What shafts?

2»

Comments

• M-GrindM-Grind Representing The UK! Jr. Boomers  346WRX Points: 0Posts: 346
    nuffy12 wrote on Jan 4 2008, 09:33 PM:
    S300's in my MP-60s, theyre sweet.

S300 in my 904f, sweet

Graffaloy Blue in 983k not sweet im not a fan, i just feel its hard to load and not active at all. Its hard to get it up in the air and just feels like a lamp post. But thats just my opinion, some may like this shaft but i struggle with it. Hoping to get rid of it soon with christmas money.

Nathan

You got the Reg or Stiff?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SHEROSHERO SHERO Jr. Boomers  727WRX Points: 0Posts: 727
    VS Proto in Driver and in a few days hybrid

stock in 3 wood

dg lite in 5 wood

Nippon 950 gh in irons SST pured

will pure my driver one of these days
    Posted:
  • nuffy12nuffy12 Jr. Boomers  150WRX Points: 55Posts: 150 Fairways
    I have a stiff graffaloy blue plays at 44" in a titleist bore through.
    Posted:
    nuffy12 wrote on Jan 5 2008, 02:08 PM:
    I have a stiff graffaloy blue plays at 44" in a titleist bore through.

****!

That's about the equilvalent of a XX in any other shaft!
    Posted:
  • emcemc Jr. Boomers  987WRX Points: 0Posts: 987
    I have Graf Blue S tipped in a bore thru in my driver, normal stiff flex 3 wood cut down an inch, S300 in my hybrid, R300s in my irons and S400s in my wedges, very mixed shafts but I like it like that, rarely do I hit a flat out iron shot so like the softer feel of the R300s. Gonna switch driver to a V2 soon tho
    Posted:
    emc wrote on Jan 5 2008, 04:28 PM:
    I have Graf Blue S tipped in a bore thru in my driver, normal stiff flex 3 wood cut down an inch, S300 in my hybrid, R300s in my irons and S400s in my wedges, very mixed shafts but I like it like that, rarely do I hit a flat out iron shot so like the softer feel of the R300s. Gonna switch driver to a V2 soon tho

Hey emc!

Long time no speak mate,

Hope everything is well image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />

Any reason for the V2 in the driver? That shaft just balloned for me.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • emcemc Jr. Boomers  987WRX Points: 0Posts: 987
    I swung it and it felt really solid for me, prob gonna with the HL version now, get a little more lift off the tee. BTW, PM me your MSN there
    Posted:
  • Ryan_LessRyan_Less Ryan Less* Jr. Boomers  504WRX Points: 0Posts: 504
    I use an X flex proforce v2 72 g
    Posted:
  • JuniorFinnJuniorFinn JuniorFinn Members  224WRX Points: 0Posts: 224
    I just changed accuflex evolution s-flex in to my driver and it feels great! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
  • projamieprojamie 2 iron in the MBs? Could have alot of fun with that... Members  812WRX Points: 0Posts: 812
    Grafalloy Blue in the Driver, Diamana Blueboard in the 3 wood, Aldila Prototype in the hybrid, Dynamic golds in the irons.
    Posted:
  • woodsy416woodsy416 Members  4WRX Points: 0Posts: 4
    the Diamana Blueboard is a fantastic shaft the next best probably being the V2 or the Speeder

Fujikara makes an underrated shaft
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • mizzybrotitleistmizzybrotitleist Members  2WRX Points: 0Posts: 2
    I have the v2 in my driver, and although being known for a low launching shaft, i get an ample amount of hieght in my 3 wood and 5 wood. My driver (907d2) was going to high in the 9.5 loft, so i went to an 8.5 and its really hot.

I would reccomend the v2 for wood shafts.

I have s300's in my irons, and I looked at rifles, but I didn't want to buy a set of them without hitting them first. It knew what i was getting with dgs.

v2=great shaft. just great.
    Posted:
  • RobBrown4891RobBrown4891 Members  101WRX Points: 0Posts: 101
    DaveyH wrote on Jan 1 2008, 01:05 AM:
    i think ill just find a local club pro whos fairly knowledgeable!!

I reshafted my old ft3 and that was a huge pain.

I luv mine too but i just got last years nike sumo sqaure brand new for free! so i am gonna reshaft it but in something differ a lighter stiffer one anyone have any ideas?

thanks
    Posted:
  • CERILLICERILLI Members  64WRX Points: 0Posts: 64
    I have an Accra XC 75 in my ping Rapture. the **** thing is a tank! my irons are project x 6.o and they fit me perfectly. i just bought black s400 shafts for my wedges from bombsquadgolf.com i love the way they look. but i love my accra xc75 and so does luke donald
    Posted:
  • Range-Rat Range-Rat Jr. Boomers  587WRX Points: 0Posts: 587
    I play a NVS in my 905R, but i want a proto by you image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
    Posted:
  • projamieprojamie 2 iron in the MBs? Could have alot of fun with that... Members  812WRX Points: 0Posts: 812
    Wow mike, just seen what i posted like 6 months ago, cant believe how much its changed since then lol...

Update:

Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Whiteboard tipped 1" in Driver

Aldila VS proto in 3 wood

X100 in 5 wood

X100s tipped 1/4" in irons

X100s hardstepped in wedges

Will probably update again soon lol
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • woodmontwoodmont Marietta, GA 92WRX Points: 50Posts: 92 Bunkers
    I have some I10 irons with the stock AWS stiff shafts but I find that these shafts aren't really working for me because they are too flexy and the clubhead lags too far behind my hands and so the ball squirts off and flies to high. So my question is really what would be a good shaft for me? Actually come to think about it I have this problem with my woods as well, if possible could anyone help point me in the right direction in the way of shafts without having to spend a fortune?
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    9.5deg Titleist 913 D3/Tour AD DI 7X
    15 Titleist 906f2/MR Diamana Blue 103x
    21deg Adams A12 Pro black/Matrix Ozik
    4-PWCallaway RazrX MB/KBS C taper Xstiff
    Vokey SM4 51, 56, 60/DG X100
    Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"
  • craftycrafty Members  86WRX Points: 0Posts: 86
    littleprov1x wrote on Jan 4 2008, 03:47 PM:
    for all of you I'm reading about switching to PX shafts I have a word of warning: get tested for them first. If you play dg s300 you probably only need a 5.0 PX, 5.5 max. The way the shafts are measured is a little different and they usually play about 1/2 flex firmer than labled.

For reference, the DGS300 measures about a 5.8 on the rifle scale.

As for my shaft, this is my current setup:

Driver- VS Proto 65

3 Wood- NV75

Hybrid- NV85

Irons- DGS300

Wedges- DG S200
    Posted:
  • SamsquanchSamsquanch Lefty Boomers  1568WRX Points: 126Handicap: + 2Posts: 1,568 Platinum Tees
    I have a Blueboard in the driver, VS Proto's in fairway woods, Tour Flighted Rifles in my irons and wedges.
    Posted:
  • jcrewjcrew Members  457WRX Points: 0Posts: 457
    I have the 65 nv in both my drivers. It plays a lot stiffer in my 905r so I usually use that. Feel is great and the flight is pretty good. Nice mid-high and relatively flat but I still don't get much roll =/

I'm about to get a 906 f4 with a vs proto.

s300's in my mizzys. Pretty satisfied with them. rifle lites in my macgregors
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.