2020 TG2 - Iron and Wedge Reveal and MMT discussion

Edited by J13

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Nice bag J13! Can't wait to hear what driver shaft makes it! I wonder if you'll like the Rogue as much as Tai?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

@Corey - i'll do my best and it's a hot shaft right now.

[quote name='bjno1300' timestamp='1417753701' post='10546357']
Hey j13. Look forward to your feedback. That 757 is one sweet looking shaft. I really wanna hit it in the 915 when I go to fitting. I've also still got the di-6x I got from you a year or 2 ago. Great shaft. Cheers
[/quote]

I've hit the 915D3 and think its a great stick. Really impressed this year with Titleist and I'm not a huge Titleist fan to say the least. I also really like the look of the fwy woods and the 13.5 F/Fd has my eye for a 3 wood. The Speeder is a great looking shaft and I can't wait to hit it. Glad to hear the DI is working for ya !! Perfect example of how I tried to go to a 60g shaft and it didn't work out. I tried again with the Rogue 60TX and of course didn't work lol. I never learn.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1417754211' post='10546421']
Speeder 95 is the best hybrid shaft ever- period.

I would be interested to hear how the 757 Evo compared to the stock 757.
[/quote]

I agree, it's a great hybrid shaft and I love the feel of it. Rome 988 is also a special hybrid shaft. I'm going to either grab another Rome 988 or HB95x to match them up but again it's a mini test going on in my bag over the winter.

Haven't hit the stock 757 yet so I can't compare but I'm sure over the winter I will at some point. I spoke to some people who have and said the TS launched about 1-2* lower then the standard so that is why I got it. Also I like the look of the shaft better :partytime2:

[quote name='MNNikeGuy' timestamp='1417789112' post='10547467']
Nice bag J13! Can't wait to hear what driver shaft makes it! I wonder if you'll like the Rogue as much as Tai?
[/quote]

Thanks, and I know I already like the Rogue a lot. I had a 60TX and loved the feel but the weight just threw me off. The 70TX should be perfect.

Edel PROTO

Also working on some swing changes but here's a quick vid from my workout the other day.
[url="http://youtu.be/eqh-6wtDi8U"]http://youtu.be/eqh-6wtDi8U[/url]

Edel PROTO

Finally J. Great to see your thread going on this forum!

Callaway Paradym X 10.5  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T22 RAW 53/57 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

No prob at all guys.

So I got to hit the Taylormade R15 430 w/ Fuji Speeder Evolution 757 TS (stiff flex as that's what the Pro had in it) and hit the Pro's 815 DBD with his Fubuki ZT (stiff flex). ANyway this is not a true test by any means I just happened to swing by his shop as he was testing them on the GC2 monitor. He said he just got the 430 in and was doing a comparison. So without him telling me what he was seeing he told me to give them a crack to see my numbers. We used a premium ball for the "testing".

Initial thought was the R15 430 looks larger then it's predeseccor and I like the color white they used which is different then the R11 series. It's more of a pearl white, looks good and at first glance possibly more durable (less chipping). Anyway I got some great numbers with it despite the stiff flex but I was also in dress shoes and button down shirt so take it for what it is.

So after hitting shots with both setups I came to the conclusion that the DBD avg about 200rpm lower in spin, ball speed was 2mph faster and launch was 1* lower. Funny enough he showed me his numbers and they were almost identical. Sound on the R15 is better then last years SLDR but not as muted as the DBD. Sound and feel go to the DBD without a doubt. IMO it's the best sounding and feeling driver on the market, nothing comes close right now. So overall I think the R15 430 is more forgiving, has a larger footprint, and feels and sounds better then the SLDR 430. They improved on it in some key areas and I think you will see more Tour players using it then last year.

So you can take my expert test in work clothes and stiff flex shafts to the bank ;)

Edel PROTO

Nice swing and impressive bag. Thanks for sharing. Is there a big difference between speeder evo and last years 757 in terms of feel, launch, and spin?

Cobra Speedzone 9.0 Tour AD-GP 6x
Cobra Radspeed Big Tour 14.5 Tour AD-TP 7X 
Cobra Speedzone Tour 17.5 Tour AD-HD 8x
Tee CB Pro U 21 Tour AD DI 95x
Cobra King Forged Irons 5-G Nippon Modus 130 S
Cobra King Versatile 56* 60* Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
Kingston KP001 GSS

[quote name='Kalicardplayer28' timestamp='1417895047' post='10553307']
Nice swing and impressive bag. Thanks for sharing. Is there a big difference between speeder evo and last years 757 in terms of feel, launch, and spin?
[/quote]

Not sure just yet but next week I'll have a better idea.

Okay so everything is built, measured, and weighed. D4 is the SW for each which would be impossible without the opti fit weight system.

Fuji Speeder Evo 757 TS - 44.75" 6g Toe - 1g Heel , 335g total weight, D4
Veylix Rome 7RA - 45.25" 1g Toe - 1g Heel, 321g total weight D4
Aldila Rogue 125 70TX - 45.25" 5g Toe - 1g Heel, 329g total weight D4

Edel PROTO

Impressive collection of shafts. Should be interesting to see the outcome.

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7

[quote name='oldhamer25' timestamp='1417902878' post='10553799']
Impressive collection of shafts. Should be interesting to see the outcome.
[/quote]

YES it should.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1417923434' post='10555061']
You build all those yourself?
[/quote]

Yes, that's my work shop at the house. I do almost all my own builds I know it will get done right.

Edel PROTO

Now show us your putters.. Variety is the spice of life (cool)

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1417958194' post='10556739']
Now show us your putters.. Variety is the spice of life (cool)
[/quote]

HAHA my putter collection is not much to speak of. Not a big putter geek anymore although when I was playing more blade putters I had everything from Bettinardi's to Scotty Buttonbacks. Over the last two years I've really gravitated toward higher MOI designs with some good success. But I am messing around with a new flatstick but I''ll talk about that later :)

Edel PROTO

Some serious shafts here - very nice!

TaylorMade M2 2016, 8.0* UST ATTAS GoGo 5 6X
TaylorMade SLDR 14.3* UST Chrome 8FT5
Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 18* Speeder TS HB 9.8X
Srixon Z 765 4-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S
Titleist SM6 50F, 56M, 60K Kuro Kage TiNi LBP 105TX
Evnroll ER2

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/921839-first-witb-guess-where-im-from/"]WITB Link[/url]

Thanks it's fun to test the new stuff out there. Getting in the training facility tomorrow to get on the monitor for phase 1. Once I see what's going on with the numbers I can dial them in and get them on the course which is the ultimate and most important test.

Edel PROTO

Ok so I jumped on the flightscope yesterday with both the Speeder and Rogue. Didn't get crazy with numbers as they are waiting for new dots for the balls (for flightscope indoors). What I did see in averages the Rogue spun about 100-200 rpm less and launched about 1* lower. So basically both are extremely close from what I've seen which makes sense as boh are low spin shafts. Smash with both was great I even got a 1.52 with a ball hit high on the toe side lol. Anyway both feel good but give the edge to the Rogue. Such a unique feel to it and my friend who I was with (who's a +5) agreed.

In any case over the next few weeks I should be able to get on the LM more with some solid numbers but more importantly a handful of rounds in on the course. I know I said it above but for me the LM is a way to get a general idea if the shaft fits my swing and is able to produce numbers that are in the optimal RANGE. Once that's established I personally don't like to work much more with it and instead prefer to take the shafts/clubs on the course and put them through their paces. So LM weeds out stuff that doesn't fit and the course is the final decision maker. I see too many people fighting with LM"s about which shaft is better when they are only 150 rpms apart lol.

Note: I didn't have the Veylix Rome 7ra with me because I forgot it at home.

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1418305719' post='10577571']
Ok so I jumped on the flightscope yesterday with both the Speeder and Rogue. Didn't get crazy with numbers as they are waiting for new dots for the balls (for flightscope indoors). What I did see in averages the Rogue spun about 100-200 rpm less and launched about 1* lower. So basically both are extremely close from what I've seen which makes sense as boh are low spin shafts. Smash with both was great I even got a 1.52 with a ball hit high on the toe side lol. Anyway both feel good but give the edge to the Rogue. Such a unique feel to it and my friend who I was with (who's a +5) agreed.

In any case over the next few weeks I should be able to get on the LM more with some solid numbers but more importantly a handful of rounds in on the course. I know I said it above but for me the LM is a way to get a general idea if the shaft fits my swing and is able to produce numbers that are in the optimal RANGE. Once that's established I personally don't like to work much more with it and instead prefer to take the shafts/clubs on the course and put them through their paces. So LM weeds out stuff that doesn't fit and the course is the final decision maker. I see too many people fighting with LM"s about which shaft is better when they are only 150 rpms apart lol.

Note: [b]I didn't have the Veylix Rome 7ra with me because I forgot it at home.[/b]
[/quote]

Well thanks for taking the time to write all that. However, because of the last part, we now know it was a completely useless test. Don't pass Go, don't collect $200. Please head back out and test everything this time. Slacker

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1418336949' post='10580271']
[quote name='J13' timestamp='1418305719' post='10577571']

Note: [b]I didn't have the Veylix Rome 7ra with me because I forgot it at home.[/b]
[/quote]

Well thanks for taking the time to write all that. However, because of the last part, we now know it was a completely useless test. Don't pass Go, don't collect $200. Please head back out and test everything this time. Slacker
[/quote]

Haha well I apologize but with a newborn i'm glad I remember to put pants on let alone a single shaft. Didn't matter anyway I'm getting on the course tomorrow and prob Tuesday so I'll have a pretty good idea of whats going on. Then I will collect my 200 ;)

Edel PROTO

Superb choices. Best looking irons on the market and still quite forgiving. Your driver looks like it could makes par 5s quiver.....

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

J- When do you hear the new MD wedges will release?

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4

Thank guys glad to share

Carn - I like the irons a lot the only complaint I have about them is the slot. Makes the 5-7 feel is little different then 8-pw. But overall I have played extremely well with them not to mention the modus tour shafts are so good it's scary. As for the Par 5's i'm trying to make them quiver hence the new shaft shootout!!!! :)

Callaway Big Bertha 815 fairway woods and XR Line

Hit the entire line of 815 fwy and hybrids and the XR Line and WOW. As you can see I don't have a 3 wood but let me say come spring that slot will be filled with either the 815 fwy or XR line. The 815 might be the best fairway wood for the better ball striker on the market come next year. The shape and size is PERFECT and the weights swapped create vastly different numbers. If you are a high spin guy that wants to bring numbers down especially off the tee you can put the 30g in front, or if you're someone that hits a lot off the deck and wants a litte more spin to hit that green in 2 on the par 5 then keep the 30g in back. I think with the smallish size it will attract more of the solid ball striker crowd but don't get intimidated if your not sure. Just try it. The hybrid on the other hand is a great looking stick and will be more for the masses. I would say it's very simliar in size to the standard X2hot hybrid with that very dark blueish/black finish and an optifit weight in the bottom which makes it effortless to change SW (as a builder I love this option).

XR line- Didn't see the XR pro driver but I did see standard XR driver and didn't like it with the crown graphics.. As for the XR Pro 3 wood and hybrids it was a different story. I absolutely love the color and finish and I hope they keep it the same on retail heads as I hit the prototype heads. It's a rougher textured matte black and it looks very very cool. The pro is simliar shape and size as the 815 but maybe a smidge bigger and deeper face. XR standard hybrid was great and very forgiving while the Pro was very small and simllilar to the current X2hot pro hybrid which I don't like in any way.

One last thing I noticed was ball speeds were stupid. Honestly stupid.

Edel PROTO

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1418563451' post='10591361']
J- When do you hear the new MD wedges will release?
[/quote]

I thought I heard late spring/ early summer.

Edel PROTO

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM