ACT/SAT Scores

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that question belong here? Just wondering if you are wondering what type of score will get you into specific schools?

Are you asking whether it belongs in the juniors forum? If so, I'd say it does. Either here or 19th hole, but I'd say its more of a junior specific question.

As for my score, I find out on May 22! I'll let you guys know when i find out. Keep your fingers crossed... :man_in_love:

It really does not belong here, unless it is in reference to getting to specific colleges. Otherwise, please tell me what that question has to do with golf. Maybe I should post a new topic on this golf forum asking people their IQ.

pm sent

edit: in addition, I do believe there is a 4 page thread about what car you drive, I think this thread is just fine

34 science, 32 math, 30 english, 27 reading for a 31 composite

So obviously you just put this on here to brag...I agree with JCrew that this has NOTHING to do with golf in the slightest. If it was a thread on what kind of car you drive it could involve golf with keeping your clubs there as storage...or for how many bags you can fit in your car for a trip with the guys. Oh well...continue your bragging.

So obviously you just put this on here to brag...I agree with JCrew that this has NOTHING to do with golf in the slightest. If it was a thread on what kind of car you drive it could involve golf with keeping your clubs there as storage...or for how many bags you can fit in your car for a trip with the guys. Oh well...continue your bragging.

I don't understand why you're getting so incensed over this thread? I stated it for what is is; this thread doesn't have much to do with golf but I just posted my response and moved on with life. It didn't seem like he was trying to hard to brag? Care to participate in the thread?

I don't understand why you're getting so incensed over this thread? I stated it for what is is; this thread doesn't have much to do with golf but I just posted my response and moved on with life. It didn't seem like he was trying to hard to brag? Care to participate in the thread?

My last reply was in respone to a PM that he sent me, I was just wondering what he was looking to find with his question, or was he trying to validate his own score by hearing others with lower scores. Either way, sorry for asking what he was shooting for with this thread. :clapping:

My last reply was in respone to a PM that he sent me, I was just wondering what he was looking to find with his question, or was he trying to validate his own score by hearing others with lower scores. Either way, sorry for asking what he was shooting for with this thread. :clapping:

No worries man, I just thought it would be interesting to see what people have gotten and maybe share some tips and tricks on how to score well. Please don't take me for some insecure kid, this just happens to be a very important topic for high schoolers that many can relate to.

No worries man, I just thought it would be interesting to see what people have gotten and maybe share some tips and tricks on how to score well. Please don't take me for some insecure kid, this just happens to be a very important topic for high schoolers that many can relate to.

Now that makes great sense to me and I hope you can find some tricks on here. Unfortunately I went to HS in NJ and the ACT was not really important in the northeast in the mid 90's. And like many other on here the SAT was out of 1600 when I took it 13-14 years ago. I heard they redesigned the test which probably needed to be done...good luck when you take it again.

Now that makes great sense to me and I hope you can find some tricks on here. Unfortunately I went to HS in NJ and the ACT was not really important in the northeast in the mid 90's. And like many other on here the SAT was out of 1600 when I took it 13-14 years ago. I heard they redesigned the test which probably needed to be done...good luck when you take it again.

Dont take this the wrong way or anything, but if you graduated highschool in the mid 90's why are you saying stuff about this in the junior golf section. If im not mistaken your probably close to around 31 years of age or so. For us juniors, nowadays SAT/ACT scores are everything, and if you are looking to play golf in college and are not getting an academic scholarship, these scores determine alot. This is actually a good thread even though I think some people might exagerate a little. Its good to see where you are amongst the crowd sometimes, especially in this case because these are the people you are going up against

For us juniors, nowadays SAT/ACT scores are everything

from someone who went through college admissions 3 and a half years ago, I can tell you that this is not true at all. the number of high school kids who score above 2100 on the SAT is huge, as is the number of kids coming from high school with a 4.0 or higher. Assuming you have decent scores and GPA, which it sounds like most of you do, making an impact with extracurriculars is by far the best way to stand out and get into your school of choice. And however touchy the subject is, if you want the truth, being a minority will top pretty much any extracurriculars you can do.

For us juniors, nowadays SAT/ACT scores are everything

from someone who went through college admissions 3 and a half years ago, I can tell you that this is not true at all. the number of high school kids who score above 2100 on the SAT is huge, as is the number of kids coming from high school with a 4.0 or higher. Assuming you have decent scores and GPA, which it sounds like most of you do, making an impact with extracurriculars is by far the best way to stand out and get into your school of choice. And however touchy the subject is, if you want the truth, being a minority will top pretty much any extracurriculars you can do.

gpa matters a big deal but it matters what your grading scale is like, how difficult your school is, and your course selection. someone taking 7 aps and a lot of tough courses with a 4.0 is immeasurably better than someone taking easy classes and over 4.0. extracurriculars will take you nowhere if you do not have a solid gpa and perhaps to a lesser extent sat score. I know that going to uva, sat score (at least from my school) has very little to do with acceptance (I have seen all the people that applied to uva listed with gpa and sat from my school), however it matters much more at other schools. Extracurriculars are good but it is better to have a few focused ones that you seem to care about, like a common thing for helping children (eg. tutoring kids, babysitting, camp counselour, etc) vs. a ragtag bunch of many activities. Obviously I'm not a college admissions officer so I can't say for sure but I don't think minority status will supercede extracurriculars. Maybe so. Also, it depends on specifically which minority. Asians don't get any help but it helps if you're Native American, Hispanic, etc. I believe.

1790 as a freshman with a 540 ;) writing.

But in response to the person who said that its all about extracirriculars, i say nay. The number might be huge of the people who get 2100+, but you have to look at it as a percentage, not a number. Also, colleges can usually tell if you are voluntaring wayyyyy too much, so too many community service hours hurt your chances. Biggest thing many schools look at, as deduced from talking to Duke U professors and admissions officers, is number of APs taken compared to # offered. And SAT score. HS prestige also matter, being the #2 school in NC, local schools see our GPA in a different light then say a school in the middle of Charlotte ranked 300.

• 2 months later...

I used to be a college admissions officer, and if you guys really want to know what matters now, and all the answers to the rest of your college questions, you need to check out this blog . It's by the dean of admissions at George Mason. Some of it is commercials for Mason, but there's also some really good info on there about what schools are looking now.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I am only a sophomore in high school but I took the DUKE TIP SAT test in middle school and scored a 2000 out of 2400.

9.5deg Titleist 913 D3/Tour AD DI 7X
15 Titleist 906f2/MR Diamana Blue 103x
21deg Adams A12 Pro black/Matrix Ozik
4-PWCallaway RazrX MB/KBS C taper Xstiff
Vokey SM4 51, 56, 60/DG X100
Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"