 10 putts from about four feet and holed every one of them. The irons are probably going to be out of my budget for the time being but I may just have to pick up that putter - it felt that nice!

For reference, I am a low to mid single digit handicap senior.

[quote name='czastrow' timestamp='1415144164' post='10397947']
How was the turf interaction with the cbs? And did they feel like the j40, softer, firmer etc?
[/quote]

Never having hit the J40's I can't make that comparison. As for turf interaction, I was making solid contact with shallow divots on pretty tight lies as the clinic was held at a TPC course.

[quote name='phil75070' timestamp='1415143266' post='10397873']
The DPF was OK but certainly more in the GI category. The DF by comparison to the DPF seemed to have an excessively high launch and ball flight. The CB I hit better as it had a little less off-set and just the solid feel and consistent launch and trajectory were a pleasure to watch. I only hit graphite shafts or that SteelFiber that they will be offering *which I liked the feel of) but I can't recall which iron I hit that had that shaft. There were demo clubs set up on the range but it was tough to spend a lot of time there due to the total number of participants. There was also an iron "station" where you couldn't hit more than about three balls and for those I used the CB because of the performance I saw on the range.

I failed to mention that I also putted with the D03 putter with the smaller grip and that is one fine feeling putter. I stroked about 10 putts from about four feet and holed every one of them. The irons are probably going to be out of my budget for the time being but I may just have to pick up that putter - it felt that nice!

For reference, I am a low to mid single digit handicap senior.
[/quote]

For the DF high is interesting, so would you say it had relatively decent forgiveness high to low on the face as opposed to forgiveness on the toe etc?

Also, does anyone know when these are going to be released in the US/Bridgestone US site? I'm hoping they run their Trial/Test Drive program again.

Based on its appearance there is more weight in the sole, a lower CG, giving a higher launch angle. I am no pro but I do have a pretty consistent swing and didn't have a lot of off center hits in the brief amount of time and few balls I was able to hit to give you a feel for overall forgiveness of any of the three clubs I hit.

[quote name='driveandputtmachine' timestamp='1414438796' post='10358491']
Yeah that is weird, only thing I can think of is they are trying to "keep up" with everyone else's strong iron lofts. You notice the 5 degrees of separation on the first couple to get the wedge close the to the old 47 of most of their previous clubs PW to not mess with yardage gaps too much. Standard length is also a quarter inch longer than the J40.
[/quote]