Playing in a scramble tomorrow

liveagua ·  
liveagualiveagua  1276WRX Points: 80Members Posts: 1,276 Platinum Tees
what distance ball should I play off the tee????
I am playing in a five man (yup should be called a 6 hour) scramble tomorrow for charity that I absolutely love (The Youth Life Learning Center).

What "rock" should I play of the tee???? I will be playing my standard Pro V1x for everything else...but looking for something to hammer off the tee.
Posted:
Titleist TS2 8.5 w/Accra TZ6
On -, @45.25 inches

Taylormade M6 Rocket w/Accra TZ6
On -, @42.75 inches

4-PW Titleist T200 w/Aerotech Steelfiber Black Label i110 stiff
On -, @3/4" over standard

Titleist T200 GW w/Aerotech Steelfiber Black Label i110 [email protected]/4" over standard
Titleist Vokey Raw 50/54/58 w/Aerotech Steelfiber Black Label i110 stiff
On -, @3/4" over standard

Directed Force Lab Blad.1 w/Stability Tour Shaft

Comments

• Ogre41Ogre41 Ijamsville, MD 1200WRX Points: 166Members Posts: 1,200 Platinum Tees
    The Hex Hot is a long ball. But the longest that I have played is the Noodle. The Ice to be specific. They don't make the Ice anymore, but my local Golf Galaxy has the Vanilla (white) for 13 bucks a dozen. They really fly a long way. Have fun in the scramble and swing hard in case you hit it.
    Posted:
    Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
    Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
    Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
    Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
    Ping Cadence B65
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • t.bahamat.bahama  261WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 261
    Bridgestone [email protected] or Callaway Hex HOT.
    Posted:
  • laseranimallaseranimal Ball Striking Machine  1163WRX Points: 0Handicap: 2.6Members Posts: 1,163
    Top Flite Freak

this thing is SCARY long
    Posted:
  • GehlyGehly  2030WRX Points: 152ClubWRX Posts: 2,030 ClubWRX
    I use the FREAK for scramble tee shots...loooooong!
    Posted:
  • JHRJHR michigan 4347WRX Points: 55Charter Members Posts: 4,347 Titanium Tees
    I agree with the Freak or Hot, both are total distance rocks, and they both deliver.
    Posted:
  • jcrizzlejcrizzle  108WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 108
    Use the Jack Hamm LONG BALL!!!!

POWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • alfiealfie  1413WRX Points: 60Members Posts: 1,413 Bunkers
    What's your swing speed?

Looking at the Feb. '08 Golf Magazine, for a 90 mph ss, top 5, the longest ball was theTaylormade TP Black ('08 release) at 259.1 total yards, followed by the Noodle+, TM TP Red ('08), Titleist NXT Extreme and Noodle+ Lady... I know, it all seems to be very "biased" towards TaylorMade balls. I guess you should take the info. however you wanna look at it.

For me, I get the longest distance off the tee using Titleist NXT Extreme and Precept's Laddie X (my ss is pretty low, though... anywhere between high 70's to mid 80's).
    Posted:
  • rattler917rattler917  323WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 323
    Something inexpensive like a top flite or pennicle that you don't mind going hard after and losing in the woods or water would be my choice, but the golf mag ball article would be a good place to start.
    Posted:
  • alfiealfie  1413WRX Points: 60Members Posts: 1,413 Bunkers
    rattler917 wrote on Apr 27 2008, 11:38 PM:
    Something inexpensive like a top flite or pennicle that you don't mind going hard after and losing in the woods or water would be my choice, but the golf mag ball article would be a good place to start.

Good point stated above by rattler917... Thus, the cheapest balls with the best distance is Precept's Laddie X. You get 24 balls for $19.99 + tax. Can't beat that!
    Posted:
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan  6800WRX Points: 67Handicap: 9.8Members Posts: 6,800 Titanium Tees
    I have a scramble on Friday -- the FREAK sounds like a good name -- does it deliver?
    Posted:
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/Accra i80 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●Evnroll ER8
  • abesarmyabesarmy  124WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 124
    Freak! Freak! Freak
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • valmariovalmario  826WRX Points: 93Members Posts: 826 Golden Tee
    i use the Burner... its pretty **** long, havent tried the freak, but have heard thats it is indeed freaky long
    Posted:
    G400 Max 9*
    RBZ Stage 2 - 14.5*
    Ping G25 20*
    PXG 0311 5-P
    Nike Engage 50/54
    PM Grind - 60
    TEI3 Newport 2 or EXO 7S or PXG Mustang
  • IanIan  450WRX Points: 1Members Posts: 450 Greens
    Yesterday I had a long drive contest with a competitive friend in our foursome. He is 3" taller and 30lbs. heavier but he likes to see me swing out of my boots (I make Daly's overswing look normal) and we bet .25 cents on each of 8 holes.

I used a Pinnacle Gold distance until I lost it after 4 holes. Great distance and good feel...I was down 1-3.

Then I pulled out my last Titleist Extreme and won 3-1 on the back nine. Two of those were toe shots and they still got out there 260.

Next, I'm trying the Freak and retire my old faithfull 983K for the LV4!!!! 300 here I come!!!!!
    Posted:
  • RyanTitliestRyanTitliest  2WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 2
    Ian, I have no idea who makes an lv4? Cobra makes an l4v (limit 4 variables) is this what u ment? If so wich one do u have? the X, F or M?
    Posted:
  • sirvinimsirvinim  208WRX Points: 55Members Posts: 208 Fairways
    liveagua wrote on Apr 27 2008, 09:36 PM:
    I am playing in a five man (yup should be called a 6 hour) scramble tomorrow for charity that I absolutely love (The Youth Life Learning Center).

What "rock" should I play of the tee???? I will be playing my standard Pro V1x for everything else...but looking for something to hammer off the tee.

What ball did you use and how did it go?
    Posted:
    Taylormade RBZ Tour Driver
    Taylormade SLDR 15 degree 3W
    Taylormade SLDR 18 degree 5W
    Mizuno MP-H5 21 degree 3 iron
    Mizuno MP-4 4-PW
    Cleveland CG12 54 degree
    Cleveland CG12 58 degree

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.