WITB for bcflyguy1: all the 2021 clubs are in!

• 2 weeks later...

Stumbled across your thread looking through the Lydia Ko WITB. I'm a Callaway guy myself, but very much enjoyed scrolling through your TMAG bag.
Best of luck with the new Callaway bag. Looking forward to pics. You're gonna love the V-line is my guess.

Callaway Paradym 9* (N/+1) Ventus Red VeloCore 5/ Epic Speed 9* (N/+1) KBS TD 50 
Callaway Epic Speed 15* 3wd Fubuki Ax f65 

Callaway Epic Max 18* 5wd Fubuki Ax f75  
Callaway Rogue ST Pro hybrid 23* KBS Prototype 75 or Apex UT 24* KBS Prototype 85
Callaway Mavrik Pro KBS TGI 6-PW 
Callaway MD3 46*/8* & 50*/10* 
Callaway Jaws Raw 54*/10*S & 58*/8*Z grind 
Odyssey Two Ball Ten Tour Lined Limited Stroke Lab SS Zenergy Flatso 1.0 or

Odyssey 5k Tri Hot #2 Stroke Lab SS Zenergy Pistol Tour

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update:

Been on vacation for the last week + and have been able to log several rounds. I picked up a couple toys from my man AGADAWG17171 to mess around with on the trip, and they've both been a lot of fun.

Bertha Alpha 9* (set at 10* with GC down) with Fubuki ZT 60X: Best way to describe this head is that it comes close to offering the combination of high launch and low spin that SLDR does, but what it adds in trade is noticeably more forgiveness and consistency. IOW, better results from less than stellar contact. Can't wait to get it in my hands with the heavier shaft that will be in my driver.

Adams Pro Mini 18* hybrid with ATX Green 85X: Haven't seen this club talked about on here much at all, which surprises me. The only remotely negative thing about it is that the slot on top of the head is at a different angle to the face which can make alignment a bit tricky until you realize that they are different. Great trajectory, nice feel, and just disgustingly long when hit well. Played several rounds at the little country 9 hole course not far from the family farm that has small, firm greens with pronounced crowning that don't receive partial wedge shots nearly as well as they do full ones. For this reason, I've been using the Pro Mini, from the tee quite often. Problem is that several time I've found my tee shots out at a distance in the fairway that I'd expect to find my 3W, and close enough to the green that I don't have the full swing that I wanted. Good problem to have, and always brings a laugh.

Still trying to make up my mind about how to incorporate the Tour Grind R wedges into the bag. May just get a 60, or may go 52 and 58.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

[quote name='ewill' timestamp='1407331089' post='9869347']
Nice bag!! Wheres that new update via fedEx?/
[/quote]

Not sure, need to make a call to see if they've come in yet. Will get pics and playing reports up ASAP.

WITB Link

• 2 weeks later...

Love the remove before flight tags

[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 913D2 8.75* w/ Diamana Blue S[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 913F 16.5* w/ Diamana Blue S[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Anser 20* w/ TCF 800 s[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#008000][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron w/ KBS C TAPER LITE X
Mizuno MP5 4-PW w/ KBS C TAPER LITE X
Titleist SM6 52* KBS TOUR 90 S
Titleist SM6 58* STOCK
Odyssey #7[/font][/size][/color]

• 4 months later...

2014-15 bag pictures are up. Went a little light on the pictures for now since everything but the putter has been in public circulation for a while. The new Works line from Odyssey is pretty solid.

WITB Link

[quote name='sbjinx' timestamp='1419451659' post='10638355']
Is the Odyssey Works a custom shop (ie custom make your own putter) or a new line for 2015. Either way it looks sweet
[/quote]

I believe it's a new line not a custom shop but I can be wrong.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Tour 3 Fairway 15.0D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

Really enjoying it in the limited time I've had with it so far. Everything I loved about the original Alpha (really low spin but still a bit more forgiveness than SLDR) and nothing I didn't like so much (the anti-left bias). For me, it's just perfectly neutral and the sound, feel, and appearance are fantastic.

WITB Link

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

[attachment=3055852:IMG_4095.JPG]

Unmarked white ball boxes are always fun... :butcher:

Lucked into a couple dozen Chrome Soft X (or Chrome Soft * as the sidestamp says). Apparently this is a ball that was going to be brought to market but the plug was pulled at the last second just like Chrome Speed last year. 4 piece ball just like the new Chrome Soft that is coming to retail (4 piece version of the Chrome Soft that Tour staff was using last year) but with a firmer cover that spins less off wedges. Not sure how I'll get along with this ball as I like all the short game spin I can get, but will still make for a fun test drive.

[attachment=3055854:IMG_4096.JPG][attachment=3055856:IMG_4097.JPG]

Almost complete bag overhaul for 2016 will be coming soon. The Works V Line stays, but everything else will be new! Giddy-up! :bb2:

WITB Link

• 1 month later...

Have several rounds in now with the * prototype of the 2016 Chrome Soft, and must say I like everything about the ball except that it is a little lacking for spin on chips and pitches (just as I was told it likely would). I can see now why Callaway decided not to bring this version to retail. If you're not a really high spin player, the * is not going to give you what you're looking for in the scoring zone. Awesome in the long game and off the putter, but just tends run out more than normal around the green. Having said that, I'm REALLY pumped to try the retail version with its softer cover.

I found the original CS to be too soft, but have no such issues with the 2016 iteration. Feel off the putter is still soft but not to the point of feeling springy or hot, typically superior wind performance, distance control on irons and full wedges is much more predictable than the original, and it can keep up with anything else in the long game distance department.

The time I can commit to practicing and playing continues to shrink, so will be going a much more forgiving route in 2016 than last year, particularly at the long end of the bag. Resolved to spend a much greater percentage of my practice time on the short game and so thought it wise to go with more forgiving longer clubs. Also getting back to using shaft profiles that I never, ever should have strayed from.

Pictures will be updated shortly after they finally get here. Geeked, as always... :smilie_cally:

WITB Link

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not that anyone is waiting breathlessly for the 2016 update, but sorry for the delay in getting my pictures up. Been waiting to post until my Apex hybrids get in, and they've been delayed due to an availability SNAFU with the shaft I ordered in them.

Still playing the SR3, but was really impressed by the Chrome Soft X and would continue to play it if I could get them in any sort of quantity. Will be testing the new OTR Chrome Soft next.

Order of the day after work is testing an "Animal Style" Great Big Bertha head to see how it compares to my XR16 driver, which has been a very strong performer.

WITB Link

Love the bag great updates. Seems the standard XR fairway is gathering a lot of play on tour over the pro. How does it compare to your old fairways?

Thanks.

XR16 vs. Bertha V Series: At address, the new XR looks a bit shallower than the Bertha V. They both launch quite high (even from the deck), but the XR's ball flight is noticeably stronger particularly after reaching trajectory's apex. Definitely less spin from the XR, but not sure exactly how much. Tough to beat the Alpha 816 is you're looking for really low spin in your FW, but the XR is noticeably more forgiving. I also prefer the softer sound and feel that I've observed from XR16. If I can find a way to make the XR driver sound and feel like the FW, it will be just about perfect.

XR16 vs SLDR: SLDR was lower launching and spinning, but was much more demanding than XR. SLDR was hard enough to hit from the deck that it really just became a club to gear down from the tee with. On my best swings, SLDR was what I would call a Trackman All-Star, but out in the real world where poor swings happen it ended up costing me strokes too often. XR16 doesn't punish my so-so swings nearly as much, and that translates into lower numbers on the card.

WITB Link

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The semi-annual (and possibly final) experiment with blade style putters was such an epic failure this year that I didn't even document it in this thread with pictures. Tried 2 different Odyssey #1s (blacked out MXM and Damascus White Steel iX) and couldn't make much more than tap-ins with either one. I'm a "potato masher" kind of guy, and hopefully will finally accept that truth. That being said, I have a face-balanced putter on the way that I am REALLY geeked to take for a test drive.

Done a little bit of testing on the 2016 Chrome Soft, and have to say I'm not completely convinced that the new model solves all the short-comings of the original. My first round out with it I found myself in the fairway with a perfect lie and about 140 to the middle of the green on two different occasions. Perfect distance for PW, don't have to gas it or feather it. And both times at impact I felt the ball go SQUISH and looked up to see the dreaded hot flier trajectory. :superman: Fortunately both times it happened there was room to miss behind the green because I found my ball 15 yards beyond the back edge. Not cool, and doesn't exactly fill one with a lot of confidence that you're going to be rewarded for your good swings. :fie: It hasn't happened more than once or twice since then, but first impressions are very powerful things. Ideally I'd like to find a way to get hold of more of the * version of the 2016 ball, will see if that's possible.

WITB Link

About once every two years I get the itch to experiment with a blade style putter, and in spite of trying two really nice looking and feeling Odyssey #1's the experiment was (yet again) a complete failure. Perhaps it was bad enough this time that I will have finally learned my lesson that I'm just a face-balanced guy, but somehow I doubt it.

So even though the Big T V-Line has rolled the ball quite well, I was looking to try something a little more refined and since I work part-time in golf it seemed like I should have at least a little something in my bag that is unique. Found what I was looking for, and after about 20 minutes of rolling it on the way home from work it's a definite contender. With the new Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X, the feel off the face is in that indescribable sweet spot between too firm and too soft. Will get it lengthened and re-gripped tomorrow, and really looking forward to seeing what it does when put in play.

WITB Link

That V Line Fang looks nasty.

I'm the same way about the putters. I'll get on a blade kick, buy a few, hate them sell them, and I'll wash rinse repeat usually once every year or two. Blades are so sexy but just do not fit me no matter how much I try.

G430 LST 10.5* - G430 Max 15* - Cobra Baffler 17.5*- Sub 70 Pro 20* & 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58*  - F22

Another really good outing with the V-Line Fang today, +1 73 in a high wind and on punched/sanded greens. Love the milled insert, makes distance control much more consistent.

Apex hybrids really performed well today in the wind also, Best hybrids I've had since the tour issued Adams A2TS that was in the bag many years ago. If I can get hold of one of the 16* Apex heads that I saw in a bag at Harbor Town, then carrying a FW may become a thing of the past. While I do like the XR16 4W I have in the bag now, FW has always been the club that I have the least confidence in.

Was also very impressed with the 10.5* XR 16 Pro head that was in the bag this morning. That little bit less of spin and a much softer sound than the standard XR. I only hit the driver 5 times today but every one of them was on target and deep. I'd be curious to hit the Sub-Zero just for curiosity's sake, but my AoA with the driver isn't anywhere near negative enough that I need it to have optimum launch conditions.

WITB Link

• bcflyguy1 changed the title to WITB for bcflyguy1: all the 2021 clubs are in!