Cota0429 WITB

More pics to come... but here is a thread on my recent putters:

http://www.golfwrx.c...n-tw-pic-heavy/

UPDATE 11.14.15

Initial thoughts:

When the 716 line came out I really thought I was going to venture off and get the newer set of AP2s. I have been really happy with my set of 714's and consider them the 2nd best set of 2014 right behind the RSI TP. Until I looked at some of the initial data with the 716 lines and noticed some players had an increase of launch and spin in the long irons with the CBs. With the added forgiveness I thought I would give them a shot. Didn't demo them really any longer than a few swings in store. The point I am at with my game now is I didn't want to sacrifice any forgiveness in the long irons but wanted something a little a little more workable in the short irons. Out of the box and in the bag I thought initially they looked a little boring, but at address they are carved out well. Then it dawned on me my favorite set of blades were the 681s and these reminded me of them at address. Here are some pics vs the 714 AP2

I felt like I was going to already replace the 4 iron. It seemed the 4 iron was smaller than the AP2 but the 5, 6 irons seemed a little smaller in size but not by very minuscule. I was already thinking 4 iron T-MB.

Then I had my first range session with them. Again my main concern is the forgiveness in the long irons and I was taking a chance vs the AP2. After my first range session with them all I can say is with the changes to the CB they seem to be as forgiving in the long irons but with even more launch and spin. Not sure if they launch is due to the AMT shafts or not but I was really impressed and hit a series of shot where I kind of chuckled to myself and thought wow they did a great job with this club. I was hitting into a stiff headwind so it was hard to judge distance (range balls) but so far I like what I see and will try and play Monday to see how they react on the course ect. They have the leading edge grind down so I want to see how they react through the turf. So f<script id="gpt-impl-0.5299479848289732" src="https://securepubads.g.doubleclick.net/gpt/pubads_impl_121.js"></script>ar so good, excellent job by Titleist. Side note I am usually a 2* flat kind of guy and these seem like they came flat out of the box. I wouldn't be surprised if the lofts and lies are off due to quality control. Looking forward to testing more, but all things point to a club that feels soft at impact, just as forgiving as the AP2 but with a higher ball flight and more spin. A win win for me.

UPDATE 11.7.15

So it is official. D4 is in the bag until something can kick it out. I have never had a head shaft combo that launched like this with the perfect amount of spin. I officially sold the TW driver. It was consistently 10-15 yards farther. The TW was more accurate though but I am always looking for the extra few yards. I toyed with the possibility of Mizuno MP25/5 combo set. Mixed reviews on that and made a couple offers on BST but after thinking about it and hitting some of the new stuff indoors, I am on the hunt for 716 T-MB / CB combo set. I'm in no rush since winter is approaching. I am set on playing through the winter, got the rain gear ready to go and all. I was fortunate enough to be selected for the Titleist blind ball testing. I plan on getting out sometime here soon and actually playing. Work has been hectic and have only been able to play 9 holes a few weeks ago. Shot -2 under and was a little rusty. Excited to get a couple rounds in before I head to NYC for Vacation for the next few weeks.

UPDATE 9.30.15

Well, a lot has changed since my visit to the Oven. My bag is a mix of Titleist and Nike. I'm pretty happy right now where it is at. The only thing I might tinker with this fall is replacement of the Nike Speed Limited 3 wood. I might venture over to a Titleist 915F we will see. Since my Oven visit I replaced my Oven Vapor Pro with a TW Proto Driver. I found the TW driver had the highest ball speeds out of the Oven Pro, Flex and R15. I worked hard on my driving game and I am pretty accurate now off the tee. I am looking for max distance. I thought the TW driver was it. Then I got my hands on the D4. Wow such a beast. Its 10-13 yards longer than the TW driver. The TW driver was 10 yards longer than my Oven Vapor Pro. Going to do a little more on course testing but so far its D4 for me. I don't see anything beating it just yet. I will say this though. Nike wedges and putter are still in the bag. They aren't going anywhere. I also have went back to the AP2s after a failed experiment with the Nike Vapor Pro/PCs. Excited to see the new line from both Nike, Titleist and TM. Question is do they have anything to replace what I already have. My bag is hard to beat right now.

UPDATE 7.13.15

Trackman Data:

After testing the 4 different drivers I really had the R15 in the back of my mind because of the dispersion. The dispersion went in the order:

R15

Vapor Flex

TW Prototype

Oven Vapor Pro

which was a little shocking to me because I thought the Oven Vapor was the one to beat. Ball speeds went in this order: These are the HIGH's

TW Prototype @ 173mph (a bunch over 170)

Vapor Flex @ 172mph (a few over 170)

R15 TP @171 mph (consistently 167-168)

Oven Vapor Pro @ 168mph (most are in the 165-167 range)

Spin went in this order

R15TP @ 2706 average

TW Proto @ 3106

Vapor Flex @ 3149

Oven Vapor Pro @ 3290

studying all the data and talking with my fitter at the Oven we both agreed that the shaft doesn't quite fit me optimally anymore. Makes sense because when I was fitted it was 30* and I was in a bunch of layers hitting drivers. Swing speed was 110mph then and now I am seeing highs of 118mph on the trackman recently but most in the 113-114 mph range. Just goes to show how much a shaft can make a difference. I immediately picked up a few yards playing with the Flex at least a good 10 yards. So I decided to part with the Oven Vapor. Sad to see it go. I have some great memories attached to that thing but I actually like the look of the TW and the Flex model as of late. The r15 is very consistent, and could possibly be as long but consistently the ball speed are lower than the Flex and the TW.

So here is the deal. The TW actually produced the highest average ball speeds but the dispersion is spread out. The flex has tighter dispersion but lower ball speeds of the TW. This is how they are equipped:

Vapor Flex set at 11.5R with Diamana Blueboard 63x

Vapor TW Prototype with Diamana Whiteboard 73 x tipped 1"

I would think it would be the other way around as far as dispersion. Maybe I just need to get used to hitting the TW more? Right now I am leaning more towards the Flex for consistency but the ball speeds I am getting on the TW has me thinking maybe it just needs more time in the bag. Lastly...maybe I throw a whiteboard in the Flex and see what it does.

Vapor Flex vs TW Prototype...To be continued

UPDATE 6.27.15

Made a few changes to the bag. I ditched the Vapor Pro & Pro Combos. Long story short the RSI's I hate to say it are money. Very forgiving and long off the tee. I found them to excel in areas on mishits where the Nike's didn't. I am anti TM but I am finding they are slowly leaking into my bag. After testing the Titleist 915hd I decided to keep it and it knocked the Callaway X2 Hot Pro out the bag. The Callaway was just too long sometimes and I was looking for something consistent and something hard to hook off the tee. I am very pleased with the Titleist as it gives me everything I am looking for. It is long enough and very consistent. Further testing will be done on 4 different drivers. I should have that done in the next month or so.

New additions to update: Also have the TW Proto Driver and an r15 that I am toying around with

*RSi TP's 4-PW - Nippon Modus 125 x - D4 swing weight

*Nike Vapor Speed Limited 2 dot - Diamana BB 83x

*Nike Engage SS 51 & 55 wedges

*MACHINE M10 Adjuster

*JuJu Headcovers

Titleist 915HD 20.5 - Graphite Design Tour Ad-Di 105x

Hey guys. Finally getting a chance to do a WITB after being stuck at home sick in bed the past few. I had the honor of going to the Oven earlier this year and walked away with some wonderful memories and a few goodies. I won't go in depth about it but if you would like to read my experience you can here: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1126827-the-oven-cota0429s-engage-wedges-update-41215/

I started the year with a set of Titleist 714 AP2 3-PW, D4 swingweight, 2* flat. All the lofts, lies and swing weights were dialed in at Cool Clubs by Billy in Foster City, CA. I ended up selling the set (which I kind of regret)

After my visit to the Oven this is what my bag currently consist of:

• Nike Vapor Pro, Fujikura Tour Spec 63x tipped 1', D4 sw, 45', set at 11.5R
  • Nike VR Limited 15*, Tour Issue Diamana Blue Board iOn, tipped 1', D4 sw, 43'
  • Callaway X2 Hot Pro, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95x shaft, 20*
  • Nike Vapor Pro Combo 3-5, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100, D4 sw, 2* flat
  • Nike Vapor Pro Blades 6-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100, D4 sw, 2* flat
  • Nike VR 56* wedge bent to 54*, s400
  • Nike Engage Toe Sweep 59* MT green dot grind, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue s400, backup version in 60* as well
  • Nike Engage Dual Sole 60*, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue s400 (rotate this with the 59* depending on the course
  • Nike Oven TW001 Prototype Putter

This was the bag before the Oven trip:

This is the bag after the Oven trip:

Nike Vapor Pro, Fujikura Tour Spec 63x, tipped 1", 45'

Nike VR Pro Limited, tour issue Diamana Blue Board iOn 83x, tipped 1', 43'

Callaway X2 Hot Pro, Graphite Design Tour AD Di 95x (this thing actually goes too far) 20*

Nike Oven Engage Toe Sweep MT Green Dot grind. Love this wedge so much I have another in 60* when this one wears out. Green dot is has a dual sole grind but with all the benefits of the Toe Sweep

now for my baby! TW 001 Prototype from Dave Franklin. This one is special to me. RJK on the face for my wife and two boys, DRE DAY down the hosel because well you can't mess with me on the greens! TW stamp, YSC shaft, Rory grip and Rory milled face and grooves. The only other person I can think of that has this combo might be Tiger. My version has a really soft feeling face off of impact. Tiger likes to hear his click. There is a version that Tiger has that looks just like mine as a backup. Dave created this putter for me with my personal signature on the bottom on his spare time from the kindness of his heart. I can't thank him enough for devoting his personal time to it.

Tiger's Version:

My TW 001 prototype:

My plans of today are to drop the 3 iron and add another wedge. Going with the Nike Engage 51,55,59 setup. I am not 100% sold on the Vapor irons either. I love Nike and all the guys down there at the oven, but if it doesn't fit my game and what I need I won't play it. I have some new irons in the works, new 3 hybrid and a putter coming from Machine. As far as the putter is concerned NOTHING will replace my TW001 Proto, I just want something I can take on the airplane when I travel and play with clients. I don't want to risk something happening to my putter.

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x #29 (anniversary date) DRE COTA stamped. Until Nike releases the RZN Black Dot, I will stay with Titleist on this one. Ball has everything I need.

Thanks for looking. More stuff on the way

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

It's about time you put this together. ;) that driver is so sick!
How do you like the Vapors compared to the 714's? I'm really excited to see the 716's!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Omg. That putter is fantastic. I love the personal touches. Especially the signature on the bottom. I wonder how much time that takes and if Slighter would do that for my proto....

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

[quote name='kyle75' timestamp='1432336509' post='11610788']
Great looking bag, esp like the driver with the fuji shaft
[/quote]

profile fit me perfectly at the the Oven. Also the Diamana Whiteboard did too. I always played Diamana's so I went with the Fujikura. My buddy at Cool Clubs loves this shaft as well.

[quote name='Knicks226' timestamp='1432343507' post='11611248']
Beautiful...love it. Love the 3 wood too
[/quote]

tempted to put a Vapor Speed in it. But I can't seem to part with it. If they released the Rory/Tiger speed version I might switch though ;)

[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1432345696' post='11611470']
The green dot looks so awesome, great bag.
[/quote]

thanks I love it. The red dot is the one that came to retail which is the version Rory uses. The green dot has a grind like the Dual Sole but also with the benefits of the Toe Sweep out of the sand and rough. I asked Mike Taylor to make me a 60* version too just in case I don't get a chance to return to the Oven lol

001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

[quote name='Breezy-3-' timestamp='1432351450' post='11611956']
Would love to hear a little bit more about what has you re-thinking the irons, Dre. What are you considering going with instead?
[/quote]

I have a slight back injury right now and I'm fighting my rotation in my swing. I know I should rest it, but it's so hard to say no to golfing. Speed has slowed down dramatically as of late and my quality of strikes aren't there right now. I need something slightly more forgiving.

[quote name='MNNikeGuy' timestamp='1432351991' post='11612004']
How do you like the Vapors compared to the 714's? I'm really excited to see the 716's!
[/quote]

I actually initially liked the Vapors better than the 714's. After playing them though, my misses were just plain better with the 714's. Ball striking is not my greatest quality, my short game is. I need something more forgiving. I wish I could blame it on the way the Vapors are weighted towards the toe, but honestly it's me right now. I have a hard time turning them over. I am super excited about the 716 line up though! Almost pulled the trigger on T-MB's 716 in Japan. Decided to give ...can't believe I am typing this.... TM RSi TPs a shot. Just got them! They have Nippon Modus 125x's in them. Might be what I need at the moment. But these damn Vapors look so sexy in the bag. The volt really grew on me. If it wasn't for me having to work around this minor injury I would probably be sticking with the Vapors. I just honestly admit I am not as good of a ball striker to stick with the Vapors especially now. Not sure if they Vapors are staying or going at the moment.

001 TW Proto

[quote name='cota0429' timestamp='1432354007' post='11612134']
Would love to hear a little bit more about what has you re-thinking the irons, Dre. What are you considering going with instead?
[/quote]

I have a slight back injury right now and I'm fighting my rotation in my swing. I know I should rest it, but it's so hard to say no to golfing. Speed has slowed down dramatically as of late and my quality of strikes aren't there right now. I need something slightly more forgiving.

[/quote]

I actually initially liked the Vapors better than the 714's. After playing them though, my misses were just plain better with the 714's. Ball striking is not my greatest quality, my short game is. I need something more forgiving. I wish I could blame it on the way the Vapors are weighted towards the toe, but honestly it's me right now. I have a hard time turning them over. I am super excited about the 716 line up though! Almost pulled the trigger on T-MB's 716 in Japan. Decided to give ...can't believe I am typing this.... TM RSi TPs a shot. Just got them! They have Nippon Modus 125x's in them. Might be what I need at the moment. But these damn Vapors look so sexy in the bag. The volt really grew on me. If it wasn't for me having to work around this minor injury I would probably be sticking with the Vapors. I just honestly admit I am not as good of a ball striker to stick with the Vapors especially now. Not sure if they Vapors are staying or going at the moment.
[/quote]
I also really like the Volt and Vapors, but they just don't work for me. I put my Vr Forged Split cavities back in the bag and it was night and day difference.
Can't wait hear what you think about the 125's! Will you be replacing your 56* with an engage?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='blink3665' timestamp='1432352316' post='11612040']Omg. That putter is fantastic. I love the personal touches. Especially the signature on the bottom. I wonder how much time that takes and if Slighter would do that for my proto....[/quote]

Thanks. My favorite part about it

001 TW Proto

[quote name='MNNikeGuy' timestamp='1432378399' post='11612592'][quote name='cota0429' timestamp='1432354007' post='11612134']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I also really like the Volt and Vapors, but they just don't work for me. I put my Vr Forged Split cavities back in the bag and it was night and day difference.
Can't wait hear what you think about the 125's! Will you be replacing your 56* with an engage?[/quote]

What was your issue with them again?

I'm excited about the 125s. They came from a member here that went to the Kingdom and got them all blueprinted. Engage 54 bent to 55 going in the bag. I should have it Wednesday

001 TW Proto

This website prohibits pornography. Therefore, the wedge and putter porn pics should be deleted. :nono:

Just kidding. Awesome setup Cota. :smilie_nike:

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1432411296' post='11614656']This website prohibits pornography. Therefore, the wedge and putter porn pics should be deleted. :nono:

Just kidding. Awesome setup Cota. :smilie_nike:[/quote]

Hahaha! That was awesome. Thanks.

[quote name='ry1808' timestamp='1432417860' post='11615076']how do you get on with the wedge? I'm currently between that and the new PM grind for a 60 degree wedge. I hit the PM in store and it was pretty nice, all pf the Nike wedges are under wraps so can't be hit! :([/quote]

I love both the Toe Sweep and the DS from Nike. I was playing the Vokey SM5 prior in the M grind. Great from anywhere on the course. Toe Sweep is so easy out of the sand. Some of the courses here have real fluff in the them or inconsistent bunkers which is why I went with the TS. Maybe try golfmart? 90 day exchange policy!

001 TW Proto

[quote name='ChrisBURR69' timestamp='1432429605' post='11615918']NIce bag, Cota! Are you still liking your Vapor pro driver? I love mine, it feels awesome![/quote]

Really love the driver. I wouldn't say it is the longest out there but I love the setup sound and feel. Going to be hard to switch to something else. Not saying I won't but just very pleased with it.

001 TW Proto

current progress pic on my M10 adjustable putter coming from Dave Billings at Machine Putters. Part of a test group. Needs to torch it and make the dot slightly bigger.

[attachment=2771916:IMG_1314.JPG]

001 TW Proto

[quote name='hillestadj' timestamp='1432570798' post='11622972']Love the Machine, so sick[/quote]

Never rolled one. Can't wait to!

001 TW Proto

[attachment=2775174:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1432667524.611481.jpg]

Mixed feelings lol

001 TW Proto

[attachment=2778216:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1432795576.049787.jpg]

[attachment=2778218:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1432795589.653395.jpg]

Finally here! 50 and 54 both bent a degree weak. Hopefully I can live with the added bounce. The grind on the 54 is clean!

001 TW Proto

[quote name='cota0429' timestamp='1432667534' post='11630136']

Mixed feelings lol
[/quote]

blasphemy! j/k, would be interested to hear how they work out compared to your AP2s and VPCs.

Change is coming
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1127989-grant-the-tanks-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Nice setup and liking the watch as well. I had a set of vapor pros but went back to my 714 CB/MB combo and now thinking of going AP2s just for those off days.
I thought about the RSi TPs but decided I want to stick with Titleist.

Let us know how those RSi and 125x combo works out.

Something about the vapors were working for me either...

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[quote name='grant_the_tank' timestamp='1432796293' post='11641384'][quote name='cota0429' timestamp='1432667534' post='11630136']

Mixed feelings lol
[/quote]

blasphemy! j/k, would be interested to hear how they work out compared to your AP2s and VPCs.[/quote]

After some initial testing today they almost feel like a mix between the two. I played 7 holes at 1 under and missed 2 greens. Winds were around 20mph. Very pleased so far with how they feel going through the turf. So far so good for now. They aren't that much bigger than the Vapor pros but yet smaller than the Ap2. Might be the set I'm looking for.

001 TW Proto

[quote name='KPH808' timestamp='1432800606' post='11641446']Nice setup and liking the watch as well. I had a set of vapor pros but went back to my 714 CB/MB combo and now thinking of going AP2s just for those off days.
I thought about the RSi TPs but decided I want to stick with Titleist.

Let us know how those RSi and 125x combo works out.

Something about the vapors were working for me either...[/quote]

The 125s feel smooth vs the DG has a harshness to it. Something to get used to. These flight beautiful though. I can hit them low and when I do they still have quite a bit of spin on them and they stay low, piercing low. It was really windy, held their line well too. Looking forward to a full round with them.

001 TW Proto