Found a huge box full of Pinnacle Balls (Question, Help)

penghpengh Members Posts: 8
Our office got donated a bunch of balls (Pinnacle Gold FX soft/Long and Exception) brand new. The balls are to be used for our Kids Golf Program. I don't work in the dept and don't want to ask about the balls. The box (brown cardboard ) they came in says Pinnacle Over Run, or Run over??? Does that mean anything? a couple balls in the box are brand new range balls. Just wondering if they all might be x-outs and are worth using. Non of the balls are packaged or anything.

Comments

• jlong1234jlong1234 Members Posts: 47
    Over runs are just "extras" that are made in the batch. Sometimes a logo might be off a hair or some other cosmetic imperfection while they are dialing in the line for that run. X-outs are generally the same thing.
  • Tim DelgadoTim Delgado In Vino (and Golf) Veritas Members Posts: 1,749
    Give the balls to the kids and go buy some for yourself! image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Good grief, are you kidding me??!!

Tim
  • boxerglockerboxerglocker Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
    Even just thinking of...stealing candy from a baby...is bad carma image/ohmy.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I agree with the above poster...buy your own... they were donated for kid's for God's sake!
  • MARK918MARK918 Members Posts: 281
    +3. They were not donated to you. Thats bad karma right there
  • SpydazSpydaz Members Posts: 121
    edited May 21, 2008 #6
    Wow.. What people will do for some FREE BALLS!!!! Go to a garage sale or check out craigslist.com for some cheap deals on TONS of balls for practically nothing. And it also will also deter a Bad Conscience!!
  • DGMVWDGMVW Pressel Members Posts: 394
    Holy cow. You guys are horrible. Re-read his post. He never says that he's going to take and use them for himself. Maybe he was asking for the kid's sake!
  • bogeyjosh bogeyjosh Banned Posts: 687
    stealing from kids at church will send you directly to ****. image/diablo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

j/k
  • mat562mat562 My ex had an irrational phobia of salad cream. Honestly. Members Posts: 10,947 ✭✭
    edited May 21, 2008 #9
    Mate,

Pinnacle Karma Extreme...

Every one of those balls will be a Lake-Seeking Missile if you take a few for your own use... Even if you pay a fair price for them.

Like girlfriends say at fights: 'Leave it. It's not worth it..' image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • SpydazSpydaz Members Posts: 121
    You can touch but you can't taste... You can taste but you can't touch... image/diablo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />(From Devils advocate) image/diablo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • xan_userxan_user Members Posts: 875
    They should be fine for the kids. Maybe a little hard, but Tough covers! its what i give my kids wen I run out of wilsons. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I read it that he wanted to know if the balls were ok for the kids to use, not himself....
    "Please accept my resignation.
    I don’t care to belong to any club that
    will have me as a member".
  • Freddy300Freddy300 Members Posts: 1,164
    DGMVW wrote on May 21 2008, 10:07 AM:
    Holy cow. You guys are horrible. Re-read his post. He never says that he's going to take and use them for himself. Maybe he was asking for the kid's sake!

You can get slighty used refurbished balls from Wal Mart for peanuts. Give the kids their golf balls and the donated Titleist irons.
  • mat562mat562 My ex had an irrational phobia of salad cream. Honestly. Members Posts: 10,947 ✭✭
    Good point above; I jumped onto the bad karma bandwagon a bit hastily myself.

For kids they'll be great. The durability should be on a par with granite and they'll be fine for the juniors as long as they're not looking to rip them back like a Greg Norman sand wedge.

Usually overruns are precisely that - excess balls that are accidentally over-produced, or cosmetic rejects. Nice gesture from whoever they came from regardless. image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />