J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

[quote name='Deuce78' timestamp='1424575990' post='11001725']
What shaft is in that fly z? That is the only other driver I want to try this year...please post your thoughts. Also am intrigued with the matching 3 metal options. And of course I think the best color option is the white. The other colors with the graphics seem to be too much. I thought it looked a little glossy in the store. Looking forward to some feedback.....
[/quote]

Will do and the the shaft that's in it isn't nearly as important as whats going in ;) Pics to follow The fwy woods are really really good as well and it's on my list as i currently am on the hunt for my 3 wood. ANd yes lots of colors to choose from with my personal favorited being the green that will be released come next month. Second favorite is the white. Basically if this driver turns out to be a winner I will grab the green head as well haha.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I am patiently waiting for some feedback on the fly z+. Wondering if it is worth consideration to test against my d3 and LSTec....

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1424888820' post='11026825']
[quote name='Deuce78' timestamp='1424888519' post='11026771']
I am patiently waiting for some feedback on the fly z+. Wondering if it is worth consideration to test against my d3 and LSTec....
[/quote]

Def worth a shot.
[/quote]

Ive tested all 3 and the Cobra has so far come out ahead.

BTW i have some new toys coming. I'm doing the builds now and I won't say much until I post pics. But they are 2 drivers and the shafts going in are not Rogue's ;)

Edel PROTO

Okay so finally built my new toy and have 2 shafts that I will be trying in the head. Cobra Fly Z+ and the shafts are the Fubuki J 70X and Fubuki J 60XX. Have to say i am REALLY liking this shaft and head is givin me some killer numbers.

So far based on todays LM with the 60XX i was averaging around 14* launch and 2100 rpm spin. The setting that seem to give me the best results were 8.5* with the weight in the back. I have to keep playing around with settings and the 70X but so far I REALLY like what i'm seeing.

[attachment=2643117:image.jpg]

Edel PROTO

That driver is filthy. You're going to have a serious dilemma on your hands as well :)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1425262015' post='11057533']
That driver is filthy. You're going to have a serious dilemma on your hands as well :)
[/quote]

I really do and have to say the head with the shaft looks amazing. Everything about the head and shaft just work together.

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1425263108' post='11057651']
[/quote]

I really do and have to say the head with the shaft looks amazing. Everything about the head and shaft just work together.
[/quote]

I might be compelled to play that setup based on looks alone! The Fly Z+ was amazingly good.. much better than the BCP in my opinion and sounds great. I think it's going to going to give your DBD a big run for the money.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Looking forward to this. I have one on order. White as well.

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1425263314' post='11057671']
[quote name='J13' timestamp='1425263108' post='11057651']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I might be compelled to play that setup based on looks alone! The Fly Z+ was amazingly good.. much better than the BCP in my opinion and sounds great. I think it's going to going to give your DBD a big run for the money.
[/quote]

Based on the numbers i'm getting it really is. But yeah when I got head and shaft finally built I was taken back by how good this thing looks.

[quote name='Deuce78' timestamp='1425263811' post='11057725']
Looking forward to this. I have one on order. White as well.
[/quote]

Will update as I get some more time with it for sure. Also when i get the 70X in there as well. Waiting on the other adaptor.

Edel PROTO

Get on with it....you are going to make a decision soon....got to be set in the bag for the year once competition starts!! Mine is pretty much done...well...almost!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1425261175' post='11057437']
Okay so finally built my new toy and have 2 shafts that I will be trying in the head. Cobra Fly Z+ and the shafts are the Fubuki J 70X and Fubuki J 60XX. Have to say i am REALLY liking this shaft and head is givin me some killer numbers.

So far based on todays LM with the 60XX i was averaging around 14* launch and 2100 rpm spin. The setting that seem to give me the best results were 8.5* with the weight in the back. I have to keep playing around with settings and the 70X but so far I REALLY like what i'm seeing.

[/quote]

Like :)

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

Finally got an adaptor on my Fubuki J 70x. WOW. If your looking for a low spin smooth shaft look no further. Didn't get any numbers to compare with the 60g J as I was in work/ business attire but God it felt good. But feel aside it all comes down to numbers and how it works on the course. Hoping to get back on the course soon and also compare a dialed in cobra Fly z+ to the rogue/DBD which is currently the king of the hill.

Edel PROTO

I seem to have similar taste to you, but in a slower swing speed. I have a BC+, and have been looking forward to trying the Fly Z + and the DBD; those are really the only drivers I would consider buying this year. I, in fact, had my club builder put a Callaway adaptor on my Fubuki K 60X shaft, so it would be ready to test, when I finally found a left handed head to demo. I am a fan of the Fubuki series; very smooth feeling shaft. I don't know how the J series compares to the K series, do you?

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

[quote name='Mob' timestamp='1425428753' post='11071801']
I seem to have similar taste to you, but in a slower swing speed. I have a BC+, and have been looking forward to trying the Fly Z + and the DBD; those are really the only drivers I would consider buying this year. I, in fact, had my club builder put a Callaway adaptor on my Fubuki K 60X shaft, so it would be ready to test, when I finally found a left handed head to demo. I am a fan of the Fubuki series; very smooth feeling shaft. I don't know how the J series compares to the K series, do you?
[/quote]

I don't have experience with the K but what i have been told by a tour builder is the J is slightly higher launch, slight lower spin, and longer :)

[quote name='SwooshLT' timestamp='1425432868' post='11072351']
Great setup J! Can't believe the irons are hanging in there. ......did you take a look at the J15 cb?
[/quote]

Haha I know but the MC's are great irons and with the Nippon Modus in there you can't go wrong. If you notice a lot of TM guys are playing them and haven't switched to the newer irons.

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1425436276' post='11072791']
[quote name='Mob' timestamp='1425428753' post='11071801']
[/quote]

I don't have experience with the K but what i have been told by a tour builder is the J is slightly higher launch, slight lower spin, and longer :)

[quote name='SwooshLT' timestamp='1425432868' post='11072351']
Great setup J! Can't believe the irons are hanging in there. ......did you take a look at the J15 cb?
[/quote]

Haha I know but the MC's are great irons and with the Nippon Modus in there you can't go wrong. If you notice a lot of TM guys are playing them and haven't switched to the newer irons.
[/quote]

Day and J.B. Holmes still playing well with...we can't pretend they are "outdated " lol.....they also setup better to my eye than the rsi tp (replacement I guess )

Well this certainly helps me in making the decision to bag'em!

Yeah play what works and what looks good to your eye. The TM MC's feel pretty good and perform very well for me. I had the Cally Apex pro's for a little while but to be honest the wear on the face just got to me and visually threw me for a loop especially if I was facing into the sun. I literally just couldn't take it and sold them to a buddy of mine. If it wasn't for the finish issue they would be in the bag still no doubt about it.

I like the Bstone CB's but they aren't in any shops around me which means it's a no go. I won't buy irons without testing them first and outdoors.

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1425483925' post='11075511']
Yeah play what works and what looks good to your eye. The TM MC's feel pretty good and perform very well for me. I had the Cally Apex pro's for a little while but to be honest the wear on the face just got to me and visually threw me for a loop especially if I was facing into the sun. I literally just couldn't take it and sold them to a buddy of mine. If it wasn't for the finish issue they would be in the bag still no doubt about it.

I like the Bstone CB's but they aren't in any shops around me which means it's a no go. I won't buy irons without testing them first and outdoors.
[/quote]

Ah yes.....I remember the apex pro love! I've pondered the mc's for over a year now. Hit them multiple times indoors and out. Even without being forged, the feel is top notch and the look and overall performance are outstanding. At this level of iron it's such a nick-pick to decide between this or that brand......

Great to see the commitment by you and several others. ....I'll join the 2014 mc club really soon!

[quote name='SwooshLT' timestamp='1425485962' post='11075767']

[/quote]

Ah yes.....I remember the apex pro love! I've pondered the mc's for over a year now. Hit them multiple times indoors and out. Even without being forged, the feel is top notch and the look and overall performance are outstanding. At this level of iron it's such a nick-pick to decide between this or that brand......

Great to see the commitment by you and several others. ....I'll join the 2014 mc club really soon!
[/quote]

Yeah MC's are great performers I have no doubt you'll like them. My only complaint with them is the slots that start in the 7 iron. I wish they had kept the slot to 3-5 iron because they do feel a little different then the 8-pw. But post when you get em ! What shafts you thinking?

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1425488417' post='11076075']
[quote name='SwooshLT' timestamp='1425485962' post='11075767']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah MC's are great performers I have no doubt you'll like them. My only complaint with them is the slots that start in the 7 iron. I wish they had kept the slot to 3-5 iron because they do feel a little different then the 8-pw. But post when you get em ! What shafts you thinking?
[/quote]

Thinking stock for now with modus waiting in wings!

Went to the range yesterday and hit the Cobra / Fubuki J 60xx the best so the 70x will be a no go. It's a little soft to flex IMO but I like the heavier weight of the 70. So this leaves me with only 1 option to try and take on the Callaway DBD / Rogue 80TX combo and that's to get my shaft of choice that I have been eying up since I got back from the PGA merch show. It's on it's way to my house and I can't wait to slap a Cobra adaptor on it and have a head to head battle with my DBD. Right now as it stands the DBD / Rogue combo is more accurate without a doubt but the Cobra/ J combo is longer, in fact its stupid long. The J just fires through the ball.

So new shaft on the way updates to follow. Also have a new 3 wood coming ;)

Edel PROTO

Man I pulled the trigger on a flyz+, I got it in the mail the other day and I just don't want to hassle with testing it out. So I now have a brand new, custom ordered flyz+ on the bst, still in plastic in the box...

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

[quote name='Deuce78' timestamp='1426001510' post='11114855']
Man I pulled the trigger on a flyz+, I got it in the mail the other day and I just don't want to hassle with testing it out. So I now have a brand new, custom ordered flyz+ on the bst, still in plastic in the box...
[/quote]

I think that's a mistake my friend. The FZ+ is the best driver Cobra has ever put out. Plus I see your hitting the G30 LS which I tested and Cobra got better ball speeds. Just sayin :)

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1426003140' post='11115027'][quote name='Deuce78' timestamp='1426001510' post='11114855']
[/quote]

I think that's a mistake my friend. The FZ+ is the best driver Cobra has ever put out. Plus I see your hitting the G30 LS which I tested and Cobra got better ball speeds. Just sayin :)[/quote]

Anybody second this motion?

I was a little turned off by cobras custom department, I guess if it doesn't sell by the time I go to the launch monitor for some other testing I will try it out... but then if I like it....I'm one of those guys that really prefers to have a "matching" 3wood and driver. And I really like my g30 fairway right now....which means I like my LS tec. And cobra can't even build up the fairway to my specs...rediculous!

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1426000393' post='11114717']Went to the range yesterday and hit the Cobra / Fubuki J 60xx the best so the 70x will be a no go. It's a little soft to flex IMO but I like the heavier weight of the 70. So this leaves me with only 1 option to try and take on the Callaway DBD / Rogue 80TX combo and that's to get my shaft of choice that I have been eying up since I got back from the PGA merch show. It's on it's way to my house and I can't wait to slap a Cobra adaptor on it and have a head to head battle with my DBD. Right now as it stands the DBD / Rogue combo is more accurate without a doubt but the Cobra/ J combo is longer, in fact its stupid long. The J just fires through the ball.

So new shaft on the way updates to follow. Also have a new 3 wood coming ;)[/quote]

Sorry if I missed it but do you play the J in your 3 wood also?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I hear what ur saying about matching but anymore it doesn't matter much to me. I have a few fairway woods coming although one is on back order which SUCKS. I want to find my Grail 3 wood this year. Tired of switching.

What issue are u having with Cobra's custom department?

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1426029822' post='11117775']
I want to find my Grail 3 wood this year. Tired of switching.
[/quote]
I was on the same never-ending journey, until I was talked into picking up the SLDR Mini. I'm smitten. Have you tested one before?

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

I hear what ur saying about matching but anymore it doesn't matter much to me. I have a few fairway woods coming although one is on back order which SUCKS. I want to find my Grail 3 wood this year. Tired of switching.

[/quote]
I found mine last year. x2 hot pro is awesome from the tee and even more so from the deck. I want to try the XR pro but the x2 hot is holding down the gamer spot and isn't spooked one bit

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Tour 3 Fairway 15.0D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1426030165' post='11117841']
I want to find my Grail 3 wood this year. Tired of switching.
[/quote]
I was on the same never-ending journey, until I was talked into picking up the SLDR Mini. I'm smitten. Have you tested one before?
[/quote]

I have tried it and liked it off the tee but the deck just didnt work for me. Not enough spin. But I do know of something coming out soon that could work for me.

[quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1426035915' post='11118465']

[/quote]
I found mine last year. x2 hot pro is awesome from the tee and even more so from the deck. I want to try the XR pro but the x2 hot is holding down the gamer spot and isn't spooked one bit
[/quote]

X2hot hybrids have been amazing for me but the fairway wood just didn't stay in the bag. I tried though. Just couldn't get along with the headshape for some reason.

Edel PROTO

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM