Tour Striker Smart Ball

ts511

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I found an outdoor range open and hit balls with it yesterday. At first I could keep the ball in between my arms for the whole swing with wedge, 8 and 6 but struggled with longer clubs all the way to finish. I've been told to speed my arms up as they lag too far behind by my local pro I take some lessons with. For me I shortened my backswing and had to move quickly to keep my arms in front to keep the SB from falling out. Was a really good experience and look forward to continue to work with it.

[quote name='Kiwi2' timestamp='1424735922' post='11013951']
[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1424734536' post='11013769']
I don't sense any negativity, just the positive assertion that a sucker is born every day.
[/quote]

Whatever happened to the deployment of the troll nets?

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1131623-negativity-alert-troll-nets-are-deployed-please-dont-be-a-troll/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...ont-be-a-troll/[/url]
[/quote]

What, you thinking you're going to get caught?

Telling the group that buying a ball for too much money is a sucker move isn't trolling, it's just the facts.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1424744183' post='11014981']
I don't sense any negativity, just the positive assertion that a sucker is born every day.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1131623-negativity-alert-troll-nets-are-deployed-please-dont-be-a-troll/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...ont-be-a-troll/[/url]
[/quote]

Telling the group that buying a ball for too much money is a sucker move isn't trolling, it's just the facts.
[/quote]

How do you know it is too much money? Most golf training aids appear to be expensive for what they are.

What are the production costs? What are the marketing costs? What are the distribution costs? What are the middleman costs? What were the development costs?
Does the intellectual property have a value for which a return should be received?

What is it worth to those who buy it?

The market place will determine price. If its too expensive few units will be sold. That doesn't appear to have been the case.

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1424745266' post='11015135']
[attachment=2632677:image.jpg]
[/quote]

[quote name='Kiwi2' timestamp='1424745578' post='11015197']
[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1424744183' post='11014981']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How do you know it is too much money? Most golf training aids appear to be expensive for what they are.

What are the production costs? What are the marketing costs? What are the distribution costs? What are the middleman costs? What were the development costs?
Does the intellectual property have a value for which a return should be received?

What is it worth to those who buy it?

The market place will determine price. If its too expensive few units will be sold. That doesn't appear to have been the case.
[/quote]

So, you can give a short treatise on market theory but another member can't express their opinion on the market place?

By the way, that's a lovely schefflera. Over watering can be an issue...

[quote name='sdonoghue' timestamp='1424742213' post='11014689']
So I found an outdoor range open and hit balls with it yesterday. At first I could keep the ball in between my arms for the whole swing with wedge, 8 and 6 but struggled with longer clubs all the way to finish. I've been told to speed my arms up as they lag too far behind by my local pro I take some lessons with. For me I shortened my backswing and had to move quickly to keep my arms in front to keep the SB from falling out. Was a really good experience and look forward to continue to work with it.
[/quote]

Awesome! Glad you like it. Thanks for the kind words and good luck with your game.

[quote name='oikos1' timestamp='1424747187' post='11015425']
So, you can give a short treatise on market theory but another member can't express their opinion on the market place?

[/quote]

Why comment on what was posted to give the appearance of a prohibitive substance plant to me?

[quote name='Lord Helmet' timestamp='1424744691' post='11015047']
The creator of the product didn't start the thread.
[/quote]

Ok, but if this isn't a sponsored thread then why does it continue after violations of terms of service of this website? I offered my opinion of the product and was personally attacked by being called and a****** and a troll. Those responses pretty much prove my point.

[quote name='Kiwi2' timestamp='1424748406' post='11015569']
[quote name='oikos1' timestamp='1424747187' post='11015425']

[/quote]

Why comment on what was posted to give the appearance of a prohibitive substance plant to me?
[/quote]

Well, sometimes things run together in these threads. Next time I'll separate with multiple quotes for clarity. As for the appearance of a prohibitive substance plant, that's your perception...

staying on topic......one aspect of this training aid is it's very light weight making it fairly easy to hold in place. I can make full driver swings. Some have experienced trouble doing so. This may be indicative of other problems or issues. The SB may or may not eliminate some of them. I believe once you get the tether to the right length for your body, learn how to use as little pressure as you can, it will help a lot. YMMV. I personally, do not think the price is out of line. I happened to look up the costs of similar training aids, such as the one Martin Kaymer used and I learned it is retail at $24.95 but is heavier and solid and can not be deflated for the other uses as suggested here. The aid called "Perfect Connextion" seems like it would serve the same purpose, but is a solid rod that would not fit in a bag. I do not know what the cost of that one is. Obviously, the home made versions would serve the same purpose and your costs would be minimal if that's what you want. As for violation of sponsor service matters, I would leave that up to the mods and admins. It serves no purpose to berate a supplier here. There are reporting formats available for that.

or as Vito Corleone said to the heads of the five families "How did things get so far? I don't know, I lost a son, Tatagglia lost a son............."

"Non rinunciare mai quello
che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Driver: Titleist 913D

Fairway: Tour Edge XCG 7

Hybrids: Bobby Jones(Jesse Ortiz) Blackbird 3,4,5,6

Irons: 3-PW Titleist 710 MB (Rifle Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Tour Edge 52, 56 deg, Cleveland RTX 50 deg 

Putter: Odyssey Custom Metal X 7

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1424748972' post='11015627']
[/quote]

Ok, but if this isn't a sponsored thread then why does it continue after violations of terms of service of this website? I offered my opinion of the product and was personally attacked by being called and a****** and a troll. Those responses pretty much prove my point.
[/quote]

So you have tried the product and offered a review? I missed that. Or did you just say it was overpriced and folks who have bought it were suckers. troll

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Went back to the beginning of the thread:

First post said " It is not much more than a $30.00 beach ball, but I bought the idea more than anything."

Second post said: "It's really a ridiculous thing to buy, and I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum who will say so, but I also just bought one."

Third post offered this:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp7LNySfG7k[/media]

...and then it goes back and forth, pros and cons from there up until now. Dino even got in early: "Really? P.T. Barnum got it right. It amazes me what golfers will pay for anything touted as a "golf training aid"

So when someone says this about the recent posts:[i] "So you have tried the product and offered a review? I missed that. Or did you just say it was overpriced and folks who have bought it were suckers. troll "[/i]...the reality is the comments are right on topic with the original content of this thread. I would have to think Martin loves the publicity either way, so why get so uptight about an opposing viewpoint that it would cause you to resort to name calling?

[quote name='Lord Helmet' timestamp='1424785036' post='11017051']
[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1424748972' post='11015627']
[/quote]

[/quote]

So you have tried the product and offered a review? I missed that. Or did you just say it was overpriced and folks who have bought it were suckers. troll
[/quote]

Seriously? Some things you don't have to try to know they are over priced, but hey - go buy yourself a pet rock, I mean if you haven't tried it how would you know?

North and Oikos - thanks for the replies. I will stand down. North - I think you are trolling, but hey, thats my opinion. Oikos, well outlined post and I can respect that. All I was saying is that the creator of the product did not create the thread - only offered opinions and feedback to some of the posters, both positive and negative.

I think it is incredibly rude to come at the product creator like a few have done in the thread. Again, thats my opinion. Oikos, you seem to be able to have a dialogue irrespective of opinion on topic. North - you cannot and I dont have the time for that. Block list updated (pet rock list I should say).

G day gentleman

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

I have the Smart Ball and I like it. I do not regret my purchase, and I will continue to use it.

With that said, I think the criticism is valid. First, Monte had a post about one of his gadgets that someone else posted about, and that post got shut down in a day. So I can wrap my head around EJ's argument. Second, it is expensive, no one denies that; not even Martin. Finally, I think it is completely legitamate to ask if the Smart Ball helps golfers get better. I have seen several pros on this board give it their approval. But that does not mean it is not a perfectly reasonable discussion to have. When I swing with the Smart Ball, I do not chicken wing, overswing, and I stay in sync. So I like it a lot, but that is hardly the final word on the matter.

I tried the nerf ball idea, and between my dogs and my kids, I could never find the ball. So this defintely has some advantages for me. I spent way over $30 replacing nerf balls that mysteriously went missing.

Moving to The Cooler for now pending Moderator and Management review.

Please do not send any more Reports regarding this thread.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade BRNR Mini, 11.5*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi 4i, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Taylormade MyTP Juno Long Neck, 35"

• 2 years later...

Q: do you put the ball just below the elbows or just above the wrist or in the middle?

middle forearms. I use it to warm/up start my routine and has been great for me to feel better tempo (don't swing it as hard), great connection, and my trail elbow doesn't get stuck. I hit it with all clubs too btw. great for pitching too imo.

My general philosophy with training aids is that - if there's obvious IP involved - I'll buy the original, because it's only fair. If there isn't I'll try to make my own.

I made my own 'ball' using a sponge ball from Dicks Sporting Goods and then cutting v-shaped notches for my arms to rest.

Great for chipping practice, and probably does 90% of what the Smart Ball does, but it isn't collapsible and is too goofy to take to the range.

I'll probably end up buying the Smart Ball and consider it decent value given the convenience.

My general philosophy with training aids is that - if there's obvious IP involved - I'll buy the original, because it's only fair. If there isn't I'll try to make my own.

I made my own 'ball' using a sponge ball from Dicks Sporting Goods and then cutting v-shaped notches for my arms to rest.

Great for chipping practice, and probably does 90% of what the Smart Ball does, but it isn't collapsible and is too goofy to take to the range.

I'll probably end up buying the Smart Ball and consider it decent value given the convenience.

I have an impact ball which I used to use, but the smart ball is so much more convenient and just lives in my bag where it takes up hardly any room.

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

I made the same with a foam ball, with notches, and taped ACE bandage loops for each arm. It does slide down too much, and the notches are probably too deep, I have too really squeeze it and it gets my wrists in funky position as I near top of swing.

I hope to use swing ball to prevent run off at the top and getting too handsy at the top as well, plus it coordinates body with arms better.