2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Nike VR Tour and SRT8-Fit Tour

G.Review

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this driver towards the end of last season and I really regret selling it. It looks superb behind the ball, the compression channel really helped the low on the face strikes to really pop off the face. It was amongst the longest, most playable driver I've had the pleasure of using. It had the stock Project x 6.0 shaft fitted and although it felt slightly soft to flex, especially in the tip section it worked well enough not to warrent changing. The graphite looking weight at the back came off the club and I had to replace it with lead tape which kept coming off mid round, this was the only reason I parted ways with this superb little stick. I will defenetly be on the hunt for another one in the very near future, this along with the Mizuno MP630 were in my opinion the best sub 460cc drivers of the 2010 bunch.

EDIT;- Club Spec ~ VR Tour 420cc fixed hosel ~ 9.5 degree ~ Project X 6.0 stiff shaft

I played 2 rounds with a VR str8 fit with a voodoo xshaft. Although not the 420cc version. I was most impressed with the results. I was in a few places on a course that I play almost once a month that I have not been before. Long high boring ball flight. Bare in mind that I was not hitting the tour version. Looks and sound are not the greatest but I can't argue with results. I drove the ball well yesterday with my normal gamer but just did not hit any big drives. Nike Vr is going back in the bag.

Titleist 915 D2
Titleist 915 F
Titliest 915 2 hybrid, RBZ 4 hybrid
Titleist AP2 714 4-9iron
Nike Method model 001
Vokey 48, 52, 60

I gave the VR Tour a 5 in the poll. This is for the VR Tour, NOT the Str8Fit. The VR Tour, thus far, is the only driver that has kept the 9015d on the sidelines. There is always a great driver lurking out there to replace my favorite, but when looking for distance, I have not found one yet that goes further than the VR Tour. It is the total package, distance, feel, sound, accuracy. Mine has the Project X 5.5, which I find to be perfect for my 103 (most recent ave) swingspeed.

TSr 2, 11 driver, Tensei Blue, 55r

TSi 2, 16.5 fairway wood, Tensei Blue, 65r

Aerojet, 21 fairway wood, Kai’li Blue, 65r
Qi10 22 hybrid, Ventus Blue, 65r
AP3, 5-48* - Steelfiber i95 r
Vokey SM9 - 52, 56, KBS Tour lite
Evnroll ER2,  33"

I love my Vr Tour 6.0 . The longest driver i ever had , but my misses are of the toe and i would lose a lot of yards im talking 15- 20! So i will be trying out my 910 D3 when the snow goes away.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

the Nike VR tour 9.5 with oban devotion07x is the only reason i switched from titlsist drivers. ive always hit titleist drivers and this one was love at 1st site. i will def not be switching and or hitting anything else this season best driver ive ever hit

TM SIM2 MAX Fuji Black Ventus Velocore 7x
Cally Apex Hybrid 20* AD DI 95x
Tour issue Adams DHY 18 PX 6.5 steel
Cally Apex Tour issue S400
Cg12 50, Cally MD forged 54*/58*
Seemore DB4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nike VR Tour 8.5 with an Orig. Blueboard 73S, got on the monitor and wholly cow!!! A straight up bomber-very very very easy to control with amazing flight-feel, look, and sound. At 150 I couldn't pass up the opportunity- took it home and played 18 late today-being in Miami sun goes down circa 745 so i have plenty of sun. The monitor carried right over unto the course what a beauty, easy to work incredibly easy to swing and make purrrre contactpartytime2.gif

Callaway Epic LS 9* MMT 70s
Taylormade SIM2 Ti 5W Evenflow Riptide X

Taylormade SIM2 4H Ventus S
New Level 902 5-P TTx100 SS
Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58* TTs400
Evenroll EV-2
Bridgestone B-X
Vessel

• 3 weeks later...

Was very hesitant to get a driver that was more than 410cc. Had heard good things about the Vr Tour and figured it was worth trying out. I have the 10.5 matched to an Ozik XCon-7 shaft. It was said that the head produces a lower ball flight so I got a higher loft and a shaft that would raise the ball flight higher. I only hit the driver four times the last time I played. The first time, the ball came off the face really fast. The overall weight of the club was nice and effortless. The ball flight was lower than I was accustomed to. The results were great-long and straight. And that was the FIRST time I had ever hit it. No range session at all. The second time I hit it, I played that there would be a horrible hook or slice cause that first one had to be a fluke. Same result, straight with a slight draw. You know how long I've wanted to hit that shot consistently? Same happened the third time I hit it. The fourth time, I forced myself to hit it a little right and it went right where I aimed.
After a full round I'll come back and edit my post. Right now, the head shape is a tad off as I love my Ignite 410 shape. I can deal with it though as it's not a deal breaker. Will just take some getting used to which will be really easy with results like these. Also, I'm a decently high ball hitter. I'm not used to hitting the ball that low. I'll have to put in some range time to see what my problem is. Normally a 10.5 head would have me hitting straight up into the air with a huge loss of distance. Maybe I need to go from an x-stiff shaft to a stiff. We'll see...

Nike Vr Pro Limited 8* w/Matrix Black Tie 6m3
Nike Vr Pro Limited 15* w/Matrix Black Tie 7m3
Nike Vr TW Blades w/TT X100
Nike Vr Pro 54/58 w/S400
Nike Method Matter B1-07

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='MG 1977' timestamp='1295788849' post='2917263']
I had this driver towards the end of last season and I really regret selling it. It looks superb behind the ball, the compression channel really helped the low on the face strikes to really pop off the face. It was amongst the longest, most playable driver I've had the pleasure of using. It had the stock Project x 6.0 shaft fitted and although it felt slightly soft to flex, especially in the tip section it worked well enough not to warrent changing. The graphite looking weight at the back came off the club and I had to replace it with lead tape which kept coming off mid round, this was the only reason I parted ways with this superb little stick. I will defenetly be on the hunt for another one in the very near future, this along with the Mizuno MP630 were in my opinion the best sub 460cc drivers of the 2010 bunch.

EDIT;- Club Spec ~ VR Tour 420cc fixed hosel ~ 9.5 degree ~ Project X 6.0 stiff shaft
[/quote] Do you think the MP 630 is better than the VR Tour or STR8 fit driver?

[quote name='homergolf' timestamp='1295791395' post='2917346']
I gave the VR Tour a 5 in the poll. This is for the VR Tour, NOT the Str8Fit. The VR Tour, thus far, is the only driver that has kept the 9015d on the sidelines. There is always a great driver lurking out there to replace my favorite, but when looking for distance, I have not found one yet that goes further than the VR Tour. It is the total package, distance, feel, sound, accuracy. Mine has the Project X 5.5, which I find to be perfect for my 103 (most recent ave) swingspeed.
[/quote] Does the str8 fit spin more than the glued tour head?

[quote name='georgec' timestamp='1295794475' post='2917487']
I love my Vr Tour 6.0 . The longest driver i ever had , but my misses are of the toe and i would lose a lot of yards im talking 15- 20! So i will be trying out my 910 D3 when the snow goes away.
[/quote] The tour is 420cc. Maybe you should try the str8fit. Its 440cc and a little more forgiving.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know how much one can adjust the lie angle? Love the look but the 10.5 shows lie angle of 60 which would be unplayable for me. Would like to play it at 58.
Thanks

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

I have,and I use both. I have the tour in the 8.5 for windy days,and the str 8 fit 9.5 for calm days. To me they are the same club,one is adjustable,and other is not. The tour is standard 2 degree open,and the str 8 fit can be set to anything. Overall I would say the tour is better,just because you don't have to wrench off head,and change it if your wanting to shape a shot to the desired degree.

In the poll, I gave a 5 to the str8-fit version of this club. The name "tour" can be deceiving because this club is very forgiving even for a 15 handicap. I've tried all the lightweight drivers from Cleveland, Adams, and TaylorMade. My previous driver was the original Callaway Diablo. I have always played a slight fade but after adjusting the str8-fit to 1 degree closed and 1 degree flat, I was hitting it long with a slight draw.

Ben Hogan GS53 9* with UST Helium stiff  & Ben Hogan GS53 16* with UST Helium stiff

Titleist 816 H2 21* with stiff flex Diamana S+ Blue 70  

Ping G400 irons 5-AW with steel AWT shafts

Callaway MD4 Wide sole wedges 54* & 58*

Seemore Nashville One Studio Series

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm between drivers...been playing the R9 since last year. I hit it fine but the club has never looked or felt quite right. Tried the vr pro at a demo day at my club...I love it. To me a good driver is all about looks st address and feel. This driver is old school at address which I love, so many drivers have great technology but look retarded to me at address which hurts my game. Not this bad boy...awesome.

I was a bit hesitant to buy this driver at first, after that yellow square mess I had a few years back. I've had various drivers, from a TM Quad, Titliest 905 T, Ping G2, TM R5 draw and a superdeep, and I will have to say, that this driver at setup is very nice to look at. The head is a perfect shape, and it is easy to work (have the glued version).

I had the Project X shaft taken out and put in an Adilia NVS to change my ballflight and I haven't been happier. This last golf season I averaged almost 70 percent of fairways hit and constantly hit the ball 290 - 310, about 275 carry.

Great feel when you hit it pure, and sounds even better.

• 3 months later...

I have the VR Tour in a 10.5 and pulled the PX 5.5 and put in an Aldila DVS 60X-stiff and love it. When you get it on the sweet spot the ball absolutely explodes off this club face. Very forgiving for a 420cc head as well. I'm looking to buy another driver identical to this one to have as a backup.

• 2 months later...

[b]This is a review for the NIKe VR PRO but not the Limited....Background>>>Went to golf galaxy with my Taylor R9 TP 10.5 with Matrix shaft. Had 1gram in back, 16 gram in toe and 4 gram in heel. Numbers were around 172mph ball speed. 14-16 degree launch and on or around 3200 spin rate. Carry was 279-291 after hitting 11 balls. Anyway, I broke the driver. A weight snapped off in the head. After calling Taylor Made they told me to take it back to Golf Galaxy and a new R11 will be sent to replace it. However 10.5 heads are on backorder so I need a driver to hold me over. I picked up a Vr PRO 10.5 with Project-X 6.0. I didn't hit on the monitor. Went right to my home course. First of all the look is perfect. Has the Titleist pear shape which I prefer. The bottom of the club looks beautiful as well. Just a sharp looking driver. Did have a hard time figuring out the STR8 but I believe I have it set to a Neutral/flat lie to avoid a hook. ON the course I hit missiles. Medium height bombs that rolled when they landed. Can't wait to see what my angle of descent is with this. Ball will not balloon. I thought the shaft would be to weak for my swing but it was not. Great shaft! It was a cool day. 51 degree with a slight breeze and the course was wet from previous rain. Despite this I was hitting the ball further than I did on 85 degree days with no wind. I was finding myself 10-20 yards closer to the hole when I pulled out driver. On one hole in particular I topped my drive just a bit, felt pretty bad at impact but I looked up and ball was going dead straight with small fade at end. When I get out there to hit my approach I discovered I was only 15 yards behind my best drive all year on this hole. With the setup I have it's hard to hit a big hook or cut. My misses were slight draws or fades. A very straight driver in my opinion. The sound is great as well. Other Nike drivers were too loud for me but they muted this one somehow. My rating would be:
Look: 10/10
feel: 10/10
sound: 9/10
cost: 10/10 can get new for $160.00 on ebay
distance 9/10
Accuracy 8.5/10 I hit more slight draws on fades than old driver but still in play
headcover is really cool. Great color scheme with magnetic enclosure.
I do hate the STR8 system. They send you a booklet in 50 different languages on how to remove the shaft but they don't really explain the 32 settings at all. You're left guessing with a wheel. Plus the wrench could slip and scratch your shaft. Nothing beats Taylor Mades system for removing the shaft

When my new R11 comes back it may be a backup to this. I may even sell it and try the New Nike Limited. Try this driver you won't be disappointed.[/b]

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Titleist212' timestamp='1344889003' post='5463780']
Got one of these on Divot.com for $80 - couldn't be happier. Hit it just as long as my old R11.
[/quote]

I bought one for $75.00 from "Globalgolf" on ebay because I figured to lift the Project X shaft out and put it in another driver. The local golf shop wanted $165 or something for the shaft alone. I read in some related forum that Nike used the "after market" Project X and not a "made for" shaft. So it was cheap. I decided to play with it before dissecting it. It was an instant winner. Longer, straighter and easy to hit. I got a 9.5 with PX 6.0 though I normally play a 10.5 but it is still popping them out there. Two playing partners thought the $75 price was too good to pass up and now they own one each. I just bought a second from Global with a 10.5 loft for $52 and I think I'm set until the next hidden gem comes along. It is difficult to believe that these were introduced at $399 or more. They are a bargain at the price, extremely playable and good looking. I don't understand why they fell from grace with the buying public, although the introduction and timing coincided with Nike's premiere pro also falling from grace. Maybe it's not a coincidence, but who cares this club is winner!

The Chile Guy

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Vr Tour is an absolute beast.

[center][b]TaylorMade M3 440 10 [/b]- MCA Tensei Pro White 70x
[b]TaylorMade M3 15 - [/b]Fujikura P95x
[b]TaylorMade M3 18 - [/b]Fujikura P95x
[b]Mizuno MP-18 - [/b]3-PW DG X100
[b]Nike Engage 54[/b] [b]SQ - [/b]DG S400
[b]Nike Engage 60[/b] [b]DS - [/b]DG S400
[b]Scotty Cameron [/b]Studio Stainless Newport[/center]

• 1 year later...