Prov1x users

flyhighandlongflyhighandlong Posts: 282 ClubWRX
edited Apr 27, 2008 in Golf Balls #1
What an incredible ball!!!
This is the best ball that money can buy, I have personally compared it to the b-330 and the tour ix and still Prov1x maintains the number one spot, for me distance, iron feel and short game and with the putter, the Prov1x is the best for me!!!

I love this ball, I am not biased one way or the other, I will play the best performing ball for me and it still is the Prov1x...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• craz-ecraz-e Members Posts: 4,027 ✭✭
    I have to say I play my best golf with just the pro v1, I always try the latest offerings from Callaway, Taylormade, Srixon etc etc and still nothing beats the Pro v1. By far the best putting ball I have ever used.
    Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    5 Wood = Taylormade Burner

Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
    Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

= Taylormade 64* Hi-Toe
    Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  • bradskibradski Members Posts: 2,319 ✭✭
    people always talk about flight with a driver when comparing balls. the feel on a putter is just as important to me. also wedge work with the ball. prov1x is still my ball of choice and I have a couple dozen of almost everything.
  • ncstatered21ncstatered21 Lefty Boomers Posts: 2
    I do have to agree...its the best ball i've ever used. I just happen to get them for free image/yahoo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' /> from my moms work and later found out how much they were...I was quite happy to get them.
  • I've had good experiences with Bridgestone B330/e5/e6, Taylormade black/red but always come back to the ProV1x.

Treated myself to a dozen of the "#9s" from Morton Golf.

If anyone happens to be on the west side of Phoenix make sure to stop in at the Valley Golf Center in Avondale. They have a great everyday price on the Pro V1/V1x.
  • GrumGrum ★ Driven to Perfection ★ Members Posts: 3,152
    Durability is p*ss poor. An ok ball otherwise.
  • billybaroobillybaroo Cold and snowy MassachusettsPosts: 1,213 ✭✭
    IMO far too many other good balls to (over)pay for these. I play the ones I find, but won't pay my money for them.
  • Bite BiteBite Bite ~The Voice of Reason~ Members Posts: 504
    Grum wrote on Apr 28 2008, 01:20 PM:

Negative! The Pro V1x is one of the most durable balls on the market, it just depends on who's hitting it and how they're hitting it. I can use one for at least 18 holes of regular play... even with my new wedge. Thousands of other golfers will tell the exact same story.
  • Bite BiteBite Bite ~The Voice of Reason~ Members Posts: 504
    billybaroo wrote on May 1 2008, 11:07 AM:
    IMO far too many other good balls to (over)pay for these. I play the ones I find, but won't pay my money for them.

You can buy them used if you are on a budget. They can be had in mint condition for around $30 a dozen, and they are MINT (lostgolfballs.com). That is acceptable as long as you aren't losing one every hole.
  • muxi87muxi87 muxi87 Members Posts: 5,263
    See The Line wrote on May 1 2008, 11:13 AM:
    Grum wrote on Apr 28 2008, 01:20 PM:

Negative! The Pro V1x is one of the most durable balls on the market, it just depends on who's hitting it and how they're hitting it. I can use one for at least 18 holes of regular play... even with my new wedge. Thousands of other golfers will tell the exact same story.

well I'd definitely not one of those "thousands" either...the first shot I have form inside 125 always peels the cover off a new Pro V (x or regular). That's the #1 reason why I've never bought any of them...I'll stick to my Taylormade TP LDP Reds...
  • PurePursuit PurePursuit Members Posts: 2,237
    They are great balls, thats no secret...but there is a lot to be said about the other offerings out there right now and you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't at least try them out. Doesn't mean they will out-perform the Pro V line but you never can tell until you try. Some random guy at the range yesterday handed me a huge 5 gallon bucket filled with balls, about 40 of them are almost new Pro V1's...Score!!! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • ColinMBColinMB Members Posts: 1,836
    Well as an amateur player with about a 100MPH I have to say the ball is nice and forgiving for driver, but I've found it a bit lacking for us medium speed hitters.

But in my testing the short game is fantastic, while retaining side spin forgiveness on driver. A great combo.

I found the Taylormade TP Red (08) is a very worthy comparison. Give it a shot. It does not have quite the greenside spin (although entirely respectable) but you make nice gains on miss drives and distance.

For spin, I'm not sure why so many people have an issue with low spinning balls. I was doing very well sticking wedges last night, so I decided to pull out the ol' trusty Srixon Tri-speeds and even *I* can get them to one hop stop. Though my wedges are new this season.

I don't mind the V1X's lack of longevity. I hardly cut them up, and even so they do show wear more than an TP Red, they are fine for a round.

I guess it depends on your budget and swing type.