Veylix Rome versus Arcane

rtraudt

I took the Rome out with the Bio Cell plus and the Arcane with the ZL Encore and I am so far liking the Arcane better. It's in a different head but I am fading it a little more than I like with the Rome. Arcane I have just a little draw or fade depending on my swing and Mob is right in regards to its dispersion. I do not find the Rome low launch at all and I hit some knuckle balls with it today that was a ball flight I have never seen. I will have to spend some more time with the Rome but it feels excellent. Veylix has me really impressed right now.

Cobra Speedzone 9.0 Tour AD-GP 6x
Cobra Radspeed Big Tour 14.5 Tour AD-TP 7X 
Cobra Speedzone Tour 17.5 Tour AD-HD 8x
Tee CB Pro U 21 Tour AD DI 95x
Cobra King Forged Irons 5-G Nippon Modus 130 S
Cobra King Versatile 56* 60* Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
Kingston KP001 GSS

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took the Rome out with the Bio Cell plus and the Arcane with the ZL Encore and I am so far liking the Arcane better. It's in a different head but I am fading it a little more than I like with the Rome. Arcane I have just a little draw or fade depending on my swing and Mob is right in regards to its dispersion. I do not find the Rome low launch at all and I hit some knuckle balls with it today that was a ball flight I have never seen. I will have to spend some more time with the Rome but it feels excellent. Veylix has me really impressed right now.

Cobra Speedzone 9.0 Tour AD-GP 6x
Cobra Radspeed Big Tour 14.5 Tour AD-TP 7X 
Cobra Speedzone Tour 17.5 Tour AD-HD 8x
Tee CB Pro U 21 Tour AD DI 95x
Cobra King Forged Irons 5-G Nippon Modus 130 S
Cobra King Versatile 56* 60* Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
Kingston KP001 GSS

[quote name='Mob' timestamp='1429462735' post='11392067']
Played the Arcane a couple more times and I am really impressed with this shaft. I am hitting more fairways than last year, using the same BC+ head. This shaft has great feel, nice control, mid-high ball flight, with mid spin. Distance is unclear at this point as it is early in the season and fairways are wet with no roll, but I suspect it will be equivalent to most other shafts I play. The big key here, besides great feel, is dispersion. My misses were much closer to the fairway, and the side spin seemed less. The only issue I have now, is that I also have a Rogue 125msi that I am hitting equally as well. How to choose?
[/quote]
Do you find a higher launch with Arcane vs the Rogue ?

Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
Yamada Shogun

Played the Arcane a couple more times and I am really impressed with this shaft. I am hitting more fairways than last year, using the same BC+ head. This shaft has great feel, nice control, mid-high ball flight, with mid spin. Distance is unclear at this point as it is early in the season and fairways are wet with no roll, but I suspect it will be equivalent to most other shafts I play. The big key here, besides great feel, is dispersion. My misses were much closer to the fairway, and the side spin seemed less. The only issue I have now, is that I also have a Rogue 125msi that I am hitting equally as well. How to choose?
[/quote]

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1429512892' post='11396107']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Rogue had a slightly lower ball flight than the Arcane.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

[/quote]
[/quote]

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)

[quote name='Mob' timestamp='1429524260' post='11396273']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I must admit I thought that would be the case .
You and I have very similar swing speeds . I also hover between 100 - 105 .
I have tried the Rogue silver but it was the 110 MSI not the 125 MSI . I liked it but realise that there's going to be considerable differences between them . Unfortunately for me there's nowhere here in Sydney that I can try the Rogue 125 MSI !
My fitter has however just received all his samples of Veylix's shafts so I'm definitely going to get the opportunity to try out the Arcane on the course in my Cobra Fly Z .
I must admit that a higher launch with greater carry is of more interest to me .
My fitter also has a couple of Bio Cell + heads in his workshop so I'll give them a run also .
Thanks for your feedback Mate , I'll look forward to hearing more updates from you .

Yamada Shogun

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I must admit I thought that would be the case .
You and I have very similar swing speeds . I also hover between 100 - 105 .
I have tried the Rogue silver but it was the 110 MSI not the 125 MSI . I liked it but realise that there's going to be considerable differences between them . Unfortunately for me there's nowhere here in Sydney that I can try the Rogue 125 MSI !
My fitter has however just received all his samples of Veylix's shafts so I'm definitely going to get the opportunity to try out the Arcane on the course in my Cobra Fly Z .
I must admit that a higher launch with greater carry is of more interest to me .
My fitter also has a couple of Bio Cell + heads in his workshop so I'll give them a run also .
Thanks for your feedback Mate , I'll look forward to hearing more updates from you .

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='trhode' timestamp='1429526977' post='11396343']
Very underrated shafts! They are a victim of their own lack of marketing though. Every time I place an order I tell them to PLEASE update their website at least.
[/quote]
I can't wait to try them !

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='trhode' timestamp='1429526977' post='11396343']
Very underrated shafts! They are a victim of their own lack of marketing though. Every time I place an order I tell them to PLEASE update their website at least.
[/quote]
I can't wait to try them !

Yamada Shogun

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hey Mob , what are the Rome hybrid shafts like ?
Would also be keen to hear how you like the Rome in your FW .
Do you think an Arcane could work in a FW also ?

Yamada Shogun

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yamada Shogun

The Rome 988 hybrid shafts pretty much play like the 688 wood shafts. They have a fade bias. Mob was over drawing his hybrids pretty regularly with the stock Ping shafts. Now, this weekend anyway, with the Veylix hybrid shafts he was leaving them slightly left (he is left handed). He is playing a Ping Anser head @ 2* open, so we will bend them a little shut.

They now make the Arcane shaft in heavier weights, 78g & 88g, and with the slightly higher launch that the Rome, they would make great Fairway wood shafts. I'd like to see them finish off the Arcane series with a hybrid version as well. They just released an iron version of the Arcane in the Wildeye finish and Silver finish. I'd also like to see a heavier Alpina shaft to finish out that series too.

The Rome 988 hybrid shafts pretty much play like the 688 wood shafts. They have a fade bias. Mob was over drawing his hybrids pretty regularly with the stock Ping shafts. Now, this weekend anyway, with the Veylix hybrid shafts he was leaving them slightly left (he is left handed). He is playing a Ping Anser head @ 2* open, so we will bend them a little shut.

They now make the Arcane shaft in heavier weights, 78g & 88g, and with the slightly higher launch that the Rome, they would make great Fairway wood shafts. I'd like to see them finish off the Arcane series with a hybrid version as well. They just released an iron version of the Arcane in the Wildeye finish and Silver finish. I'd also like to see a heavier Alpina shaft to finish out that series too.

[quote name='trhode' timestamp='1429529459' post='11396425']

[/quote]
I've got a good stock fade already so the Rome hybrid's out for me !
Love the idea of Arcane in my driver and FW .
I also love the idea of an Arcane hybrid as well .
Thanks for the great feedback Mate .

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='trhode' timestamp='1429529459' post='11396425']

[/quote]
I've got a good stock fade already so the Rome hybrid's out for me !
Love the idea of Arcane in my driver and FW .
I also love the idea of an Arcane hybrid as well .
Thanks for the great feedback Mate .

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1429528015' post='11396375']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I have a Rome 988 in a Ping G30 hybrid and really like it. I can move it both ways and it's really smooth through impact.

[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1429528015' post='11396375']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I have a Rome 988 in a Ping G30 hybrid and really like it. I can move it both ways and it's really smooth through impact.

I agree with trhode and Thunder Dan. Veylix makes great shafts, it's a shame that so few people know about them. I believe if more people were fit into the right one of the Veylix choices, a majority would choose them over their current shafts. Hard to build a presence with just word of mouth; they really need to market and get these shafts into the pros hands.

LEFT HANDED

I agree with trhode and Thunder Dan. Veylix makes great shafts, it's a shame that so few people know about them. I believe if more people were fit into the right one of the Veylix choices, a majority would choose them over their current shafts. Hard to build a presence with just word of mouth; they really need to market and get these shafts into the pros hands.

LEFT HANDED

[quote name='Mob' timestamp='1429534827' post='11396747']
[/quote]
I agree wholeheartedly!
I'm really looking forward to trying these out .
Have you tried any Graphite Design shafts ?
Do they possess the same smooth qualities as the Tour ADs ?

Yamada Shogun

[/quote]
I agree wholeheartedly!

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1429535217' post='11396789']
[/quote]
I agree wholeheartedly!
[/quote]
Yes, I have played GD in the past. Great, smooth feel with higher ball flight. My problem with GD was lack of consistency and wide dispersion. That seems to be a common finding in a fair number of GD users. Veylix shafts have the GD feel, but with a tighter dispersion. It will be very important to get fit into the right one, or it may not be optimal for you.

LEFT HANDED

[/quote]
I agree wholeheartedly!
[/quote]
Yes, I have played GD in the past. Great, smooth feel with higher ball flight. My problem with GD was lack of consistency and wide dispersion. That seems to be a common finding in a fair number of GD users. Veylix shafts have the GD feel, but with a tighter dispersion. It will be very important to get fit into the right one, or it may not be optimal for you.

LEFT HANDED

[quote name='Mob' timestamp='1429535497' post='11396821']
[/quote]
I agree wholeheartedly!
[/quote]
[/quote]
GD feel with better dispersion , this is gonna cost me plenty but I'm positive it'll be worth it !

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='Mob' timestamp='1429535497' post='11396821']
[/quote]
I agree wholeheartedly!
[/quote]
[/quote]
GD feel with better dispersion , this is gonna cost me plenty but I'm positive it'll be worth it !

Yamada Shogun

Let us know what you think. I am starting to as how important shaft weight, length, and bend profile are in choosing the best shaft for my swing. It has taken a fair amount of tinkering on flightscope with trhode, but I am starting to feel confident that I have the right equipment. Now when I miss, I know it is a bad swing and not an equipment issue. I am starting the process with the irons to make sure I have the best shaft for my swing in those as well. Looks like it is narrowed down to Recoil Prototypes 110, Accra Tour 90, and going to try the Arcane iron shafts now that I know it is an option. Shafts that didn't work for me: Steelfibers, Aldila Rip Tour 115, Accra 110 (I was surprised that the 90 was a better match, wasn't expecting this). Also going to try the MCI's when they arrive.

LEFT HANDED

Let us know what you think. I am starting to as how important shaft weight, length, and bend profile are in choosing the best shaft for my swing. It has taken a fair amount of tinkering on flightscope with trhode, but I am starting to feel confident that I have the right equipment. Now when I miss, I know it is a bad swing and not an equipment issue. I am starting the process with the irons to make sure I have the best shaft for my swing in those as well. Looks like it is narrowed down to Recoil Prototypes 110, Accra Tour 90, and going to try the Arcane iron shafts now that I know it is an option. Shafts that didn't work for me: Steelfibers, Aldila Rip Tour 115, Accra 110 (I was surprised that the 90 was a better match, wasn't expecting this). Also going to try the MCI's when they arrive.

LEFT HANDED