Tournament tomorrow...

par36golfdeercreek ·  
par36golfdeercreekpar36golfdeercreek GolfForeLife22Members  363WRX Points: 0Posts: 363
supposed to be HOTT!!
Okay guys I personally have played in many tournaments for high school and for the various tours in Wisconsin....tomorrow we have the Milwaukee area tournament....and its supposed to be like 88 or 90 degrees....for all the juniors that play in the south where its hot like that almost every day....any tips on how to stay cool?

in the past when ive just played 18 holes in the heat like that...i start to fall apart a bit in the end i dont really wanna do that tomorrow image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />
Posted:

Comments

• BILL12xBILL12x Members  1403WRX Points: 0Handicap: 3Posts: 1,403
    I'm not a junior, but I play in the heat here in South Florida. Stay very hydrated. Drink lots of water and then drink some more.

I drink at least 4-8 20 ounce cups of water on the course and rarely do I have to "eliminate" it.

A 50/50 mix of Gatorade and water is even better. It wouldn't hurt to drink alot of water the night before, also. If you need coffee in the morning, drink the minimum you need to wake up, then start with the water.

Good Luck!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • bryceruddbrycerudd It's a dry heat Members  215WRX Points: 0Posts: 215
    BILL12x wrote on Jul 15 2008, 12:04 AM:
    I'm not a junior, but I play in the heat here in South Florida. Stay very hydrated. Drink lots of water and then drink some more.

I drink at least 4-8 20 ounce cups of water on the course and rarely do I have to "eliminate" it.

A 50/50 mix of Gatorade and water is even better. It wouldn't hurt to drink alot of water the night before, also. If you need coffee in the morning, drink the minimum you need to wake up, then start with the water.

Good Luck!

Like Bill12x said above, STAY VERY HYDRATED!

I play here in AZ where its 110 on a nice day. Prep the night before and start drinking water then when you think you drank enough, drink more. I like to freeze a Gatorade and take it with me so I always have something cold to put on my neck or forehead. Then as it melts you can drink it.

Also bring a bandana or towel you can get wet, while you walk wear it around your neck.

The biggest thing is to stay hydrated. If you get thirsty you are already starting to get dehydrated.

Good luck and dont forget the sunblock. image/beach.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />
    Posted:
  • The Chicken ConnoisseurThe Chicken Connoisseur The Pengest Munch Banned  3732WRX Points: 0Posts: 3,732
    88-90 would feel good to me. Here in the Bay Area (Cali) it's always like 105-110!
    Posted:
  • bjacksonbjackson Win The Day Marshals  5689WRX Points: 56Posts: 5,689 Marshals
    105-110 in the east bay. Last week I played in an AJGA at Castlwood CC in Pleasanton where it was between 100-110 all four day (practice round plus 3 tourny rounds). It's in the low 80's now on the peninsula.
    Posted:
  • par36golfdeercreekpar36golfdeercreek GolfForeLife22 Members  363WRX Points: 0Posts: 363
    thanks for the advice guys i never thought about drinking alot of water the night before...great idea!...thanks for all the advice guyss!
    Posted:
  • jszotjszot Members  323WRX Points: 0Posts: 323
    Just freeze a bottle of water and bring it along with another bottle and when you finish the first one the second should be just about drinkable. And there should be water on the course so just fill up when you could. 90 degrees isnt that hot. I live in jersey and its like that every day. And i have and porblem playing
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • par36golfdeercreekpar36golfdeercreek GolfForeLife22 Members  363WRX Points: 0Posts: 363
    well the thing is in wisconsin the weathers usually high 80s every day...and it rarely gets to high low 90s....(where i live of course)
    Posted:
  • bryceruddbrycerudd It's a dry heat Members  215WRX Points: 0Posts: 215
    Temp is all relative. If you are not used to it it can kick your butt.

When I lived in Buffalo we would wear shorts to school when it got up to 45 degrees in the spring.

In AZ I am wearing a parka if it gets down to 45.
    Posted:
  • birdiemachine11birdiemachine11 Members  454WRX Points: 61Posts: 454 Greens
    Drink a ton of water the night before and continue to drink it during your round.

I also like eating small snacks during my round.
    Posted:
  • epixepepixep If the wind will not serve, take to the oars Members  1425WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,425
    Yeah, as mentioned previously it's usually above 100 here in Arizona (Scottsdale is where I play mostly)... my best advice is too hydrate days in advance. I know that doesn't help you tomorrow... but maybe in the future it will. Even the little things help -- try and stand in shade when your can, don't take too many balls out with you (a heavy bag is horrrrible in the heat), etc.

Also, drink water or your water/gatorade mix continually throughout the round - we're young our bladders can take it image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />

A little off the topic: Playing in the heat on a consistent basis is really the only way to make it a non-issue. When I play in AGJA or IJGT events out here I feel like I have a distinct advantage over golfers than mainly play in 90 degrees and below... although sadly while I barely notice the dry heat, when I play in events on the east coast (NY, FL, SC) the humidity gets to me image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':partytime2:' />
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.