2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Best bang for the buck. Headphones/ear buds for golf and exercise.

I purchased the Bose IE2 headphones. These are awesome for golf. I would highly recommend them. I haven't used them to work out in but they stay in really well during the golf swing...I actually forget that I have them on.

[url="http://www.amazon.com/Bose-627476-0020-IE2-audio-headphones/dp/B003XU6H8I/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t"]http://www.amazon.com/Bose-627476-0020-IE2-audio-headphones/dp/B003XU6H8I/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t[/url]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bose Sie2i (Now SoundSport) are the benchmark for in-ear sport earbuds.
Others worth checking out - iSport Intensity & Strive.
My vote goes to Sol Republic Relay's.
I own all of the above & Jaybrid Blackbird X's and the Relays are the winner for sound and stay-in-ear. My only complaint is that the mic/remote is on the left ear cable.

SLDR 10.5 / Matrix 7X3 White Tie / X
SLDR 3 FW / Oban Devotion 7 / X
TP MC 3-PW / X-100 Tour Issue
Ping Tour-S 52-56-60 / S-400 Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I got some Bose IE2 headphones less than a week ago and I am super impressed. They are the only earbuds that don't hurt my ear from leaving them in for a long period of time.

I had the Dre Beats ear buds before and they don't even compare to the Bose. They are the perfect length for putting your iPhone in your back pocket with the ear buds going up the back of your shirt when you are practicing. Very happy with them.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

Recently got the Beats wireless. Unreal. Running, hiking, golfing and just doing random stuff around the house. Never once have they fallen out of my ear. And NO CORD. I have always tried the phone in my pocket but the cable always ends up driving me crazy. These headphones are one of my best purchases of the year.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='geoffmader' timestamp='1414778145' post='10379243']
Recently got the Beats wireless. Unreal. Running, hiking, golfing and just doing random stuff around the house. Never once have they fallen out of my ear. And NO CORD. I have always tried the phone in my pocket but the cable always ends up driving me crazy. These headphones are one of my best purchases of the year.
[/quote]

Are you still happy with these? Is the sound comparable to wired earbuds?

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

I have three different pairs of Bluetooth earbuds: TOCC Featherbuds, Plantronics Backbeat Go 2, and the PowerBeats Wireless. Recently, I preordered a set of Earin Wireless earbuds. Exclusively, the Earin buds are the first Bluetooth earbuds that do not have a connecting wire that wraps around the neck and are two separate pieces. No mic, so only they can be used for music. The battery life on those is not great, but decent for the size fitting flush inside the ear. About 3 hours of playtime, the case also charges them so you can get about 10hrs from the Earin. I will review those when I get them.

As far as what I like best of the three pairs I currently own, the beats wireless are the best for a few reasons. I was skeptical about spending $200 on earbuds at first, but the price tag is worth it.

The Backbeat Go are half the cost if the beats with comparable sound. The range is quite remarkable for both, you can get about 30 feet away from your device without losing a connection. The beats might have a farther range and sound quality is fair in the Plantronics but for not have as many noticeable highs and lows you get from the beats. The battery life in both is about 6 hours playtime which is decent. The one feature I like about the Plantronics is that they automatically power off when out of range or Bluetooth is turned off, whereas the beats stay powered on until you turn them off.

What sets the beats apart from the Plantronics is the comfort and fit in and around the ear. The beats have a built in attached rubber loop to wrap around the back of the ear and rarely fall out. I find it difficult to get a good seal with the Plantronics and that results in one side falling out every now and then. The beats also has a quick charge feature where 15 mins of charging will yield 1 hour or more of playtime. That is especially nice if you forget to charge them and you can simply plug them in to charge on your way to the gym or range. It is rather handy in such an event because you can still have the possibility to listen to music and not have to bring a backup set of wired headphones if they're gonna die.

I'm really pleased with the beats and use them all the time. Super easy to function as a hands free device as well in the car. Hope this helps.

Anyone tried something like the Plantronics Backbeat Fit? I have a similar model for running but its the wired version. Was checking these out at the Apple store yesterday and wondered how they would hold up in the long run.

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-BackBeat-Fit-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00PBF1QPM

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

[quote name='Thunder Dan' timestamp='1421442871' post='10759237']
I got the Powerbeats 2 bluetooth. They are really good. I had the Bluebuds X and while the sound was better than the Beats, they wouldn't stay in my ear - especially when swinging a golf club. The Beats fit nice in your ears and stay there.
[/quote]

How does the cord hang behind your neck - any sort of whipping around there? Hard to tell online how long the slack is.

Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

[quote name='dcmidnight' timestamp='1421452781' post='10760433']
I got the Powerbeats 2 bluetooth. They are really good. I had the Bluebuds X and while the sound was better than the Beats, they wouldn't stay in my ear - especially when swinging a golf club. The Beats fit nice in your ears and stay there.
[/quote]

How does the cord hang behind your neck - any sort of whipping around there? Hard to tell online how long the slack is.
[/quote]

Chord function is great, it's terrible with the bluebuds x. Actually the Powerbeats are so much better than the bluebuds in every aspect except the sound.

Chord on beats has a thingy you can tighten so the chord doesn't hand on your neck, very simple

Beats Powerbeats 2 wireless...super comfy and will never fall out...best I've tried

I also have some Jaybird freedom spirit but they will fall out and are a bit big compared to the beats...

Nike VR Limited 10.5 BlueBoard 83x
Nike VR Limited 15* BlueBoard 83x
Adams Pro 21* Fubuki AX 82x
Adams XTD Forged 4-Pw DG
Titleist Vokey 50* 55* 60* TI DG
Scotty Cameron 009 33 Inch

I wasn't a big fan of the earphones that came with my old iPhone but when the newer design came out they didn't hurt my ears, just wouldn't stay in. I found a product called EarHoox(10.00 a pair). It's a piece that slips over the EarPod and keeps then snug in my ears without any discomfort. Also looked at the Yurbuds, but I'm sure I can find better ways to spend 100.00

MEElectronics direct.

[url="http://www.meelec.com/Sport_Fi_X6_Bluetooth_Wireless_Sports_Earphones_p/ep-x6-rdbk-mee.htm"]http://www.meelec.com/Sport_Fi_X6_Bluetooth_Wireless_Sports_Earphones_p/ep-x6-rdbk-mee.htm[/url]

Titleist TSi3 D Smoke Black 60 5.5
Titleist TSi2 3w/7w Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Apex DCB/DG AMT Red
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

[quote name='Thunder Dan' timestamp='1421468790' post='10761959']
[quote name='dcmidnight' timestamp='1421452781' post='10760433']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Chord function is great, it's terrible with the bluebuds x. Actually the Powerbeats are so much better than the bluebuds in every aspect except the sound.

Chord on beats has a thingy you can tighten so the chord doesn't hand on your neck, very simple
[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion, I picked up a pair last night. I like that the chord is flat and has a little bit of heft to it, it definitely keeps it from moving around. The ear loops keep them locked in really well and pairing only took a few seconds.

Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

I second the wireless.. If not, try to get a cord that has a cloth covering. The regular cords will zap you and your ears with static electricity, common with the performance wear and fleece this time of year...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

• 2 weeks later...

I've used the Beats Wireless a few times now at the range - they are perfect. They havent moved once and you cant even really tell they are there. Can leave my phone in my bag, no issues at all.

Very happy with the purchase.

Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

I want to pull the trigger on the powerbeats2 but am holding out hope the Bragi Dash will be everything they tout them to be.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I would agree with the Bose except the op said bang for the buck. I am liking the LG Tone Pro that I got for practice. They are great and under 70 bucks.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Actually think I'm gonna try Jaybirds bluebuds and if I dont like them go with powerbeats.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

A while back there was an article on the golf digest website that featured some alternatives to earbuds and it talked about these things that sort of fit on your head at the temple and let you hear the sounds through vibration or something like that.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about/have any experience with them?

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1540362-raholland71-witb/#entry16159836"]WITB[/url]
Titleist TS3 9.5*
Titleist TS3 15*
Titleist 818 H2 19*
Miura CB57 4-6
Miura MB001 7-PW
Vokey SM7 Raw 52*
Vokey V Grind 56*
Vokey Low Bounce K 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport Circle T

for those with issues on the tips staying in your ear, Conply foam tips is all you'll need.

I've had the Jaybird BlueBuds X since they came out and immediately put comply foam tips. I run and do a lot of cardio with them and they never fall out.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

I have been thru a few earbuds in the past couple of years. I started off with yurbuds ironman series earbuds, I think they were around $50. They were great for a while but one pair got wet and ruined the microphone part so I went and got another pair and used them for about a year then after a while running with them they seemed to move a lot and fall out sometimes. After that I had a buddy who had the bose ie2 headphones and said they were the best. I contemplated it for a while about spending that type of money on earbuds but I ended up buying the bose soundsport earbuds which took place of the ie2 headphones and I was blown away. I couldn't be happier, they never fall out and I even forget that I'm wearing them. I use them all the time workout, cutting grass at the range and on the course. Plus the sound is a lot better than the yurbuds. I'm a bose man for life now.

TM SLDR 9.5 Matrix 6Q3
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 3W, 3 Hybrid
TM Rocketballz Stage 1 4 Hybrid
Speedblade 5-AW-KBS 90
Rossa CGB Fontana
Titleist Vokey SM5 54 & 60

[quote name='jrharden' timestamp='1423240695' post='10899069']
So I want to ask about the jaybirds and how they work going over the ear, as it seems that puts the volume controls and mic behind your ear. Is this the case?

I did see the jaybird bluebud x's last night at Sam's Club for $135 with a $20 iTunes gift card.
[/quote]

They don't stay in your ear when you swing. The chord will get stuck on your neck bc it's so long and jossle the buds from your ear. I loved the sound quality but sold them on eBay after 2 weeks because they were useless for why I bought them (golf and working out)

Just get the Beats 2, you'll be much happier with the purchase. Only downside with them is that they suck for watching video bc there is a lag, with that being the downside, they are great for music and stay in your ear