2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Colorado WRX 2015

pseudoswede

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know you guys were all hiding in here! Who else is excited for the scores to start counting this Sunday? Playing in a scramble at Arrowhead, hopefully, on Sat then getting in the first handicapped round of the year out at GVR. Whoooo!

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='forecast6236' timestamp='1422155210' post='10812647']
Jealous of you guys who can afford a 3K plus annual membership. There are definitely a few great options around town if you can afford it. I was close to pulling the trigger on Highlands Ranch since I would get the DU alum discount - if only that course was more walkable. Wouldn't be worth it having to pay for a cart every time on top of the membership dues.

I played in the Men's Club last season at The Meadows on the West side of town. It's a decent public course. It fits my budget of costing practically nothing to be in the Men's Club.

Is anyone a member of a relatively low cost Men's Club or independent league around town? I'm looking to switch it up this year. I struggle to find good golf buddies due to busy schedules... everyone I know including me has little kids. But I would love to find a good normal group.
[/quote]

Same here! I play in the Wellshire Mens league and we have a great time out there! Just cannot afford a "real" private type club at this time, but the course is usually in good shape, nice greens, and the Club is extremely fun. Going on my 3rd year so ask me any questions you might have. Our first tourney is April 4th. www. wellshire.com

I played The Dunes a few weeks back and it was looking pretty nice for Feb. 18 holes on a windy yet really nice day. We had a blast. I am hoping the snow out at Arrowhead melts so we can get the St. Patty's Day Scramble in this Sat, and then my usual 4some of golf buddies and I are playing out a Green Valley Ranch on Sun. PUMPED!!!

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Glad to hear the weather is turning around up in Denver. Moving up the 20th and cannot wait!

Callaway Epic Flash 9* 
Callaway Epic 3W 15*
Titleist 818 H1 19* 
Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-iron 2* flat KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Srixon Z785 5-P 2*flat KBS Tour Stiff 1/4inch short
50 SM7 F Grind 2*flat KBS Tour Stiff
54, 58 SM7 M Grind  2*flat KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Studio Select Laguna 2 33' 2*flat

[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1422478506' post='10836435']

Wow. Stopped by Meridian today. They have jacked up their range membership to [b]$850[/b]/yr. with no additional benefits. :( According to the pro shop employee, they are closing the tee boxes at the opposite end of the range (where range members hit). That means range members will share the same tee boxes as regular members. So the raising of the fee is to limit (by price) the number of range members the club will have.
[/quote]

They turned it into combination social/range membership. With the limited spots it looks like they felt they had to raise prices and they tried to find some additional benefits.

The worst part is that last year family members were half off and this year they are full price.

I'm likely to do it because I really like the practice facilities but I'm guessing next year I'll move on.

Plum Creek was bought and I'm hoping they'll fix it up and have decent pass options.

It was sunny and almost 50 degrees at A-Basin on Saturday. Awesome skiing day.

Drove down on Sunday, and took my daughters to Lone Tree GC range. It was packed and still hitting off mats.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

GVR looked pretty good for this early in the season yesterday, and WOW what a beautiful day! I got burnt to a crisp and shot an 82 that "should've" been a 78 if I could get up and down. Birdied a couple par 5s, made some good long putts, overall a good start to the official golf season in Colorado. Anybody else get out this past weekend and where did you go?

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

I wish. I had tee time setup for Thurs - Sunday but Wednesday woke up with a sharp pain in my left elbow. Doc said tendonitis - was much better the next day but decided to play it safe. Going out on Wednesday and this weekend. Can't wait.

I did take my 2 1/2 year old to the range yesterday - he had a blast.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Good job waiting on elbow. I tend to push it when I get minor injuries like that and make it worse. You will thank yourself in a few weeks when the pain is gone. I played through neck issues last year and I am still trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Feeling better for the most part but that pain keeps coming back every so often.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Wanted to chime in here. If you are looking at a range pass, I would look at the Ridge as they have a pass you purchase and you get discounted tee times. I believe it is 900 dollars or so. It is pricey for just the range, but they will have discounted tee times all year for 35 bucks or so and you make it up in the rack rates.

If you are looking at a yearly pass I would look there as well as it is around 3k and it is one of the nicest courses in the Denver Metro. If someone would pay 3k for Highlands Ranch, then the Ridge is worth 5/6k. Only downside is the men's club is just horrible.

Mica

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1426692154' post='11166361']
Good job waiting on elbow. I tend to push it when I get minor injuries like that and make it worse. You will thank yourself in a few weeks when the pain is gone. I played through neck issues last year and I am still trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Feeling better for the most part but that pain keeps coming back every so often.
[/quote]

well see how it goes. going out with the wife for 9 after work today. normal day-to-day stuff is pain free....

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

[quote name='mlesser' timestamp='1426695625' post='11166739']
Wanted to chime in here. If you are looking at a range pass, I would look at the Ridge as they have a pass you purchase and you get discounted tee times. I believe it is 900 dollars or so. It is pricey for just the range, but they will have discounted tee times all year for 35 bucks or so and you make it up in the rack rates.

If you are looking at a yearly pass I would look there as well as it is around 3k and it is one of the nicest courses in the Denver Metro. If someone would pay 3k for Highlands Ranch, then the Ridge is worth 5/6k. Only downside is the men's club is just horrible.

Mica
[/quote]

the ridge also has a good twighlight membership.

Titileist 913 d2 driver 10.5 regular
Titleist 913 15 3 wood rip phenom stiff
Taylormade rbz stage 2 tour 3, 4 hybrid
Titileist 714 ap2 irons 5-pw ctaper 120
Taylormade atv weges 52,56
mizuno beteinardi co3h

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1426103789' post='11123275']
[quote name='forecast6236' timestamp='1422155210' post='10812647']
Jealous of you guys who can afford a 3K plus annual membership. There are definitely a few great options around town if you can afford it. I was close to pulling the trigger on Highlands Ranch since I would get the DU alum discount - if only that course was more walkable. Wouldn't be worth it having to pay for a cart every time on top of the membership dues.

I played in the Men's Club last season at The Meadows on the West side of town. It's a decent public course. It fits my budget of costing practically nothing to be in the Men's Club.

Is anyone a member of a relatively low cost Men's Club or independent league around town? I'm looking to switch it up this year. I struggle to find good golf buddies due to busy schedules... everyone I know including me has little kids. But I would love to find a good normal group.
[/quote]

Same here! I play in the Wellshire Mens league and we have a great time out there! Just cannot afford a "real" private type club at this time, but the course is usually in good shape, nice greens, and the Club is extremely fun. Going on my 3rd year so ask me any questions you might have. Our first tourney is April 4th. www. wellshire.com

I played The Dunes a few weeks back and it was looking pretty nice for Feb. 18 holes on a windy yet really nice day. We had a blast. I am hoping the snow out at Arrowhead melts so we can get the St. Patty's Day Scramble in this Sat, and then my usual 4some of golf buddies and I are playing out a Green Valley Ranch on Sun. PUMPED!!!
[/quote]

So how does one get involved in that Wellshire league??? I've heard good things.

[quote name='pleepers303' timestamp='1426722144' post='11169525']
So how does one get involved in that Wellshire league??? I've heard good things.
[/quote]

Go visit their website? :)

http://www.wellshire.com/

[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1426729461' post='11170365']
[/quote]

[url="http://www.wellshire.com/"]http://www.wellshire.com/[/url]
[/quote]
And just sign up? I was under the impression you had to know someone and then be placed in a sub group based on your handicap..?

[quote name='pleepers303' timestamp='1426740987' post='11171343']
I was under the impression you had to know someone and then be placed in a sub group based on your handicap..?
[/quote]

If that were the case, then I don't think they'd let you just sign-up on their website and give them money. This is a men's club on a public golf course, not Bushwood. :D

[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1426729461' post='11170365']
[/quote]

[url="http://www.wellshire.com/"]http://www.wellshire.com/[/url]
[/quote]
And just sign up? I was under the impression you had to know someone and then be placed in a sub group based on your handicap..?
[/quote]

Pretty much... just sign up and show up at the first event. Well, make sure you pay for events before you show up too.

[quote name='coloradogolfer632' timestamp='1426719490' post='11169269']
[quote name='mlesser' timestamp='1426695625' post='11166739']

Mica
[/quote]

the ridge also has a good twighlight membership.
[/quote]

That is a solid deal

[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1426773643' post='11172583']
I was under the impression you had to know someone and then be placed in a sub group based on your handicap..?
[/quote]

If that were the case, then I don't think they'd let you just sign-up on their website and give them money. This is a men's club on a public golf course, not Bushwood. :D
[/quote]

Gotcha...In that case I'll default to:

"[color=#000000]I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."[/color][color=#000000]
-[url="http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/groucho_marx.html"]Groucho Marx[/url][/color][color=#000000]
;)[color=#222222] [/color][/color]

The weather and grounds should be nice this upcoming weekend.

Instead, I'm going for one last hurrah up in Summit County.

Have fun!

FRGC has finalized the schedule, and it's posted on their website--except the TBD should be be...
[size=3]
June 28 Broadlands[/size]
[size=3]
I expect to play in 8-12 events; just depends on how my kids' gymnastics (spring) and soccer (fall) schedules pan out.[/size]

It was beautiful out there this weekend. Yesterday was a bit colder with the wind but still nice. Played 18 on Friday & Saturday and 27 (9 with the wife) yesterday.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Hey guys,

I've been posting a little in the other Rockies forum but this seems like the place to be!

My wife and I are moving to Denver at the end of June (from FL) and I was just trying to gather some opinions and info about where to live and where to play. In the interest of keeping this short, it looks like we are going to be moving towards the Southeast part of town, maybe the Lowry/Centennial/Parker areas (sorry in advance if that doesn't look too sensible, don't know the geography too well), and was wondering whether or not it would be worth it to join Commonground or GVR.

Reason being is that work is going to keep me busy, but I love spending those after work hours at the range or just playing a few holes here and there. I posted that in the other thread, but if anyone else would like to chime in, that would be much appreciated.

Also, I saw someone is a realtor in here, so that could be of help too.

Thanks in advance everyone, I hope to be teeing it up with a lot of you in the next few months!

AV: I help where I can. I live in Parker. Parker has 4 private courses Black Bear, The Pinery, Pradera and Colorado Golf Club with varying membership options. I'm currently a member of Club Corp (Black Bear and Blackstone in Aurora) and so far like it. Both courses are very close and accessible. However, while I like the feel and look of Black Bear their practice area is limited. Black Stone has a better practice facility in my opinion.

GVR is a very nice track. The Colorado Open (I think) is held here annually. It's a bit of a hike from Parker though (~35 mins)

I've never played Common Ground but have heard nothing but good things about it.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

[quote name='av1084' timestamp='1427744566' post='11247111']
My wife and I are moving to Denver at the end of June (from FL) and I was just trying to gather some opinions and info about where to live and where to play. In the interest of keeping this short, it looks like we are going to be moving towards the Southeast part of town, maybe the Lowry/Centennial/Parker areas (sorry in advance if that doesn't look too sensible, don't know the geography too well), and was wondering whether or not it would be worth it to join Commonground or GVR.
[/quote]

If you do move to the Lowry area, then Commonground, Park Hill, and GVR will be your best bets.

If you move to the Centennial/Parker area, then Club Corp would most likely be your best bet. The only other options would be Family Sports (just for the range*) or Lone Tree Golf Club.

* - I am a fan of their 9-hole golf course because it can be played quickly--if there is no one in front of you, which can be very rare.

[quote name='masamitsu' timestamp='1427899626' post='11260815']
AV: I help where I can. I live in Parker. Parker has 4 private courses Black Bear, The Pinery, Pradera and Colorado Golf Club with varying membership options. I'm currently a member of Club Corp (Black Bear and Blackstone in Aurora) and so far like it. Both courses are very close and accessible. However, while I like the feel and look of Black Bear their practice area is limited. Black Stone has a better practice facility in my opinion.

GVR is a very nice track. The Colorado Open (I think) is held here annually. It's a bit of a hike from Parker though (~35 mins)

I've never played Common Ground but have heard nothing but good things about it.
[/quote]

AV: Common Ground is a very good course. It was redesigned by Tom Doak. A lot of the state's top ams play out of there. If you end up in the Lowry/Stapleton area, Common Ground will be your home course. GVR is a little bit of a drive from the areas you mentioned.

Feel free to PM me if you would like. Born and raised here and I'm a Realtor, so I know the Denver area really well.

Just found out I'm moving from Littleton to Parker.

Has anybody played in the Saddlerock/Murphy Creek men's club? I've heard it's a shared men's club and they rotate events. Also does Black Bear have a men's club that isn't part of the annual membership? I'm sure whatever the dues are for annual membership are too much.