Colorado WRX 2015

pseudoswede

[quote name='thaar' timestamp='1432218255' post='11600582']
[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1432214181' post='11600068']
Not a bad deal. $79 to play The Ridge at Castle Pines North (and a free breakfast sandwich). Weekdays between 7-8am.

[url="http://www.idealgolfer.com/deal/colorado/ridge-castle-pines-north515"]http://www.idealgolf...-pines-north515[/url]
[/quote]

Of course it doesn't include Fridays, the only day I get off every other week...grrrrrr
[/quote]

But it does look to be good for Memorial Day the 25th if you can get a time...

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1432218574' post='11600626']
Not a bad deal. $79 to play The Ridge at Castle Pines North (and a free breakfast sandwich). Weekdays between 7-8am.

[url="http://www.idealgolfer.com/deal/colorado/ridge-castle-pines-north515"]http://www.idealgolf...-pines-north515[/url]
[/quote]

Of course it doesn't include Fridays, the only day I get off every other week...grrrrrr
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hurry! One foursome left at 7:18am! Threesome available at 7:30am!

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

If I wasn't scared of my game right now, I'd be all over it, but my last two range sessions frustrated the hell out of me. I feel like a rookie all over again. Hoping I can figure it out tomorrow.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

relax, enjoy golf and have fun - the game will come back. we've all been thru it and will more than likely go thru it again (unfortunately).

I'd play but I'm heading to Orlando then MB tomorrow. 19 rounds in 10 days.. can't wait - hope my old a$$ body can handle it.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1432219869' post='11600800']
[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1432218574' post='11600626']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hurry! One foursome left at 7:18am! Threesome available at 7:30am!
[/quote]

Already playing Monday morning but someone better jump on it. The breakfast sandy makes the deal!

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

I've been doing research on GPS units as I've wanted to pick one up eventually. I've used GolfLogix on my phone, but I'm not a huge fan and think I would prefer a dedicated device. I don't want a SkyCaddie because I think the subscription fee is somewhat ridiculous. So I've been looking at the Garmin G7/8 and am curious if I would be able to use it for a Men's club. The G7/G8 has a PlaysLike distance and club selection feature to account for elevation changes that can be considered illegal for tourney play even though the features can be disabled. How serious are the Men's clubs around here?

Edel E-1

[quote name='thaar' timestamp='1432233383' post='11602710']
How serious are the Men's clubs around here?
[/quote]

I know the people in mine would probably never call someone on something like that, can't speak for the others in the area. I don't even understand why that is against the rules for us weekend hackers anyway. How many of us can actually hit to a yardage on a consistent basis? I've personally never had an issue adjusting for elevation, its the damn wind that I struggle with.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

I don't play enough to justify a rangefinder or standalone GPS unit.

I use SkyDroid on my phone, and it's great. Only $2.

My golf league has never called me on it. I'm guessing (and hope) no men's club would.

I don't think Wellshire would allow the laser with slope, but I don't think that anyone would call you on that either. The rule out there is, if you have GPS or a laser, to keep it totally fair, you just have to offer or assist the rest of the group with yardage as well if they don't have the means to do so.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

That seems fair. I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if someone made a big deal out of it and wouldn't be able to use it for a round.

Edel E-1

[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1431967055' post='11579410']
Looking forward to playing Haymaker over Memorial Day weekend. I think I finally found 12 players so that we can do the tournament rate ($75 including golf, cart, range balls, and tournament management).
[/quote]

Unfortunately, two guys bailed and we're back to 10. The good news is that they extended the early season rate another week, so we're playing for $55 walking. Boom.

11350842_902091276480839_333568553419013083_n.jpg?oh=91e0089605a72e19d0521f50161b2396&oe=55CB0C9A

Forecast doesn't look good either...2-3 more weeks with this weather pattern. We aren't used to this here, I think I'm getting weather depression! ugh

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='thaar' timestamp='1432237611' post='11603176']
Seven, do you play in the Wellshire Men's club?
[/quote]

No, the Links over in HR. Only a par 62, but I have to use every club in my bag other than fairway woods. It's only $36 to walk, and its and easy walk at that. Great group of guys with handicap ranges of 3-36. 4 flights, usually 50-60 tee it up per week. Every other Saturday with the exception of a couple 2 day events. But the single best thing about it is the Ryder Cup. It's an optional $40 to try to qualify, where you take your two best scores out of 7 qualifiers. Then the first weekend in October the top 6 gross, 16 net and 2 club pros get divided into 2 teams (we even have a pairings party that Friday night before) and you play 3 - 9 hole team matches on Saturday and one 18 hole singles match on Sunday. $75 gets you your rounds, range balls, carts both days, beer and food included.

I understand the course isn't enough for some. But it's far more challenging that it appears on paper. And the Men's club is top notch. No BS, no sandbaggers. I won like $450 in pro shop credit last year, and probably another $250 cash in skins/day money. But you do have to earn it. I had plenty of rounds where I got zilch.

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1432306507' post='11608066']
Forecast doesn't look good either...2-3 more weeks with this weather pattern. We aren't used to this here, I think I'm getting weather depression! ugh
[/quote]

I just read an article about that on 9news. It was basically saying, if you have noticed yourself being more irritable lately, it most likely does have to do with this weather. I work with a couple of guys from Seattle and they don't think anything of it. But for us golfers, it is even worse!

I enjoy the Links as long as it keeps pace. Sounds like a fun men's league.

On a different note, I thankfully figured out my terrible shank situation. I had some extreme early extension. Not sure what changed to cause it so quickly, but I'm just thankful I figured it out. I still have some slight early extension but it's enough for my hands to clear and strike the ball solid. I'm excited to play again...now we just need the weather to cooperate!

Edel E-1

Four-hour, torrential thunderstorm this afternoon up here in Steamboat Springs. Haymaker will be incredibly soggy tomorrow--if we can even play since the storms will start up again around noon according to the forecast. To hedge my bets, I also booked Monday morning tee times.

[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1432441456' post='11616890']
Four-hour, torrential thunderstorm this afternoon up here in Steamboat Springs. Haymaker will be incredibly soggy tomorrow--if we can even play since the storms will start up again around noon according to the forecast. To hedge my bets, I also booked Monday morning tee times.
[/quote]

Most of the guys didn't want to play Monday, but the golf course did have earlier tee times on Sunday, so we took those. The fairways and rough was basically one large casual water area. It rained off and on throughout our round, and it was interspersed with some sunshine. Temperatures were also hovering in the mid-40's (brr). By the time we finished 14, we saw a massive wall of rain heading towards us--fortunately, we were right beside the clubhouse and ran inside. The other two groups were on 18 and finished in the downpour.

It's a fantastic course and well worth $55. It would be definitely worth $75 if it was dry and warm.

Playing Wellshire on 5/31 with my golf league. 8am shotgun start with another tournament. Hopefully it won't take forever.

[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1432667537' post='11630138']
[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1432441456' post='11616890']
[/quote]

Most of the guys didn't want to play Monday, but the golf course did have earlier tee times on Sunday, so we took those. The fairways and rough was basically one large casual water area. It rained off and on throughout our round, and it was interspersed with some sunshine. Temperatures were also hovering in the mid-40's (brr). By the time we finished 14, we saw a massive wall of rain heading towards us--fortunately, we were right beside the clubhouse and ran inside. The other two groups were on 18 and finished in the downpour.

It's a fantastic course and well worth $55. It would be definitely worth $75 if it was dry and warm.

Playing Wellshire on 5/31 with my golf league. 8am shotgun start with another tournament. Hopefully it won't take forever.
[/quote]

I wish the Wellshire Men's League random draw two man best ball was scheduled for this Sunday instead of Saturday. Looks like sat should be rainy, but the weather could push through for us, hopefully. But Sunday appears to be beautiful in the forecast right now. Was just out there yesterday for a morning round and the course was still soggy in areas, but it's really healthy and the greens are in fantastic condition right now. I think you guys will have a fun time on Sunday!

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Do any courses do birthday specials? Fossil Trace used to years ago, but I think that ship has sailed. If not, any great deals at a nice course for a Sunday?

Edel E-1

[quote name='thaar' timestamp='1432751120' post='11637002']
Do any courses do birthday specials? Fossil Trace used to years ago, but I think that ship has sailed. If not, any great deals at a nice course for a Sunday?
[/quote]

not really. most deals will be mon-thurs and if it includes weekends it will be after 1 or 2, which never bothers me. you can sign up for the Westminster golf email and get their deals each month, or the Colo national email which says it's giving you deals but appears to just be their pricing each month or so.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Bummer. I'm also considering heading up to the mountains. I've only played Breck and Vail - I've heard Raven and Keystone were excellent. Which one would you recommend playing? Any others I should consider up there? I'll be doing a day trip, so it has to be a reasonable drive.

Edel E-1

[quote name='thaar' timestamp='1432752460' post='11637168']Bummer. I'm also considering heading up to the mountains. I've only played Breck and Vail - I've heard Raven and Keystone were excellent. Which one would you recommend playing? Any others I should consider up there? I'll be doing a day trip, so it has to be a reasonable drive.[/quote]

My in laws work at the Raven. Beautiful course but pricey. May be still early enough that the course is in rough condition or at least it was this time last year.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4