J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

Quick update:

So got on the LM real quick and got some numbrs with the Rogue 80TX and Fubuk J and spin is very close, i'm talking within 200rpms of one another. I was averaging around 1900 rpm with the Rogue/DBD setup and 2000 with Fubuki J XX / DBD. Launch with the Fubuki is slightly higher by 1-2* and the carry and totat distance averaged 12 yds FURTHER then the Rogue. Honestly it was surprising to say the least. Now the 80TX is not built for pure distance (obviously otherwise I wouldn't be using an 80g shaft) but it's still surprsing to see that large of a gap. But honestly LM"s oly mean so much especially indoors.

So I snuck in a few holes the other day,, and by a few I mean 3 holes as the weather was 40* with some wind. So anywy I went to the 3rd hole and hit 5 balls a piece with both shafts then went out to inspect the results. Sure enough the best shots with the Fubuki were 12-15yds longer and in a tight grouping. Again I was impressed. Obviously need a lot more time to compare these two but so far I am curiously optimistic that the J is going to give the infamous Rogue 125 a run for it's money.

To be continued after the PGA show where I will test some more goodies ;)

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1421551799' post='10767405']
Quick update:

So got on the LM real quick and got some numbrs with the Rogue 80TX and Fubuk J and spin is very close, i'm talking within 200rpms of one another. I was averaging around 1900 rpm with the Rogue/DBD setup and 2000 with Fubuki J XX / DBD. Launch with the Fubuki is slightly higher by 1-2* and the carry and totat distance averaged 12 yds FURTHER then the Rogue. Honestly it was surprising to say the least. Now the 80TX is not built for pure distance (obviously otherwise I wouldn't be using an 80g shaft) but it's still surprsing to see that large of a gap. But honestly LM"s oly mean so much especially indoors.

So I snuck in a few holes the other day,, and by a few I mean 3 holes as the weather was 40* with some wind. So anywy I went to the 3rd hole and hit 5 balls a piece with both shafts then went out to inspect the results. Sure enough the best shots with the Fubuki were 12-15yds longer and in a tight grouping. Again I was impressed. Obviously need a lot more time to compare these two but so far I am curiously optimistic that the J is going to give the infamous Rogue 125 a run for it's money.

To be continued after the PGA show where I will test some more goodies ;)
[/quote]

Dang, that's a pretty impressive improvement.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

Hayzoos and Knudso - it is a great improvement but it's early. As for the 60TX Rogue, I had one and I think it would be pretty close but still wouldn't launch as high as the J.

AbbVT - It's a great driver shaft and it will be interesting to see what kind of play it gets. Not a cheap shaft but man it's so smooth. Makes the Rogue feel like a board. Yes I actually hit the G30 LS today down here at the PGA Show demo day. Great head for sure. Didn't get numbers but great flight and compared to the G30 I'd say by eye it's a little lower in flight and doesn't balloon like the G30 can. Still loud though lol

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1421807841' post='10787597']
AbbVT - It's a great driver shaft and it will be interesting to see what kind of play it gets. Not a cheap shaft but man it's so smooth. Makes the Rogue feel like a board. Yes I actually hit the G30 LS today down here at the PGA Show demo day. Great head for sure. Didn't get numbers but great flight and compared to the G30 I'd say by eye it's a little lower in flight and doesn't balloon like the G30 can. Still loud though lol
[/quote]

It's a great feeling shaft for sure, and definitely not cheap! I've got a more human swing speed (low-mid 100s) and transition, so I was fit into a 50 gram stiff flex last spring. It was crazy coming from playing 70s weight driver shafts in stiffer flex to the J50 stiff and watching my dispersion get tighter.

Good to hear about the LS as well. I've got one on order to fight it out with my Anser.

[quote name='AbbVT24' timestamp='1421847934' post='10789539']
[quote name='J13' timestamp='1421807841' post='10787597']
[/quote]

It's a great feeling shaft for sure, and definitely not cheap! I've got a more human swing speed (low-mid 100s) and transition, so I was fit into a 50 gram stiff flex last spring. It was crazy coming from playing 70s weight driver shafts in stiffer flex to the J50 stiff and watching my dispersion get tighter.

Good to hear about the LS as well. I've got one on order to fight it out with my Anser.
[/quote]

Wow to go to a 50g shaft and notice better dispersion is a god send. I think the LS is not as low in the spin department as the anser but it's 10x's more forgiving then it. Be interested to hear how it goes.

Edel PROTO

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1421854732' post='10790343']
J - honest opinion of the G30 and LS version?
[/quote]

not J but our swing speeds and tastes seem to be similar

g30 LS tec is an ok driver but it's not on par with the SLDR, DBD, 915d3

it does knock off some spin from the G30 but not on the level of the other drivers

[quote name='AbbVT24' timestamp='1421851539' post='10789961']
Yeah, the J has been nothing short of phenomenal for me. I ordered the Tour 65 in the LS, just to try it out, but I'm 99% sure the J is getting pulled from the old PING adapter and installed in a new one. From your description, it sounds like the LS is going to be great! Thanks for the info.
[/quote]

THe J is a fantastic shaft and has been stellar so far in my testing. Of course I have to say I don't have much time with it at this point but from what I've seen it deserves a seat at the table for testing come spring when weather gets better.

[/quote]

So I hit both side by side yesterday at the PGA merch show in Orlando. On flightscope I saw numbers that backed up what Ping claims it does which is knock off 200-400rpm's in spin depending on the user. G30 is a great stick but I have a hard time with keeping spin below 2500 and it wants to go left on me. The LS is an improved version of that where I was geting around 2200 with about 1* lower in launch. For the player that loves the G series head but could benefit from a little less spin and a less left biased version of the G30 it's a great stick. For me it was a very playable G series head but still doesn't match other drivers on the market for my particular needs/wants. The few heads that stood above the rest aside from my DBD were the Vapor Pro and Cobra Fly Z+. Beautiful ball flight and numbers with both and I will certainly be trying them both on the course against what i'm playing.

[quote name='redraider1685' timestamp='1421876481' post='10792867']
[/quote]

not J but our swing speeds and tastes seem to be similar

g30 LS tec is an ok driver but it's not on par with the SLDR, DBD, 915d3

it does knock off some spin from the G30 but not on the level of the other drivers
[/quote]

I agree. For the player it fits it will be an outstanding head. It's set very much like the G30's being played on tour. Most have melt shoved in the toe to prevent the left bias while also lowering spin because its toward the face and not the back on the clubhead.

Edel PROTO

[quote name='redraider1685' timestamp='1421956571' post='10798805']
j - I ordered the fubuki J for my DBD as I see this thing turning into a high flying low spinning missile launcher (will insert hashtags later)

how do you think a 80XX would work in the 815 fairway as I am leaning towards that combo to give my 915's a little friendly competition
[/quote]

I actually think the J could be a great fwy wood shaft off the deck but not sure about off the tee. Depending on loft I could see it potentially having too high of a launch angle but again haven't tried it just yet.

[quote name='Blades4Life' timestamp='1421957855' post='10798971']
Just curious, have you ever tried the ust chrome shaft? It'd be interesting to see how you feel it compares to the rogue and fubuki j. Also did you hear anything about the chrome+ at the show? Sorry for asking so many questions, and thanks. :)
[/quote]

No worries and I have not tried the Chrome but have hit the MK which was nice and smooth. I hear good things about the Chrome though.

Edel PROTO

PGA Merch Show mini review:

[attachment=2583185:image.jpg][attachment=2583187:image.jpg]

For the last several days i've been at the PGA show and saw some cool stuff. I'm not going to post a million pics as the board covered just about everything but I'd like to chime in on some things that stood out to me for those that are interested. Real quick here's what I thought was cool and will be added to my "Need to try on course" list.

Drivers:
Cobra Fly Z+ - REALLY impressed me and performances was TOP notch. Great driver here boys and girls.

Srixon 745 - Very nice stick look forward to hitting it more.

Nike Vapor Pro and Speed - Really liked both but with different shaft profiles.

Cally DBD- I have this now and love it.

FWY woods
Cobra Fly Z+ - very simliar to the bio cell +.

Callaway XR Pro and BB 815 - Extremely hot with excellent sound and feel. The finish on the XR is much better then the X2hot line. The BB 815 16* with the 30g weight in the front is darn near amazing.

Srixon Z F45 - Very classic look i'm digging it.

Hybrids
Callaway XR and 815 alpha - Love them especially the 815's

Adams - Forget the name but it has the weights in the bottom. Really hot and like the setup.

Mizuno JPX - love that their making a 16* hybrid, points for that and I wonder how it would do in place of a 3 wood.

Tour edge Exotics Ea - Missile launcher and love the profile and loft selection

Irons:
Srixon 745 - Beautiful and love the setup. Also great flight and a nice soft feel.

Cobra Fly Z+ forged - WOW impressed

Nike Vapor PC/pro - First time i actually got to hit these outside and was really impressed. Nike, well done!

Putters:
Odyssey Works line is top notch and i'm a HUGE Odyssey homer. Been playing an Odyssey since before they were apart of Callaway so I am a fan. But seriously the new insert feels pefect, go try one. New headshapes and paint schemes make them even easier to roll and line up.

Nike Converge - Love the S1 headshape and the new insert/ groove feel. Really like their take on Counter Balanace putters and it does make a difference. The weight in the hands feels really good and being able to adjust it makes sense.

Bettinardi - not there, shame as I wanted to test the Inovai

Shafts:
Kuro Kage XT Tini - Stellar and interested in trying more for sure.

So that's basically what stood out for me. ALso met up with some of the Wrx crew like Hipcheck, Ben, and Zak. Always good to catch up. Here's on of me and Hip at the demo day. Lots of fun

[attachment=2583223:image.jpg]

Edel PROTO

Forgot to mention I played 18 last week in Orlando and played ok considering I haven't been playing much golf due to the winter months. I used the DBD 9* Core up with the Rogue 80TX and hit 13/13 fairways which just made me laugh. I didn't realize it until I was 12/12 and thought damn I've hit every fairway today. The combo is not the longest but I'll be damned if it's not the most accurate setup I've ever had.

Fubuki J is still in the mix but with Feb fast approaching my outdoor golf will be put on hold. If I can keep that accuracy but add yards i'm all for it but i'm glad I have an amazing setup that I'm confident in.

Edel PROTO

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update :

Played yesterday and used the Fubuki J in the DBD. Have to say the more I use this shaft the more I like it. Distance is STELLAR and dispersion is pretty darn good as well. Temp yesterday was 44* and I was pounding drives in spots where i'm at in the spring and summer. All in all it won't be going anywhere and the Rogue might be in trouble.

Edel PROTO

New flatstick to try. Odyssey Works 1W 35" with 1* of loft. I'd love to go back to a standard putter but the Tank has been amazing for me. The reason i'm giving this a whirl is because on faster greens the Tank can be hard to control speed. We'll see how she rolls them, updates to follow when weather turns.

Edel PROTO

It's a beauty! Hope it works out for you

Callaway Paradym X 10.5  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T22 RAW 53/57 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1423613065' post='10927795']
It's a beauty! Hope it works out for you
[/quote]

I see what you did there

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

Haha funny guy.

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1423604531' post='10926999']
New flatstick to try. Odyssey Works 1W 35" with 1* of loft. I'd love to go back to a standard putter but the Tank has been amazing for me. The reason i'm giving this a whirl is because on faster greens the Tank can be hard to control speed. We'll see how she rolls them, updates to follow when weather turns.
[/quote]

I'm really liking my Works 1W, hope yours treats you well.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

[quote name='bcflyguy1' timestamp='1423778525' post='10941165']
[quote name='J13' timestamp='1423604531' post='10926999']
[/quote]

I'm really liking my Works 1W, hope yours treats you well.
[/quote]

Thanks I hope it does too!!

HIt the G30 LS vs Cobra Fly Z+ and have to say both are stellar. THe cobra gets the edge from me simply because I could adjust it more to my liking and get numbers dialed in pretty darn tight. Ballspeed was the highest with Cobra but forgiveness although great in the Cobra head, goes to the G30LS. Hard to miss the sweetspot on that head. You could toss a coin between these two and wouldn't go wrong. Cobra I was averaging around 2000rpm and Ping around 2200 so both are low. Anyway really impressed with both.

Titleist 915Fd - Really really like this fwy wood. Very impressed with how much better it is then the 913. It's a front runner for my vacant 3 wood spot.

Edel PROTO

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1423886038' post='10950149']
Did you hit the F?
[/quote]

Yes and like the F a lot but loft for loft I get more carry off the deck with the Fd. Still want to hit a few more fwy's but if decide to go with the F or Fd I will do a more comprehensive test.

[quote name='tyro' timestamp='1423892570' post='10950663']
I tried most of the Odyssey Works minus the #2 I think. The V-Line was the standout for me. It just has such strong alignment aids in the contrast of light/dark colors. The insert feels nice too.
[/quote]

VLine is a great putter but I tend to have issues with any putter with a rounded back. NOt sure why.

Edel PROTO

Winter has hit and i'm going stir crazy. Started testing 3 woods and i'm looking at a few. Also been testing the Veylix Arcane in the fwy woods and have to say it's a great shaft with a mid launch / low spin profile. I know they aren't cheap but if you can get a good deal on one pull the trigger. ALso they look cool in the sun when they change color. Anyway her'es what I'm looking at

Callaway 815 Alpha 16*
Titleist Fd / F 15*
Cobra FZ+ 15*

Edel PROTO

I'm curious to give the 815 a try, but its hard to imagine it outperforming the Bertha V for me. I've only had it a couple months, but in that time I've hit more great shots from the deck with it than I have with a FW for a very, very long time.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

[quote name='bcflyguy1' timestamp='1424287065' post='10979391']
I'm curious to give the 815 a try, but its hard to imagine it outperforming the Bertha V for me. I've only had it a couple months, but in that time I've hit more great shots from the deck with it than I have with a FW for a very, very long time.
[/quote]

If its working well don't mess with it!!

On a side note I got a new toy in. I've been singing it's praises since I hit it at the demo day at the PGA Merch show and I finally grabbed it. The DBD has it's first challenger!

Edel PROTO

What shaft is in that fly z? That is the only other driver I want to try this year...please post your thoughts. Also am intrigued with the matching 3 metal options. And of course I think the best color option is the white. The other colors with the graphics seem to be too much. I thought it looked a little glossy in the store. Looking forward to some feedback.....

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM