2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bridgestone J15 Thread *MB pics pg.8 - DF vs VPC pics pg 7*

cz13X4

I pre-ordered CB's. I started using J40CB's a few months ago, love them so much I want more Bridgestone! I'll use both sets despite different specs. I don't take things too serious, just love to golf. And I love BStone products. J40's took me from a 13hcp to a 9 in two months, hitting better shots than I've ever hit, pure, straight.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. Only so many ways to slice a CB though, glad it looks very basic, and Bridgestone type looks. I never considered Bridgestone, never really saw their clubs until over the summer I played with a college kid who had them. I tried his J40CB 6-iron, one swing and I was hooked. First round with a new full set I smoked the ball all day. I'm sure it's very mental, but I have my 2 best rounds in the last 15 years with them! And getting better.

I am the biggest Bstone HO here. But the new line up of irons does nothing for me as far as looks go. I dont understand the release of 5 sets by Bstone. Seems like overkill. Remember the CG mids??? yea those sold. NOT. That being said I will buy the new driver sight unseen.

F9 driver
king LTD 3 wood
F6 hybrid. vts silver
Z565. recoil 95
Pur wedges
Piretti Matera

For those pre-ordering the J15 DPF, what shaft are you choosing? Trying to decide what would fit me best. thx

Callaway Epic Mini driver- 12.5* (Epic head, Mini Big Bertha shaft- Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 S)
TM Burner Superfast 2.0- 3 wood 15*
Callaway Epic 2 Hybrid (UST Mamiya Recoil ES 780 S)- 18*
Maltby DBM (KBS Tour S)- 4-GW
Bridgestone J15 wedges (True Temper DG Spinner)- 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select

Feels really good carpet chipping, reminds me of a softer fourteen. Haven't been able to get out on the grass. The shape is different from the j40 line. The head is really compact. The finish doesn't seem to be your typical black oxide, I'm not sure exactly what it is. The grind seems to work great for opening the face…but I haven't gotten on really tight lies yet. There is milling on the face, but it is pretty fine compared to previous versions.

I don't normally play this much bounce, 56-14, so we will see if I hang on to it or if I go back to mizunos. Really wish Bridgestone would have offered more bounce and loft options….for making a big push with all of their equipment, they fell short in that regard for the wedges.

Sorry for the bad pictures, I go out of town tomorrow and it came this afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

well, I guess since no one wanted the wedge I will reshaft it instead of ordering a new one. Still haven't gotten it outside, but on carpet, I love the feel and the grind is great! I think I'll be ordering a few others to go with it and pass on the mizunos. I just love the profile of this thing and it looks awesome without the paint!

[quote name='vwgolfer' timestamp='1415405331' post='10413361']
[attachment=2488927:IMG_3264.jpg]

[quote name='czastrow' timestamp='1415314664' post='10408057']
Id put my bridgestone hoing up against anyone
[/quote]

I win.
[/quote]

Those retail 460cc heads dont match up against my 5 deep Bridgestone Prototype collection. Nice try though! I admire your tenacity for collecting Bridgestone!

[quote name='czastrow' timestamp='1416546219' post='10481733']
well, I guess since no one wanted the wedge I will reshaft it instead of ordering a new one. Still haven't gotten it outside, but on carpet, I love the feel and the grind is great! I think I'll be ordering a few others to go with it and pass on the mizunos. I just love the profile of this thing and it looks awesome without the paint!
[/quote]

It was a lil too much bounce for me and I'm still not sold on the black finish. I definitely like the sound of Bridgestone endo forged wedges without a doubt.

Seeing those MBs with the bright chrome finish has helped me make the final decision on what to do with this extra set of J33Bs I have sittin here!

To The Iron Factory! Bright chrome and no paintfill!

[quote name='OldSkoolTexan' timestamp='1416632889' post='10486885']
[quote name='czastrow' timestamp='1416546219' post='10481733']
[/quote]

It was a lil too much bounce for me and I'm still not sold on the black finish. I definitely like the sound of Bridgestone endo forged wedges without a doubt.

Seeing those MBs with the bright chrome finish has helped me make the final decision on what to do with this extra set of J33Bs I have sittin here!

To The Iron Factory! Bright chrome and no paintfill!
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not sure how the black will hold up compared to the previous black ox versions. The bounce is a bit much, but the grind really helps out with that.

Loved the 33b's. Should have kept mine.

I talked to Bridgestone about the length. They are the same as J40 but the J15 take the grip into account whereas the J40 did not. A 1/4" is important. I go +1/4", I've tried standard and +1/2" and 1/4" is PERFECTO!

As far as the stronger lofts on the CB's go, I kinda like it. Not as strong as Callaway Apex but a few stronger. I'm old school and say if I need more club, well I just take more club. Upon further review I like the spacing though. 3-4 irons are strong, I love those long irons. My home course demands accuracy and I hit lots of 3-4 irons, I'd love a few more yards as I don't use hybrids. They're long irons so 2.5 degrees will create enough dispersion. Then I do like the 5 degree in the high irons, I don't feel they need to be any closer in degrees. See Titleist AP's. too many clubs from 8-iron to the gap wedge, very confusing and can only screw your head up under the pressure of a tight round in a tourney or with the boys on Saturday AM.
So Bridgestone CB's are basic in the 3-PW but were able to basically provide 2-pw distance. I ordered a set and have a tee time for Feb.5th, I don't care if there's a foot of snow here in New England, I'm hittin them!!!!

I am an expat living in Japan and I was able to get my hands on a set of the J15CBs. They are amazing. I picked up the 3-PW with the N.S. Modus 120 S Flex in a +1 length as I am 6'4 and the extra length keeps me from having to keep my feet too far past shoulder width. I played with the irons for the first time yesterday and they were great. My playing partners were astounded at how hot the ball comes of the club face when properly hit. This is my first set of forged irons and I am in love. Hitting a clean shot with these makes you really feel what the ball is doing and you know exactly when you didn't quite get all of it. I went with the N.S. Modus for the reduced weight, since they were going to be a bit heavier due to the added length. These clubs not only play great but they look great too. The plated finish makes them really pop and the red Golf Pride grips make them stand out just enough to be noticed. All in all super happy with my purchase and look forward to many more great days on the course with my Japanese Steel beauties.

Just got my hands on an OEM Bridgestone J15 shaft adaptor. I might bite the bullet and order the J15 B5 445 from Japan. Really wish they would release the 445 in the US. You watching Bridgestone? Please please release the B5 445 driver!

TM M1 460 10.5° .::. MRC Tensei CK Blue 6S
Adams XTD Ti 15° .::. Matrix 7Q3 S
TM R15 Black 19° .::. Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1 S (tipped 2")
Bridgestone Airmuscle 2i 19° .::. PX HD2
Tourstage X Blade 709 CB 4i .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
Tourstage X Blade 909 Ltd 5-PW .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
Bridgestone J15 Black Ox 52°/58° .::. DG Onyx S400
Piretti 'Tour Only' Cortino II w/ Matrix U11-P01 Proto
Piretti 'Cortino LN' Long Neck Tour Ltd
Piretti Teramo CS
Bridgestone *B* Tour 330
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1059465-bpark1210-witb-bridgestone-pic-heavy/page__pid__9832393#entry9832393"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='NoahD' timestamp='1416887241' post='10499811']
I am an expat living in Japan and I was able to get my hands on a set of the J15CBs. They are amazing. I picked up the 3-PW with the N.S. Modus 120 S Flex in a +1 length as I am 6'4 and the extra length keeps me from having to keep my feet too far past shoulder width. I played with the irons for the first time yesterday and they were great. My playing partners were astounded at how hot the ball comes of the club face when properly hit. This is my first set of forged irons and I am in love. Hitting a clean shot with these makes you really feel what the ball is doing and you know exactly when you didn't quite get all of it. I went with the N.S. Modus for the reduced weight, since they were going to be a bit heavier due to the added length. These clubs not only play great but they look great too. The plated finish makes them really pop and the red Golf Pride grips make them stand out just enough to be noticed. All in all super happy with my purchase and look forward to many more great days on the course with my Japanese Steel beauties.
[/quote]

[quote name='Joe9977' timestamp='1416952702' post='10503095']
[quote name='NoahD' timestamp='1416887241' post='10499811']
[/quote]
[/quote]

How do you like the stronger lofts? I'm not a big fan of the golf world going long, long, longer. At what point is it enough? I use a wooden Ping Eye 2 3-wood and it's just as long as modern clubs less maybe a few yards but DEAD accurate.
I do like the J15 CB loft spacing though. They're not TOO strong, and I love the stronger long irons. I hit 3-4 irons all day. Also like the 5 degree spacing in the short irons.
How was the distance on the long irons? I assume a bit longer. I can't wait to get mine in February!!!

i'm interested in comparison between the cb and df, and if most will be choosing one or the other, or if combo sets will be popular.

mizuno seems to have lot of players combo their sets. i don't see many people combo ap2 and titleist cb's.

i'd like the forgiveness of the df and wondering how the short irons play. are they forgiving yet controllable with a launch that isn't too high and consistent distances.

going to be following the bridgestone threads a lot in the coming months not knowing if i'll get the chance to test these out anywhere in person.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

I've made up my mind going to have to snag a limited B5+ model driver.

[url="http://www.bs-golf.com/bs-products/club/driver/j715b5_plus.html"]http://www.bs-golf.com/bs-products/club/driver/j715b5_plus.html[/url]

TM M1 460 10.5° .::. MRC Tensei CK Blue 6S
Adams XTD Ti 15° .::. Matrix 7Q3 S
TM R15 Black 19° .::. Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1 S (tipped 2")
Bridgestone Airmuscle 2i 19° .::. PX HD2
Tourstage X Blade 709 CB 4i .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
Tourstage X Blade 909 Ltd 5-PW .::. Nippon Modus 3 125S tipped 1/2"
Bridgestone J15 Black Ox 52°/58° .::. DG Onyx S400
Piretti 'Tour Only' Cortino II w/ Matrix U11-P01 Proto
Piretti 'Cortino LN' Long Neck Tour Ltd
Piretti Teramo CS
Bridgestone *B* Tour 330
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1059465-bpark1210-witb-bridgestone-pic-heavy/page__pid__9832393#entry9832393"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='th6252' timestamp='1417019448' post='10506193']
So anyone know which one is going to be the closest replacement for the DPC? DF or DPF?
[/quote]

my guess is it would go df - dpc - dpf. I think the dpc fit between the 2, but I could be totally wrong. Thats the impression I get from information and looking at them.

I bought a j15 hybrid. It is better than the j40 hybrid. Looks feel shaft are better. It seemed long. Have not played a round yet with it only range. It's a great looking club, sound is muted, easy to hit too. Can't wait for driver. So glad BS decided on the fubuki as stock shaft. That Px on the j40s sucked. I am all BS except for my 3 wood.

F9 driver
king LTD 3 wood
F6 hybrid. vts silver
Z565. recoil 95
Pur wedges
Piretti Matera