Titleist 915 D3 vs Mizuno JPX 850

johnnyoneone ·  
johnnyoneonejohnnyoneone Members  9WRX Points: 0Handicap: 9Posts: 9
I recently got custom fitted for a driver. With my old driver (Taylormade Burner 2.0 which I do not like) the regular shaft was far too whippy and my spin rate was up around 4000. I tried out a few drivers and it was narrowed down to the Titleist 915 D3, Mizuno JPX 850 and Ping G30. My spin rate was a little low with the Ping G30 and I didn't like the larger 460cc head as much so that was next to be eliminated.

It was then between the Titleist 915 D3 and Mizuno JPX 850 but the problem is I am split right down the middle. They are both lovely clubs and I really like the smaller 440cc heads. My natural shot shape is a draw but I am a feel player and definitely want the option to shape the ball any way I like and I feel like the smaller heads enable me to do so.

Getting into detail there was something about the Mizuno compared to the Titleist. I felt it was a really nice club (especially with that blue colour!) and it just seemed to sit in behind the ball so sweetly. Before going to the fitting I had had an idea in my mind of what I wanted and I was leaning towards the 915 but after seeing and hitting the Mizuno it has put me in a dilemma. Do I go for the trusty and reliable Titleist 915 D3 which is gauranteed results or do I take a risk and go for the new Mizuno JPX 850 with a relatively small reputation in the driver range?

I would really appreciate your advice on what driver I should go for especially if you have used both.

My specs for the drivers are:

Titleist 915 D3 - 10.5 deg

Al setting

Adila Rogue 60 - 3.4 - Stiff

Mizuno JPX 850 - 10.5 deg

Weights in slot 1 & 2

Fujikura Orochi 60g - Stiff
Posted:
Tagged:

Comments

• martinbnsmartinbns Members  1979WRX Points: 32Handicap: 8.2Posts: 1,979 Platinum Tees
    If you are a feel player, which one felt the best?

Both are great, Mizuno's smaller following with woods is just a lack of marketing, all the other clubs they make are excellent, indications are the 850 driver are too.
    Posted:
    Big Bertha Alpha 815 Speeder 565 R
    BB Alpha 815 14 set +1 draw Speeder 665 S
    19 & 23 X2Hot Callaway
    5 to Gap JPX825
    Scotty Kombi
    54/10 Rotex 2.0 56 Tmag ATV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.