Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

MP68 here..... in my bag for when the score counts.... titleist 1994 tour model 1-9 iron x100 are in the sunday bag for when I just want to go back in time... 1-9 iron Cleveland 588 49 and 56sw and that's it ...2 cap at the moment...was trending down before the weather turned south...im sure that will change , but not getting to play enough to matter at the moment... got a date set tomorrow with my 6 year old nephew...2 sunday bags and 9 holes in 45 degree weather.... Ill love every second of it im sure!

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I play mp67 as my gamers and mp60s as my backup set but often switch back and forth. I have done this for 8 years and counting. Throughout this time my index was anywhere between a 16 and 7.5. What I found was that on average I shot the same scores with either set. I also found that a blade is superior, to even a player's CB, in terms of feel, feedback, shot precision, and workability. I also found that bad shots feel worse and maybe go shorter with a blade. Additionally, I think because of the superior precision and workability of the blade, I can shoot my absolute personal bests with my blades.

I was never a blade fanatic to start. I was a hack golfer that wanted to play well. As I have played both types of clubs I became a blade lover simply from my experience above. I put up with the drawbacks of them simply because those drawbacks (mainly less forgiveness and harsher feedback and feel from a bad shot) have NEVER been detrimental to my average score and moreover I have the potential to score my personal best with them. The feel when hitting them well and also the ability to pull off amazing shots with them, in conjunction, is also a joy that makes me a lover of blades. Again, not even my players cb mp60s can compare to this.

Blades are a pure joy to play. Like Bigmean stated, I think anyone shooting in the mid 80s or even just below bogey should consider playing them. In my experience, the manufacturer's recommended handicap levels by club type are a pure sham. They are not based on any data, that's for sure, so they can be ignored. They don't apply to me at the very least.

Great thread Bigmean. I'm so sick of having to defend my points above by folks that can't believe they are true and have seen too many threads derailed by those same folks. Talking about blades and golf should just be about sharing personal experiences.

• Like 1

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Not as much available for us lefties. I've played FG-17,Ram Tour Grind,690.MB,MP 68(owned 3 times,maybe four). Always ready to try a new blade.

Ping G400 Max, G20, Callaway Epic
TEE 3 Wood  Aeroburner 16.5 HL
TEE 5 Wood/ Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid
PXG 2021 0211 DC 4-PW/ Cobra Amp Cell 4-PW
Callaway MD4 50,54,58  Mizuno MP T10 Wedges 52,56,60
Scotty Cameron

pxg 0211 dc irons.jpg

See what happens when I have meetings and have to go in the office? I miss amazing threads like this....

I know I told my story in the earlier "back to blades" thread, but I'll bore everyone again. Maybe I'll try to keep it a bit shorter this time. :)

<standing up> Hi everyone. My name is Ed. I play blades.

I switched at a time when no one in their right mind would have suggested it, in the winter following my second year of golf. I was basically a 20 hdcp, playing par 3 courses as much as anything, and had just moved from Tour Edge Comp 950s to Goldwin AVDP Tours. On a lark, I hit a friend's Golfsmith Professional Grind blade and thought I was seeing better results than with my own clubs. Demo'd MP14, same shafts as my Goldwins, hit the MP14s light years better. Was all over a little driving range green, one I had a hard time hitting with my own irons.

Light bulb went off, bought a set of Golden Rams on New Years Eve, off I went.

I've become something of a Ram disciple over the years, somewhat ironically, as I was jumping on the wagon about the time it was coming to a halt. ;) I can't really explain why I was so intent on acquiring a set of Rams, just seemed like they were the ones I was supposed to buy. Call it fate.

Played them from the start of the year. Hit them pretty well, even the long irons, which I amusingly hit better than the short irons (until recently, that's always been a problem for me). Was seduced by the lure of Peerless PHD Tours, built a set, had the same occasional squirrelly shots with them that I would see with my Goldwins, saw my scores going up. Back to the Rams, all is right with the universe. Finished that season with a 13.6 index, 12 the next year, 11 the year after that.

Over the next four years or so, I set off on an orgy of blade acquisition. It got cartoonish after a while. FG17s and line over Tour Blades? Sure. Palmer Standards? I'll take one of each. Muirfields? Don't mind if I do. More Ram Tour Grinds? Better believe it. Even finally got on the Mizuno train a couple times, still have one of those sets.

Because I'm an unrepentant club ho, I keep trying CBs from time to time. Played Eye2+ for a year, played ISI for half of 2014. Ultimately, each time I go away from the blades, I find I play a bit better when I come back to them. I hit them straighter (relatively speaking). I generally hit blades lower than the CBs I've played, which is a good thing for me (I hit my MS-11 5 iron higher than the famous Trackman tour average launch for the 6 iron, they're probably about the same loft). Even on bad days, I much prefer hitting them.

I admit I have a certain interest in wanting to know when I've screwed up. If I don't, I find my swing gets sloppy; the "garbage in/garbage out" approach works for me.

I've probably put a healthy number of folks to sleep, so I'll move along now....

• Like 2

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1420833731' post='10717257']I have to admit.....I have never hit a titliest MB. I would like to try one day.

I am a big mizuno fan from my 14s, so I totally understand how it is hard for you to leave the 33s.[/quote]

Picked up a 714 combo set this year cb and MB. Absolutely love the mb's. Def give them a try. I don't think you will be disappointed.

my favorite blades are the Cobra Amps because they are on the bigger side. I actually feel like i can hit them

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

jeff if you ever run across a titleist ZB set take a look...its a progressive combo set where the 3 4 5 iron are CB and they are long heel to toe...the 6 iron is an almost hybrid cb and mb and then 7 8 9 pw are MB...they are all a bit longer heel to toe and a slightly wider sole...Very underated setup ..I played them 3 summers ago and really shouldn't have sold them... I should have reshafted and kept....

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1420860132' post='10719737']
jeff if you ever run across a titleist ZB set take a look...its a progressive combo set where the 3 4 5 iron are CB and they are long heel to toe...the 6 iron is an almost hybrid cb and mb and then 7 8 9 pw are MB...they are all a bit longer heel to toe and a slightly wider sole...Very underated setup ..I played them 3 summers ago and really shouldn't have sold them... I should have reshafted and kept....
[/quote]

I'd like to buy a set of blades but it's so expensive for basically a luxury item (i play JPX825's). I guess i could scour ebay but we pay through the teeth in shipping and duties. I owned a set of S59's a few years ago and regret selling them.

The Amp Cells i messed around with the other day and they look hittable, i'm just so used to bigger clubs....but nothing looks better in the bag then blades!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Well, chalk up another one here. Been playing blades since they were just called clubs. I've been in and out a few different CB over the years but never truly found a set that made any noticable scoring difference and a couple that did the contrary.

I've played mostly Titleist, but quite a few Hogan models way back, Wilson Staffs, Mizuno. Played the TW Nikes for a short while then stumbled on to the Cally Protos. I think I'm now on my 4th or 5th set of Cally MBs.

In simplest terms, I just like 'em. Very smooth, look great, no harshness on off center hits but still provide solid reliable feedback. As for blades in general, I just like it when the ball looks giant in front of the club. I feel like I can hit any dimple, like that [i]one [/i]specific dimple on the back of the ball and the club just totally disappears.

XRP 8.5* XS
XRP #3 XS
Cally Apex MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

I'll retell my story. I started with Wilson Staff Dynapower Fluid Feel with Aluminum shafts. Probably circa mid-1970's. After a couple years my dad won a set of Ram Tour Grinds with DG S300's. Played those for the next 15+ years. In the mid-90's I decided that technology was passing me by and I bought a set of Tommy Armour 855s (Reduced Offset). I played those for another 15+ years until about 18 months ago. I had been mostly away from the game for about 8 years - averaging less than 1 round per year. When I started back up about 2 seasons ago I decided to start with all new equipment. Ended up buying RazrX MBs (long story) and I couldn't be happier. Great clubs. I was suddenly able to hit shots that I'd long forgotten about (knockdowns, big hooks/slices from trouble, etc). Love 'em. No idea why I waited so long to go back.

[quote name='RRFireblade' timestamp='1420860753' post='10719785']
. As for blades in general, I just like it when the ball looks giant in front of the club. I feel like I can hit any dimple, like that [i]one [/i]specific dimple on the back of the ball and the club just totally disappears.
[/quote]

Interesting point. I got the miura small blades this last summer, and although in theory a smaller head should be harder, I find not just the same perception as you said, but after spending time with them, it is harder for me to adjust to the longer heel to toe of even my other blades. Oddly enough, I strike them like a lot better than my Vegas which are longer. My miss is toward the heel, probably another reason I like blades, and logic would say you would feel better with a bigger face you can't miss, but the small blades just feel like all I have to do is make contact and that contact almost has to be in the sweetspot. It is a bit of a reverse logic thing, but I definitely agree, and it is a point that is never brought up.

On a side note, your handicap is ridiculous, I assume you play in some of the Florida moonlight tour stuff? There are a lot of random ballers down here, but that index is like 3x more intimidating than scratch!

Titleist 2005 735 CMs,chrome forged,not stainless,are also excellent overlooked clubs. After a heads up from Bladehunter, I found a well preserved set. This was Titleist's first blended,or combo set. 2-7 CBs, and 8-PW blades. Soft and not as clicky as most Titleist forged,more forgiving too. Taking some weight out of the hosel and making the 7-2 iron heads progressively larger CBs helps too.

Ping G400 Max, G20, Callaway Epic
TEE 3 Wood  Aeroburner 16.5 HL
TEE 5 Wood/ Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid
PXG 2021 0211 DC 4-PW/ Cobra Amp Cell 4-PW
Callaway MD4 50,54,58  Mizuno MP T10 Wedges 52,56,60
Scotty Cameron

pxg 0211 dc irons.jpg

I love playing blades and have given the cb/gi/sgi plenty of bag time but still prefer blades.
I have a lot of sets as I acquire them used at a good price and generally hang onto them.
I currently can't decide between my Yonex ezone or cally protos. Both great sets but I think I hit the ezone better, perhaps the sole grind suits me better. They are nice and compact with fine lines and to me look like precision instruments behind the ball. It makes me feel I can nip the ball right off that turf.
I have plenty of other sets, including lots of mizuno blades but over time have grown to not be over fond of the shape of them. The toplines are a little thick and the toe shape does not appeal. Regardless they all play well. The 29's or tn87 (very similar) are probably the pick.
Other favorites are my snake eyes 600b, macgregor 1025m, tourstage x blade 2005, and hogan redlines.
In fact I have so many that they all deserve more bag time than they receive.
What can I say, I have a weakness for traditional club heads. I just find them beautiful and rewarding to play.
I might just post a list of what I have so all you blade guys can read it and weep...... :taunt:[size=4] [/size]

Here we go.
I currently have in my club room (just the blades).
Yonex ezone mb
original cally protos
original nike blades
mizuno mp 29,32 33, 67, 2xtn87, 2xmp100
titleist 690.mb and 695mb
tourstage x blades 2005
hogan redlines 1-E, 1999-2002 apex and 50th anniversary
snake eyes 600b and mb1
wilson fg 51, fg 59 and '84 fluid feel and fg17
greg norman mac cobra
macgregor muirfield 20th
maxfli australian blades
pgf aristocrats (beautiful like jewelery)
powerbilt 84 century anniversary blades
titleist 84 tour model
spaulding bird on ball
srixon pro 100
founders club 200
original tm rac blades
cleveland 588 tour action
and probably a few more that I have forgotten about.
As you can see I have quite a dilemma knowing which ones to put in the bag

• Like 2

Wow. Here is what's in my garage(and closet)

Mp 14s
Taylor made tp circa 90s
Mac 1025m
Palmer standards
Vega raf cm
Mizuno mp 37 (got at a flea market for $60 with intent to refinish and sell)
Miura 1957 blades

Sets is would like to get:

Mac r58
Epon AF tour
Titliest 680/681

Edit-I will play the Mira's 75% of the time, and others mix in for fun. I am pleasantly surprised with the Mac vfoils though. If they were not as long and had less offset they would be really hard to beat. They have a good feel, almost miura solid soft but not quite. I foresee me playing them a lot. 2-pw for $240 on eBay, looks like they played 6 rounds, and golf pride corded grips logo down(how I regrip clubs) to boot!

I am considering selling the Vegas with the 37s refinished and getting a set from above, likely not epon, probably the Mac r58...I just don't like the Vegas like I thought I would. They are long and rounded toe, and that toe bugs the crap out of me, my miss is to the heel and I feel like these want to be hit center toward the toe, where as my Miuras and mp 14s don't mind heel sided shots and probably have a heel closer sweetspot. It isn't the length of the blade because my macs are same, and I hit those a lot better.

I am 47 and shoot low to high 70's....can still shoot high numbers 82-85 on occasion....currently playing mp15 but looking for another set of mb....I will still have cb in long irons though....

I love mb mostly because of thin sole....we have hardpan here and wide soles with my angle is not a good thing....of course the look is outstanding on almost any mb...the feel is also of course very "addicting" but cb's have caught up....when I am swinging well there is nothing more accurate for sure.....I have been closer to pin without a doubt more with a mb than any other club....deadly if your swing is on....I do try and work the ball but only trying to move the ball a few yds either way...it is lil easier with a mb but also easier to overdue it as well.....of course looking into the bag and seeing a beatiful head doesn't hurt and I am neat freak with keeping clubs clean so they always shiny....one of biggest things I didn't mention that really is a pet peeve is big clunky pw and 9 irons....in a mb you won't get this issue which is a big reason for me going back...especially with mizuno ( notorious for screwing up short iron head shape)....my buddy has an mp4 set I hit from time to time and they are so sweet....I will most likely be looking for a mizuno but not necessarily a newer model....already had 68/69 so....

I guess the fact that you can't get away with anything less than a very good swing too....needs to be struck well and also down and a compressing blow to really get a solid reaction...other clubs will let you get away without fully compressing ball...have hit many mb iron shots where I caught center but didn't hold some lag and it was a very dead strike even though it was center......out of rough is another place they shine and really just all those lies that aren't perfect a mb iron will allow you a chance for solid strike......we already know the downside of these so no need to speak on that........if your swing is on fire there is no better club and no better feeling than a muscleback....it is as pure as it gets!!!...

Another buddy has 714mbs and I hit them too....mizuno feels better but titleist head shape looks better....but still titleist is solid stick still feels really good...mizzy just has lil stickier feel

I usually shoot mid to low 70s and break par once in a while. My backup set is a full bag of Titleists with 710MBs. Gahd I love those clubs.

Ping G430 10k 9 Tour Black 2.0 Stiff

Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei White Stiff

Titleist 818 21 KBS PROTO Stiff
Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Senita 38 Putter

Really like rotating two mb sets:[list]
[*]Callaway Razr X MBs
[*]Mizuno MP-69s
[/list]
I'm no low-HC player, but my game is merely a constant attempt to match the more solid ball striking from the range over to the course, [i]not just with these irons[/i]! The range play is fun, and the feedback and ability to shape shots with them is why I like each one.

With that, my misses in iron course play (4-5x/round) are usually hard pulls left, that don't feel punishing off the face. It's my tempo going whacko/nerves on approach shots. I am [b]not[/b] seeking equipment changes into GI irons for a correction, as the problem is between my ears, affecting my arms-hands-club.

As it seems, the earlier release/closing of the blade face I feel could now be slightly corrected with some of the newer (or older and extinct) mb designs. I am very intrigued with the Nike VP MBs which have weight in the toe to move the GG away from the heel. This is also coming into Cobra when Fly-Z Pros come out. Seems interesting that tour pros had input on this in both models (Tiger/Rickie).

[size=4][size=5]Do any of you MB players out there believe these two models will indeed be highly anti-left[/size]?[/size] I'm probably going to get the Vapor Pros as I like their Nippon shaft offering. Long live the MB/Blade playing crowd, from excellent to average in abilities! :glare:

BAG ONE:                                                                                                   BAG TWO:
D - Callaway Rogue ST Max D                                               - Cobra F9 Tour Length  

5 -  Ping G425 Max 5(16.5)                                                    3 -  TEE C721 Pro 3 HL(16.5)

H - Callaway Mav P (18) Titleist TS2 (21)                              H - TM SF 2.0 (18) & (21)

I -  Titleist T300 4                                                                   I -  Taylormade SIM Max 4      
I -  Titleist T100 5-P/MR KK TiNi 105                                     I -  Taylormade P760 5-P/Recoils 110 F4

W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58                                        W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58 
P - Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                - Guerin TS Black 370

Been using the mp-62 as my play around set for 4-5 years, and the 53 as my gamer.

Thought it was time for a full on blade in the bag, and picked up a nice looking set of mp-33

Played a couple rounds with them before the season ended, and decided on pulling the s300 and putting a shaft in that suits me a little better.

Op turned me onto some of his favorites from his vast collection. The 300 forged, z-101, Maxfli A10 Tour, and discussed many others.

I have 2 sets of blades now, the mp-33 recently, and the mp-37 and a combo set, the Maxfli A10 tour ltd, perhaps the sweetest feeling cast club ever, probably attributed to the nickle chrome construction.

Anyways I've been a part time blade player on and off for years, and looking forward to some time with the coveted mp-33

DEFEAAD1-DC6C-4F89-BC29-703620D66602_zpsk3juaolf.jpg

DF401CEC-E26B-4B76-B494-2E688D66E39B_zpsrc94gdjm.jpg

61AC7D90-93AE-462E-8B88-7288349C002E-2153-000002BEEC13BE93_zps0a755a5f.jpg

0F87AA17-496F-4728-B717-92B691785920-2153-000002E594CA93E0_zps018ede39.jpg

DCBC15D8-7F9F-4BA1-BDDB-4B5D8D8A537A-2555-0000035BDD01AD2A_zpsb8fce95b.jpg

A few from my collection.

Cobra ZL Encore 8.5 Matrix 6Q3
TEE CB4 tour 15 RIP 70 Sigma
Titleist 909h 19 Voodoo
Mizuno Mp-53 4-pw DG progressive shafts
Odyssey Black ProType 10 Sm 4.5 TP ball
Mizuno raw haze 50, 56 Scratch 60

Well not quite as extensive as Old Player but here goes
62/63 vintage MacGregor CF4000 original pro pel 2 shafts I play most of my vintage golf with these
70s Vintage MacGregor VIP original Mac Brunswick shafts stiff these were my front line gamers for 6 years until last year
80s remake Mac Colorkromes S-300 shafts these were my back up gamers
76 Wilson Staff Tour Blades (not FG 17s) bought new in 76 S-300
Just gave away a set of 80s Power Bilt Scotch blades to a good friend of mine who happens to be a Miura dealer he is going to play some vintage golf with us this summer
Now my holy grail of all time irons would have to be either my 66 Power Bilt Levelumes or my old MP-33s which I wore both of those sets of irons slap out
Now my modern gamers I know I am going to catch it over this but I am inclined to post 2014 Infiniti TS-10 forged cavity backs love them they are a forged blade with a thin topline to me they have the feel of my old MP-33s I have my reasons for hitting them but I can still hit and do hit my blades in fact I play more vintage golf than I do modern golf. Actually if I had the funds I would be gaming a set of Miura 1957 baby blades and honestly the T-Mag TP blades look good to me

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

[quote name='12tamale' timestamp='1420888966' post='10720753']
A few from my collection
[/quote]

I went from the s3 pros to the mp 69s. I actually preferred the head shape of the s3 pros in the scoring irons (much more compact), and they felt great.

Anyone ever play a blade combo brand set?

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='BrianL99' timestamp='1420844588' post='10718297']
[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1420843120' post='10718191']
Brian, I have heard the austrailian blades are actually cast. I have and won't sell a set of the taylormade tps my neighbor had when I was growing up, they are also cast. They are not the best feeling clubs, but they still have that "it". I have heard people say the Aussie blades feel unreal and terrible.....the internet is a place with lots of comments....
[/quote]

Tad Moore who designed the TM92 (& posts on WRX) would disagree with you. Australian Blades made after 1992 (I think by Maltby), were cast.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/170737-the-history-of-australian-blades/

That said, forged clubs feel no different than cast clubs. The method of construction is irrelevant to "feel". Material, design, weight, etc. is what creates "feel".
[/quote]

Actually according to companies that actually cast and forge metals there is a difference between the actual composition and structure including pore size, strength of metal and other things. With golf being such a precise sport this should have at least a decent bearing on the feel. The higher the club speed the more this feel should be realized theoretically. Here is just one source from an actual metal working company (non golf)
http://www.atcgroup.com.au/CustomCastingForging/TheDifferenceBetweenCastingForging.aspx

That said, great thread! I love the mp14s, those clubs are gorgeous. I play the mp67s and although I like the performance I am not crazy about how they look. I might get a new set sometime soon:)

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1420895763' post='10720911']
A few from my collection
[/quote]

I went from the s3 pros to the mp 69s. I actually preferred the head shape of the s3 pros in the scoring irons (much more compact), and they felt great.

[/quote]
It's hard for me to not wear the S3 pro slap out, there such a great iron. There just so pretty!

Titleist 909h 19 Voodoo

Dunn makes a good point on compressing the ball, or holding off in lag. 2 things I have always done since is was a kid. I don't remember who, but someone I trusted around age 15 or so told me about power coming from shoulders turned more than hips, creating 90* or more at your wrists and holding it, and always always always hands beat the clubhead to the ball by a solid but. Or at least that is the metal feeling. This is why I feel playing blades is not a handicap thing, but a personal swing/feelings thing, and can be bagged by people whose scores would put them in the "must play GI" genre and literally not effect their scores negatively. Heck, I am one of the worst golfers on this thread, and I started it.

Av guy, if you are really all about anti left, maybe try a set of zero or little offset. Not that offset technically make the ball to left, but I find after time with my Miuras (perfect offset) that my mp 14s and Macs look very offset, and it isn't really the club but I feel I align myself with them a little worse. For me that is a closed stance somewhat to aim right a little and draw back, but I end up coming through straightish, not trying to draw it too much or come from inside too much, the head is square, the ball starts a yard or 2 right then draws 10 or so and is a bad shot. Lack of offset I feel I stand better, and your swing path is kinda dictated by where your feet are regarding the target if your swing is not too random path wise. Just a thought. You could get a super used set of something with no offset just to try.

[quote name='12tamale' timestamp='1420896703' post='10720945']
A few from my collection
[/quote]

[/quote]
It's hard for me to not wear the S3 pro slap out, there such a great iron. There just so pretty!
[/quote]

I hit these in a net at pga sup store by my house next to an ap2. Not even close. I did not like them as much as the mp4, but that was just based on feel in a net. The heads looked great, feel was good, really solid clubs. I would totally grab a set in a few years when they can be had for $175 or so. I kinda want a set like that or RAC MB.

Mid single digit. . . . MP-4s, and about to add a set of MP-64s-- just because Mizuno thinks the MP-15s are replacement for the 64s.

Not.

I went 32-67-68-69 before the 4s.

I enjoy the feel and added control that seems to disappear every time I try something like AP-2s. S55, on the other hand, could work well for me.

[quote name='Oldplayer' timestamp='1420871382' post='10720433']
Here we go.
I currently have in my club room (just the blades).
Yonex ezone mb
original cally protos
original nike blades
mizuno mp 29,32 33, 67, 2xtn87, 2xmp100
titleist 690.mb and 695mb
tourstage x blades 2005
hogan redlines 1-E, 1999-2002 apex and 50th anniversary
snake eyes 600b and mb1
wilson fg 51, fg 59 and '84 fluid feel and fg17
greg norman mac cobra
macgregor muirfield 20th
maxfli australian blades
pgf aristocrats (beautiful like jewelery)
powerbilt 84 century anniversary blades
titleist 84 tour model
spaulding bird on ball
srixon pro 100
founders club 200
original tm rac blades
cleveland 588 tour action
and probably a few more that I have forgotten about.
As you can see I have quite a dilemma knowing which ones to put in the bag
[/quote]

old player..i thought my club room (wife calls it the spare bedroom..ha) was bad... you have quite the collection there... I have let few sets of mine go recently but are as follows...

Mp68
MP32
titleist tour model 1984
titleist tour model 1985
titleist tour model 1986-90 bullet back (1-sw)
titleist tour model 91-94 (1-sw)
Wilson staff FG62 (recently traded)
titlesist 690.MB (just sold)
titleist 681 ( recently sold)

on the lookout now for some cally Protos to make a combo set with an apex pro 3 4 iron I have for the old backup set..you know the one we use as an excuse to have a second set..lol

oh and not an MB but I also have a set of MP60 that I have literally wore down to the knubs so to speak in the short irons... I wish I knew how may balls had been hit with those guys..

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1420897838' post='10721025']
[quote name='12tamale' timestamp='1420896703' post='10720945']
A few from my collection
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I hit these in a net at pga sup store by my house next to an ap2. Not even close. I did not like them as much as the mp4, but that was just based on feel in a net. The heads looked great, feel was good, really solid clubs. I would totally grab a set in a few years when they can be had for $175 or so. I kinda want a set like that or RAC MB.
[/quote]
Haven't hit the mp-4 yet. I should go visit the indoor range at the club, as I'm pretty sure they'll have a demo club. I keep hearing them compared to the 33 though.
The S3 pro is a rare club, to me anyways, that's intimidating at first, until you hit it, and realize the awesome softness and relative ease of hitting great shots. The TourStage Z-101 is very similar.in that respect.
The 37 slaps me upside the head.

Titleist 909h 19 Voodoo

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1420863081' post='10719953']
[quote name='RRFireblade' timestamp='1420860753' post='10719785']
. As for blades in general, I just like it when the ball looks giant in front of the club. I feel like I can hit any dimple, like that [i]one [/i]specific dimple on the back of the ball and the club just totally disappears.
[/quote]

Interesting point. I got the miura small blades this last summer, and although in theory a smaller head should be harder, I find not just the same perception as you said, but after spending time with them, it is harder for me to adjust to the longer heel to toe of even my other blades. Oddly enough, I strike them like a lot better than my Vegas which are longer. My miss is toward the heel, probably another reason I like blades, and logic would say you would feel better with a bigger face you can't miss, but the small blades just feel like all I have to do is make contact and that contact almost has to be in the sweetspot. It is a bit of a reverse logic thing, but I definitely agree, and it is a point that is never brought up.

On a side note, you're handicap is ridiculous, I assume you play in some of the Florida moonlight tour stuff? There are a lot of random ballers down here, but that index is like 3x more intimidating than scratch!
[/quote]

Yes, I don't know if I was the odd ball or not but club head size has always been about how the balls looks and not the club head. I mean, I'm focusing on the ball even and precisely where I want to strike it during the swing, not the club head. The club head is barely even in focus.

And thanks. I've made either my primary or secondary living playing golf on and off since I was about 17 years old. The last few years on mostly southeastern minis with an occasional event out of the region. As of right now, I'm back in school full time so I'm on a very limited schedule.

XRP 8.5* XS
XRP #3 XS
Cally Apex MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom