2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

[quote name='RPVL' timestamp='1418653093' post='10595359']
New wedges again??
[/quote]

To be honest I don't know I just thought I heard something about it. Might be more loft / grind offerings.

On a side note I gave these a whirl yesterday (Mizuno Mp-15's). I didn't take the whole set out just a few of the irons that I know I'd use the most on my course. I liked the feel although not as good as the 64's and I liked the minimal offset and thin top line. I really like the profile I think they are a great blend of forgiveness and workability for a players game enhancement iron. Only downside I saw was they tended to dig for me, moreso then my TM MC's. Conditons are very soft right now so I"m sure these would be better in firmer conditions but that's what I'm working with right now. Overall great offering although not strong enough for me to make a switch. TM MC's are still the champ.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I am very interested in the MP 15 but the digging comment concerns me as I don't think I will be able to hit them outside before I have to make a decision. Were they different then the 64's and do you play a steep AoA?

Also, any other thoughts that might be of interest.... yardages, where does the forgiveness fall etc.

Thanks

915 D3 8.5
915F 15
915HD 17.5
J15CB 4-PW
X forged 49, 54, 59
California Del Mar

[quote name='Townes' timestamp='1418702218' post='10599235']
I am very interested in the MP 15 but the digging comment concerns me as I don't think I will be able to hit them outside before I have to make a decision. Were they different then the 64's and do you play a steep AoA?

Also, any other thoughts that might be of interest.... yardages, where does the forgiveness fall etc.

Thanks
[/quote]

I felt the turf interaction was similar to the Mp64's and they dug on me a bit as well. Also keep in mind it's super soft right now in Maryland as we've been getting a lot of rain and it's not cold enough to freeze or warm enough to dry out so it just kind of stay saturated. But with that said I have no digging issues with the TM MC's in these conditions. Also I don't have a steep AOA and tend to take shallow divots when I take them. You can see the roots of the grass in my divots. Yardage wise they are comparable to what I have so I would say that are a standard players iron.

[size=5][b]Shaft war:[/b][/size]
[size=5][size=4]So testing is moving forward and I actually added in another shaft which is the Motore Speeder Tour Spec 8.3X. Plays the shortest length out of everything I'm testing (44") but so far I'm really enjoying it. I may have found my sweet spot as I've tried everything from 43.5"-45.5" and so far 44-44.5" has been extremely comfortable and accurate. I feel very good about how far I'm away from the ball and really feel like I'm in control of the club and the direction of the ball. Also the 8.3TS is turning out to be a great driver shaft not only because of length but feel. So the dilemma I'm faced with is do I cut the remaining shafts down or not. The only downside with the 8.3 is adding more weight to the head to get my desired D4 SW. I have an 8 and 5g in the head which is a considerable amount of weight and I think it could be causing the shaft to flex a bit more. [/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4]Oh and for $hits and giggles I added a 13g and 14g weight to the head and hit a few balls. It was like a telephone phone and balls just went dead right haha :)[/size][/size]

Edel PROTO

Great thread!

I am gunning for one of the Veylix to take your shaft spot! I am currently gaming the Rome 688 Wild eye, and I totally love it! Great feel, and produces some great numbers for me!

Taylormade Sim2/ Ventus Blue 
Taylormade Sim2 Ti/ Tour DI
Titleist 818H2/ Tour AD
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Iron
Wilson Staff Model 5-PW
Titleist Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58
Bettinardi BB0 Tour Hive/ Stability Tour Black Edition
Full bag here

when i was getting fitted for my veylix - my fitter said he's yet to have a single person walk in the door who can handle the roughneck. no one has the tempo or SS to get it to load properly. lol i look forward to hearing your thoughts

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Veylix no doubt are some the best shafts on the market. I have a Rome 688, 7RA, and Arcane and love them all. Problem for me recently is the weight. I've gone shorter then standard in driver length which makes it hard to use a 60g shaft. The Arcane is my favorite of the bunch.

I have no problem loading the Roughneck in fact I have it tipped 1" to help take some of the left bias out of it. I do have a hard time at points getting it to stop going left for me becauae I have an aggressive transition and come from the inside by up to 4* at times when I'm really dropping the club.

Edel PROTO

love the thread J13 and all the inside on the Veylix. Got me intrested might need to try one too. Can't wait to see the final results

TaylorMade M2 2016, 8.0* UST ATTAS GoGo 5 6X
TaylorMade SLDR 14.3* UST Chrome 8FT5
Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 18* Speeder TS HB 9.8X
Srixon Z 765 4-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S
Titleist SM6 50F, 56M, 60K Kuro Kage TiNi LBP 105TX
Evnroll ER2

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/921839-first-witb-guess-where-im-from/"]WITB Link[/url]

Thanks for finally having a witb link on your sig.

Callaway Paradym X 10.5  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T22 RAW 53/57 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1419169396' post='10623935']
Thanks for finally having a witb link on your sig.
[/quote]

Your welcome I aim to please.

Small Update:

Holidays are insane as usual so i'm praying to sneak away Christsmas eve for a quick round in the morning as I have the day off. Also I've cut the Rogue down to a playing length of 44.5" so it gets a fair shake. I really enjoy the feel and performance of the Rogue but at 45.25" (longest setup in my test) i'm leaving some accuracy and distance on the table. A center strike is the best way to maximize your driver and 44"-44.5" is my sweet spot.

So as of now lengths are as follows
Rogue -----------------------44.5
Speeder 8.3 TS -- --------44"
Arcane 86g ----------------44
Speeder evo ts 757 ---- 44.5" (cut down as well)
Rome 7RA (roughneck)-44.75"

Edel PROTO

Merry Christmas everyone hope whoever is keeping up with this WITB is having fun with it. And BTW the Rogue is performing so well right now I might put a bow on it and put it under the tree for myself :)

Edel PROTO

Quick update:
Played yesterday and the Speeder 757 Evo TS is out of the race, it's a great shaft but it' just not working well with my swing. Distance is good but dispersion is a bit all over the place for me. Rome 7RA is out as well. The weight is making it impossible to cut to my new length so it's out of this race.

But......I now have an ALDILA ROGUE 125 MSI 80TX coming!!!!!!!! It will play 44" at D4 and I can't wait to see how it stacks up. So the race is now between

Motore Speeder 8.3 Tour Spec 44"
Aldila Rogue 70TX 44.5"
Veylix Arcane 86g 44"
Aldila Rogue 80TX 44"

Edel PROTO

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1419823950' post='10653735']
Short and heavy, that's the way to roll brother!!!!
[/quote][quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1419823950' post='10653735']
Short and heavy, that's the way to roll brother!!!!
[/quote]

Yeah I want accuracy and distance not pure distance. And for those that want to see first hand how thin these walls are in the tip section of the Rogues here's a pic I took compared to the 757 Evo TS.

Edel PROTO

How do you find those TM TP wedges? I just ordered the same in a 52 and 58 1/2 longer in the S300 shaft.

They just felt great in the shop. Better than the mack daddys to my eye.

Like your set up and nice swing. My backswing needs to get more upright like yours.

PS@ Cannot get over how good your driver head looks. My testing on shafts favoured the rogue heavy for me. Shocking the difference in wall thickness the last great photo you posted.

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

[quote name='carn9698' timestamp='1419845089' post='10654385']
How do you find those TM TP wedges? I just ordered the same in a 52 and 58 1/2 longer in the S300 shaft.

Like your set up and nice swing. My backswing needs to get more upright like yours.

PS@ Cannot get over how good your driver head looks. My testing on shafts favoured the rogue heavy for me. Shocking the difference in wall thickness the last great photo you posted.
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words the swing is always a work in progress sometimes to a fault. The DBD head is flawless IMO with the sound and feel that is just perfect. I'm getting the same spin as I was with my SLDR but forgiveness is much improved. I really like the wedges though something about the shape that just suites my eye and I tend to like my wedges to match my irons if possible. It doesn't always work out that way but in this case it did.

You welcome for the pic, the wall thickness or thinness in this case is very unique

ON A SIDE NOTE:

Had a CAREER day today and shot my BEST ROUND EVER of -7 (65) !!!!!! beat my personal best by 2 strokes so i'm extremely happy about the game right
now. The Rogue 70TX was in the driver toda with a setting at +1 and CORE UP. Drove it exceptionally well but irons were extremely good. The Tank 7 was on fire as well. The game was firing on all cyclinders today it was a pleasure to swing the club.

OH and tried the new Callaway ball the Chrome soft today which was the first full round I played with it. Yeah I like it :)

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1419897905' post='10657449']
[quote name='carn9698' timestamp='1419845089' post='10654385']

[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words the swing is always a work in progress sometimes to a fault. The DBD head is flawless IMO with the sound and feel that is just perfect. I'm getting the same spin as I was with my SLDR but forgiveness is much improved. I really like the wedges though something about the shape that just suites my eye and I tend to like my wedges to match my irons if possible. It doesn't always work out that way but in this case it did.

You welcome for the pic, the wall thickness or thinness in this case is very unique

ON A SIDE NOTE:

Had a CAREER day today and shot my BEST ROUND EVER of -7 (65) !!!!!! beat my personal best by 2 strokes so i'm extremely happy about the game right
now. The Rogue 70TX was in the driver toda with a setting at +1 and CORE UP. Drove it exceptionally well but irons were extremely good. The Tank 7 was on fire as well. The game was firing on all cyclinders today it was a pleasure to swing the club.

OH and tried the new Callaway ball the Chrome soft today which was the first full round I played with it. Yeah I like it :)
[/quote]-7 gross, that's a special day. Write down each shot and keep it. The best I ever did - 5 gross 63 course record in 1997 at my home track. It stood as the amateur course record for 10 years. I was 29 and in my prime back then though!

In September this year I played with a guy in Scotland off +3 and he shot -5 63 gross on Carnousties sister course. No wind, but no pushover. Back blocks. His standard must be around your skill level. He played for Scotland as a boy. I found it inspiring seeing this guy just bullet his driver no fear right on line, every putt past the hole. Every chip stiff. Not cocky either, just good, focused and enjoying it.

Not tried the chrome yet. I like the standard TM TP. Underrated.

Congrats on todays round. Cherish it and channel in to those feelings for future rounds. You will have many more if you can retain your love for the game. I`m making a push now in my late forties to re-kindle my enthusiasm and play like I used to or even better somehow hopefully.

Good luck for 2015.

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

Wow! Nice round J! I'd like to see you and Tai battle it out.

What would you compare the new callaway ball to?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Carn- Thank you for the kind words it was a great day to be on the green. Sounds like your a good player yourself it's always nice when hard work pays off in the form of low scores! In the last two months i've beaten my best score twice so I know i'm moving into the right direction.

[quote name='MNNikeGuy' timestamp='1419961025' post='10660629']
Wow! Nice round J! I'd like to see you and Tai battle it out.

What would you compare the new callaway ball to?
[/quote]

Thanks brotha it was a great day that's for sure especially since it was 46* lol. Never expected to go out throwing darts. And yeah it would great to get together with other players and get a tourney going. Would be fun I know Tai's a good player as well as quite a few guys here.

The best way to describe the ball is like a softer feeling and more muted version of the TM Lethal or Prov1x. Still low spin off the driver but feels like a balata off the irons. Putter wise it feels great. Off the driver it has a higher trajectory then the lethal and on irons it's a little longer. I like that i could flight it up or down.

[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1419976959' post='10661951']
Sweet round, congrats! Just finding this thread but I enjoy all your posts on the main board. I hate that it's happening but every positive review makes me want to order a rogue.
[/quote]

Swiz whatsup man, yeah just started this thread to make it easy to get info out there. I get a lot of the same questions asked via pm so figured this way I could post the info for everyone to see and make it easier on myself. The Rogue is a great shaft and as I said above I've had the 60TX, now the 70TX and as of tomorrow I'll have the 80TX :) The 60 was too light to play shorter so I got rid of it. The 70 has been great and might be the winner of my shaft battle but the tinker in me has to know if the 80TX at 44" is better.

Edel PROTO

So I got the 80TX Rogue and it's awesome. Love the weight, love the shorter length, love the accuracy. I think i'm sold. ALso this is no ordinary Roue 125 80TX, this is the OG ETCHED version from tour that was only done in the first 2 runs (from my knowledge). All of the graphics are laser etched into the graphite not painted on like the limited edition runs or even the other tour issue releases. It's a pretty cool shaft and I took some comparison pics vs my 70TX that has the graphics painted on. Check it out i did the best I could with pics, hard to show the etching but you get the idea,

The shaft on top in pics is the 80/Etched version

Edel PROTO

Looks good. Where are you scoring all these Rogues?

Callaway Paradym X 10.5  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T22 RAW 53/57 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

J, that 80TX Rogue is probably one of the cooler things I've seen on here. Even better if it performs.

Also, maybe I missed it but what's the story with the TP wedges? Seems like they've been overlooked by most on this site with all the options from Vokey, Cally and Cleveland. I've been back and forth between the Vokeys and Callaway for the last few years but I'm interested in the TP 60 ATV. Especially if the spin potential is up there with the MD2 and SM5, which I found were the best by far since the groove change.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1420311684' post='10679897']
Looks good. Where are you scoring all these Rogues?
[/quote]

If I told you I'd have to kill you ;)

[quote name='Jimhayden' timestamp='1420312354' post='10679965']
Where did u get the callaway hybrid headcovers? I'd like one! Been using the xhot callaway sock
[/quote]

I think i got them off ebay. Just search Callaway hybrid headcovers. I love them, nice and simple and they fit really well.

I'll answer the other questions when i get on my pc (on my phone now)

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1420309490' post='10679695']
So I got the 80TX Rogue and it's awesome. Love the weight, love the shorter length, love the accuracy. I think i'm sold. ALso this is no ordinary Roue 125 80TX, this is the OG ETCHED version from tour that was only done in the first 2 runs (from my knowledge). All of the graphics are laser etched into the graphite not painted on like the limited edition runs or even the other tour issue releases. It's a pretty cool shaft and I took some comparison pics vs my 70TX that has the graphics painted on. Check it out i did the best I could with pics, hard to show the etching but you get the idea,

The shaft on top in pics is the 80/Etched version
[/quote]
Show off!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='JJK947' timestamp='1420321121' post='10680655']
J, that 80TX Rogue is probably one of the cooler things I've seen on here. Even better if it performs.

Also, maybe I missed it but what's the story with the TP wedges? Seems like they've been overlooked by most on this site with all the options from Vokey, Cally and Cleveland. I've been back and forth between the Vokeys and Callaway for the last few years but I'm interested in the TP 60 ATV. Especially if the spin potential is up there with the MD2 and SM5, which I found were the best by far since the groove change.
[/quote]

I have 1 round in so far with the 80TX and I like what i'm seeing. More to come as I get some rounds in. TP wedges are stellar IMO especially the ATV grind. Im a huge fan and I like how under the radar they are as I get them cheaper :) Spin is very good with them especially around the green. I tested the SM5's and liked them a lot I think they are a huge improvement over the Sm4's. And I had the Cally MD'2 but I wanted more of a V/M Grind and I ended up giving them to my brother and got the TM' TP's. At the time the tour grind MD2's were out yet and I couldn't wait anymore.

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1420322449' post='10680765']
A bit off topic, but they did they ever air the cally commercial that you participated in?
[/quote]

I'm not sure that it made it to TV I actually meant to shoot them a message and ask if I could even get the footage. I know they shot a TON of footage when I was in Vegas with them so who knows if and when things will be made into an actual commercial. It's interesting because what I saw on TV was about 2% of what I saw shot so we'll see what comes out in the future. I have pics from it but man i would love to have the actual footage of me and Gary Woodland. He is a good dude just like most of my buddies at home. Drink a beer watch a game kind of atitude.

MNNike- The etched version has been a goal of mine since i saw it on the tour vans at the Zurich Classic in New Orleans. Just a cool freaking shaft.

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1420340245' post='10682165']
[quote name='JJK947' timestamp='1420321121' post='10680655']

[/quote]

I have 1 round in so far with the 80TX and I like what i'm seeing. More to come as I get some rounds in. TP wedges are stellar IMO especially the ATV grind. Im a huge fan and I like how under the radar they are as I get them cheaper :) Spin is very good with them especially around the green. I tested the SM5's and liked them a lot I think they are a huge improvement over the Sm4's. And I had the Cally MD'2 but I wanted more of a V/M Grind and I ended up giving them to my brother and got the TM' TP's. At the time the tour grind MD2's were out yet and I couldn't wait anymore.

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1420322449' post='10680765']
A bit off topic, but they did they ever air the cally commercial that you participated in?
[/quote]

I'm not sure that it made it to TV I actually meant to shoot them a message and ask if I could even get the footage. I know they shot a TON of footage when I was in Vegas with them so who knows if and when things will be made into an actual commercial. It's interesting because what I saw on TV was about 2% of what I saw shot so we'll see what comes out in the future. I have pics from it but man i would love to have the actual footage of me and Gary Woodland. He is a good dude just like most of my buddies at home. Drink a beer watch a game kind of atitude.

MNNike- The etched version has been a goal of mine since i saw it on the tour vans at the Zurich Classic in New Orleans. Just a cool freaking shaft.
[/quote]
Yes it is a very cool shaft! I was just giving you crap. I just wish I was man enough for a 80TX!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

MNNikeguy- The 80TX feels really good and I like feeling the heavier weight of the club. Plus keep in mind i'm playing it at 44.25" which is not short but in todays world it' considered so. Look at the gapping in clubs in terms of length. 5 wood 42, then 3wood 43-43.5 (which needs to stop), then Driver up to 46" !!!! It's insane. Most people would do well by getting a 70g range shat and going to 44.5" or shorter.

Edel PROTO

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM