2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Tour Striker Smart Ball

ts511

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine today but can only swing in the house for now. I've been fighting an ott move for a long time, but I taped some aggressive swings, and my plane using the SB is perfect. Without hitting a ball it's easy to make full swings and not drop the all, but the difference in body rotation and plane is amazing. Need to emulate the core rotation feeling as soon as some of this snow melts and the year round ranges can re-open.

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1424524883' post='10997321']
Completely over priced. Read the 9-3thread. You can build these out if nerf balls in a few minutes. I once built 2 for less than $8.00

BTW - how does this thread exist without a sponsorship?

[url="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FpXoB8esIwo"]https://m.youtube.co...h?v=FpXoB8esIwo[/url]
[/quote]

ej, I'm glad your resourceful and can make stuff and have a few nerf balls lying around. If you actually tried my product, you'd find it pretty effective and a lot better than a nerf ball. Do I charge a lot for what it is? Yes. Why? When you develop a product and see all the behind the scenes expenses, you'll know why. Besides, like your post on this forum, people have free will to make their own decisions and voice their opinions. You can make a lot of things, but is it worth your time value? Anyway, as for the sponsorship comment, I didn't start this thread. I'm simply answering questions. I'm sorry that rubs you the wrong way.

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1424618124' post='11003263']
[quote name='_Fred_' timestamp='1424609427' post='11002769']
The discount code given 30h ago should work but it does not apparently.
Did any one manage to make it work?
[/quote]

Fred, code expired. I reset it for another couple weeks. Thanks for the interest. Happy Striking.
[/quote]

Good mojo Martin. Discounts often have a shelf life. I am a dissenter that became a convert. No complaints.

"Non rinunciare mai quello
che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Driver: Titleist 913D

Fairway: Tour Edge XCG 7

Hybrids: Bobby Jones(Jesse Ortiz) Blackbird 3,4,5,6

Irons: 3-PW Titleist 710 MB (Rifle Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Tour Edge 52, 56 deg, Cleveland RTX 50 deg 

Putter: Odyssey Custom Metal X 7

Completely over priced. Read the 9-3thread. You can build these out if nerf balls in a few minutes. I once built 2 for less than $8.00

[url="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FpXoB8esIwo"]https://m.youtube.co...h?v=FpXoB8esIwo[/url]
[/quote]
Can you explain to me how you deflated the nerf ball to stick under your arm pit?

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1424618084' post='11003261']

[/quote]

ej, I'm glad your resourceful and can make stuff and have a few nerf balls lying around. If you actually tried my product, you'd find it pretty effective and a lot better than a nerf ball. Do I charge a lot for what it is? Yes. Why? When you develop a product and see all the behind the scenes expenses, you'll know why. Besides, like your post on this forum, people have free will to make their own decisions and voice their opinions. You can make a lot of things, but is it worth your time value? Anyway, as for the sponsorship comment, I didn't start this thread. I'm simply answering questions. I'm sorry that rubs you the wrong way.
[/quote]

No a plant started it for you and you took it over. Just like all the other stuff you pushed over the years.

[quote name='jgonz69' timestamp='1424634423' post='11004773']

[/quote]
Can you explain to me how you deflated the nerf ball to stick under your arm pit?
[/quote]

Nerf as in foam. Larger ball for betwen foearm and an ace bandage. 9-3 thread explain. Dan Whitacker uses something else to use for the arms to slip into. If you want something for under the Arm - you can use anything like a glove etc. you can maybe use a smaller league ball sized nerf ball to smoosh under the arm. 30 dollars for ball is just not necessary IMO.

The Martin Kaymer device can be built with a lanyard, shoe string and a tennis ball. Just make a slit in the ball and triple knot the shoe string to length and shove the knot into the slit. Tie the string on the lanyard to appropriate length.

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1424635569' post='11004901']

[/quote]
[/quote]

Nerf as in foam. Larger ball for betwen foearm and an ace bandage. 9-3 thread explain. Dan Whitacker uses something else to use for the arms to slip into. If you want something for under the Arm - you can use anything like a glove etc. you can maybe use a smaller league ball sized nerf ball to smoosh under the arm. 30 dollars for ball is just not necessary IMO.

The Martin Kaymer device can be built with a lanyard, shoe string and a tennis ball. Just make a slit in the ball and triple knot the shoe string to length and shove the knot into the slit. Tie the string on the lanyard to appropriate length.
[/quote]

I don't get the negatively in your post or towards CM. If you don't like it or think the value is out of line, fine, just don't purchase the product.

That said, thank you for the ideas. I've also heard a large sponge found at auto parts stores can be used. By the way, I do own the product and love that it takes almost no room in the bag.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I still need advice/encouragement. When I first got the smart ball I couldn't do it at all even w/out trying to hit a golf ball. I can now do it in my basement w/out a golf ball but I can't hit a golf ball while using this thing at all. Not even a decent chip.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1424640078' post='11005365']
I still need advice/encouragement. When I first got the smart ball I couldn't do it at all even w/out a ball. I can now do it in my basement w/out a ball but I can't hit a ball while using this thing at all. Not even a chip.
[/quote]

I guess would depend on what your swing looks like to begin with. Is it too armsy? do you have trouble turning with hips? My goals are to try and keep my arms in front of my body as I turn with hips, but not as much turn as you think you need. Try different lengths of the tether, deflate a little to help keep the ball in place. As Martin stated awhile back, begin with shorter strokes 9 to 3 etc. A drill might be to swing to the right a specific distance, hold it there, turn head to check the position, then make downswing to same distance to left, hold, check. This way you are focusing on the swing and not the smart ball. Make sure you are not swaying when you turn your head, but merely rotating it to view where your hands are. Your head would still be steady in space. May or may not work for you.

"Non rinunciare mai quello
che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Driver: Titleist 913D

Fairway: Tour Edge XCG 7

Hybrids: Bobby Jones(Jesse Ortiz) Blackbird 3,4,5,6

Irons: 3-PW Titleist 710 MB (Rifle Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Tour Edge 52, 56 deg, Cleveland RTX 50 deg 

Putter: Odyssey Custom Metal X 7

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Everybody KNOWS a nerf ball is made of foam. I asked you how you deflate it to make it as functional as the smart ball.
So according to you, you need to fashion a nerf ball and an ace bandage to fasten it to your arms. And then you say I can get another nerf ball to put under my arm or use a glove or something else. Sounds like the smart ball is functional to do all that without having to carry all the stuff that I would need to do as you suggest.

Cool buy two one for the forearms and one for the armpit.

And obviously you don't deflate foam. You cut wedges in the nerf ball side and put a wrap around it. Look in 9-3 thread or do a search. Dan W. Posted also an alternative way. Or you can do the tennis ball lanyard thing. Or you can buy a softball sized tennis ball (dog toy Kong ball will work). Take a 16 inch softball or rag ball and tape a lanyard to it.

I don't stick anything in my armpits - I think that is stupid.

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1424656631' post='11007539']

And obviously you don't deflate foam. You cut wedges in the nerf ball side and put a wrap around it. Look in 9-3 thread or do a search. Dan W. Posted also an alternative way. Or you can do the tennis ball lanyard thing. Or you can buy a softball sized tennis ball (dog toy Kong ball will work). Take a 16 inch softball or rag ball and tape a lanyard to it.

[/quote]

Well way to go. How bout you go through all the trouble of researching,developing and marketing your product and get back to everybody about how much you think it should cost. But your probably to busy making asenine negative comments on a golf forum for mundane stuff like that.

Once again the circus is back in town and the clowns are running the forum. It gets really old when the clowns take shots at teaching pros who give us tons of free advice and they have to put up with the clowns. Martin's videos and merchandise are thoughtful and we are luck to have him, Iteach, Jim Waldron, Monte, etc.

The circus clowns need to find another forum.

[quote name='jaydro' timestamp='1424662308' post='11008183']

[/quote]

Well way to go. How bout you go through all the trouble of researching,developing and marketing your product and get back to everybody about how much you think it should cost. But your probably to busy making asenine negative comments on a golf forum for mundane stuff like that.
[/quote]

It wouldn't be much trouble considering the instructions on how to make one with household items has been posted here at least a dozen times. Instead of being butt hurt - just say thanks. I am trying to save you guys a few bucks. And you guys can call me a clown all you want or that I should find a new forum, but I been here a very long time and this guy routinely skirts the sponsorship rules. And this time it's with a device that other people thought of.

Sorry but I am calling this spade a spade.

[/quote]
I've had both devices you mentioned. Geoff made me the Nerf ball + Ace bandage contraption when I was in Texarkana. The Smart Ball is different, it is closer to the Kaymer tennis ball device. I tried making one of those. It was great. Then I started hitting myself in the manhood as it swung around. Then the string came unfrayed at the knot and flew 30 yards downrange.

It isn't cheap, but I have found value in the Smart Ball.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1424699697' post='11009657']
[quote name='jaydro' timestamp='1424662308' post='11008183']

[/quote]

[/quote]

It wouldn't be much trouble considering the instructions on how to make one with household items has been posted here at least a dozen times. Instead of being butt hurt - just say thanks. I am trying to save you guys a few bucks. And you guys can call me a clown all you want or that I should find a new forum, but I been here a very long time and this guy routinely skirts the sponsorship rules. And this time it's with a device that other people thought of.

Sorry but I am calling this spade a spade.
[/quote]

Do as you will, but you could at least be a bit more tactful and polite about it. Your tone quite frankly leaves a bit to be desired.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

Why do you ever buy a putter? Would be cheaper to duct tape a flat piece of metal to a stick and use that. You can jerry rig a ton of things, but the reason you pay is because it's less effort than creating something yourself. Also usually works better to use the commercial good.

Just bought a smart ball. Hoping it helps my back swing stay more connected as that's an issue I have. Thanks for the discount code!

i own the smart ball and it is a fantastic training aid. no matter what your swing philosophy, it's essential that the arms not outpace the shoulders/rest of body. this helps ingrain the feel of being connected.

guys, it's $35. the mfg charges a markup, big deal. it's not like you have to take out a second mortgage to pay for the thing. if you want to make your own and save $20, then go ahead.

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1424635080' post='11004839'][quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1424618084' post='11003261']

[/quote]

[/quote]

No a plant started it for you and you took it over. Just like all the other stuff you pushed over the years.[/quote]

Wow. I hope your life outside of these forums is a little brighter.

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1424717840' post='11011639']
[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1424635080' post='11004839'][quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1424618084' post='11003261']

[/quote]

[/quote]

No a plant started it for you and you took it over. Just like all the other stuff you pushed over the years.[/quote]

Wow. I hope your life outside of these forums is a little brighter.
[/quote]

Dont feed the troll Mr. Striker. When I started taking golf seriously and wanting to play better, I ordered up one of your 7i clubs. I emailed and YOU replied helping me a ton. Thought I would get a sales rep. Well, that club alone started my journey to better golf. I havent ordered your newest product, but I am sure it was well thought out and designed to help the golfer. Best of luck and I, for one, am glad to have you around the boards.

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

Martin is a standup guy. He has offered sound advice and links. He even offers ideas as to how to make your own versions and I have never heard him take a shot at products others have made. As a matter of fact, he generally indicates they are good products and doesn't knock them.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1424639943' post='11005351']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't get the negatively in your post or towards CM. If you don't like it or think the value is out of line, fine, just don't purchase the product.

That said, thank you for the ideas. I've also heard a large sponge found at auto parts stores can be used. By the way, I do own the product and love that it takes almost no room in the bag.
[/quote]

I don't sense any negativity, just the positive assertion that a sucker is born every day.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1424734536' post='11013769']
I don't sense any negativity, just the positive assertion that a sucker is born every day.
[/quote]

Whatever happened to the deployment of the troll nets?

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1131623-negativity-alert-troll-nets-are-deployed-please-dont-be-a-troll/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...ont-be-a-troll/[/url]

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1424734536' post='11013769'][quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1424639943' post='11005351']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't sense any negativity, just the positive assertion that a sucker is born every day.[/quote]

Apparently grumpy ones too.

Edit for language.

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x